PDA

View Full Version : OMG just threw together the ultimate redneck salad...

CosmicCowboy
03-18-2013, 08:46 PM
Had a bunch of salad/veggies/stuff on the edge of going bad and decided to do a redneck wilted salad. Diced 4 slices of peppered bacon. Got that on @ medium high heat. When it was about 2/3 done crunched up about 2 double handfuls of tostada chips that were going stale and threw them in. Cooked till all were crisp. threw in a tomato going soft lightly chopped. Cooked another minute or two. The chips soaked up all the liquid goodness. Turned the heat down to low and dumped in a gallon or so of spring salad that was starting to wilt. Seasoned to taste as I tossed it till wilted. OMFG that was a home run. Was freaking amazing. I am so going to do that again as a bed for sliced smoked tenderloin.

FatBeaner
03-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Redneck salad is tatersalad!

CosmicCowboy
03-18-2013, 09:33 PM
not necessarily.

Spur|n|Austin
03-18-2013, 10:37 PM
Sounds good, but I don't feel like, "OMG" and redneck go together.

CosmicCowboy
03-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Sounds good, but I don't feel like, "OMG" and redneck go together.

If you are a cosmic cowboy you can make it work.

Sportcamper
03-19-2013, 06:25 AM
I have gotten so lazy in the kitchen that I only buy pre made salads & fruit bowls…

Summers
03-19-2013, 09:47 AM
If you are a cosmic cowboy you can make it work.

You are a Renaissance man! :) Salad sounds tasty.

lebomb
03-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Did someone say Tossed Salad??? :p:

TeyshaBlue
03-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Had a bunch of salad/veggies/stuff on the edge of going bad and decided to do a redneck wilted salad. Diced 4 slices of peppered bacon. Got that on @ medium high heat. When it was about 2/3 done crunched up about 2 double handfuls of tostada chips that were going stale and threw them in. Cooked till all were crisp. threw in a tomato going soft lightly chopped. Cooked another minute or two. The chips soaked up all the liquid goodness. Turned the heat down to low and dumped in a gallon or so of spring salad that was starting to wilt. Seasoned to taste as I tossed it till wilted. OMFG that was a home run. Was freaking amazing. I am so going to do that again as a bed for sliced smoked tenderloin.

You're going to make a good wife for somebody.

silverblk mystix
03-19-2013, 10:59 AM

Sir, please turn in your man card and log off immediately. Your man card priveleges have been revoked.

clambake
03-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Sir, please turn in your man card and log off immediately. Your man card priveleges have been revoked.

he would be more than happy to turn in his man card to you.

try to show up this time.

DarrinS
03-19-2013, 11:04 AM
When in doubt, add bacon

I. Hustle
03-19-2013, 11:05 AM

Because he made a salad? Shit! I love salads. That one sounded pretty good.

CosmicCowboy
03-19-2013, 11:28 AM

:lmao

Men that can cook are even more manly than the pussies that have to depend on others to cook for them.

Trill Clinton
03-19-2013, 11:39 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196207&page=28&p=6404754#post6404754

silverblk mystix
03-19-2013, 11:44 AM

:lol

I usually send a flunkie to handle my light work. Thanks.

Salad Tosser
03-19-2013, 11:47 AM
CC tosses a mean salad.

silverblk mystix
03-19-2013, 11:48 AM

Aren't you the salad tosser?

You might have one of those man cards...but he was talking about a different type of salad...:lol

I. Hustle
03-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Aren't you the salad tosser?

You might have one of those man cards...but he was talking about a different type of salad...:lol

I must not have read into it as much as you did. I guess when you really want to find what your looking for then eventually you will.

TeyshaBlue
03-19-2013, 01:45 PM

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/teyshablue/tumblr_m2nk02fIvR1rqkpceo1_400_zps1776cf78.gif

FatBeaner
03-19-2013, 02:37 PM

stale chips and wilted salad belongs in the trash bro. but as said i guess bacon can save anything.

CosmicCowboy
03-19-2013, 03:38 PM
stale chips and wilted salad belongs in the trash bro. but as said i guess bacon can save anything.

Stale chips aren't stale after you fry them and wilted salad is great.

ALVAREZ6
03-19-2013, 06:22 PM

Men that can cook are even more manly than the pussies that have to depend on others to cook for them.

:tu

thispego
03-19-2013, 06:32 PM
My only issue with CC is he never posts pictures of his culinary creations, only lame detailed descriptions. That just doesn't cut it.

CosmicCowboy
03-19-2013, 06:51 PM
My only issue with CC is he never posts pictures of his culinary creations, only lame detailed descriptions. That just doesn't cut it.

Sorry. Most of us grew out of books with big letters and pictures on every page and learned how to express ourselves with verbal pictures. Plus taking a picture of a salad I made to post on the internet is approaching creepy social networking. I'll occasionally post BBQ pics (and then have ST trolls that have never boiled water claim they can tell it's dry from the picture) but seriously...taking a picture of a freaking salad?

JudynTX
03-20-2013, 08:52 AM
Pics or it didn't happen.

CosmicCowboy
03-20-2013, 09:00 AM
Pics or it didn't happen.

OK...a belated picture

http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/a-giant-turd.jpg

Drachen
03-20-2013, 09:20 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/teyshablue/tumblr_m2nk02fIvR1rqkpceo1_400_zps1776cf78.gif

I am guessing that a lot of people here are going to love google's new animated gif search filter.

JudynTX
03-20-2013, 09:37 AM
OK...a belated picture

http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/a-giant-turd.jpg

Red X :lol

mrsmaalox
03-20-2013, 09:43 AM
I don't like wilted stuff.

CavsSuperFan
03-20-2013, 09:46 AM
You learn to live with it...:depressed

TeyshaBlue
03-20-2013, 09:48 AM

You're very high maintenance.

mrsmaalox
03-20-2013, 09:53 AM
:lol

thispego
03-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Sorry. Most of us grew out of books with big letters and pictures on every page and learned how to express ourselves with verbal pictures. Plus taking a picture of a salad I made to post on the internet is approaching creepy social networking. I'll occasionally post BBQ pics (and then have ST trolls that have never boiled water claim they can tell it's dry from the picture) but seriously...taking a picture of a freaking salad?

If its thread-worthy its picture-worthy. Get it right next time, old man.

marini martini
03-20-2013, 06:53 PM
I personally don't want to see a picture of any wilted thing! :rolleyes

Relevancy
03-20-2013, 07:01 PM
You describe your creations very well Cosmic, it even awakens my appetite, I like reading about food, makes me a hungry animal.

nacho
05-09-2013, 04:09 PM
I been throwing in some arrugula for some heat recently and the old lady loves it.