PDA

View Full Version : TV/Music/Books

Avante
03-18-2013, 03:45 AM
Other than Burn Notice there is no TV show I make a point to see. Over 300 stations and 80% of the time it's..."nothing is on". Most the great movies I've seen, the reality shows totally suck. So for me it's sports the once in awhile movie and Burn Notice.

Music is just like oxygen it's always there, unless I am watching TV, sleeping or reading. My music library would rival anyones. It's all there.

Read a book a week and have been since I was around 15. Love to read, yep, the night stand with the cool antique lamp type of reading. Usually 30-50 pages a night depending on the size of the book. Right now...Underworld...Don DeLillo.

If not for football/track I could make it without TV, without music and books no way. Music or reading.....that's tough but I do doubt I'll be reading anything better than I already have, while there is still so much great music out there I've never heard....yet.

Friend turned me on this just yesterday.

erukHUyLQcA

Now that...High Lonesome...term is used to talk about all those old hillbillies from the Appalachians, which is a musical world all their own. Roscoe Holcomb considered the best example. Can't ignore Hazel Dickins either.

lakerhaterade
03-18-2013, 03:53 AM
:lol Burn Notice

Avante
03-18-2013, 04:11 AM
:lol Burn Notice

You've never seen the show have you?

JudynTX
03-22-2013, 09:45 AM
You should watch The Following.

redzero
03-22-2013, 10:04 AM
:lol You're smug about tv shows, but you watch Burn Notice? Not Breaking Bad? Not Mad Men? Not House of Cards, Game of Thrones, etc? But Burn Notice?

Avante
03-26-2013, 12:41 PM
:lol You're smug about tv shows, but you watch Burn Notice? Not Breaking Bad? Not Mad Men? Not House of Cards, Game of Thrones, etc? But Burn Notice?

Not a TV watcher to begin with as far as just laying around watching TV. I will check out what movies are on. Burn Notice pretty much has it all as far as I'm concerned which is really all that matters. More into music, reading actually.

Would rather check out his CD's than watch TV. Other than football a great movie.

J0ZHvh518YI

Thread
03-26-2013, 05:13 PM
With the exception of "The Walking Dead" I can't do current TV shows. I like the old stuff. I've really gotten into "Hogan's Heroes" "Mr. Ed" & "Green Acres." The care & love put into these shows is astounding. I see it all now so clearly and can finally truly appreciate the work of all concerned.

AussieFanKurt
03-26-2013, 05:22 PM
:lmao burn notice..... righto son.. wtf

and yes I have seen it

Reck
03-26-2013, 05:39 PM

and yes I have seen it

Burn Notice is not a bad show at first but after the first season it just the same run around bullshit. It becomes tedius as fuck.

I've not finish this show yet and not planning on it either.

Avante
03-27-2013, 11:17 AM
With the exception of "The Walking Dead" I can't do current TV shows. I like the old stuff. I've really gotten into "Hogan's Heroes" "Mr. Ed" & "Green Acres." The care & love put into these shows is astounding. I see it all now so clearly and can finally truly appreciate the work of all concerned.

I grew up watching all those great westerns like Have Gun Will Travel, Wanted Dead or Alive, Bonanza, Cheyenne etc etc, they were far better than this shit we get today. While I like Burn Notice it doesn't compare to Rawhide.

I can see you get it.

Avante
03-27-2013, 11:18 AM

and yes I have seen it

Might wanna check those ratings.