PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Tommy Heinsohn proving that everyone other announcer is relatively impartial.

Cry Havoc
03-19-2013, 05:15 AM
0oTXBJ9kN7A&

How is this guy still getting paid? This is so beyond the point of calling an NBA game that he should be fired on the spot. Awful.

LkrFan
03-19-2013, 05:19 AM
:lol

Cry Havoc
03-19-2013, 05:21 AM
And for all his bitching, the C's missed NINE free throws and lost despite shooting 54% and 47% from the field and 3. :lmao Heinsohn.

Kulo
03-19-2013, 08:22 AM
Think you have it bad, try watching every home game.

dunkman
03-19-2013, 08:27 AM
That was funny, actually . . .

Thread
03-19-2013, 08:30 AM
Still & all I'll never forget him post game on June 9, 1985. He had to stand there in Boston Garden, next to Stockton and take it.

& he took it.

jeebus
03-19-2013, 09:07 AM
:lol that was pretty good. every time a foul is called on that double faggot, he looks like he's about to cry.

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2013, 11:42 AM
Heinsohn is the most entertaining announcer in NBA history, tbh..

I don't understand fans that want opposing announcers to be unbiased and bland..

There's nothing funnier in the NBA than watching Heinsohn complain about your team getting a call in their favor..it's better than watching unbiased announcers like the Magic or Lakers and others that are boring as fuck, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2013, 11:44 AM
:lmao I just watched the video, too funny..

Lebron is my favorite non-Spur in the NBA, yet I was still highly entertained by that clip..it enhances the rivalry, tbh..wish I could have seen Heinsohn's face after King's game winner..

monosylab1k
03-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Sean Luck The Fakers is right there with him tbh

Venti Quattro
03-19-2013, 12:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjU3nvru9wA

Clipper Nation
03-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Heinsohn is the worst, especially now that he's clearly senile and has no clue where he is or what he's talking about....

AaronY
03-19-2013, 12:50 PM

I don't understand fans that want opposing announcers to be unbiased and bland..

There's nothing funnier in the NBA than watching Heinsohn complain about your team getting a call in their favor..it's better than watching unbiased announcers like the Magic or Lakers and others that are boring as fuck, tbh..
troof bomb

AaronY
03-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Bill Walton's the GOAT though.

Who does OP think is the best color commentator covering a local team atm?

King Emmanuel
03-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Bill Walton is the goat. Good call.

Chris
03-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Heinsohn brings the homer goods. Drexler brings the homer bads.

LnGrrrR
03-19-2013, 01:24 PM

This. It's not like he tries to be impartial...

Cry Havoc
03-19-2013, 02:15 PM

I don't mind favoritism from announcers.

However, that should ALWAYS take a back seat to calling the game. I think he goes over the line here and branches into asshattery. After all, fans give each other shit for complaining about the refs all the time -- why is it acceptable for someone who's getting PAID to call the game to do so?

JoeTait75
03-19-2013, 02:17 PM
It's amazing that Heinson was once the lead analyst for national telecasts of NBA games. Of course, the Celtics were on CBS every week back in the day, so I guess it wasn't too amazing.

AaronY
03-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Who do you think is a really good local color commentator OP?

hater
03-19-2013, 02:21 PM
when nigga is more of a homer than most Celtic posters in here you know there's a problem.

Little children hear these comments with their virgin ears and are just unfortunately going to grow to become whinny bitches thanks to this individual. Shame on him and the Celtics franchise and the city of Boston.

Cry Havoc
03-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Who do you think is a really good local color commentator OP?

Toronto, Knicks, Sixers, Lakers, Pistons.

baseline bum
03-19-2013, 03:22 PM
Bill Walton's the GOAT though.

Who does OP think is the best color commentator covering a local team atm?

Bill Walton is the goat. Good call.

Oh man, Walton was awesome when he did color for the Clippers. He did nothing but scoff the team, and Olowokandi especially. The only NBA broadcasting team I have ever seen better than Lawler & Walton was Chick & Stu (mostly because of Hearn though).

jeebus
03-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Remember when Luck the Faker was a color commentator on ABC and BSPN? He probably couldn't hold in his homerism, which is why he left and came back home.

DMC
03-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Waiting for him to say "the hoppa!"

AussieFanKurt
03-19-2013, 05:01 PM
I'd much rather listen to Stacy. What a funny fuck. Heinsohn can be funny but blatant biased stops getting funny quick unfortunately

DeadlyDynasty
03-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Yeah, Elliott sucks. My personal least favorites are Tony Fiorentino and that dude from the Cavs (Austin Carr maybe?). Fiorentino is just a fat annoying guinea with nothing to add.

JoeTait75
03-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Yeah, Elliott sucks. My personal least favorites are Tony Fiorentino and that dude from the Cavs (Austin Carr maybe?). Fiorentino is just a fat annoying guinea with nothing to add.

Austin Carr is brutally bad and the Cavalier play-by-play man (Fred McLeod) is terrible in his own right.

King Emmanuel
03-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Jeff Skin Wade is top 5 imo

Venti Quattro
03-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Lakers

Chick - outstanding, legendary
Stu and Joel combo - noooice

...and then there's Billy Mac, who I want to strangle on-air.

scanry
03-19-2013, 07:02 PM

Surprised the Lakers let Meyers go.

Tbh the Spurs should've paid Meyers back in 2004 and we wouldn't have Bill Land screaming Oh Mama every other minute. We had great Spurs commentary before they went all cheap with Sean and Bill.

Cry Havoc
03-19-2013, 07:54 PM

You should be so lucky to have 3/4 tolerable casters. Most teams have guys that sound like they got pulled in off the street. I think the Spurs casters are underrated but I wouldn't put them at the top.

AaronY
03-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Elliott is awful

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-19-2013, 09:50 PM
The Suns went from really bad to worse. They have Dick Van Arsdale's daughter doing color commentary as the token female commentator and she's horrible.

D-Wade
03-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Heinsohn is insane but he's hilarious. He's a Celtic thru and thru... but at least he doesn't hide it.

Sean Elliott, on the other hand, is just a joke. The worst example of a mediocre player still getting validation through his team. He's also corny as hell and I say that as a Carlton Banks kind of black dude.

Thread
03-19-2013, 10:37 PM
The Suns went from really bad to worse. They have Dick Van Arsdale's daughter doing color commentary as the token female commentator and she's horrible.

Was it Dick or Tom that molested that kid in Wisconsin and then fled back here to avoid arrest?

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Was it Dick or Tom that molested that kid in Wisconsin and then fled back here to avoid arrest?
:lol no idea since that prolly happened a long ass time ago. Only incident of a suns player molesting someone (or trying to) was kj

Thread
03-20-2013, 12:18 AM
:lol no idea since that prolly happened a long ass time ago. Only incident of a suns player molesting someone (or trying to)
was kj

Yep, I torched 'em with that episode for years on AZ Central. I got the New Times article and lit them up. He never fucked her though. Just rolled around in the bed with her and took a shower together. She was just a ward of the state though. She didn't amount to anything, so Phoenix PD let it go.

8FOR!3
11-30-2014, 01:21 PM
BUMP. This guy just called Tyler Zeller the pickup of the summer and basically ridiculed the Cavs for replacing him with Kevin Love bc they're "struggling" :lol

AussieFanKurt
11-30-2014, 04:05 PM
BUMP. This guy just called Tyler Zeller the pickup of the summer and basically ridiculed the Cavs for replacing him with Kevin Love bc they're "struggling" :lol

but he said Baynes is a good player so he's fine! :lol