Santorum – 8%
Christie – 7%
Paul Ryan – 6%
Scott Walker – 5%
Ben Carson – 4%
Ted Cruz – 4%
Bobby Jindal – 3%
Sarah Palin – 3%

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/03/16/rand-paul-wins-cpac-straw-poll/

:p:

boutons_deux
03-17-2013, 01:51 PM
almost a solid guarantee he'll never be Pres candidate.

Galileo
03-17-2013, 02:02 PM
almost a solid guarantee he'll never be Pres candidate.

Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush won the CPAC straw poll.

boutons_deux
03-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush won the CPAC straw poll.

Rand-licker Paul is no St Ronnie, and his name is negative, unlike dubya's.

Galileo
03-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Rand-licker Paul is no St Ronnie, and his name is negative, unlike dubya's.

Neither are as good as Rand Paul. But they somehow managed to win CPAC.

Th'Pusher
03-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Jeb asked for his name not to be included in the poll :lol

Nbadan
03-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Rand Paul — 25%
Rubio – 23%
Santorum – 8%
Christie – 7%
Paul Ryan – 6%
Scott Walker – 5%
Ben Carson – 4%
Ted Cruz – 4%
Bobby Jindal – 3%
Sarah Palin – 3%

Rand Paul versus Hillary Clinton, would be classic. After 3 years of austerity though, I don't think too many Republicans will be so high on Paul, that's why the GOP needs a center guy, a guy who can get shit done but still reach across the aisle when he needs to..

Galileo
03-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Rand Paul versus Hillary Clinton, would be classic. After 3 years of austerity though, I don't think too many Republicans will be so high on Paul, that's why the GOP needs a center guy, a guy who can get shit done but still reach across the aisle when he needs to..

Rand is much closer to the center and what the average person wants than Hillary. Hillary supports wars of aggression, drone attacks, and bailouts. She opposes balanced budgets and a simple audit of the Fed.

Rand would eat anyone alive in a debate because he is so much smarter than everyone else. He is the greatest bundle of talent and brilliance in politics since either Robert F. Kennedy of Napoleon Bonaparte.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Poor shilling tbh.

Clinton v Napoleon!

SA210
03-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Rand is much closer to the center and what the average person wants than Hillary. Hillary supports wars of aggression, drone attacks, and bailouts. She opposes balanced budgets and a simple audit of the Fed.

Rand would eat anyone alive in a debate because he is so much smarter than everyone else. He is the greatest bundle of talent and brilliance in politics since either Robert F. Kennedy of Napoleon Bonaparte.

I prefer his father, but Rand is definitely better than than all the scum that's out there. Anti-drone, anti-NDAA, anti-Bailouts, anti-illegal wars, pro civil liberties etc... That alone makes him way better than those murderers, by far.

Clipper Nation
03-17-2013, 06:19 PM
It'd be embarrassing if he DIDN'T win considering who he was up against, tbh...

ChumpDumper
03-17-2013, 06:58 PM
Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush won the CPAC straw poll.Mitt Romney won four times.

Jeb asked for his name not to be included in the poll :lolThat is funny.

baseline bum
03-17-2013, 07:08 PM
I prefer his father, but Rand is definitely better than than all the scum that's out there. Anti-drone, anti-NDAA, anti-Bailouts, anti-illegal wars, pro civil liberties etc... That alone makes him way better than those murderers, by far.

You forgot pro-Romney tbh.

Galileo
03-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Mitt Romney won four times.

That is funny.

2/3rds of all GOP presidents have won the CPAC straw poll.

ChumpDumper
03-17-2013, 08:29 PM
2/3rds of all GOP presidents have won the CPAC straw poll.1/8 tbh.

Galileo
03-17-2013, 08:34 PM
1/8 tbh.

since the straw poll started, idiot. Reagan and Bush II won the straw poll. Bush I somehow got elected president without winning the straw poll, and to this day no one knows how he did it.

Th'Pusher
03-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Not going to get his party's nomination and here's why:

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/poll-warns-republicans-of-focus-on-deficit-88954.html?hp=f2

Galileo
03-17-2013, 08:43 PM
Not going to get his party's nomination and here's why:

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/poll-warns-republicans-of-focus-on-deficit-88954.html?hp=f2

You have confused strategy in the primary with strategy in the general. Luckily, Rand is not confused.

ChumpDumper
03-17-2013, 08:57 PM
since the straw poll started, idiot. Reagan and Bush II won the straw poll. Bush I somehow got elected president without winning the straw poll, and to this day no one knows how he did it.He got more votes than Dukakis, idiot.

SA210
03-17-2013, 10:15 PM

Nope, not at all. And I have expressed my thoughts on that many times in this forum.

Galileo
03-17-2013, 11:23 PM
He got more votes than Dukakis, idiot.

Dukakis never won the straw poll, idiot.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-18-2013, 01:31 AM
Dukakis never won the straw poll, idiot.

Read what you said. Read what he said and try again. Then look up irony.

ElNono
03-18-2013, 02:00 AM
Didn't Ron Paul won that straw poll many times before?

Wild Cobra
03-18-2013, 02:25 AM
Didn't Ron Paul won that straw poll many times before?
Two times, but neither was a general election year.

Drachen
03-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Two times, but neither was a general election year.

neither is this

Nbadan
03-21-2013, 01:00 AM
By Eric W. Dolan
Sunday, March 17, 2013 11:25 EDT

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) on Friday introduced so-called “fetal personhood” legislation that would completely outlaw abortion in the United States.

The Life at Conception Act would declare that human life began at conception, providing fertilized eggs with the same legal status as born persons.

“The Life at Conception Act legislatively declares what most Americans believe and what science has long known – that human life begins at the moment of conception, and therefore is entitled to legal protection from that point forward,” Paul said in a statement. “ The right to life is guaranteed to all Americans in the Declaration of Independence and ensuring this is upheld is the Constitutional duty of all Members of Congress.”

In a fundraising video for the National Pro-Life Alliance last year, the Republican senator explained that the bill would outlaw abortion without contradicting the Supreme Court’s landmark Roe v. Wade decision. Citing the ruling, Paul claimed Congress had the power to define when human life began under the 14th Amendment to the Constitution.

more
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/17/sen-rand-paul-introduces-fetal-personhood-bill-to-outlaw-abortion/

how libertarian of him

Wild Cobra
03-21-2013, 03:30 AM
neither is this
I think that is rather obvious to most people.

Wild Cobra
03-21-2013, 03:30 AM

more
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/17/sen-rand-paul-introduces-fetal-personhood-bill-to-outlaw-abortion/

how libertarian of him
Better than being a murderer of innocent life.

Wild Cobra
03-21-2013, 03:35 AM

more

how libertarian of him
OK, that was a few days ago. My search on his web site and Thomas, show no hits.

That is the "S" number please, so I can find it please?

Wild Cobra
03-21-2013, 03:52 AM
Dan, I hate the laziness of people like you. You really should verify for accuracy something you link...

If you are going to post a link, please look up and verify what is said. Took me a several minutes to find it when the keywords in your link, “fetal personhood” failed.

Would it really outlaw abortion? Maybe, maybe not. I think it would only outlaw abortion on demand.

Link: S.583 -- Life at Conception Act of 2013 (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c113:S.583:)

Text:

A BILL

To implement equal protection under the 14th article of amendment to the Constitution for the right to life of each born and preborn human person.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Life at Conception Act of 2013'.

SEC. 2. RIGHT TO LIFE.

To implement equal protection for the right to life of each born and preborn human person, and pursuant to the duty and authority of the Congress, including Congress' power under article I, section 8, to make necessary and proper laws, and Congress' power under section 5 of the 14th article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States, the Congress hereby declares that the right to life guaranteed by the Constitution is vested in each human being. Nothing in this Act shall be construed to require the prosecution of any woman for the death of her unborn child.

SEC. 3. DEFINITIONS.

In this Act:

(1) HUMAN PERSON; HUMAN BEING- The terms `human person' and `human being' include each member of the species homo sapiens at all stages of life, including the moment of fertilization, cloning, or other moment at which an individual member of the human species comes into being.

(2) STATE- The term `State', and as used in the 14th article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States and other applicable provisions of the Constitution, includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and each other territory or possession of the United States.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-21-2013, 07:14 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1992175/shawn-kemp-dunk-o.gif

SA210
03-21-2013, 11:27 AM
^^ Um, not really

ChumpDumper
03-21-2013, 01:26 PM
I am happy to announce I am supporting Governor Romney.:lol

boutons_deux
03-21-2013, 01:34 PM
I would love RP, RR, or just about anybody else on the current Repug radar to run in 2016.

Trill Clinton
03-21-2013, 01:49 PM
i guess i need to do more research on rand paul. my probation officer was raving about how he's going to be the next president.

SA210
03-21-2013, 02:03 PM
:cry I purposely ignored the fact that SA210 has many times acknowledged Rand's endorsement of Romney and disagreed with it, but I will lie and fake laugh about it and pretend it didn't happen due to my butthurt and e-grudge

Clipper Nation
03-21-2013, 02:17 PM
^^ Um, not really
Yes, really... even backstabbed his own father out of his undying love of Willard Romney's campaign, tbh....

Blake
03-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Dan, I hate the laziness of people like you. You really should verify for accuracy something you link...

Wild Cobra hates himself.

I don't blame him.

SA210
03-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Yes, really... even backstabbed his own father out of his undying love of Willard Romney's campaign, tbh....

That's not what I meant. Learn to read moron :tu

ChumpDumper
03-21-2013, 02:42 PM
I was responding to BB.

It's a real laugh tbh. Just got funnier.

SA210
03-21-2013, 02:48 PM
:cry I'm lying.

And still pretending it's funny. All bc SA210 embarrassed me :cry

ChumpDumper
03-21-2013, 02:52 PM
I truly don't need you to laugh at Rand's selling out.

Certainly doesn't hurt though. Thanks! :tu

Clipper Nation
03-21-2013, 02:53 PM
That's not what I meant. Learn to read moron :tu
:lol Don't project your shame of being an indirect Willard Romney supporter onto me, B....

SA210
03-21-2013, 03:12 PM
:yawn:

Blake
03-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Rand didn't have to back Romney.

Nbadan
03-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Paul is my hero....not..

To establish a deficit-neutral reserve fund to protect Medicare's guaranteed benefits and to prohibit replacing guaranteed benefits with the House passed budget plan to turn Medicare into a voucher program.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=113&session=1&vote=00048

96 Yeas
3 Nays

Cruz (R-TX)
Lee (R-UT)
Paul (R-KY)

If you find yourself voting with TED CRUZ and your in the minority....check your head..

FuzzyLumpkins
03-21-2013, 10:23 PM
Rand Paul sold out. There is nothing more to it.

He wants in on the GOP and he now plays their game rather than his own. That is how the US two party system works and he is all in.

Wild Cobra
03-22-2013, 02:16 AM
Paul is my hero....not..

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=113&session=1&vote=00048

96 Yeas
3 Nays

Cruz (R-TX)
Lee (R-UT)
Paul (R-KY)

If you find yourself voting with TED CRUZ and your in the minority....check your head..

He wants in on the GOP and he now plays their game rather than his own. That is how the US two party system works and he is all in.
Really?

Have you read the whole text of the amendment, and know its full impact? Please... By all means... Enlighten us of what all the amendment does.

Clipper Nation
03-22-2013, 09:36 AM

Truth bombs, son..... Rand will never be like his father, a REAL liberty supporter who refused to play the partisan game....

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-22-2013, 10:02 AM
:lol Rand Paul
:lol sellout
:lol tea party candidate
:lol gonna be the same corporate shill Romney and Obama are by the 2016 elections

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-22-2013, 10:03 AM
oh and :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao ejaculate & fecal matter coming in 3rd place

He's my first choice to win the Republican primary. I want me some froth.

Clipper Nation
03-22-2013, 10:14 AM
If Frothy ever got nominated, that would be the death of the GOP.... actually, that doesn't sound like such a bad outcome :lol

TeyshaBlue
03-22-2013, 11:09 AM
He'll never sniff another primary, is my bet.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-22-2013, 11:19 AM
If Frothy ever got nominated, that would be the death of the GOP.... actually, that doesn't sound like such a bad outcome :lol
tbh I have a hunch the GOP is gonna get taken for a ride by its base in the 2016 primaries and we'll see a bible thumping Islamaphobic theocon make tons of noise and maybe even win :lol

Similar to China forcing its best male and female basketball player to reproduce in order to get Yao Ming, I want the GOP to force Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum to reproduce just so we could see the ultimate tea party mutant.

baseline bum
03-22-2013, 01:18 PM
tbh I have a hunch the GOP is gonna get taken for a ride by its base in the 2016 primaries and we'll see a bible thumping Islamaphobic theocon make tons of noise and maybe even win :lol

Similar to China forcing its best male and female basketball player to reproduce in order to get Yao Ming, I want the GOP to force Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum to reproduce just so we could see the ultimate tea party mutant.

I thought that was Gabriel tbh.

Slutter McGee
03-22-2013, 07:38 PM

I am going to repsond as if this is a legitimate post.

The GOP base is split between 4 factions. Social conservatives who only care about banning abortion and banning gay sex. Traditional conservatives who believe in the above but are way more concerned about fiscal issues. Third, neo-coservatives who want perpetual war. Fourth, libertarian leaning conservatives who may or may not give a shit about abortion, but generally are socially liberal and economically conservative.

The social conservatives will never vote Democrat because they love talking about the dead fetus. You can now ignore them. Unlike Reagan...little compromise is needed for their vote. Neo-conservative thought is dying. So now comes the two most important blocks. Traditional and libertarian. Right now, at least, they are united in fiscal issues, and that aint changing soon, because both groups see it as the most important. Which means the stage is set for a conservative message that actually appeals to the youth vote. And a message that appeals to minorities as well.

Now understand that this message is is only sucessful at the federal level. Because traditional conservatives (the main voting block) can now accept a libertarian conservative because of their belief in the 10th Amendment.

Frankly, it will be tough for a libertarian conservative such as Rand to win the primary. But if he does, you liberal fucktards better be scared. Because a conservative message without the religious stupidity....that will be hard to beat.

Slutter McGee

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-22-2013, 08:19 PM
The social conservatives will never vote Democrat because they love talking about the dead fetus. You can now ignore them. Unlike Reagan...little compromise is needed for their vote. Neo-conservative thought is dying. So now comes the two most important blocks. Traditional and libertarian. Right now, at least, they are united in fiscal issues, and that aint changing soon, because both groups see it as the most important. Which means the stage is set for a conservative message that actually appeals to the youth vote. And a message that appeals to minorities as well.

Supply side economics and lower taxes for rich people doesn't apply to the youth vote or minorities at all.

Slutter McGee
03-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Supply side economics and lower taxes for rich people doesn't apply to the youth vote or minorities at all.

Really? I think the idea that I will get none of my social security whithout massive inflation does apply

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Really? I think the idea that I will get none of my social security whithout massive inflation does apply
:lol and you think rich people paying less taxes is gonna help get social security?
:lol classic backwards supply side logic

Slutter McGee
03-23-2013, 01:44 PM
:lol and you think rich people paying less taxes is gonna help get social security?
:lol classic backwards supply side logic

No, I think means testing and extending the age will help.

The only way your glorious welfare state works, and by looking at much of Europe we can see it often does not, is when another country is subsidizing your entire military...like we still are for the whole of Europe.

As much as liberals try to make cutting spending sound extreme, they can't. Because people with any ounce of common sense don't think we should be spending more money than we take in.

As far as cutting taxes on the rich, think about it for a second. If a rich person hoards their money then it sits in accounts, and that money is now used to make loans to poor people. If they spend it, then they create jobs, either directly or indirectly.

Slutter McGee

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-23-2013, 02:12 PM
No, I think means testing and extending the age will help.
:lol and you think the Republicans agree with that?

The only way your glorious welfare state works, and by looking at much of Europe we can see it often does not, is when another country is subsidizing your entire military...like we still are for the whole of Europe.
So you wanna cut military spending and stop subsidizing Europe.......and you think the Republicans agree with that :lol

As much as liberals try to make cutting spending sound extreme, they can't. Because people with any ounce of common sense don't think we should be spending more money than we take in.
Well George Bush and Ronald Reagan think we should. Liberals also aren't the ones who pretend decreasing military spending will be the death of America.

As far as cutting taxes on the rich, think about it for a second. If a rich person hoards their money then it sits in accounts
Then money sits at the top and the rich's share of the wealth in this country becomes bigger and bigger which inherently weakens the middle class. It's a mathematical reality Republicans don't accept.....heavily taxing the rich and investing the money in infrastructure and other domestic projects that create jobs is the only way to create a sustainable middle class. The rich don't inherently let their wealth trickle down for the middle class. Doing everything you can to maximize your wealth is a natural human behavior Republicans ignore because it alone proves trickle down economics doesn't work.

Nbadan
03-23-2013, 02:14 PM
think means testing and extending the age will help

I don't think there is a need for means testing if we just double the minimum amount of income which people can be taxed on.....there is no shortage of credit in the SS trust fund, so there is no need to raise the minimum age.....what we really need is a more efficient health care system for seniors...

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-23-2013, 02:16 PM
I don't think there is a need for means testing if we just double the minimum amount of income which people can be taxed on.....there is no shortage of credit in the SS trust fund, so there is no need to raise the minimum age.....what we really need is a more efficient health care system for seniors...
We'd be better off making SS and medicare a flat tax that applies to all income, regular or capital gains and with no upper contribution limit. It's a wildly regressive tax people who make all of their money off cap gains don't have to contribute anything to.

Nbadan
03-23-2013, 02:17 PM

Some of the reasons we 'subsidize' other countries with our military are self serving too.....for instance, if we help NATO provide global security we also secure our currency and credit in the financial markets...we protect the international waterways for free trade for many of the same reasons...

Nbadan
03-23-2013, 02:20 PM
We'd be better off making SS and medicare a flat tax that applies to all income, regular or capital gains and with no upper contribution limit. It's a wildly regressive tax people who make all of their money off cap gains don't have to contribute anything to.

Well, I don't think we need to go that far with it...even at current funding levels we won't be borrowing from taxes to pay SS for another 30 years and even then it's just for a few years till the baby boomers kick off....then the fund starts increasing again....doubling the cap would help insure that we are never paying SS with taxes...

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-23-2013, 02:23 PM
Well, I don't think we need to go that far with it

I really don't think making it an actual flat tax isn't going very far. There's no reason why capital gains income should be exempt from social security contributions.

Wild Cobra
03-23-2013, 02:23 PM
Since SS and Medicare is no longer treated like an insure, I say yes. Remove the cap. I say also increase the rate as necessary to pay for social related programs like welfare. The percentage changes for all wage earners making it a fair part of our tax system. When we finally elect a congress and president that starts to run true surpluses, then we can lower the "social tax" rates again.

Nbadan
03-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Since SS and Medicare is no longer treated like an insure, I say yes. Remove the cap. I say also increase the rate as necessary to pay for social related programs like welfare. The percentage changes for all wage earners making it a fair part of our tax system. When we finally elect a congress and president that starts to run true surpluses, then we can lower the "social tax" rates again.

If your right it won't be because of the policies of any tea-bagger President like Rand Paul, it will be because of the leadership and wise spending of the Obama administration which could run surpluses by 2016 or a little after according to some projections...

Nbadan
03-23-2013, 02:29 PM
I really don't think making it an actual flat tax isn't going very far. There's no reason why capital gains income should be exempt from social security contributions.

Well, I agree we need to raise the capital gains tax, but not for the SS trust fund...we also need a financial transaction tax to help regulate transaction on this world wide poker game we call the stock market...

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-23-2013, 02:33 PM
If you understood the difference between gross national debt and net national debt, you'd know Clinton really did leave office with a national surplus.

Wild Cobra
03-23-2013, 02:39 PM
If your right it won't be because of the policies of any tea-bagger President like Rand Paul, it will be because of the leadership and wise spending of the Obama administration which could run surpluses by 2016 or a little after according to some projections...
LOL...

Really? You think Obomba and the current congress would ever try for a surplus?

Do you live in fantasy land?

Wild Cobra
03-23-2013, 02:41 PM
If you understood the difference between gross national debt and net national debt, you'd know Clinton really did leave office with a national surplus.
No he didn't. Period. The national debt increased all eight years of his budgets.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-23-2013, 02:46 PM
No he didn't. Period. The national debt increased all eight years of his budgets.
The gross national debt did, he had the net national debt going down. If you knew the difference between the two you'd know net national debt is actually what matters.

Wild Cobra
03-23-2013, 03:45 PM
The gross national debt did, he had the net national debt going down. If you knew the difference between the two you'd know net national debt is actually what matters.
I do know the difference. Part of that debt is spending the Social Security excess because there is no trust fund.

So you agree the gross national debt went up each year. Good.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-23-2013, 07:38 PM
:lol you still don't get it. I like you talking about something completely aside in acting like that is not the case.

Wild Cobra
03-24-2013, 02:18 AM
:lol you still don't get it. I like you talking about something completely aside in acting like that is not the case.
Who cares what a pathetic Fuzzy Troll like you thinks?

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Politics/hist07z1-3_zpsd33d1881.jpg (http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2013/assets/hist07z1.xls)

Galileo
03-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Rand's win in the straw poll makes him the early front-runner for '16.

Blake
03-24-2013, 06:02 PM
Rand's win in the straw poll makes him the early front-runner for '16.

:lol good one

Nbadan
03-24-2013, 06:58 PM
Frontrunner :lol

Galileo
03-24-2013, 10:23 PM
Rand is the frontrunner, he leads in the polls and is raising the most money.

Nbadan
03-25-2013, 01:41 AM
Rand is the frontrunner, he leads in the polls and is raising the most money.

Well, we are more than 3 years from the next Presidential election..things change...Hillary is the clear democratic frontrunner....but nobody is really running with that right now...Rand could be the flavor of the day, or a libertarian extremists like his father...

Wild Cobra
03-25-2013, 02:06 AM
Rand is the frontrunner, he leads in the polls and is raising the most money.Unlike his father, I think Rand could pull it off, be the republican nominee, and become president.

Galileo
03-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Rand also has the biggest national organization, is the best in debates, and has the best issues for GOP primary voters.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Rand has a better chance than his dad because his dad never sold out to the two party system and corporations while he did. It's only a matter of time before the military industrial complex + prison industrial complex get Rand in their back pocket and he'll be supporting the defense spending + war on drugs his dad is so vehemently against.

Galileo
03-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Rand has a better chance than his dad because his dad never sold out to the two party system and corporations while he did. It's only a matter of time before the military industrial complex + prison industrial complex get Rand in their back pocket and he'll be supporting the defense spending + war on drugs his dad is so vehemently against.

Rand will bring the military-industrial complex to their knees!

ChumpDumper
03-25-2013, 11:26 AM
If Rand keeps selling out, he has a good chance at the nomination.

Galileo
03-25-2013, 11:29 AM
If Rand keeps selling out, he has a good chance at the nomination.

You just think he is selling out.

You've been duped by Rand Paul!!!

:lmao

ChumpDumper
03-25-2013, 11:36 AM
He endorsed Mitt Romney while his dad was still in the race. That's a major sellout -- but something he needed to do if he wants the 2016 nomination. Next, he'll start becoming socially conservative and soften his views on military cuts.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-25-2013, 12:17 PM

The MIC will pour money and resources into another candidate if it thinks there's even a chance Rand won't sell out to them.

Fortunately for Rand, he betrayed his dad and endorsed a presidential candidate who wanted to increase military spending by $2 trillion over the next ten years (as did several of the Ron Paul "supporters" on this site oddly enough), so the MIC is confident it'll have his support.

baseline bum
03-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Rand will buy more manned attack planes instead to kill all the brown children that are currently being handled by the drones. It's a win-win since he can shit on Obama while still handing out fatass checks to Lockheed and Boeing.

boutons_deux
03-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Every Congressman must have lots of money to win and maintain office, so every Congressman is purchased by special interests. It's a complete fantasy that tea bagger, libertarian Congressmen are not as corruptible as any others.

Galileo
03-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Rand will buy more manned attack planes instead to kill all the brown children that are currently being handled by the drones. It's a win-win since he can shit on Obama while still handing out fatass checks to Lockheed and Boeing.

You're mixed up, the Paul family has opposed war for 40 years.

boutons_deux
03-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Rand Paul's Loopy Ascent

When you've got loons the likes of Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin fluttering about, I suppose it's easy not to seem like such a wacko bird yourself.

Is that why Rand Paul is flying high right now? Or is it because he followed his 13-hour filibuster - that knee-defeating, bladder-defying moment in the Senate sun - by showing a few of his less florid feathers? Either way, he has managed, with remarkable speed, to migrate to the foreground of Republican politics. You could almost lose sight of what an albatross he really is.

Today he's singing the moderate song of immigration reform, and that dirge about drones, which had a valid bass note despite its alarmist melody, struck chords across the political spectrum.

But Paul's greatest hits include a denunciation of Medicare as socialism, a recommendation of stopping foreign aid to a few key allies, and the insistent introduction of Patriot Act amendments so loopy that one of them netted all of 10 votes from the 95 senators present while another garnered a whopping total of 4. :lol

As Jennifer Steinhauer noted in The Times right after he peddled those clunkers, he had seemingly relocated to Washington "less to make laws than points."

Now he's making headlines and waves, and not as a Tea Party curiosity but as a Republican Party lodestar, someone discussed seriously as a possible force in the 2016 presidential primaries. He was tapped just last week to be the featured speaker at the approaching Lincoln Day Dinner in Iowa. There's an important caucus in that state, you'll recall.

Paul personifies the G.O.P.'s curse right now. Although it needs to re-establish its bearings in the mainstream, many of the Republicans making the biggest splashes are rowing in from strange tributaries, and the establishment can't seem to stop the tide.

Seasoned hands with cooler heads tend not to generate nearly as much excitement. All Jeb Bush generated with the publicity tour for his immigration book was outright befuddlement.

The tail wags the dog. Rather than Cruz, the junior senator from Texas, humbly taking cues from John Cornyn, the senior senator, Cornyn labors to match the supercilious upstart scowl for scowl, and even followed Cruz's intemperate lead to cast one of only three Senate votes against John Kerry's confirmation as secretary of state.

And Mitch McConnell, who is not only Kentucky's senior senator but also the Senate minority leader, seems to worry more about Paul, the state's junior senator, than vice versa.

Back when Paul began his 2010 Senate campaign as an insurgent ophthalmologist (how many times does a journalist get to write that phrase?), McConnell supported the other, more established candidate in the Republican primary. Then Paul triumphed, the Tea Party proved its muscle and McConnell, eyeing his own 2014 re-election bid, had to worry about being undone by the very romance with naysaying outsiders that lofted Paul to victory.

McConnell's campaign manager this time around? The same one Paul used. His new public posture toward Paul? Indulgent, sometimes even adulatory. He joined Paul for a portion of that marathon filibuster, egging him on.

McConnell doesn't fear a potential Democratic run by Ashley Judd. He fears being "primaried" - the menacing verb that was popularized by the 2010 and 2012 elections, signifying the threat that a state's restive Republican voters will pick a Richard Mourdock over a Richard Lugar. That's Cornyn's dread, too. He's also up in 2014.

And so someone like Paul (who, by the way, voted for Kerry's confirmation) sets the tone. I also wonder if he's modulating his own, as some long-term strategy moseys into his thinking.

Yes, his recent questioning of jail time for marijuana arrests isn't a certain winner, but it's not a surefire loser, either. And his immigration speech last week, which called for a path to citizenship without quite calling it that, suggested a fresh calibration and sensitivity.

But his past brims with statements and stands that make him an unhelpful mascot for his party. He'd be a skunk in a presidential primary and a quixotic, doomed nominee.

He has

railed erroneously about the Clean Water Act's effect on his toilets,

indelicately quibbled with aspects of the Civil Rights and Americans With Disabilities Acts,

and carped about the "nanny state" in relation to seat-belt laws. Yes, seat-belt laws.

His distaste for government is so deep you wonder how he can bear to work there. He's like a vegan who has chosen to sup at a steakhouse, though I guess that's the point. Now that he has access to the kitchen, he can filibuster the filet, stall the sirloin with nuisance amendments, and leave diners with only a side of spinach, and maybe an iceberg wedge.

It's a crazy salad he's serving, no matter how it's currently dressed.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/article?a=1042048&f=28&sub=Columnist

KY and TX sending this flaming assholes AS SENATORS to Congress. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-26-2013, 09:49 AM
At least Rand Paul doesn't hide from the fact social security is a form of socialism and wealth redistribution, that makes him a lot more intellectually consistent than other candidates who use the word socialism to fear monger but support social security and medicare.

Galileo
03-26-2013, 10:13 AM
At least Rand Paul doesn't hide from the fact social security is a form of socialism and wealth redistribution, that makes him a lot more intellectually consistent than other candidates who use the word socialism to fear monger but support social security and medicare.

Socialism worked great in Cyprus, eh?

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-26-2013, 10:19 AM

You're missing my point. Social security is a form of socialism. The fact Rand Paul says just as much gets respect in my book.

boutons_deux
03-26-2013, 10:21 AM

SS is not socialism and wealth redistribution. It's a retirement fund, that the wealthy do not contribute their fair share to.

and what's wrong with socialism anyway (if you even know WTF it is)

boutons_deux
03-26-2013, 10:23 AM

socialism had nothing to do with Cyprus' financial sector/banking failure. Cyprus attracted billions with VRWC's beloved "low tax" bait, and unlimited liquidity flowed in.

Galileo
03-26-2013, 11:17 AM
socialism had nothing to do with Cyprus' financial sector/banking failure. Cyprus attracted billions with VRWC's beloved "low tax" bait, and unlimited liquidity flowed in.

Socialism is Cyprus. The government promised all kinds of pensions, benefits, and free health insurance that they cannot afford, hence they had to borrow from banks. Socialism is bankrupt.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-26-2013, 12:53 PM
SS is not socialism and wealth redistribution. It's a retirement fund, that the wealthy do not contribute their fair share to.

and what's wrong with socialism anyway (if you even know WTF it is)
Nothing is wrong with socialism. I have no problem with social security either. It's just intellectually dishonest to demonized socialism and then advocate for social security since its a form of socialism and wealth redistribution.

boutons_deux
03-26-2013, 01:09 PM
Socialism is Cyprus. The government promised all kinds of pensions, benefits, and free health insurance that they cannot afford, hence they had to borrow from banks. Socialism is bankrupt.

and (US) Darwinian capitalism, and its financial sector, are solvent? :lol

boutons_deux
03-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Nothing is wrong with socialism. I have no problem with social security either. It's just intellectually dishonest to demonized socialism and then advocate for social security since its a form of socialism and wealth redistribution.

you only bitch about wealth distribution to the 99% or 47%, not wealth sucking/rentier capitalism by the 1%

social democracies in Europe are better off, more humane than US's Darwininan, rigged capitalism, which is morally, ethically bankrupt.

Galileo
03-26-2013, 01:52 PM
and (US) Darwinian capitalism, and its financial sector, are solvent? :lol

The US survives only because we have only limited socialism.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-26-2013, 05:11 PM
you only bitch about wealth distribution to the 99% or 47%, not wealth sucking/rentier capitalism by the 1%

social democracies in Europe are better off, more humane than US's Darwininan, rigged capitalism, which is morally, ethically bankrupt.

I'm not bitching about wealth redistribution at all. I've said countless times in this site "wealth redistribution" is the only way to create a stable middle class. My point was that social security is a form of wealth redistribution so it's intellectually inconsistent to bitch about "wealth redistribution" but support social security.

Your critical reading skills need work, tbh.

Clipper Nation
03-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Actually, Rand will get on his knees and start sucking off the military-industrial complex, because (like nearly every politician) he is only concerned with getting elected....

Clipper Nation
03-26-2013, 05:21 PM
You're mixed up, the Paul family has opposed war for 40 years.
Ron has.... Rand, on the other hand, supports sanctions, which are an act of war....

Galileo
03-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Ron has.... Rand, on the other hand, supports sanctions, which are an act of war....

not true, Rand watered down the sanctions.

Galileo
03-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Actually, Rand will get on his knees and start sucking off the military-industrial complex, because (like nearly every politician) he is only concerned with getting elected....

not true, he does not need their money, he has his own base of support.

Nbadan
03-28-2013, 12:28 AM
My point was that social security is a form of wealth redistribution so it's intellectually inconsistent to bitch about "wealth redistribution" but support social securit

:lol no it's not.....if you pay into the system your whole life you have an investment in it, investments pay off in your later life....

....shifting the tax burden to the poor and middle class and denying them what is rigtfully theirs, not paying taxes at all, hiding foreign income in the Caymen...as may corporations do today...now that is 'wealth redistribution'

Nbadan
03-28-2013, 12:31 AM

Cup is half full... The US survives only because we have only limited capitalism...

Nbadan
03-28-2013, 12:39 AM
The elite versus the corrupt M$M for your SS....

Senate Unanimously Votes Against Cuts to Social Security, Media Don't Notice

This is why the vote on the Sanders Amendment should have been newsworthy. Here was an opportunity for all the senators who have explicitly or implicitly supported the adoption of the chained CPI to step up and say why the switch to the chained CPI was a good and necessary measure. However, not one senator was prepared to stand up and argue the case. Not one member of the Senate wanted to go on record in support of this cut to Social Security.

With all the Republicans who pronounce endlessly on the need to cut entitlement spending, there was not a single Republican senator who was prepared to say that switching the Social Security COLA to a chained CPI was a good idea. And even though President Obama has repeatedly stated as clearly as he could that he supported the switch to a chained CPI, there was not one Democratic senator who was prepared to stand up and speak in solidarity with the president.

This is a clear case of the elite lining up together against the bases of both political parties. If the chained CPI were put to a vote of the people it would lose in a landslide. But the elites are prepared to use their control of the political process and the media to do everything they can to push this cut forward.

The battle over the chained CPI provides a great case study in the state of American democracy. We will get to see whether the rich and powerful are able to attack a program that is vital to the security of almost all working people, even when the vast majority in both parties stand against them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dean-baker/senate-unanimously-votes_b_2951945.html

Galileo
03-29-2013, 03:10 PM
Cup is half full... The US survives only because we have only limited capitalism...

We had 100% capitalism from 1776 until 1913.

Blake
03-29-2013, 03:37 PM

untrue.

You're weird.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-29-2013, 03:40 PM

And America had horrible living standards for 90% of the population and a non-existent middle class from 1776 to 1913.

baseline bum
03-29-2013, 04:05 PM
LOL the good old days of slavery. LOL Galileo is a Wild Cobra Libertarian.

Galileo
03-29-2013, 08:29 PM
And America had horrible living standards for 90% of the population and a non-existent middle class from 1776 to 1913.

That's bullshit.

baseline bum
03-29-2013, 08:33 PM
LOL Galileo anti-drone, pro-genocide.

baseline bum
03-31-2013, 02:23 AM
That's bullshit.

LOL Student of Liberty wishing we were back in the good old slavery days.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-31-2013, 05:41 AM

No we didn't. Corporate welfare has been around since the very beginning. Market intervention is market intervention.

There never has been 100% capitalism involving government.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-31-2013, 09:37 AM
That's bullshit.

Great counter-argument!

Galileo
03-31-2013, 09:41 AM
No we didn't. Corporate welfare has been around since the very beginning. Market intervention is market intervention.

There never has been 100% capitalism involving government.

It was about 98% capitalism, close enough. Federal spending in that era was only 2% of GDP.

baseline bum
03-31-2013, 11:02 AM
LOL owning nigg!ers was pure libertarian capitalism.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-31-2013, 11:11 AM
LOL owning nigg!ers was pure libertarian capitalism.

:lol owning n!ggers and murdering native Americans.

When you're able to enslave one group of people as a source of free labor and commit genocide against another group to take their resources, free market capitalism works really well!

Galileo
03-31-2013, 11:20 AM

When you're able to enslave one group of people as a source of free labor and commit genocide against another group to take their resources, free market capitalism works really well!

The African warlords dumped their excess population on the Europeans. You should know the seller is more culpable than the buyer.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-31-2013, 11:23 AM
The African warlords dumped their excess population on the Europeans. You should know the seller is more culpable than the buyer.

That's completely irrelevant to the fact your only example of free market capitalism "working" (I put that in quotes since I'd hardly call 19th century America a prosperous country with a strong middle class) was when indentured servitude was the backbone of America's economy. Whatever party is culpable has nothing to do with it.

baseline bum
03-31-2013, 12:41 PM

It's genocide against both groups, since 1/3rd of slaves died on the trip over.

CROFL Student of Liberty with the most Republican answer possible. LOL you're just Wild Cobra plus an extra chromosome.

Clipper Nation
03-31-2013, 02:30 PM
:lol Another "libertarian" neocon defending slavery
:lol Wild Cobra 2.0

Wild Cobra
03-31-2013, 02:33 PM
:lol Another "libertarian" neocon defending slavery
:lol Wild Cobra 2.0
Huh?

I haven't been following this thread except for responding to my earlier statements.

What did I miss?

Galileo
03-31-2013, 02:40 PM
The Europeans had to go into Africa between 1870 and 1900 and stamp out slavery. Slavery is a barbaric practice.

baseline bum
03-31-2013, 03:59 PM
The Europeans had to go into Africa between 1870 and 1900 and stamp out slavery. Slavery is a barbaric practice.

LOL slavery = free market 98% capitalism

LOL your idol Madison owning slaves

LOL being a teabagger & 9-11 Truther puts one in a special category of mouth breathers

LOL a disgrace to the name of the great Galileo Galilei

Galileo
03-31-2013, 04:22 PM
Privately, Team Rubio is freaking out about Rand Paul’s rise (VIDEO)

“He has the biggest organization of any Republican, he has people in the early states already working and organizing…”

WATCH VIDEO HERE:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?409621-Privately-Team-Rubio-is-freaking-out-about-Rand-Paul%92s-rise

baseline bum
03-31-2013, 05:08 PM
Privately, Team Rubio is freaking out about Rand Paul’s rise (VIDEO)

“He has the biggest organization of any Republican, he has people in the early states already working and organizing…”

WATCH VIDEO HERE:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?409621-Privately-Team-Rubio-is-freaking-out-about-Rand-Paul%92s-rise

Still not as funny as you wanting to go back into the chattel slavery and debt bondage economy.

Galileo
03-31-2013, 06:17 PM
Still not as funny as you wanting to go back into the chattel slavery and debt bondage economy.

Wrong.