PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: CUBAN DELIVERS FINAL SHOT AT FISHER AKA Meth City

BobaFett1
03-18-2013, 05:57 AM
DALLAS – The Derek Fisher-Dallas Mavericks saga had one last loud go-round Sunday, as the point guard who played nine games for Dallas between Thanksgiving and Christmas was lustily booed when he checked in late in the first quarter.
Mavs owner Mark Cuban led the chorus.
“I’ll just boo him like hopefully everybody else,” Cuban said prior to the Mavs taking on Fisher’s new team, the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Fisher signed with the Thunder in late February, about two months after asking the Mavs to release him from his contract. Fisher said in a statement at the time that he wanted to return to his family in Los Angeles. Fisher, 38, immediately took over as the starting point guard for Darren Collison and averaged 8.4 ppg and 3.4 apg. The Mavs, who have had trouble finishing games all season, were 5-4 with Fisher.
After the 17-year veteran signed with title-contending Thunder, the team he joined late last season, as well, Cuban reacted with sarcasm. He said that Fisher’s kids had time to grow up during the eight weeks between leaving the Mavs and joining the Thunder, and Cuban joked that it’s easier to fly in and out of Oklahoma City than Dallas.
On Sunday, Cuban said that Fisher repeatedly made pitches to him and asked for advice before signing with the Mavs. Cuban said he “took the bait.”
“With his history, I shouldn’t have been surprised with what happened,” Cuban said. “I tried to offer him some help. I thought I offered him some positive encouragement and advice, and then we signed him. I expected a different turnout than what happened.”
After the 2007 playoffs with the Utah Jazz, Fisher asked out of his contract to better deal with his infant daughter’s battle with eye cancer. He later signed a three-year contract to return to the Los Angeles Lakers. Last season, after being dealt from the Lakers to the Houston Rockets, he had his contract bought out and joined the Thunder, who lost to the Miami Heat in the NBA Finals.
After Sunday’s shootaround, Fisher said he holds no hard feelings toward Cuban. He hopes Cuban will eventually feel the same.
“I love Mark and I have a tremendous amount of respect for what he’s done and does in terms of this team,” Fisher told The Dallas Morning News. “There’s no question about how passionate he is for his team. If it was my team and I wanted to win, I would want as many players that I felt like could help me.
“I take [Cuban's criticism] more as a positive thing than a negative. He saw some value I provided and would like to still have me here. But as far as long-term for me, I don’t have any issues with Mark, and hopefully one day, we’ll be able to get past this and have much more things to enjoy and laugh about than the short few weeks here.”
Fisher might be waiting a while.
“It’s not so much what he did,” Cuban said. “It’s how he did it.”

AussieFanKurt
03-18-2013, 06:00 AM
I'm with cuban

DMC
03-18-2013, 06:15 AM
It's all business. Mark sold the Mavs fans a bill of goods by ringing then not trying to repeat, by allowing TC to walk, by blowing up the championship team and just getting season ticket money from die hards who thought Mark had their best interest at heart, thought he was here to win rings. He made a few excuses about price and then basically didn't compete the following year at all. Not everyone is as loyal as Dirk, and Dallas has a stench that most cannot tolerate when it comes to quality basketball.

Mark has no room. Had he showed he wanted to get back to the show, he could have kept Fisher. That said, Fisher is a faggot.

Thebesteva
03-18-2013, 06:20 AM
Wall of text

Sportcamper
03-18-2013, 06:46 AM
I have never been to Dallas so somebody give me the Cliff notes. Is it really a horrible place to live? Both Lamar & Fish willingly went there & absolutely hated it once they got there. T.C. could not wait to bolt even after winning a championship there. You can bag on Oklahoma all you want but NBA players like playing for the Thunder & absolutely hate playing for the Mavericks.

Cuban has not grown up much has he....:rolleyes

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2013, 07:08 AM
Cuban should get over it...tough titty...live by the sword die by the sword...

dunkman
03-18-2013, 07:13 AM
As a president of the players association, Fish should honor the contract he signs. He asked 3 teams to buy him out. He takes top dollar, then leaves with the $$ and signs for a contending team.

DMC
03-18-2013, 08:02 AM
Fish did honor it. Mark let him out of it.

The President of the USA hasn't honored the contract he signed. Let's get some precedence here.

Thread
03-18-2013, 08:04 AM
Now, now over 30 years into this shit "they" want the players to do right.

Please.

You grew it|you chew it.

monosylab1k
03-18-2013, 08:32 AM
I have never been to Dallas so somebody give me the Cliff notes. Is it really a horrible place to live? Both Lamar & Fish willingly went there & absolutely hated it once they got there. T.C. could not wait to bolt even after winning a championship there. You can bag on Oklahoma all you want but NBA players like playing for the Thunder & absolutely hate playing for the Mavericks.

That 2011 curbstomping still has your ass all sore I see.

DMC
03-18-2013, 08:47 AM
I like Dallas. It's a great city tbh. I don't think the NBA version of it is too cool. Until they get monkeyball, most young players aren't going to be interested, and people like Fish are only interested in post season teams.

Sportcamper
03-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Curb Stomp? One NBA title & you are talking smack? :lol

So can anyone tell me why NBA players hate playing in Dallas so much?

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2013, 09:05 AM

It's the city of tards...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Misc/ept_sports_rumors-827498361-1178211977.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Misc/cubansec.jpg

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2013, 09:12 AM
tard City

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Misc/markcubandancing.jpg

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Congrats to Fish for bouncing on Cubes ass...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Misc/DerekFishergetsbeerdousedonhiminthelockerroom.jpg

Thread
03-18-2013, 09:14 AM
That 2011 curbstomping still has your ass all sore I see.

Then you walked away from it. Didn't even defend it. If there was statute in TX. it woulda been a criminal act.

monosylab1k
03-18-2013, 09:18 AM
Then you walked away from it. Didn't even defend it. If there was statute in TX. it woulda been a criminal act.

It's true. There's no excusing what Cuban did.

However, that said, the 2011 pasting of the mighty Lakers, sending Phil into retirement in the most disgraceful way possible, was glorious. Tee, hee

monosylab1k
03-18-2013, 09:19 AM

Lol Two years later & that red ass is still burning hot!

Fabbs
03-18-2013, 09:24 AM
LakerFags defending Swisher. :lol

zero integrity.

resistanze
03-18-2013, 09:25 AM
It's all business. Mark sold the Mavs fans a bill of goods by ringing then not trying to repeat, by allowing TC to walk, by blowing up the championship team and just getting season ticket money from die hards who thought Mark had their best interest at heart, thought he was here to win rings. He made a few excuses about price and then basically didn't compete the following year at all. Not everyone is as loyal as Dirk, and Dallas has a stench that most cannot tolerate when it comes to quality basketball.

Mark has no room. Had he showed he wanted to get back to the show, he could have kept Fisher. That said, Fisher is a faggot.
This is all that needs to be said.

Thread
03-18-2013, 09:25 AM
LakerFags defending Swisher. :lol

zero integrity.

You've nary room, Fabbs:::your Jackson & Diaw quit on their teams so they could come play with you. Same fuckin' thing.

Thread
03-18-2013, 09:26 AM
It's true. There's no excusing what Cuban did.

Your capitulation is duly noted. Put your clothes back on and stand next to DUNCAN.

Sportcamper
03-18-2013, 09:28 AM
:lol monosylab1k
:lol Internet Tough Guy
:lol Redneck Stoner
:lol One NBA Title
:lmao

Thread
03-18-2013, 09:34 AM

LMAO!

Thread
03-18-2013, 09:35 AM
This is all that needs to be said.

D M C

monosylab1k
03-18-2013, 09:37 AM
:lol Internet Tough Guy
:lol Redneck Stoner
:lol One NBA Title
:lmao still asshurt about the 2011 curbstomping heard round the world

jag
03-18-2013, 09:43 AM
tard City

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Misc/markcubandancing.jpg

Is this post in support of Mark? With the exception of the face he's making (and the shirt he's wearing), I approve of everything going on in this picture.

Sportcamper
03-18-2013, 09:49 AM
:lol Curb Stomp
:lol Spelling Bee Champion
:lol Rasho Fan
:lol Cuban Fan
:lol Miserable Redneck
:lol Favorite TV Show Lamar & Khloe
:lol Internet Tough Guy Posting from Mothers Garage

Juggity
03-18-2013, 09:59 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Misc/DerekFishergetsbeerdousedonhiminthelockerroom.jpg

"Teammates voluptuously pour a small can of cream soda on the bill of Derek Fisher's cap while Fisher breaks into a wide smile, knowing it won't be the only frothy liquid pouring down the bill of his cap before this night is done."

whitemamba
03-18-2013, 10:32 AM
get over it u whiny bitch

Clipper Nation
03-18-2013, 10:34 AM
Fisher is a massive faggot and scumbag, so it's not a surprise that Lakerfan is defending him so much, tbh....

whitemamba
03-18-2013, 10:35 AM
"Teammates voluptuously pour a small can of cream soda on the bill of Derek Fisher's cap while Fisher breaks into a wide smile, knowing it won't be the only frothy liquid pouring down the bill of his cap before this night is done."

u mad?

whitemamba
03-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Fisher is a massive faggot and scumbag, so it's not a surprise that Lakerfan is defending him so much, tbh....

its a business remember.... not a buddy buddy thing, loyalty is a big deal but its mark cuban for fucks sake.

Thread
03-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Chickens have come home to roost in Dallas. The eradication of the reserve clause in the late '60's was a death knell. It has touched us all.

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2013, 10:41 AM

You should find this to be an excellent read:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/ball/2009_0924_derek_fisher_400x600.jpg

Juggity
03-18-2013, 10:43 AM
u mad?

Nah, Derek Fisher can do what he wants. He's a scumbag and an opportunist at heart, and history will remember him as the guy who once used his "sick" daughter as an excuse to get out playing in a small market team that didn't have a shot to win a title, and later using "family issues" to pull the same shit and go to a contender.

Like Kobe, Fish was carried to rings and expects to be carried for the remainder of his career.

Clipper Nation
03-18-2013, 10:43 AM
its a business remember.... not a buddy buddy thing, loyalty is a big deal but its mark cuban for fucks sake.
True, but using teams in order to keep your cushy union job and then using your daughter to weasel out of contracts and ring-chase every year is pretty low, tbh.....

CavsSuperFan
03-18-2013, 10:47 AM
:lol Clipper Fan Posting From San Antonio

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Nah, Derek Fisher can do what he wants. He's a scumbag and an opportunist at heart, and history will remember him as the guy who once used his "sick" daughter as an excuse to get out playing in a small market team that didn't have a shot to win a title, and later using "family issues" to pull the same shit and go to a contender.

Like Kobe, Fish was carried to rings and expects to be carried for the remainder of his career.

o yea , o yea....Bring yo ass to me..come here boy....take that take that take that...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/ball/asshit.jpg

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2013, 10:50 AM
True, but using teams in order to keep your cushy union job and then using your daughter to weasel out of contracts and ring-chase every year is pretty low, tbh.....

Can you draw up something similar representing the Clippers success?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/ball/lakerstrophycase.jpg

KaiRMD1
03-18-2013, 10:51 AM
While I'm not a fan of Cuban, I'm loathe guys who use their daughter's sickness as way to get out of a contract. There's a special place in hell for Derek Fisher

whitemamba
03-18-2013, 10:52 AM

now i know u mad.:lol

hes probably like fuck it.. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m30nd7SIk41r34vqgo1_500.gif

whitemamba
03-18-2013, 10:52 AM

:lol

Thread
03-18-2013, 10:55 AM
While I'm not a fan of Cuban, I'm loathe guys who use their daughter's sickness as way to get out of a contract. There's a special place in hell for Derek Fisher

Miller coulda said "no."

CavsSuperFan
03-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Not nice Koolaid...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/attachments/off-topic/47644233d1256425532-nfl-atlanta-dallas-momma-dont-let-your-trophycase.jpg

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2013, 11:09 AM
Kobe and Fish through the years....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlW_0mxRym8

monosylab1k
:lmao i smell skunk

monosylab1k
:lmao i smell skunk

Clipper Nation
03-18-2013, 11:11 AM

We won 13 rangs in our Boston days, son :downspin:

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2013, 11:34 AM
ahhh look at that cute lil face..she's such a sweetie....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/ball/fish_kid_zps028f66a5.jpg

Findog
03-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Both Lamar & Fish willingly went there & absolutely hated it once they got there.

One's a mentally weak pussy that couldn't bear to be away from his Gorilla wife and reality tv show cameras, the other's a frontrunner that thinks he's too good to play for a sub .500 team.

Nobody wanted to play in Oklahoma City when the Thunder were 2-29 their first year there.

hater
03-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Cuban a great and shrewd businessman cries about the business side of NBA

dirk4mvp
03-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Fish is a punk ass chump!

BUMP
03-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Fisher is obviously a douche, but it's hard to feel bad for Cuban because

1) Fisher has obviously been known to screw over shitty teams for greener pastures

2) The team is complete shit anyway, so who really cares? It's not like he was gonna be a difference maker

It's like some crater face nerd in HS, dating a girl that has a schoolwide reputation for cheating on ugly guys. So of course she cheats on him next. Who's the real idiot there?

rjv
03-18-2013, 02:09 PM
cuban is quickly earning a rep as the owner who calls out players publicly. this strategy may come back to bite him in the ass down the road (although money still talks)

BUMP
03-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Fisher is obviously a douche, but it's hard to feel bad for Cuban because

1) Fisher has obviously been known to screw over shitty teams for greener pastures

2) The team is complete shit anyway, so who really cares? It's not like he was gonna be a difference maker

It's like some crater face nerd in HS, dating a girl that has a schoolwide reputation for cheating on ugly guys. So of course she cheats on him next. Who's the real idiot there?

Or it's like the school who hired the former Baylor basketball coach who cheated and covered up a player's death only for....well....him to commit violations at their school also

BUMP
03-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Or it's like the school who hired the former Baylor basketball coach who cheated and covered up a player's death only for....well....him to commit violations at their school also

Or it's like the Cowboys signing TO after throwing former teammates under the bus only for him to throw more teammates under the bus

BUMP
03-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Wow there's a lot more analogies than I initially thought

DMC
03-18-2013, 03:19 PM
You've nary room, Fabbs:::your Jackson & Diaw quit on their teams so they could come play with you. Same fuckin' thing.

So they could come quit on us as well.

DMC
03-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Wow there's a lot more analogies than I initially thought

It's almost like that one time... nah

JamStone
03-18-2013, 05:43 PM
Quite frankly, Cuban should stop signing ex Laker scrubs.

Call it the curse of Devean George. The one ex Laker scrub Cuban tried to get rid of but wanted to stay.

mindcrime
03-18-2013, 07:16 PM

Been there on a trip. Had a great time. There is really something to be said about southern hospitality. People were more pleasant than what I'm used to here in LA. My only regret was not having enough time to visit San Antonio and Austin as well.

Latarian Milton
03-18-2013, 07:55 PM
dallas doesn't have enough medical resources to cure his daughter's disease that was the reason he left for oklahoma imho.

HI-FI
03-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Been there on a trip. Had a great time. There is really something to be said about southern hospitality. People were more pleasant than what I'm used to here in LA. My only regret was not having enough time to visit San Antonio and Austin as well.
I prefer Austin the most out of the 3. southern hospitality is underrated. Dallas is more of your typical concrete jungle than Austin or San Antonio. It's a good place to live but has more of a corporate, consumerism feel than Austin or SA.

probably my biggest beef with Texas is the humidity adn heat that gets bad every summer. That's a part of the Southern experience I don't like. I imagine the humidity is worse in Florida, Lousiana though

co-signed. Kobe is at least somewhat honest about being a sociopath, Fisher is the phoniest bitch.

scanry
03-18-2013, 08:28 PM

I remember the Lakers only wining 16 overall and 11 in LA.

BobaFett1
03-18-2013, 09:40 PM
La sucks. Fake ass people. Mexicannots aRE EVEN FRAUDS.

BobaFett1
03-18-2013, 09:46 PM
I prefer Austin the most out of the 3. southern hospitality is underrated. Dallas is more of your typical concrete jungle than Austin or San Antonio. It's a good place to live but has more of a corporate, consumerism feel than Austin or SA.

probably my biggest beef with Texas is the humidity adn heat that gets bad every summer. That's a part of the Southern experience I don't like. I imagine the humidity is worse in Florida, Lousiana though

co-signed. Kobe is at least somewhat honest about being a sociopath, Fisher is the phoniest bitch.

Austin>California

Thread
03-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Quite frankly, Cuban should stop signing ex Laker scrubs.

Odom was no scrub. I'd give both my right & my left nut for his numbers in the season prior to trade to Dallas. Arguably Kupchak's largest & most inexplicit failure. A childish, reckless act we've yet to recover from.

mindcrime
03-19-2013, 01:19 PM

Agreed, Louisiana is pretty damn humid.

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Dirk sending Zen Master into retirement and permanently shutting Kobe's championship window has Laker fans ass hurting.
No surprise really........ the pain will never go away niggas.

Sincerely, Mavs Nation :toast

Thread
03-19-2013, 05:59 PM
^...true. The wound & pain of the losses fade, but, never heal. '84 is as real & sharp today as if it were yesterday. It was so agonizing watching Jabbar and Magic suffer thru that. But, especially Worthy. They'd already "destroyed" Jabbar, but, they went after Magic & Worthy in the aftermath. Trying mightily to end them, to seal the road to redemption. & each found that redemption, Magic a year later, Worthy in '87. And there is solace in that redemption, a deliverance, but, the humiliation and utter deprivation of '84 shadows it, a bitter reminder of what was.

'08 has a tinge of that. I rewind it. It's Kobe's most virilent real-time NBA failure. He had to stop the bleeding after +23. I'm sure he thought it would stop on it's own, and "let it go" until he could feel good again IN HIS ELEMENT.