PDA

View Full Version : Who Is The Best Novelist? (March Madness Style)

MarHill
03-18-2013, 05:24 AM
http://kammbia1.wordpress.com/2013/03/16/wisdom-of-kammbia-3-19-who-is-the-best-novelist-march-madness-style/

Here are the rules for the Novelist March Madness Tournament:

–I have chosen 64 novelists and divided into 2 brackets. 32 Novelists for the Pop/commercial Fiction Bracket and 32 Novelists for the Literary Fiction Bracket.

For this week’s post, I’m releasing the Stephen King Bracket and that covers genre fiction (science-fiction, mystery/thriller, horror, romance, and Christian Fiction) and mainstream pop fiction.

For next week’s post, I will release the Cormac McCarthy Bracket and that covers Literary Fiction.

The authors in each bracket are seeded one to thirty-two. And the match-ups like the NCAA Tournament are created to get one winner from each bracket. Then the winner from the Stephen King Bracket will meet against the winner of the Cormac McCarthy Bracket to determine who is the best novelist and winner of the tournament.

Here are the match-ups:

1 seed Stephen King vs 32 seed Terry Brooks

2 seed John Grisham vs 31 seed Lillian Jackson Braun

3 seed Dean Koontz vs 30 seed John Saul

4 seed Mary Higgins Clark vs 29 seed Tony Hillerman

5 seed Ray Bradbury vs 28 seed William Gibson

6 seed Tom Clancy vs 27 seed Terry McMillian

7 seed Anne Rice vs 26 seed Francine Rivers

8 seed Nora Roberts vs 25 seed Frank Peretti

9 seed Nicholas Sparks vs 24 seed Sidney Sheldon

10 seed Sue Grafton vs 23 seed Elmore Leonard

11 seed Robert Heinlein vs 22 seed Ursula Le Guin

12 seed James Patterson vs 21 seed Anne McCaffrey

13 seed Robert Jordan vs 20 seed Michael Connelly

14 seed Danielle Steel vs 19 seed Richard Paul Evans

15 seed Jan Karon vs 18 seed Karen Kingsbury

16 seed Gillian Flynn vs 18 seed Dennis Lehane

Place your votes here in this forum and vote often. Also, you can click on the above link to follow the tournament until a winner is selected.
:toast

Avante
03-18-2013, 05:38 AM
Too many great authors. With the great western writers/sci fi/fantasy guys getting little respect. What dio we do with guys like H.P.Lovecraft and Robert E. Howard? Louis L'Amour can write with anyone.