PDA

View Full Version : The Real Reason Scout Prouty Leaked the Famous Romney "47%" Video

boutons_deux
03-19-2013, 12:43 PM
It Was Over Romney Profiting from Slave Labor

Prouty didn't shoot the video because he wanted the goods on Romney. He was just making a souvenir, like his pictures of Bill Clinton shaking hands with the staff at another event. It was only when Romney talked about going to China to buy a factory "back in my private equity days" that he knew he had something explosive on his hands.

Romney told the room that the factory employed 20,000 young women in their teens and twenties, living 12 to a room in triple bunk beds, 10 rooms sharing one little bathroom, working long hours for a "pittance." The factory was surrounded by barbed wire and guard towers. "And we said gosh, I can't believe that you, you know, keep these girls in. And they said, no, no, no. This is to keep other people from coming in. Because people want so badly to work in this factory that we have to keep them out."

What galled Prouty was that Romney bought the lie. He told the story not to condemn slave labor, but to say how lucky American are to be born in a land of so much opportunity that we don't have to stop people from scaling walls to get work.

Looking around the room, Prouty saw that none of the guests were appalled. He thought it wrong that only people with $50k to shell out could see the real Romney. Afterward, searching online, he learned that the factory was Global-Tech in Donguan, and that Charles Kernaghan (http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/03/14/creator-of-the-47-tape-shines-a-little-bit-of-light-on-a-labor-rights-activist/), an international labor rights activist, had exposed Bain's interest in ventures built on outsourced American jobs and exploited workers. Two weeks later, when Prouty decided he'd be a coward if he kept what he'd seen to himself, it was this story alone that motivated him to go public. China, not the 47 percent, was his lede.

http://truth-out.org/news/item/15200-the-real-reason-scout-prouty-leaked-the-famous-romney-47-video-it-was-over-romney-profiting-from-slave-labor

Prouty is a fucking hero.

clambake
03-19-2013, 12:46 PM
that wasn't even romney. just a look-alike libtard plant by the libtards

Wild Cobra
03-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Is Prouty an expert on on the Chinese culture?

boutons_deux
03-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Is Prouty an expert on on the Chinese culture?

If he's not, so what?

Do you buy the Chinese lie like Bishop Gecko did?

Maybe Willard didn't pick up on the Chinese sarcasm. He's that dense.

FromWayDowntown
03-19-2013, 01:00 PM
This casts a bad light on someone on the political right; there must be some broader context to show that it's dubious at best.

Wild Cobra
03-19-2013, 01:05 PM
If he's not so what?

Do you buy the Chinese lie like Bishop Gecko did?

Maybe Willard didn't pick up on the Chinese sarcasm. He's that dense.
Who is he to judge the truth if he isn't an expert on Chinese culture? I can believe that the living conditions were as said, and that the women were glad to have those jobs. I work with an immigrant from China and have heard stories. Have you?

My God... You liberals talk about US poverty and have no idea what real poverty is.

Clipper Nation
03-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Classic GOP logic....

A classical-liberal constitutionalist = unelectable

A wannabe slaveowner and known sweatshop operator who openly hates 47% of the American electorate = totally electable, must be nominated at all costs

And the GOP is going to make the same mistakes again next election cycle, since they're convinced they lost because of "branding" instead of continually nominating douchebag ivory-tower warmongering neocons :lol

ChumpDumper
03-19-2013, 01:13 PM
lol culture

CosmicCowboy
03-19-2013, 01:19 PM
While we can all debate the morality of these chinese sweatshops it is common and well documented knowledge that hundreds of millions of chinese voluntarily gave up their subsistence agrarian existence and flooded the cities anxious to take these shitty jobs because it was less shitty than the life they had before.

Wild Cobra
03-19-2013, 01:19 PM
While we can all debate the morality of these chinese sweatshops it is common and well documented knowledge that hundreds of millions of chinese voluntarily gave up their subsistence agrarian existence and flooded the cities anxious to take these shitty jobs because it was less shitty than the life they had before.
Like I said, liberals here in America have no concept of what poverty really is.

boutons_deux
03-19-2013, 01:23 PM

so you believe the concentration camp security was to keep people out, not in?

Clipper Nation
03-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Like I said, liberals here in America have no concept of what poverty really is.
Apparently, Willard doesn't know what it is either, otherwise he'd have done something to help the poor instead of fucking profiting from slave labor....

DarrinS
03-19-2013, 01:25 PM
http://truth-out.org/news/item/15200-the-real-reason-scout-prouty-leaked-the-famous-romney-47-video-it-was-over-romney-profiting-from-slave-labor

Prouty is a fucking hero.

Truth mf out, where the informed get their news.

ChumpDumper
03-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Chinese women want to work in prisons.

It's their culture!

George Gervin's Afro
03-19-2013, 01:37 PM

It's their culture!

Do you know anything about the Chinese culture? I work with a chinese guy who says....

TeyshaBlue
03-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Do you know anything about the Chinese culture? I work with a chinese guy who says....

Smart people wouldn't work with Chinese people....

ChumpDumper
03-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Smart people wouldn't work with Chinese people....The smart ones who understand their culture enslave them.

Th'Pusher
03-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Truth mf out, where the informed get their news.
At least he knew it was Prouty. Your uninformed ass said it was Jimmy Carter's grandson who, in actualiy, was David Corn's research assistant Proudy used to contact Corn.

Wild Cobra
03-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Apparently, Willard doesn't know what it is either, otherwise he'd have done something to help the poor instead of fucking profiting from slave labor....
Am I wrong about you? I thought you were smarter than that statement just shown you to be.

Does Romney even have enough money to give $1 to each Chinese citizen in poverty? Isn't his net worth south of $250 million?

CosmicCowboy
03-19-2013, 01:46 PM
so you believe the concentration camp security was to keep people out, not in?

I have no idea of the situation on this particular factory, but it is quite common worldwide for factories to have perimeter fencing/security and limited points of entrance/exit for security and inventory control. It's not like they want the peasants wandering out the side door with boxes full of i5's.

Wild Cobra
03-19-2013, 01:47 PM

It's their culture!
So...

You ass-ume it's a prison. I can believe the security is to keep others from coming in. Do you dismiss that idea out of hand, or do you have facts we don't know of?

Wild Cobra
03-19-2013, 01:48 PM
I have no idea of the situation on this particular factory, but it is quite common worldwide for factories to have perimeter fencing/security and limited points of entrance/exit for security and inventory control. It's not like they want the peasants wandering out the side door with a boxes full of i5's.
LOL...

That too...

George Gervin's Afro
03-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Smart people wouldn't work with Chinese people....

My new next door neighbor has her parents living with her. They are from China.

Does that make me an expert on their culture? I helped the old guy work on the lawn this past weekend.. that has got to count for something..

ChumpDumper
03-19-2013, 01:50 PM
So...

You ass-ume it's a prison. I can believe the security is to keep others from coming in. Do you dismiss that idea out of hand, or do you have facts we don't know of?Yeah, people break into places to work all the time. I guess if they all look alike to you, you might pay the wrong worker.

ChumpDumper
03-19-2013, 01:52 PM
I lock my doors at home so my Chinese neighbors don't break in and steam clean my carpet.

Clipper Nation
03-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Am I wrong about you? I thought you were smarter than that statement just shown you to be.

Does Romney even have enough money to give $1 to each Chinese citizen in poverty? Isn't his net worth south of $250 million?
Apparently you're the one who's not too bright if you think helping the poor = giving $1 to every Chinese person in poverty..... then again, I don't expect much from a beligerent racist with an irrational fear of black surgeons, tbh.....

George Gervin's Afro
03-19-2013, 02:09 PM
Apparently you're the one who's not too bright if you think helping the poor = giving $1 to every Chinese person in poverty..... then again, I don't expect much from a beligerent racist with an irrational fear of black surgeons, tbh.....

don't forget he would be ok with shooting people who cross the border illegally...

CosmicCowboy
03-19-2013, 02:10 PM
must be slow in the club today. The trolls are back shitting in here again.

TeyshaBlue
03-19-2013, 02:11 PM

Black, Chinese surgeons = Apocalypse!!!!!

Wild Cobra
03-19-2013, 02:11 PM
No, you left it wide open.

How do you think he should help more than he has, as a job provider?

Wild Cobra
03-19-2013, 02:12 PM
must be slow in the club today. The trolls are back shitting in here again.
Even TeyshaBlue is being stupid.

TeyshaBlue
03-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Even TeyshaBlue is being stupid.

I've been stupid for a long time, moron.

Clipper Nation
03-19-2013, 02:15 PM
No, you left it wide open.

How do you think he should help more than he has, as a job provider?
:lol "Job provider".... nice spin, but in reality, he's a sweatshop operator and a wannabe slaveownerPERIOD

TeyshaBlue
03-19-2013, 02:18 PM
:lol "Job provider".... nice spin, but in reality, he's a sweatshop operator and a wannabe slaveownerPERIOD

ummm....might want to read up just a bit on that before you go full boutons on the dude.

Wild Cobra
03-19-2013, 02:31 PM
You should try a profession as a Cherry Picker. You're good at it.

The majority of his ventures have provided jobs, but if you wish to cherry pick the smaller percentage...

ElNono
03-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Middle Eastern women *love* to be stoned to death... culture > basic human rights!

boutons_deux
03-19-2013, 07:16 PM
You should try a profession as a Cherry Picker. You're good at it.

The majority of his ventures have provided jobs, but if you wish to cherry pick the smaller percentage...

rescuing a company, creating jobs, whatever, etc are all secondary, incidental for p/e funds to MAKING MONEY FOR THEIR INVESTORS

Halberto
03-19-2013, 10:37 PM
Wait..... wait..... don't tax the rich because...... it will create more..... jobs?

:lol people are such FUCKING sheep

mouse
03-19-2013, 11:06 PM
I lock my doors at home so my Chinese neighbors don't break in and steam clean my carpet.

:lmao