PDA

View Full Version : Forbes: San Antonio Spurs are North America's Best Run Professional Sports Franchise"

BatManu20
03-18-2013, 12:36 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2013/03/16/san-antonio-spurs-north-americas-best-run-professional-sports-franchise/

Great read. :flag:

bklynspursfan
03-18-2013, 08:33 AM
:tu

sahoopster
03-18-2013, 08:50 AM
An amazing read -- and for all the talk we've heard of Coach Pop retiring two seconds after TD does I would love to see him stick around and coach up a bunch of young guys into winners...

Spur|n|Austin
03-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Awesome article by Forbes!

boutons_deux
03-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Is Holt the owner or just managing/public face of an ownership group?

who are the other members of the ownership group? what %ages do they hold?

Brazil
03-18-2013, 09:50 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2013/03/16/san-antonio-spurs-north-americas-best-run-professional-sports-franchise/

Great read. :flag:

spurs are classy :cry

Southwest Texas Fan
03-18-2013, 10:16 AM
An amazing read -- and for all the talk we've heard of Coach Pop retiring two seconds after TD does I would love to see him stick around and coach up a bunch of young guys into winners...

When Pop decides to hang it up Coach Bud is taking the reins.

KaiRMD1
03-18-2013, 10:52 AM
There's a reason why when you have "San Antonio Spurs" on your resume, you're more than likely to get a job in the NBA

MSPaint
03-18-2013, 07:15 PM
Uh Duh...

-21-
03-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Like we didn't already know. Anyway, great read!:flag:

lurker23
03-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Is Holt the owner or just managing/public face of an ownership group?

who are the other members of the ownership group? what %ages do they hold?

This is the best I could find for you, from the 2010-11 media guide (there's a chance there's an updated version on the web somewhere):

http://www.nba.com/spurs/media/frontoffice_1011.pdf

OWNERSHIP GROUP
On March 26, 1993, a group of 22 investors purchased the San Antonio Spurs. The group currently
numbers 20 investors who are members of a limited liability company known as San Antonio
Spurs, L.L.C. The ownership group has a seven-person governing and decision-making body and
Peter M. Holt serves as the Chairman of the group. Listed below are the current members of
San Antonio Spurs, L.L.C.:
ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group, Raymond Joseph Barshick, Cassandra Carr,
Clear Channel Communications Inc., George C. Hixon, H.H. Sports, Ltd., IBC Capital
Corporation, Sylvan Stephen Lang, James R. Leininger, R&B Partnership (Russell and Bruce Hill),
David M. Robinson, AT&T Media Holdings, Inc., Sierra Sports & Entertainment Family Limited
Partnership, SWBC, STW Interests, Sunrise Sports & Entertainment, Valero Energy Corporation,
Zachry Hospitality Corporation.

Peter Holt is the chairman and CEO of this ownership group, and presumably the largest stakeholder.

Fireball
03-19-2013, 05:48 AM
Peter Holt is the chairman and CEO of this ownership group, and presumably the largest stakeholder.

you mean shareholder ...

will_spurs
03-19-2013, 07:06 AM
Listed below are the current members of
San Antonio Spurs, L.L.C.:
ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group, Raymond Joseph Barshick, Cassandra Carr,
Clear Channel Communications Inc., George C. Hixon, H.H. Sports, Ltd., IBC Capital
Corporation, Sylvan Stephen Lang, James R. Leininger, R&B Partnership (Russell and Bruce Hill),
David M. Robinson, AT&T Media Holdings, Inc., Sierra Sports & Entertainment Family Limited
Partnership, SWBC, STW Interests, Sunrise Sports & Entertainment, Valero Energy Corporation,
Zachry Hospitality Corporation.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was joined by Parker or even Duncan when their careers are over.

Cane
03-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Spurs are North America's Best Professional Sports Franchise

TheGoldStandard
03-19-2013, 09:11 AM
The spurs have had the very fortune success they've had because of the business model, because of the atmosphere and because of the people running the show. We've been able to get very talented players, we don't max contract players but we've kept them and they typically stick around till the end of there career or want to come here at the end of there career. Everything starts from the top and trickles down so we've been lucky to have people willing to open there pockets occassionally and of course selling everyone on the team first mentality and the we'll compete for a title year and year out motto.

I'm sure we'll see Tim, Manu and Tony in some kind of front office role when they are done playing.

Budkin
03-19-2013, 10:08 AM
I've seen several articles like this in the past several years. We are truly blessed to be fans of this team. It really makes me think that going forward, even after TD and Manu, and even Parker are gone, we'll still be able to find the pieces to compete.

lurker23
03-19-2013, 01:18 PM
you mean shareholder ...

Probably. Forgive my lack of business savvy, lol.

Fireball
03-20-2013, 04:34 AM
Probably. Forgive my lack of business savvy, lol.

as Spurs fans we are all stakeholders :flag:

rascal
03-20-2013, 04:41 AM
Forbes is a conservative magazine.

ambchang
03-20-2013, 10:08 AM
They are not the best in the world? Fire pop!