PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs. Heat for NBA Championship 2012-2013 Season

Embedded
03-16-2013, 10:18 AM
The Spurs are up and down lately because they can coast a little bit, they're going in a top seed, and they're just a little mentally disinterested against woeful Dallas and Minnesota and Portland. Don't get me wrong, they would have liked to have won those games, but at what cost energy-wise? Lebron James seems back to his own self, killing killing killing during the regular season, and not having another gear for the playoffs. Just like in Cleveland.

ajballer4
03-16-2013, 10:39 AM
It's a foregone conclusion the Heat will be in the finals. They have no competition. It's just a matter of who will face them

Dunc n Dave
03-16-2013, 10:50 AM
The Spurs are up and down lately because they can coast a little bit, they're going in a top seed, and they're just a little mentally disinterested against woeful Dallas and Minnesota and Portland. Don't get me wrong, they would have liked to have won those games, but at what cost energy-wise? Lebron James seems back to his own self, killing killing killing during the regular season, and not having another gear for the playoffs. Just like in Cleveland.

You do realize the Spurs swept the season series with Dallas 4-0, right?

Perhaps you meant to say Phoenix instead of Dallas?

And without an injury to Lebron or Wade, no one is beating the Heat this year in a 7 game series, not even the Spurs.

Darkwaters
03-16-2013, 10:52 AM
The Heat might as well be a bye to the finals. The Eastern Conference is akin to the Junior Varsity league while the West houses the true competition.

That said, the West is hardly all sewn up. While I would agree that one of OKC or SA is the most likely to come out of the west, nothing is certain. Don't put the cart before the horse.

And lastly, with that in hand, I feel confident that if San Antonio can get through OKC to the finals they'll give Miami a very tough series. Miami's back-to-back title is in no way assured.

DapDaGenius
03-16-2013, 10:53 AM

And without an injury to Lebron or Wade, no one is beating the Heat this year in a 7 game series, not even the Spurs.

I'm sure he meant Dallas, because we barely won that game.

wtgspurs
03-16-2013, 12:07 PM
The Spurs have never made it to the Finals and lost. That's When the Team brings out their S+ Game (Higher than Grade A) , while Miami and other teams are doing the best they do. :king Once we Make it to the NBA Finals, we getting that Fifth Championship!

Embedded
03-16-2013, 01:11 PM

And without an injury to Lebron or Wade, no one is beating the Heat this year in a 7 game series, not even the Spurs. Dave, I know we won, but we could have slaughtered the Mavericks, if that shot by Vince Carter had gone in we would have been embarrassed again. We pounded the rock and built our seed early in the season, and I think we deserve to coast a little bit while the other teams now have to work hard.

TheGoldStandard
03-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Basketball is a game of ebb and flo and I feel like Miami is hitting a high note, peaking too early in the season. They had there struggles early on, lost to teams they shouldn't have and now they look unstoppable but everyone has to come back down to earth and there role players will eventually start to miss and go cold. The way it looks is like that'll happen in the playoffs more so than in the regular season. The only trouble with that logic is that there is essentially nobody in the East that will contend with Miami on there road to the finals so very few opportunities to stumble.

The Spurs will have to hit there stride when parker returns and then gel when the playoffs start to get rolling and hope Tim can play like he did against Dallas and the bench can contribute solid every night. Only then will we have a chance to shock Miami.

Chris16
03-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Basketball is a game of ebb and flo and I feel like Miami is hitting a high note, peaking too early in the season. They had there struggles early on, lost to teams they shouldn't have and now they look unstoppable but everyone has to come back down to earth and there role players will eventually start to miss and go cold. The way it looks is like that'll happen in the playoffs more so than in the regular season. The only trouble with that logic is that there is essentially nobody in the East that will contend with Miami on there road to the finals so very few opportunities to stumble.

The Spurs will have to hit there stride when parker returns and then gel when the playoffs start to get rolling and hope Tim can play like he did against Dallas and the bench can contribute solid every night. Only then will we have a chance to shock Miami.

Last years Spurs fell in this same trap. Automatic in regular season and the 1st 2 rounds then couldn't hit the side of a barn when it mattered most in the WCF. Right now it looks like no one can take out of the Heat but it's only mid March, let's see how they play a month from now before the final verdict comes out.

Cry Havoc
03-16-2013, 03:08 PM

One of the worst posts in the history of Spurstalk.

Not even worth responding to seriously.

timtonymanu
03-16-2013, 03:14 PM
This is going to be the 3rd straight season where Spur fan underestimates the Heat. The fact that the Heat are actually doing well in the regular season and can still step up their level of play for the postseason is scary. The only team that can beat Miami is themselves, tbh.

RD2191
03-16-2013, 03:18 PM
If the season ended today we would have to play the Lakers in the 1st round, Clips or Nuggs in the 2nd, and the Thunder in the WCF. (If they make it.) That is fukin nuts.

Cry Havoc
03-16-2013, 03:44 PM
If the season ended today we would have to play the Lakers in the 1st round, Clips or Nuggs in the 2nd, and the Thunder in the WCF. (If they make it.) That is fukin nuts.

Lakers would be easy. 5 games.

Clips and Nuggs don't play defense. 5 games.

Thunder don't have The Beard and we beat them without Parker. 6 games.

Good playoff run. We might push Miami to 7 if we're lucky. Doubt it though. Most likely 6 games.

Thread
03-16-2013, 03:50 PM
If I lose:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

I may just do the dutch.

thunderup
03-16-2013, 04:01 PM

Good playoff run. We might push Miami to 7 if we're lucky. Doubt it though. Most likely 6 games.

:lol you give a bad name to your fanbase.

A series between the Spurs-Nuggz would easily go six. And I truly do believe Miami will cool off and be exposed by your squad if yall get that far. Miami struggles with teams that move the ball and make timely shots. See the 2011 NBA Finals for a more recent example. I also believe Duncan will run a train on Miami's bigs. If their is a team that can knock them off, it's yall.

spurraider21
03-16-2013, 04:02 PM
If we're going to win, let's do it in style. I want the Lakers, Grizz (revenge) and OKC before playing the Heat

Cry Havoc
03-16-2013, 04:05 PM
:lol you give a bad name to your fanbase.

A series between the Spurs-Nuggz would easily go six. And I truly do believe Miami will cool and be exposed by your squad if yall get that far. Miami struggles with teams that move the ball and make timely shots. See the 2011 NBA Finals for a more recent example. I also believe Duncan will run a train on Miami's bigs. If their is a team that can knock them off, it's yall.

That might be true. The Nuggets could get hot, I'll give you that. I still think when our rotations shorten it's going to severely limit their ability to move and score the ball, though.

I could see us POTENTIALLY beating the Heat, but they would have to play poorly for us to do so. If they play like they are now, with Wade going off and LeBron in kill-machine mode, it would be rough for any team in NBA history.

RD2191
03-16-2013, 04:24 PM

Idk man, the Spurs scoring droughts scare me. I know we are playing without TP9 but even last year we had some drought problems. Playing against high powered offense like the Nuggz could be a bit dangerous.

RD2191
03-16-2013, 04:25 PM
If we're going to win, let's do it in style. I want the Lakers, Grizz (revenge) and OKC before playing the Heat
Fuck it, balls to the wall. lol

Dunc n Dave
03-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Dave, I know we won, but we could have slaughtered the Mavericks, if that shot by Vince Carter had gone in we would have been embarrassed again. We pounded the rock and built our seed early in the season, and I think we deserve to coast a little bit while the other teams now have to work hard.

This is not the same Mavs team we steam rolled with a record setting night from 3pt land the last time they were in SA. Did you forget they were riding a 4 game win streak and were only 1-2 games back on the Lakers for the 8th seed going into that game?

Dallas is in no way a "woeful" team, as you put it. Throw Parker in there, and yeah, the score isn't as close. But give the Mavs a little credit; they are playing well lately.

look_at_g_shred
03-16-2013, 05:13 PM
Everyone on Miami's nuts...Is this ESPN or ST?

foodie2
03-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Everyone on Miami's nuts...Is this ESPN or ST?
If this were ESPN, everyone would be up on the *Lakers'* nuts.

Arcadian
03-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Basketball is a game of ebb and flo and I feel like Miami is hitting a high note, peaking too early in the season.

My thoughts exactly. It's all about "peaking" at the right time. It's what the Spurs failed to do the past 2 years. They peaked too soon. Maybe this year they'll finally get it right, and maybe the Heat have peaked too soon. That's what we must hope for if we are to win the Finals.

BatManu20
03-16-2013, 11:24 PM
The Heat are winning it all this year. I think we could push them to 6 though if we play well.