PDA

View Full Version : bracket discussion thread

Pages : [1] 2

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-17-2013, 06:34 PM
Whottt are everyone's thoughts? I can't remember a year like this when it was so wide open.

DesignatedT
03-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Midwest is brutal.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-17-2013, 06:43 PM
Midwest is brutal.
No kidding. Idk how the #1 overall seed supposedly gets the easiest bracket when Louisville gets put in the midwest.

thunderup
03-17-2013, 06:51 PM
I just hope this year's march madness is more exciting than last year's snoozefest.

Jeff Van Gundy
03-17-2013, 06:57 PM
Im surprised that oregon is the 12th seed. They deserve much better than that.

dirk4mvp
03-17-2013, 08:27 PM
shitty first round matchup for the beloved Rebels.

monosylab1k
03-17-2013, 11:05 PM
shitty first round matchup for the beloved Rebels.

:lol Marshall Henderson is a stupid n!gger and i mean that in the best possible way.

MannyIsGod
03-17-2013, 11:19 PM
Pretty happy with our first two match ups even if I am lukewarm with our seeding. I can't say the Lobos are definitely better than any of the 2s selected but I think we had a pretty damn good resume. As it is, I am happy with playing at a high elevation site since we play at 5000+ feet to begin with and it is close to UNM so in the end that might be better than being a 2.

We should demolish Harvard based on our size alone and I believe we are the better team by a good margin over Arizona. I think OSU is the toughest team in our region and I think Gonzaga is going to be exposed.

Overall is a pretty favorable region so I'm fairly happy.

Jacob1983
03-18-2013, 12:56 AM
Is Louisville the trendy pick? I have them in the Final Four and winning the whole thing. They just seem like they're playing really good basketball right now. My Final Four is Louisville, Gonzaga, Miami, and Georgetown. I know that Gonzaga usually chokes but I just think that this is finally their year and they're going to get their big break. My dark horses that could make the Final Four are New Mexico, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, and Florida. Picking the winners of these March Madness games is impossible. You can't predict this shit.

MannyIsGod
03-18-2013, 01:07 AM
Louisville is a good pick although I think Duke is also a good pick. However, I think that in the end Louisville's D will be what gets them there.

Jacob1983
03-18-2013, 01:56 AM
What about Saint Louis and New Mexico? How are their chances of getting far in the tournament?

MannyIsGod
03-18-2013, 02:08 AM
UNM has the best chance out of any 3 seed, IMO. I am afraid of Ohio State but I am not afraid of anyone else in that region. St Louis' limit is probably the Sweet 16 because I don't think they will be Louisville but St Louis does have a hell of a defense and is a really really good team. They kicked our ass earlier this season in one of our two worst losses of the year.

Jacob1983
03-18-2013, 02:20 AM
All of the brackets that I've filled out online would not let me pick the winners for the First Four. I guess the NCAA doesn't give a shit about making money off those spare games.

monosylab1k
03-18-2013, 08:05 AM
I only watched 3 college basketball games all year, and two of them were Miami-UNC games, so i have The U to win it all. Larkin will fortify Nash. The other game was Ole Miss so i have them in the Sweet Sixteen.

monosylab1k
03-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Excuse me, Ole Piss.

monosylab1k
03-18-2013, 08:07 AM
Also, i see UCLA getting their ass bear by Minnesota, Shabazz Muhammad will tank to start prepping for the draft.

Spur|n|Austin
03-18-2013, 09:20 AM
I only watched 3 college basketball games all year, and two of them were Miami-UNC games, so i have The U to win it all. Larkin will fortify Nash. The other game was Ole Miss so i have them in the Sweet Sixteen.

I've got your squad winning it all over Gonzaga.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-18-2013, 05:03 PM
You have Ole Miss beating your Badgers?

Mal
03-19-2013, 01:20 PM
I`ve got Louisville to win it over Miami. Plus Ohio st and Kansas. I cant put Zags in F4, cause they might lose earlier. 2nd round upsets: Davidson over Marqutte, Cal over UNLV, Iowa St. over ND and Belmont over Arizona.

DeadlyDynasty
03-19-2013, 05:13 PM

:tu

DeadlyDynasty
03-19-2013, 05:18 PM
I have no idea what to expect this year...hardest bracket I've ever filled out (as far as indecision is concerned). I have Louisville, Miami, Arizona, and Florida making the Final Four. I picked AZ b/c the West has no great teams in it imo, and AZ seems like they're always a bitch to play in the tourney (like Sparty, Louisville, etc). I have Miami winning over Louisville 63-60 in the NCG

MannyIsGod
03-19-2013, 05:24 PM
I got Louisville, My Lobos, Florida, and Miami in the F4. I then have Florida and Louisville in the final (I just don't think my Lobos can beat them) with Louisville winning it all.

I think Louisville will dominate their region, and I think Gonzaga is weak and untested but OSU could also come out of the West. Given picking between UNM and OSU I'm going UNM. I think Indiana might come out of their bracket as well but we'll see.

DeadlyDynasty
03-19-2013, 05:39 PM
As for all my upset picks, I'll post them later. Major upset watch, though (you heard it here first): #15 Florida Gulf Coast taking down the Hoyas in the first round.

DesignatedT
03-19-2013, 06:30 PM
What do you guys think about the St Marys. Mid Tenn game? Anyone have them beating Memphis?

DeadlyDynasty
03-19-2013, 06:35 PM
St. Mary's is a tough out...upset potential with them. Don't see MT doing it though

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-19-2013, 08:12 PM
What do you guys think about the St Marys. Mid Tenn game? Anyone have them beating Memphis?

Idk anything about either team but they both seem really weak. Otherwise, there's a strong possibility of Memphis getting upset given Josh Pastner is a great recruiter but absolutely horrible coach.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-19-2013, 08:14 PM
I have no idea what to expect this year...hardest bracket I've ever filled out (as far as indecision is concerned). I have Louisville, Miami, Arizona, and Florida making the Final Four. I picked AZ b/c the West has no great teams in it imo, and AZ seems like they're always a bitch to play in the tourney (like Sparty, Louisville, etc). I have Miami winning over Louisville 63-60 in the NCG

The last Arizona team you saw in the tournament had a true star player (Derrick Williams) and played great D. This team has way more collective talent but no one who can carry a team the way D-Will could and nowhere near the kind of D the 2011 team played. It's honestly a tough as shit decision as to how far I have them going since their bracket is a joke, but I'd be shocked if they made the final four.

DesignatedT
03-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Arizona is one of the up in the air teams for me. I just don't know what to do with them in the bracket. I really like Belmont this year but hate that they drew Zona round 1. I could also see Zona make it to the s16 if they get past round 1 since I like that matchup with New Mexico for them. I'm leaning on taking Belmont right now though.

DesignatedT
03-19-2013, 08:30 PM
Another game/part of the bracket that is killing me is Belmont/Butler and the Marquette/Davidson matchups. What are you guys thinking there?

Cry Havoc
03-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Surprised my team got a 7 seed, tbh (Illinois). We could make some noise if we play well.

DesignatedT
03-19-2013, 09:01 PM
Tough draw for them with Colorado and then Miami though

MannyIsGod
03-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Arizona is one of the up in the air teams for me. I just don't know what to do with them in the bracket. I really like Belmont this year but hate that they drew Zona round 1. I could also see Zona make it to the s16 if they get past round 1 since I like that matchup with New Mexico for them. I'm leaning on taking Belmont right now though.

I'm curious as to why you think NM is a good match up for Arizona?

DesignatedT
03-19-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm curious as to why you think NM is a good match up for Arizona?

It's not really anything specific about Arizona although they do have some nice talent but I'm just skeptical about New Mexico still. I have only seen them play a handful of times this season but when I look into the numbers I just don't see it. You can't argue with their record and RPI and maybe they make a deep run but when I see some of the flaws in rebounding, free throw shooting and a very low field goal percentage (ranked 218th overall) it just makes me want to stay away from them. Could be wrong though and I'm sure you have a much better take on them since you watched a ton of their games this season.

MannyIsGod
03-19-2013, 09:49 PM
They definitely shoot a very low percentage but free throws are absolutely not an issue. They're among the leaders in NCAA in the amount of free throws taken and they don't give many up at all. They've MADE 100 more FTs than their opponents have SHOT. They convert them at an above average clip and that is actually one thing that helps them overcome their poor shooting. They're actually not really a poor rebounding team either but I wouldn't say they're a great rebounding team either.

What they absolutely are great at is defense. They have quickness and length on the perimeter with size down low and they are very much a defense first team. Because their weakness is generally their offense, a really good defensive showing will make them look downright bad. This is what happened at both St Louis (don't sleep on that defense - but I don't think they can beat Louisville) San Diego St, and to a lesser extent UNLV. But honestly, I don't see Arizona as being capable of putting that type of defense on. Those other 3 are all top 10 defenses (UNLV is just outside the top 10 but close enough).

Arizona is certainly capable of beating UNM if they get extremely hot but over the past month the Lobos are playing extremely well. I'm ignoring the AF loss as pretty much nothing was on the line and we rested some of our players so the last real loss was on the road at UNLV on 2/9. This team has been underrated all year by most of the country and there's a reason that people like KenPom are now picking them for the F4.

MannyIsGod
03-19-2013, 09:50 PM
PS Tony Snell is blossoming right before our eyes. Don't sleep on him in this tourney.

DesignatedT
03-19-2013, 09:54 PM
They definitely shoot a very low percentage but free throws are absolutely not an issue. They're among the leaders in NCAA in the amount of free throws taken and they don't give many up at all. They've MADE 100 more FTs than their opponents have SHOT. They convert them at an above average clip and that is actually one thing that helps them overcome their poor shooting. They're actually not really a poor rebounding team either but I wouldn't say they're a great rebounding team either.

What they absolutely are great at is defense. They have quickness and length on the perimeter with size down low and they are very much a defense first team. Because their weakness is generally their offense, a really good defensive showing will make them look downright bad. This is what happened at both St Louis (don't sleep on that defense - but I don't think they can beat Louisville) San Diego St, and to a lesser extent UNLV. But honestly, I don't see Arizona as being capable of putting that type of defense on. Those other 3 are all top 10 defenses (UNLV is just outside the top 10 but close enough).

Arizona is certainly capable of beating UNM if they get extremely hot but over the past month the Lobos are playing extremely well. I'm ignoring the AF loss as pretty much nothing was on the line and we rested some of our players so the last real loss was on the road at UNLV on 2/9. This team has been underrated all year by most of the country and there's a reason that people like KenPom are now picking them for the F4.

Nice info. You like Saint Louis to make it to the S16?

MannyIsGod
03-19-2013, 10:05 PM
I do! They're going to blow out NM St (I've seen them play twice this year and they're not impressive at all - their big dude is a giant but he's slow and lacks any type of touch at all) and then they're going to smash whoever comes out or Oregon and OK St. I think they'll have a good game with Louisville but I just think Louisville is the best team in the nation. I keep trying to talk myself into them having a realistic chance but I am too in love with Louisville I guess.

DesignatedT
03-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Yeah I think you're right about that. Any upsets you're looking at? I really like Ole Miss to beat Whisky and maybe even K-State.

MannyIsGod
03-19-2013, 10:18 PM
I got Oregon over OK St but I'm not too sure about that. I think maybe Tllong is in my head. I definitely have Minnesota over UCLA, I got Bucknell over Butler, and I think Cal might beat UNLV (basically a road game for UNLV and UNLV is not nearly as good on the road).

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Yeah I think you're right about that. Any upsets you're looking at? I really like Ole Miss to beat Whisky and maybe even K-State.

Another game/part of the bracket that is killing me is Belmont/Butler and the Marquette/Davidson matchups. What are you guys thinking there?
That's killing me as we'll cause all four of those teams suck. I picked Marquette out of that group just cause going chaulk made more sense than anything else, there are a few intriguing things about bucknell that make me wanna pik them over butler.

Jacob1983
03-20-2013, 01:15 AM
Are we going to see a Butler, George Mason, or VCU type of team get to the Elite Eight or Final Four?

The two things that you can count on in the tournament are
1) The Final Four has only had all number 1 seeds once.
2). 1 Seed always beat 16 Seed.

This shit is just hard to predict. I mean you just can't predict or guess what's going to happen because it's single game elimination and if a team plays like a shit for 1 game, it's over.

Mal
03-20-2013, 03:01 AM
And what about them Syracuse ? Indiana is overrated, but Cuse is so tough to predict. They have talent, but Fair and Carter - Williams are morons, and them is very important for them.

DesignatedT
03-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Memphis would probably be way to athletic for Boise to handle but I think La Salle would have a legitimate shot at that game if they hold onto this one.

MannyIsGod
03-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Yeah I'm flipping back to OK St. Oregon is not going to win that game.

DesignatedT
03-20-2013, 10:43 PM
I meant Kansas State* Not Memphis.

DesignatedT
03-20-2013, 10:44 PM
Yeah I'm flipping back to OK St. Oregon is not going to win that game.

Why is that? Too many people talkin about it or what

Fabbs
03-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Gonzaga out recruited the bigs (Duke, Kansas etc) to land freshman Przemek Karnowski, a 7'0" Polack.
He will go NBA no doubt, probaby not till after his sophmore season but if not then for sures after Juinior season.
He's been given minutes off the bench and has kicked ass every time he's been given extended play time.
Bigs ahead of him are both very good (Olynyk and Harris), but there is going to be one or more games that will be won or lost 65-63 and the Zags coach is going to need make adjustment and play Karnoski more minutes in one or more of those games. The coachs history is suck ass in the tournament, we shall see if he has learned from years past.

Clipper Nation
03-21-2013, 12:31 PM
I actually have the []_[] winning it all, tbh.... Miami dope as hell...

Spur|n|Austin
03-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Are we going to see a Butler, George Mason, or VCU type of team get to the Elite Eight or Final Four?

The two things that you can count on in the tournament are
1) The Final Four has only had all number 1 seeds once.
2). 1 Seed always beat 16 Seed.

This shit is just hard to predict. I mean you just can't predict or guess what's going to happen because it's single game elimination and if a team plays like a shit for 1 game, it's over.

My sleeper, Belmont goes as far as Elite 8 but loses to Gonzaga..

And what about them Syracuse ? Indiana is overrated, but Cuse is so tough to predict. They have talent, but Fair and Carter - Williams are morons, and them is very important for them.

I'm thinking Syracuse will make the Final Four, but lose to Florida, my National Champion.

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 12:47 PM
I have Indiana taking it down. They have looked pretty mediocre as of late but I just think they are the most balanced team in the tournament.

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Come on Bucknell. Fuckin bums.

Spur|n|Austin
03-21-2013, 12:54 PM
I have Indiana taking it down. They have looked pretty mediocre as of late but I just think they are the most balanced team in the tournament.

Most people in my bracket have Indiana winning too, it was hard not to choose them, they are raw as a sushi plate.

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 12:54 PM
There we go Bucknell.

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Most people in my bracket have Indiana winning too, it was hard not to choose them, they are raw as a sushi plate.

I think one of Indiana, Louisville or Miami will take it.

Jeff Van Gundy
03-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Bucknell hit some nice 3s and took the lead

Bill_Brasky
03-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Butler on upset alert. Great game, Bucknell just riding this momentum.

symple19
03-21-2013, 01:26 PM
I got Bucknell going to the 16... Need a run here or it's over

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Shiet

Jeff Van Gundy
03-21-2013, 01:31 PM
I got Bucknell going to the 16... Need a run here or it's over

Doesn't look like bucknell will make it. Now is not the time to get cold but they keep missing good looks

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Bucknell stopped going inside. Horrible end of the game.

ColinB
03-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Muscala was awful.

Clipper Nation
03-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Tre Woodall is in full-out Kirby mode right now... 1-9 :lol

Clipper Nation
03-21-2013, 03:15 PM
:lol Pitt
:lol Shitting the bed in the Tourney per par

rjv
03-21-2013, 03:17 PM
off to a 4-0 start as i got the wichita state upset. now i need marquette to avoid being tripped up and oregon to get my next upset pick.

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 03:18 PM
I had Wichita State as well. Bucknell screwed me though.

I have Memphis and Davidson going on right now.

rjv
03-21-2013, 03:56 PM
slow start for zaga

Mal
03-21-2013, 04:03 PM
3/5 with Zags, OkST and Davidson pending

rjv
03-21-2013, 04:04 PM
st marys gave it a good shot but came up short. dogs look unimpressive to start. so far, patty mills and dejuan blair are out.

Jeff Van Gundy
03-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Did not know little stockton played for gonzaga :lol

ace3g
03-21-2013, 04:41 PM
come on Marq!!!

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Wow Davidson with the choke goods.

ace3g
03-21-2013, 04:43 PM
yes!!! up 1 with 1 sec left

ace3g
03-21-2013, 04:43 PM
no stupid fouls since they are such a good FT team

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Marquette may get past Butler also. That will be the end of the road for them though.

rjv
03-21-2013, 04:48 PM
whew...marquette gets me to 6-0. i have them losing to butler in the next round though. i am not happy about the dogs performance to this point though considering i have them in the final four.

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 04:53 PM
You have Butler in the final four? Wow.

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Gonzaga already getting exposed.

Jeff Van Gundy
03-21-2013, 05:01 PM

Not surprising. Coach Stevens is a really good and they have been there 2 times before. However, this roster does not look as good as previous Butler teams

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 05:04 PM
I know they have but this team is nowhere near as good as those F4 teams. Coming out of a bracket that holds Indiana and Miami would be very surprising tbh.

rjv
03-21-2013, 05:05 PM

not butler-(i do have them in the sweet sixteen); i have zaga in the final four.

Pelicans78
03-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Go Southern! Best team in Louisiana :lol

Gonfaga being exposed :lol

Pelicans78
03-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Jags on fire! down by one!

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 05:11 PM
not butler-(i do have them in the sweet sixteen); i have zaga in the final four.

Oh ok. Yeah they don't look too hot right now.

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Even though I took Wichita St., I don't think they are as good as that score advertised today also though.

They gave up a lot of open shots but Pitt just can't shoot.

rjv
03-21-2013, 05:13 PM
dogs trying to pull away. hard to say about wichita state. i never saw them play all year.

Jeff Van Gundy
03-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Upset alert!!! (Not really) Oregon is whuppin dat ass against ok st. Kind of feel bad for ok. St. cause oregon is much better than a 12th seed

rjv
03-21-2013, 05:26 PM
jags refuse to go away-just when it looked like gonzaga was going to pull away they fight back

rjv
03-21-2013, 05:33 PM
if it wasn't for the fact that gonzaga is dominating the boards the jags would be ahead in this one (and they may even still win).

ace3g
03-21-2013, 05:43 PM
big shot by Pangos

Clipper Nation
03-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Southern would have won if not for the Thunderefs-esque officiating Gonzaga has been getting all game, tbh.... probably too much to overcome....

rjv
03-21-2013, 05:49 PM
well the dogs get me to 8-0 for the tourney but i'm very concerned about how long they will be along based on that performance. they could get knocked out by wichita state or ole miss if they play like that. and no would they get past ohio state.

rjv
03-21-2013, 05:51 PM
8-0 if the ducks hold on that is.

Clipper Nation
03-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Thanks to Marcus "Not Too" Smart, I'm boutta get my first loss...

blkroadrunners
03-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Zags dodged a bullet there.

Clipper Nation
03-21-2013, 06:00 PM
well the dogs get me to 8-0 for the tourney but i'm very concerned about how long they will be along based on that performance. they could get knocked out by wichita state or ole miss if they play like that.
I have Gonzaga losing to Wichita State, tbh.... I'm not really impressed by them, and the fact that they're a #1 seed is going to set all mid-majors back a decade....

monosylab1k
03-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Well so far my bracket is perfect. I picked Oregon on a whim and it paid off :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-21-2013, 06:29 PM
I have Gonzaga losing to Wichita State, tbh.... I'm not really impressed by them, and the fact that they're a #1 seed is going to set all mid-majors back a decade....

It really won't tbh, the selection committee is never a fan of admitting its fuck ups, what they'll do instead is try to force more mid majors down our throat like they do with the big east after several years of fellating the big east during the selection process.

Clipper Nation
03-21-2013, 06:46 PM
It really won't tbh, the selection committee is never a fan of admitting its fuck ups, what they'll do instead is try to force more mid majors down our throat like they do with the big east after several years of fellating the big east during the selection process.
Difference is, mid-majors get a FAR shorter leash in both basketball and football than a major conference like the Big Least, tbh...

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Difference is, mid-majors get a FAR shorter leash in both basketball and football than a major conference like the Big Least, tbh...

It seems like an ego thing with the selection committee, not a question of which conference gets more of a leash. The selection committee is full of egotistical dumbshits who will now be emotionally invested in vindicating their decision to make Gonzaga a 1 seed.

Clipper Nation
03-21-2013, 06:51 PM
I hope you're right, tbh... Mountain West is gonna be stacked next year and deserves some love from the committee...

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Mountain West has always had a lot more credibility than the W:lolst C:lolast Conference :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-21-2013, 06:57 PM
:lol Arizona
:lol only up by 5 against Belmont
:lol everyone in my bracket other than me having Arizona making the elite 8

tlongII
03-21-2013, 07:07 PM
So far, so good. Perfect so far. I had the Ducks and I had Wichita State.

MannyIsGod
03-21-2013, 07:07 PM
LOL yeah I should have stuck with my inner tllong.

Venti Quattro
03-21-2013, 08:05 PM
:lmao Oklahoma State
:lmao thunderup

:lol Arizona
:lol only up by 5 against Belmont
:lol everyone in my bracket other than me having Arizona making the elite 8

Up 17 now.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-21-2013, 08:06 PM
:lmao thunderup (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=35988)

Up 17 now.
thunderup's team hasn't played yet :lol

But yeah it's been all Arizona since my comment. One thing they have going for them is that the "Let teams chuck up wide open 3's against you" defense has a lot of success in the tournament against teams full of nervous players.

Venti Quattro
03-21-2013, 08:08 PM
thunderup's team hasn't played yet :lol

Lol yeah, I just like to laugh at Methlahoma and anyone who sympathizes with it in general. :lol

But yeah it's been all Arizona since my comment. One thing they have going for them is that the "Let teams chuck up wide open 3's against you" defense has a lot of success in the tournament against teams full of nervous players.

:lol they're screwed if some team catches fire

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-21-2013, 08:11 PM
:lol they're screwed if some team catches fire

:lol pretty much. If they get by New MexiCANT, they're fucked against Ohio State. Aaron Craft will get in Mark Lyons' ass and ensure he has one of his monkey-like performances where he goes 2-17 from the field, while they leave players like Craft wide open all game.

Clipper Nation
03-21-2013, 08:21 PM
UNLV is gonna screw over my bracket, I had them making a decent run...

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Arizona falls asleep and Belmont goes on a 9-0 run in like not even a minute.

What's your final 4, Clipper Nation?

Clipper Nation
03-21-2013, 08:31 PM
What's your final 4, Clipper Nation?

Louisville, Georgetown, Miami, and New Mexico, tbh.... it feels like a year where most of the "blue bloods" are going to have early exits, considering the general parity this season...

ace3g
03-21-2013, 08:39 PM
UNLV better attack attack attack, being in Bonus for last 4 min

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-21-2013, 08:39 PM
The amount of teams that shot in the low 30s and high 20s today is pathetic. I thought the sets UofA runs are horrible, but they look masterful compared to the sets UNLV runs (I'm actually not sure if UNLV runs sets).

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-21-2013, 08:41 PM
lol Cal

8 point lead and UNLV just turns the ball over, they have the chance to basically seal the game by taking their time but instead force a shot that leads to an easy layup for UNLV.

ace3g
03-21-2013, 08:49 PM
ouch

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Cal's doing everything possible to throw this game away.

Clipper Nation
03-21-2013, 09:09 PM
:lol UNLV

Dave Rice is like the college version of Vinny Del Negro, tbh.... all that talent wasted on absolutely zero system or instruction whatsoever....

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Idk who coaches Colorado St. but they appear to be one of the most well coached teams in the tourney.

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Come on Mizzou

Clipper Nation
03-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Idk who coaches Colorado St. but they appear to be one of the most well coached teams in the tourney.
Larry Eustachy, who was Iowa State's coach years ago until he got photographed chugging beers and partying with co-eds at a frat party after a loss (no, I'm not making this up) :lol

I picked them to beat Mizzou, tbh... they are indeed a well-coached, solid team and they dominate on the boards....

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-21-2013, 10:17 PM
Larry Eustachy, who was Iowa State's coach years ago until he got photographed chugging beers and partying with co-eds at a frat party after a loss (no, I'm not making this up) :lol

I picked them to beat Mizzou, tbh... they are indeed a well-coached, solid team and they dominate on the boards....
Yeah I picked them too. I always pick against teams that run a 4 guard lineup.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-21-2013, 10:23 PM
If this New Mexico game is any indication of what Arizona will be up against I like our chances.

Killakobe81
03-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Would love an upset of New Mex ... Im in a 3 bracket big money league and I only chose New Mex over Arizona in one ... Im sure it would kill some of my peers ...

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 10:58 PM
and New Mexico is pretty much who I thought they were.

Clipper Nation
03-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Wow, New Mexico just embarrassing themselves..... can't believe I picked them to go to the Final Four.... :lol

Venti Quattro
03-21-2013, 11:11 PM
:lmao New Mexico

Holy shit, Cuse is laying a beating on this Montana team.

MannyIsGod
03-21-2013, 11:12 PM
Fuck my life. I have no idea who this team is.

MannyIsGod
03-21-2013, 11:12 PM
and New Mexico is pretty much who I thought they were.

Yeah you thought that form all the NM games you watched right? Thats why you picked Harvard right? Yeah - we are probably about to fucking lose but YOU are full of shit with this.

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Not over yet.

Venti Quattro
03-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Fuck my life. I have no idea who this team is.

:lmao losing to Harvard

Jacob1983
How the Hell is New Mexico losing to Harvard? Pathetic.

DesignatedT
Yeah you thought that form all the NM games you watched right? Thats why you picked Harvard right? Yeah - we are probably about to fucking lose but YOU are full of shit with this.

I already said I've only seen like 3 games of NM this year. Just didn't buy into all the F4 or Elite8 talk. I have Arizona beating them next round like I said before the tourney started. Chill it brah

Clipper Nation
03-21-2013, 11:15 PM
:lol Harvard couldn't even inbound the ball twice!

Clipper Nation
03-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Aaaaaand New Mexico officially shits the bed.... damn....

MannyIsGod
03-21-2013, 11:17 PM
This is the worst sports feeling I've had since .4.

Jacob1983
03-21-2013, 11:18 PM
A lot of brackets are about to get shat on if Harvard beats NM.

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 11:19 PM
Need 1 miss and a 3 ball

Jacob1983
03-21-2013, 11:20 PM
And boom goes the dynamite.

symple19
03-21-2013, 11:20 PM
:lmao New Mexico

MannyIsGod
03-21-2013, 11:21 PM
LOL me
LOL NM

There. Now, I'm never opening this thread again. Ever.

DesignatedT
03-21-2013, 11:23 PM
David Payne Purdum ‏@DavidPurdum 5m
There 11 active futures bets on #Harvard to win tourney at 9999/1 at LVH.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Well if Arizona can't get to the Sweet 16 then we've got real problems. The potential matchup of OSU will be really tough but it's not the worst possible matchup by a long shot. They've got plenty of bodies to throw at DeShaun Thomas.

Jacob1983
03-21-2013, 11:33 PM
New Mexico was fool's gold. In most of my brackets, I had them going to the Elite 8. I learned my lesson. I should have given more respect to Arizona. Maybe next time.

Venti Quattro
03-21-2013, 11:55 PM

thunderup
03-21-2013, 11:56 PM
I had New Mexico getting eliminated in the next round but :lol I was wrong.

:lol losing to Harvard

thunderup
03-21-2013, 11:58 PM
:lmao thunderup

Up 17 now.
:lol Fuck OK state

DeadlyDynasty
03-22-2013, 01:39 AM
Lost only 3 games today, but one of them was an Elite 8 pick (Pitt). Still, like I (and everyone else) said the West is wide open. I'm REALLY liking my AZ final 4 pick now though. I also missed the NM-Harvard game like everyone else (had them losing against AZ), and the CSU-Mizzou one. My "lower-seed-win" picks tomorrow are Colorado, Oklahoma, and Florida Gulf Coast

Mal
03-22-2013, 03:07 AM
6 missed picks. Davidson screw me big time. St Mary`s laid an egg.

My dogs were awful. Missed on Belmont, Davidson, St Mary`s. Got Cal correctly.

And who would think of Harvard winning against Lobos. New Mexico and whole MWC is a joke.

Jacob1983
03-22-2013, 03:29 AM
I was 13 for 16 on CBS Sports. That was my best bracket out of the ones I filled out.

JMarkJohns
03-22-2013, 09:43 AM
If AZ can avoid Wisconsin, they can make Final 4. They are too undisciplined to beat the Badgers. But vs Ohio State or Gonzaga, they'll compete. Harvard is a bad rebounding team, and had four players log 39 minutes or more last night. AZ has depth and can wear them down. Defend the three, get to their bench, push the ball inside.

This AZ team is sloppy with the ball, but I'd rather commit turnovers of aggression than take 25+ threes of non-aggression. Seems AZ wins more when it pushes tempo and forces the ball inside. Bigs get involved and Arizona doesn't get in the habit of settling.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-22-2013, 09:52 AM
If the play like they did last night (i.e. how they were playing before conference play) Wisconsin wouldn't be much of an issue. IMO Aaron Craft makes OSU the worst possible matchup in the region. He'll frustrate the hell out of Lyons and make Lyons start doing dumb shit. If they're good enough to beat OSU and they make the elite 8 they'll be more than capable of beating a team that hasn't gotten past the elite 8 since like the 1950s iirc.

symple19
03-22-2013, 10:41 AM
2 Elite 8 picks down, UNLV/New Mexico St, and one sweet 16 pick also down in Bucknell... (:lol MWC) Was 11/16 overall yesterday

Got Ole Miss beating the Badgers today and riding that crazy, shit-talking cracker of theirs to the final four

:lmao at my bracket

howeva, my other 3 FF picks are UF/Miami/Louisville with the Cardinals winning it all. Still feel pretty good about those

symple19
03-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Not many teams I hate more than Wisconsin and their ultra-boring brand (albeit effective) style of basketball

Since I also hate the Buckeyes, would like nothing more than to see a Zona/Ole Mrs. matchup in the Elite-8 out west. No way that Harvard magic will last

tlongII
03-22-2013, 11:24 AM
I went 14-2 yesterday. I'm tied for 3rd place out of 236 entries.

tlongII
03-22-2013, 11:25 AM
But effing New Mexico was one of my losses! :lol

rjv
03-22-2013, 12:16 PM
13-3 so far. have ol miss beating badgers so let's see if that sticks for me. looks like a good one so far.

ColinB
03-22-2013, 12:18 PM
14-2 yesterday. New Mexico and Bucknell were my two misses, but I had both going out next round.

rjv
03-22-2013, 12:28 PM
marshall henderson is just 1 for 11 so far

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-22-2013, 12:38 PM
marshall henderson is just 1 for 11 so far

Ole Miss would have complete control of this game if Henderson wasn't rushing shots and they were working the ball inside every time. Their big men are getting whatever they want against Wisconsin's corn fed crackers down low.

Mal
03-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Go Temple. Wolfpacks are bunch of morons

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-22-2013, 01:08 PM
I should have paid more attention during the regular season this year so when I was picking games like Temple/NC State I'd have known NC State doesn't play any defense whatsoever.

Mal
03-22-2013, 01:11 PM
I should have paid more attention during the regular season this year so when I was picking games like Temple/NC State I'd have known NC State doesn't play any defense whatsoever.

Plus their offense is only effective when they can run. Their halfcourt offense is just painful to watch.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Plus their offense is only effective when they can run. Their halfcourt offense is just painful to watch.

:lmao I was just gonna say that. The pass that guy #12 on NC State made that led to a turnover was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.

I like how the dumbshits on ESPN were saying Indiana has a huge challenge facing them in the next round and NC State was an extremely dangerous 8 seed.

Mal
03-22-2013, 01:16 PM
:lmao I was just gonna say that. The pass that guy #12 on NC State made that led to a turnover was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.

And I dont watch this game at the moment. I am watching how Wisconsin is completely screwing my bracket.

rjv
03-22-2013, 01:20 PM
Ole Miss would have complete control of this game if Henderson wasn't rushing shots and they were working the ball inside every time. Their big men are getting whatever they want against Wisconsin's corn fed crackers down low.

agreed. just one three pointer to this point. otherwise, they're up by double digits.

nice start for temple-that's another mild 'upset' i have slated for today

Mal
03-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Wisconsin coach is stupid.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Wisconsin's coach is right up there with Buzz Williams and Jamie Dixon as one of the most overrated in college basketball. Every year entering the tournament I hear about how disciplined they are and how they never beat themselves, and then every year they don't live up to their seed because they can't do anything on offense when they're not hitting 3s.

Mal
03-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Wisconsin clunked, literally cluckend their last 10 shots or so. Patethic.

thunderup
03-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Henderson :wow

thunderup
03-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Did anybody have Wisconsin going down today?

DUNCANownsKOBE
It's gonna suck seeing Gonzaga limp their way to the elite 8 by beating Southern, Wichita State, and Ole' Miss then say that validates their one seed in spite of getting completely blown out by OSU or Arizona.

Mal
I have those morons to go to Elite 8.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-22-2013, 01:32 PM
I changed it at the last minute to them losing to Gonzaga rather than going to the elite 8 and considered having them losing to Kansas State. Thank god I at least took them outa the elite 8.

Jacob1983
03-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Ole Miss is about to take a shit on a lot of brackets.

thunderup
03-22-2013, 01:37 PM
:lol terrible call. He threw himself onto the defender.

ace3g
03-22-2013, 01:38 PM
I forgot Ole Miss had Henderson, don't really follow college sports so I knew about him from some of the showboating they showed on ESPN, etc, and gifs but didn't know what team he was on.

I had Wisconsin winning but not adv past 2nd around

thunderup
:lol Wisconsin

Mal
that sums up the game. Ole Miss didnt do shit. Wisonscin shot themselves right into feet

thunderup
03-22-2013, 01:39 PM
There's Henderson

Mal
03-22-2013, 01:39 PM
And those rims with sound on clunks :lmao

ace3g
03-22-2013, 01:52 PM
so far for all my wrong picks, I didn't have them going past the 2nd round; 13/18 right now

Clipper Nation
03-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Did anybody have Wisconsin going down today?
I had them in the Sweet Sixteen! I hope Ole Piss goes far though, that Henderson guy is a beast....

thunderup
03-22-2013, 02:35 PM
La Salle taking a shit on K-state.

tlongII
03-22-2013, 03:07 PM
I haven't lost yet today. However, I took Kansas State over LaSalle. That ain't gonna happen.

leemajors
03-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Cincy with the Zubaz :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-22-2013, 04:22 PM
:lol Kansas St.
:lol that dumb be@ner on their team
:lol coming back from 18 down only for that dumb be@ner to lose the game

tlongII
03-22-2013, 04:52 PM
K-State really teased me. Fuckers!

Clipper Nation
03-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Colorado/Illinois is an ugly display of basketball, right now... since tuning in, I've seen several passes to the other team, a blown layup, and a horrendous Kirby-esque airball :lol

symple19
03-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Ill/Colo tilt has been fun to watch

Looking good with my Old Piss pick... No reason they can't beat Lasalle and Gonzaga (Edit: assuming they don't get shit on by Wichita St.)

:lol Wisconsin

Pac-12 and the A-10 are bringing it

symple19
03-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Ups to Dirk4 on a nice sports season for them oxford boys

Clipper Nation
03-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Good lord.... Miami is gonna take a wet shit on either of these teams...

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Colorado/Illinois is an ugly display of basketball, right now... since tuning in, I've seen several passes to the other team, a blown layup, and a horrendous Kirby-esque airball :lol
The Colorado-Illinois epitomizes why no one gives a shit about college basketball outside of March madness season when they can use it as a reason to dick off at work, it's extremely low quality basketball :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-22-2013, 06:16 PM
DD was onto something with FGC vs. Georgetown. Georgetown is winning but it's due to FGC missing a bunch of high percentage shots and they're keeping it close. Either way Georgetown looks like a weak ass 2 seed.

symple19
03-22-2013, 06:20 PM
DD was onto something with FGC vs. Georgetown. Georgetown is winning but it's due to FGC missing a bunch of high percentage shots and they're keeping it close. Either way Georgetown looks like a weak ass 2 seed.

Completely agree. FGC really passes the ball well and should stay in this game, imo. G-town needs to slow it down and utilize their height advantage by pounding it inside

DeadlyDynasty
03-22-2013, 06:45 PM
I put a Ben on FGCU moneyline...payoff is $900. Come on baby!

symple19
03-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Wow

FGC coming out guns blazing

symple19
03-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Fuck it, I'm a FGC fan

love their game

symple19
03-22-2013, 07:19 PM
hahahahaha, I love it

thunderup
03-22-2013, 07:21 PM
FGCU going HAM. G-Town was overrated but damn they look terrible.

DeadlyDynasty
03-22-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm trying not to masturbate right now

DJ Mbenga
03-22-2013, 07:41 PM
I need to trust my gut more. Thought mizzou gonzaga and gworgetown were frauds. Yet i picked georgetown for elitw 8.

blkroadrunners
03-22-2013, 07:42 PM
G-town with the usual NCAA tournament choke job sponsored by JT jr. Nothing to see here.

Clipper Nation
03-22-2013, 07:48 PM
FGCU choking, getting screwed by the refs, and STILL up double digits :lol

Clipper Nation
03-22-2013, 07:49 PM
UNC choking on dick :lol

symple19
03-22-2013, 07:49 PM
wtf are these officials calling all of a sudden?

symple19
03-22-2013, 07:50 PM
and come on Nova!

SanDiegoSpursFan
03-22-2013, 07:56 PM
FGCU really didn't look or play like the underdog. They're nearly as athletic as Georgetown and they were the aggressors all game.

Clipper Nation
03-22-2013, 07:56 PM
FGCU melting down....

Clipper Nation
03-22-2013, 08:00 PM
LOB CITY!!!!

SanDiegoSpursFan
holy shit

symple19
Dunk of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

symple19
:wow

kamikazi_player
03-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Nice dunk...Even if SDSU beats OK tonight, they will have their hands full with this team. No easy road either way.

DeadlyDynasty
03-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Robin Lopez, etc

JMarkJohns
03-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Love that Wisconsin is out.

Beat Harvard, then grind. Never know...

DeadlyDynasty
03-22-2013, 08:05 PM
D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera...another classic name

kamikazi_player
03-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Fuck i hope its not davidson-marquette all over again

Clipper Nation
03-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Clippers need to get this Markell Starks guy just to drain clutch threes all day, tbh....

DeadlyDynasty
03-22-2013, 08:12 PM
These niggas can hit some FT's

symple19
03-22-2013, 08:13 PM
:lmao Georgetown

DeadlyDynasty
03-22-2013, 08:13 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1i9ehir721qaw14to1_400.gif

Clipper Nation
03-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Welp, between this and Villanova rolling over for UNC, my bracket's just about dead, tbh....

symple19
03-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Too much red on my bracket :lol

thunderup
03-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Yeah my bracket is period red now yall. The pride of Oklahoma about to tip off baby!

symple19
03-22-2013, 08:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKjWbf3Nq5k

Clipper Nation
03-22-2013, 08:21 PM
The pride of Oklahoma about to tip off baby!

:lol "Oklahoma" and "pride" in the same sentence

symple19
03-22-2013, 08:41 PM
No perfect brackets left on Yahoo :lol

Guy with the best one had FGC and Harvard winning but Ole Miss losing to Wisconsin

Jacob1983
03-22-2013, 08:58 PM
Georgetown choked big time. Wisconsin too. Fuckin' sad and pathetic.

DeadlyDynasty
03-22-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm gonna survive the first round with 14 of my Sweet 16 still playing (KSU and Pitt the exception). I have 7/8 E8 teams and all 4 F4 though so I'm still happy.

Clipper Nation
03-22-2013, 09:32 PM
16-seed WKU hanging with Kansas so far :lmao

symple19
03-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Kansas losing would destroy my bracket even further, but I'm all about WKU doing the unthinkable

symple19
03-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Got Iowa St going through.

ND unis are abominable. They deserve to lose for those alone

thunderup
03-22-2013, 10:00 PM
:lmao Western Kentucky with a one point lead over Kansas going into the half

Clipper Nation
03-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Man oh man, if Kansas blows this game..... :lol

AND the fact they also lost to TCU this year would make it even better :lol

thunderup
03-22-2013, 10:07 PM
:lol Minny taking it to UCLA

JMarkJohns
03-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Adams has been the unsung hero of UCLA all season. Not a surprise.

baseline bum
03-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Also, i see UCLA getting their ass bear by Minnesota, Shabazz Muhammad will tank to start prepping for the draft.

God damn, Dat Nigga Bazz 0-7 right now. John Wooden's rolling in his grave. :cry

SanDiegoSpursFan
03-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Rahon has been declining. He was such a monster in high school too.

symple19
03-22-2013, 10:39 PM
ND following the football teams postseason blueprint :lmao

thunderup
03-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Our season is over but I'm proud of my team. They did well with little.

Clipper Nation
03-22-2013, 10:59 PM
:lol Thunderfaggot
:lol State of Methlahoma: 0-2 in the tourney

thunderup
03-22-2013, 11:03 PM
:lol Thunderfaggot
:lol State of Methlahoma: 0-2 in the tourney

:lol Boise State
:lol knocked out before the real thing began

Jacob1983
03-23-2013, 12:15 AM
So who is going to the Sweet Sixteen? CBS Sports lets you pick the winners round by round so you can pick the winners for Saturday and Sunday games before the first game on Saturday.

symple19
03-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Love watching VCU play. Hopefully they can make it through

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Michigan is one of the best teams in the country at limiting turnovers....one of the worst possible matchups for VCU tbh, but Michigan's mediocre defense is keeping VCU in the game.

symple19
03-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Michigan settin dem screens

VCU taking terrible shots and rushing the clock... Look completely out of sorts. Credit to the Wolverines, they're dominating

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-23-2013, 12:07 PM
It sounds ridiculous but Michigan only being up by 15 should be embarrassing for them. They've fucked up 3-4 fast breaks where they had a 3 on 1 advantage and have missed several wide open 3s. This game should more or less be over.

symple19
03-23-2013, 12:26 PM
I think VCU has a big run left in them, although if Michigan continues to handle the pressure its certainly over for the Rams

Both teams are icy from the field. Can somebody start making some shots?

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Mitch McGary is taking a steamy shit on VCU :lol

symple19
03-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Mcgary with the easiest job in CBB right now. Hang out on the block, rebound against guys who won't block out, and finish easy looks after the VCU pressure breaks down.

Michigan guards are executing beautifully