PDA

View Full Version : I'd love for the Heat to win their next 6 games...

Old School 44
03-19-2013, 09:42 AM
...that would be 29 wins in a row before facing the Spurs at home.

Here's the Heat's schedule for the next 7 games.

Wed, Mar 20 at Cleveland
Fri, Mar 22 vs Detroit
Sun, Mar 24 vs Charlotte
Mon, Mar 25 at Orlando
Wed, Mar 27 at Chicago
Fri, Mar 29 at New Orleans
Sun, Mar 31 at San Antonio

So do you think they can get to SA with the streak intact?

Dex
03-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Goddamn that is a cakewalk schedule.

silverblackfan
03-19-2013, 09:51 AM
Chicago might stop them, but the rest are pretty damn winnable. Damn the East is weak...

Old School 44
03-19-2013, 09:53 AM
They do have 5 of the 7 on the road. If they lose somewhere in the next 6, the obvious pick would be the Bulls, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lose to someone like Detroit or New Orleans.

Captivus
03-19-2013, 09:56 AM
By that time the standings are probably defined an Pop would sit the starters...and the bench will stop the streak!

thunderup
03-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Goddamn that is a cakewalk schedule.

Has a lot to do with 5 of those 7 games being against their own conference. I share the OP's sentiment. I want to see how the Heat do against real competition. They play against a bunch of wack competition that it inflates their record a bit. It's sad that of all the teams in the East, a Celtic team over the hill is their only competition.

It'd be awesome if someone from our conference put them in their place.

Old School 44
03-19-2013, 10:00 AM
By that time the standings are probably defined an Pop would sit the starters...and the bench will stop the streak!
If Miami comes in to SA with the streak intact, Stern and the league would blow a gasket if Pop doesn't play everyone. I think most Spurs fans would be upset too.

Obstructed_View
03-19-2013, 10:01 AM
The longer the streak goes, the less pressure on whoever faces them in the finals. If the Spurs aren't going to have HCA, then let Miami do whatever they want in the regular season. I'd actually be in favor of Pop's not showing his cards against them in this final matchup.

thunderup
03-19-2013, 10:04 AM
The longer the streak goes, the less pressure on whoever faces them in the finals. If the Spurs aren't going to have HCA, then let Miami do whatever they want in the regular season. I'd actually be in favor of Pop's not showing his cards against them in this final matchup.

That'd be akin to what third world countries do in their own basketball leagues. But I get where you're coming from. Pop is one clever dude, partner.

Old School 44
03-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Yeah...I was actually thinking the same thing, sort of like what happened to the Spurs last year. Still, it would be nice to be the footnote on ending the second longest streak in NBA history.

Obstructed_View
03-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Yeah...I was actually thinking the same thing, sort of like what happened to the Spurs last year. Still, it would be nice to be the footnote on ending the second longest streak in NBA history.

Much rather be the team that turns that streak into a curse, which it suddenly becomes if the Heat don't win the title. Just ask the 2012 Spurs.

If they end the streak and then lose in the finals, it won't really matter. If they don't end the streak and then lose in the finals, it won't really matter. If they can treat that regular season game as a scouting opportunity and can find some weaknesses that might give them a chance, while simultaneously giving Miami a false sense of security, then that's the way I'd play it.

Spur-Addict
03-19-2013, 10:26 AM
I'd like to see Orlando beat them because they should've several games ago. A few questionable plays here and there and that was it. But I agree with O.V in the sense that we shouldn't give them much of an inclination to what we have planned for them.

boutons_deux
03-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Heat is preceded by Nuggs and Clips, followed next night @Grizz

A nasty stretch.

KL2
03-19-2013, 10:43 AM
They're losing to the Cavs, book it.

G-Nob
03-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Odds are, they'll lose a game before then. Media will hype this so much, it'll be all they think about and then they lose to the hornets. If the streak is still intact, Pop's hatred for winning streaks could cause him to rest the stars for the March 31st game just to keep the Heat streaking into the playoffs similar to what the spurs did last year.

alamo50
03-19-2013, 10:54 AM
It would be cool to end it all in good ol' San Antone.

hooperflash
03-19-2013, 10:58 AM
It's funny because the only back-to-back games are against Charlotte and Orlando, when our back-to-back games almost always includes a good team lol

Embedded
03-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Hosting the Nuggets Wed, Clippers Fri, then the Heat Sunday, all early evening games, is a great rhythm against quality competition, and possibly an emotional lift with Mr. Parker's return. If Coach Popovich feels like we're likely to face the Heat in the Finals, though, it wouldn't surprise me if he rests starters or, excuse me - they have some knee effusion that night.

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Miami has defeated OKC, Memphis, the Lakers, the Clippers and the Rockets during their streak..

They don't play the Nuggets again this season, so the Spurs are the only remaining "tough" team in the West that hasn't tested them..it should be a good game, the Spurs should fare better than the rest of the West against them, tbh..

03-19-2013, 12:38 PM
ehh i think miami's motivation to keep the streak alive will drop. they already own the second longest winning streak by themselves but it will take 10 more wins in a row to catch up to the longest winning streak ever. if that streak was 25 or 26, the heat might continue playing hard but i think they will dial back a little to prepare for the playoffs.

boutons_deux
03-19-2013, 12:41 PM
another factor is Spurs maintaining HCA over Heat in Finals. Heat are now 2L behind Spurs. Heat are 30-3 at home.

Tiago Splitter
03-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Has a lot to do with 5 of those 7 games being against their own conference. I share the OP's sentiment. I want to see how the Heat do against real competition. They play against a bunch of wack competition that it inflates their record a bit. It's sad that of all the teams in the East, a Celtic team over the hill is their only competition.

It'd be awesome if someone from our conference put them in their place.

Thunder, Clippers, Lakers and Memphis all gave it a shot but all failed.

Tiago Splitter
03-19-2013, 01:04 PM
I can't fight the feeling that Pop throws this game with "rest".

cd021
03-19-2013, 01:35 PM
At Chicago
At New Orleans

They will lose one of these games.

cd021
03-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Parker will also be back by that game. Probably play 20 minutes off the bench.

phxspurfan
03-19-2013, 01:47 PM
Pop's hatred for winning streaks could cause him to rest the stars for the March 31st game

super-substantial sanctions

phxspurfan
03-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Miami has defeated OKC, Memphis, the Lakers, the Clippers and the Rockets during their streak..

They don't play the Nuggets again this season, so the Spurs are the only remaining "tough" team in the West that hasn't tested them..it should be a good game, the Spurs should fare better than the rest of the West against them, tbh..

Lots of hi-low...Splitter with a career high

ffadicted
03-19-2013, 02:07 PM
lol the east

hater
03-19-2013, 02:07 PM
:lmao thinking Pop has cards hidden vs. Heat.

If Heat is unbeaten when they come to SA. Sa will just be another statistic in their record breaking path.

Jumi
03-19-2013, 02:10 PM
If Miami still has that winning streak intact Pop better play the starters!!! That game in SA would be huge!!!!!

G-Nob
03-19-2013, 03:12 PM
If it comes down to the streak March 31st, Pop will weigh the game of the season versus paying 250K and mind-f'ing Miami. Pop will choose the latter. :rollin

He then gets ejected in the 1st quarter and joins tim and tp in the massouse room.:toast

spurraider21
03-19-2013, 03:20 PM
playing in chicago isn't a cakewalk per se but for Miami it probably would be. thats the only game that looks remotely challenging. at new orleans COULD be a sleeper because for games at a time guys like gordon, anderson, vazquez could get hot and they do have some size/shotblocking especially with monte FINALLY giving anthony davis minutes. still, miami is going to blow past them since it isn't a b2b.

hater
03-19-2013, 03:54 PM
it would be awesome if Pop would send TP, TD, MG and Danny Green home in public transportation before this game. But it won't happen, Pop is a yes man after all(army/defense guy) and will submit to Lord Stern this time.

Obstructed_View
03-19-2013, 04:30 PM
:lmao thinking Pop has cards hidden vs. Heat.

What cards has he shown to Miami thus far? How dangerous Patty Mills can be?

Norris Cole
03-19-2013, 04:32 PM
Miami will likely drop a game before then, most likely against the Cavs. They beat Houston's record already and didn't let the streak end at Boston's hands. Now the playoffs should be the focus and the regular season goes back to being meaningless.

TheGoldStandard
03-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Boston should have beaten Miami last night and I blame poor coaching for choking that one away last night. You're up 13 and Jeff Green is the only guy scoring for you consistantly last night so what does Doc Rivers do? He pulls him and they go stagnant for 5 minutes allowing Miami back in it before they go back to any kind of scoring lineup and by then Miami was rolling. There is no way Boston does anything in the playoffs so why not play Green 50 + minutes if they have to its not like he was gased or jacking up ill shots, he was attacking the basket or getting good looks from the 3 point line.

Miami is very beatable and it showed last night but everyone in the East think they have a chance and play the game like they would any other.

hater
03-19-2013, 04:55 PM
disagree. Last nite game was typical championship team snooze button game. Turn it on with just in time to win by minimal margin. heat did the exact same vs. Toros few months ago, and now can do this at will. it would take a monumental collapse for heat to be beaten 4 times by the same team. Won't happen.

duhoh
03-19-2013, 05:03 PM
if you have smart players like battier making clean blocks, you can afford to play lax and still win.

Obstructed_View
03-19-2013, 05:21 PM
disagree. Last nite game was typical championship team snooze button game. Turn it on with just in time to win by minimal margin. heat did the exact same vs. Toros few months ago, and now can do this at will. it would take a monumental collapse for heat to be beaten 4 times by the same team. Won't happen.

You're sounding desperate at this point. You should probably stop.

Norris Cole
03-19-2013, 05:35 PM
You're sounding desperate at this point. You should probably stop.

Hes right, you're just poor at judging the game and what's going on. All you see is a box score.

Norris Cole
03-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Hell Spo even said they were just warming up while Boston came out swinging. It was obvious and he didn't need to say it, it spoke for itself.

007nites
03-19-2013, 05:46 PM
TD, TP, Leonard, and Manu. Why does Green need to be sent home lol.

hater
03-19-2013, 06:10 PM
TD, TP, Leonard, and Manu. Why does Green need to be sent home lol.

Lord Stern made it a point to mention Green when fining spurs. If Pop were to facefuck him again, might as well facefuck him the right way

Marrow
03-19-2013, 06:49 PM
the longer the streak goes, the better...hopefully they take it all the way to the playoffs. Nothing kills momentum and breeds second guessing like an unexpected loss, especially after a 30 or so game win streak

TheGoldStandard
03-19-2013, 08:07 PM

I'm sure Spo and the rest of the Heat were okay with Green going off for 43. It was a bad match up and they were constantly making the switch and he was getting to the hoop, drawing a foul or getting fairly open shots. Outside of LeBron and Wade the rest of the team are very beatable and can be beaten with matchups.

The only thing that last night has proven as well as the other games during this run is that Lebron is coming up big in clutch moments and can't be guarded consistently. He got his 37 while everyone else played fairly well but they weren't unbeatable and they didn't just turn it on.

TampaDude
03-20-2013, 11:35 PM
The Heat spotted the Cavs a 27-point lead in the third quarter and still came back and won the game.

I know it's just the Cavs, but damn...is there anyone that can stop the Heat?

SpurPadre
03-20-2013, 11:38 PM
The Heat spotted the Cavs a 27-point lead in the third quarter and still came back and won the game.

I know it's just the Cavs, but damn...is there anyone that can stop the Heat?

To be fair, the refs helped them tonight. There was an out of bounds play in the closing seconds that went off Lebron's hands but they gave the ball to the Heat anyways.

TheGoldStandard
03-20-2013, 11:42 PM
To be fair, the refs helped them tonight. There was an out of bounds play in the closing seconds that went off Lebron's hands but they gave the ball to the Heat anyways.

The East is riddled with teams that play above there actual talent level and the cavs had that going for them they could not sustain it, when the pressure was on they shrunk and reverted back to being Heat fodder. At this point fatigue is probably the only way they'll lose the streak before the Spurs game, games like Boston and tonight take a lot out of the other guys not so much the super stars and the bench has come up big. The Heat will eventually do the same thing, start slow and think they can turn it on but if a team isn't afraid and keep attacking inside they'll find out that they can't just coast.

TD 21
03-21-2013, 01:18 AM
Of course they can get to the Spurs with the streak intact, but I don't think it's the lock most think it is. As I've been saying for some time now and as evident by tonight's game (even though they pulled it out) and a few others along the way, at some point, you're just due to lose. It doesn't matter who you're playing, etc. No one's as good as anything close to 24 in a row. Plus, more so than what the typical reigning champion faces, they're really getting everyone's best shot now. Especially from these bottom feeders, because this is their NBA championship.

I've also been hoping for a while now that it's intact when they get to the Spurs, not only because I want the Spurs to be the ones to end it, but because I think they will and I thought this before it was a given that Parker would be back. Either way, it sets up to be the game of the regular season.

MANUNG-Ginobili
03-21-2013, 03:28 AM
If the streak will continue until the game in SA, I hope Pop will rest the starters and let the trolling for David Stern continue..lol

AFBlue
03-21-2013, 07:06 AM
I'd also love for the Nuggets to win their next 3...showdowns with the hottest two teams in the league at their peaks would be fun to watch.

Old School 44
03-21-2013, 07:36 AM
Like others have mentioned in prior posts, with each win in the "Heat Streak" the pressure increases to maintain it.
I wasn't buying many of the Heat player's post game comments about the streak not having any impact on their comeback over the Cavs.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic acomplishment even if it ends on Friday against Detroit, but with the East virtually locked up, it would be ashame if a key player plays too many minutes or goes at it too hard and gets injured all in quest of maintaining the streak.

heyheymymy
03-21-2013, 04:15 PM
it reminds me of the 17 game winstreak the mavs did in 2007. they looked pretty close to as unstoppable, and we know what happened that year...

spurraider21
03-21-2013, 04:51 PM
I'd also love for the Nuggets to win their next 3...showdowns with the hottest two teams in the league at their peaks would be fun to watch.

Fun to watch, sure. Serious gut check for a team as we approach the playoffs. THAT'S what I'll be looking for.

Norris Cole
03-21-2013, 05:28 PM

The replay doesn't show it clearly going off the hands of LeBron, so I would like to see the video you saw. Obviously it's one nobody else saw.

Either way its an idiotic statement to say that the Cavs were screwed by the refs when Miami was down 27 with 8 mins left in 3rd. Miami was winning that game and Lebron wouldn't be denied.

letmk
03-21-2013, 07:44 PM
I would rather Heat lose the game before the Spurs' game, then the Spurs beat them again. In that context, the Heat has no reason to play "relaxed" or with no incentive.

TheGoldStandard
03-21-2013, 07:47 PM
I just want the heat to lose, tired of the circus that it brings and the love ESPN and NBA TV give to the streak.

Norris Cole
03-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Considering nobody out east is catching them in the standings, why would they not play relax? They played relax the last two years and made it to the finals both years. Why fix what's not broke?

EVAY
03-21-2013, 09:25 PM
If we are able to get out of the West and face the Heat in the finals, a 7 game series means that regardless of whether or not Pop 'shows his hand' in the game during the regular season, there will be plenty of time for the Heat and anybody else to adjust to whatever Pop does. Remember last year's WCF? They adjusted.
We didn't adjust back. Heat will have plenty of time to figure us out. We are only going to be able to beat them if we can neutralize two of their big three, Wade and Bosh. I think we can. But we will not stop LeBron. No one will.

SpurSpurSpurs
03-22-2013, 06:58 AM
March 31st. A day NBA fans will remember that half of MIA fans committed suicide.

100%duncan
03-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Cosigned. Was pissed when I heard they were trailing big time gainst the Cavs and was relieved when they won. :lmao we endin theirs and the Nuggs to be fuckin honest.

Seventyniner
03-22-2013, 09:12 AM
The win streak is pretty meaningless anyway. The Heat needed 2OT at home to beat the Kings; change one basket and it's 13-game streak instead of 24.

Norris Cole
03-22-2013, 09:42 AM
March 31st. A day NBA fans will remember that half of MIA fans committed suicide.

I'm sure a regular season game where the defending champs take on last years WCF foddler, is view as pretty meaningless. Playoffs and championship, thats it and thats all.

Norris Cole
03-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Cosigned. Was pissed when I heard they were trailing big time gainst the Cavs and was relieved when they won. :lmao we endin theirs and the Nuggs to be fuckin honest.

When does the banner go up? :lmao

will_spurs
03-22-2013, 10:55 AM
When does the banner go up? :lmao

Miami 1st retired number:

No 23 - Michael Jordan - April 11, 2003

:lmao

Old School 44
03-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Would be interesting if Spoelstra pulls a Pop, and sits James and/or Wade and Bosh. I can see this happening, especially if the streak ends before they get to the Spurs. Of course, they would do it more "by the rules" (whatever those are) and inform the league of bogus injuries and not necessarily send James, Wade, Bosh and Juwan Howard home.

Norris Cole
03-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Miami 1st retired number:

No 23 - Michael Jordan - April 11, 2003

:lmao
Celebrating meaningless wins :lmao
Regular season championships :lmao
Thinking the defending champs care about the playoff foddler Spurs :lmao
1st seed and no playoff success :rollin

RD2191
03-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Celebrating meaningless wins :lmao
Regular season championships :lmao
Thinking the defending champs care about the playoff foddler Spurs :lmao
1st seed and no playoff success :rollin

2 rigged series:lmao
lebron choking against the mavs:lol
playing in the garbage east:lmao

Norris Cole
03-22-2013, 01:00 PM
2 rigged series:lmao
lebron choking against the mavs:lol
playing in the garbage east:lmao
1st seed outted in the first round :lol
Curbstomped by the Thunder :lol
Swept by the Suns :lol
Has beens :lmao

RD2191
03-22-2013, 01:02 PM
1st seed outted in thd first round :lol
Curbstomped by the Thunder :lol
Swept by the Suns :lol
Has beens :lmao

your mother is a whore:lol
talking because you're scared:lmao
norris cole is garbage:downspin:

Norris Cole
03-22-2013, 01:05 PM
your mother is a whore:lol
talking because you're scared:lmao
norris cole is garbage:downspin:

She may be but could be worse, she could be a be@ner like you :lol
Fatass :lol
Doesn't bathe :lmao
Scared of a team that hasn't done anything meaningful since 2007 :lol

heyheymymy
03-22-2013, 02:08 PM
She may be but could be worse, she could be a be@ner like you :lol
Fatass :lol
Doesn't bathe :lmao
Scared of a team that hasn't done anything meaningful since 2007 :lol

pfft, dude your team was put together by a 12 year old fanboi on xbox. what a joke fantasy team, can't possibly be proud of that?

your team had to go on a 24 game win streak, perfect health to stars, weak conference, weak schedule, bron in god mode, etc just to catch up to the crusin spurs team who've had parker, ginobili, duncan, leonard, jackson and green all sit/injured, in many cases 10-15 games, treating live games like an exhibition practice, and one of the toughest schedules in one of the toughest conferences.

All for a measly 1.5 game lead over the spurs?

gtfo

Norris Cole
03-22-2013, 02:11 PM
pfft, dude your team was put together by a 12 year old fanboi on xbox. what a joke fantasy team, can't possibly be proud of that?

your team had to go on a 24 game win streak, perfect health to stars, weak conference, weak schedule, bron in god mode, etc just to catch up to the crusin spurs team who've had parker, ginobili, duncan, leonard, jackson and green all sit/injured, in many cases 10-15 games, treating live games like an exhibition practice, and one of the toughest schedules in one of the toughest conferences.

All for a measly 1.5 game lead over the spurs?

gtfo
The great Pat Riley is a 12 year old boy? :lol Gee you're stupid

The fact you think the regular season matters shows how little you know. For the third season in a row the Spurs are playing their heart out and for the third season in a row you can expect the same result :lmao

SpurSpurSpurs
03-22-2013, 10:53 PM
I'm sure a regular season game where the defending champs take on last years WCF foddler, is view as pretty meaningless. Playoffs and championship, thats it and thats all.

So you think your team will lose that 30th win? Oh BTW, I'm sure a regular season game will be preview of what will happen in the Finals IF these two teams meet.

100%duncan
03-24-2013, 06:56 AM
Bad troll tbh. Atleast be funny B fwiw.

Obstructed_View
03-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic acomplishment even if it ends on Friday against Detroit, but with the East virtually locked up, it would be ashame if a key player plays too many minutes or goes at it too hard and gets injured all in quest of maintaining the streak.

Not so much a shame, as likely the only chance for a team like the Celtics or the Thunder or the Spurs to win a ring this year.

MadDog73
03-24-2013, 10:04 AM
To Norris Cole: FYI, it's "Fodder", not "foddler".

Anyway, I could care less about "home court advantage". Spurs have lost plenty of playoff series with HCA, and won plenty more without it.

Finals "HCA" is a joke. The "visitors" get 3 games in a row at home... plenty of time to either change momentum of a series, or seal the deal.

Old School 44
03-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Not so much a shame, as likely the only chance for a team like the Celtics or the Thunder or the Spurs to win a ring this year.
I see what you're saying, but with all things even (no injuries to either team) I like the Spurs chances. After all, they are 4-0 in finals appearances. :)

If for some reason the Heat don't make the finals, the championship is going to be won by the West, definitely not the Cs.

therealtruth
03-24-2013, 12:00 PM

About the only time HCA makes a difference is when the Finals series gets to game 7. Usually the team with home court advantage is so superior that it makes no difference or they are close and then each team can win on the road.

Old School 44
03-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Two games to go. Wouldn't it be ironic if the Heat streak buster is the New Orleans Hornets?
Interesting how both streak teams play (or in Denver's case played) New Orleans just before they meet the Spurs.

Norris Cole
03-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Well can't say I was wrong...