PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Hypothetical scenarios....what happens?

irishock
03-20-2013, 01:38 AM
1. In the '11 Finals, Terry doesn't drop 19 points in the first half of game 6 vs Miami. Dirk is 1-11 and only DeShawn Stevenson has shown up offensively. Does Miami win the title?

2. In the '10 WCF, Artest doesn't hit the game winner and the Suns win game 5 in OT, going home with a 3-2 lead. Does Phoenix win the series?

3. In the 2004 WCSF- 0.4 doesn't happen. Do the Spurs repeat as NBA champions?

4. Stern dies before 2002, do the Kings win the title?

5. In the 1998 Finals game 6, Malone doesn't bend over to Jordan in the final minute, do the Jazz win the title?

Honest answers please....

Splits
03-20-2013, 01:43 AM
How does the 2002 WCF fixed series not make this list?

irishock
03-20-2013, 01:44 AM
How does the 2002 WCF fixed series not make this list?

I'll add it

lefty
03-20-2013, 01:48 AM
1. In the '11 Finals, Terry doesn't drop 19 points in the first half of game 6 vs Miami. Dirk is 1-11 and only DeShawn Stevenson has shown up offensively. Does Miami win the title?

Big IF

2. In the '10 WCF, Artest doesn't hit the game winner and the Suns win game 5 in OT, going home with a 3-2 lead. Does Phoenix win the series?

No; the Suns are genetically programmed to choke

No. The Pistons would have won

Yes. Lol Nets

5. In the 1998 Finals game 6, Malone doesn't bend over to Jordan in the final minute, do the Jazz win the title?

No; he would bend over in game 7

thunderup
03-20-2013, 01:53 AM

:lmao

Jacob1983
03-20-2013, 01:55 AM
1. Probably. The Mavs had to win game 6 of the 2011 Finals.
2. No. The Lakers would have won the series. They had HCA and the Super Mario Suns did not play defense.
3. Yes. The Spurs probably would have at least made it to the Finals in 2004 if 0.4 hadn't have happened.
4. Yes. If Stern hadn't have instructed his zebras to give the Lakers bullshit calls in games 4 and 6 in the 2002 WCF, the Kings would have won. The Kings would have beaten the Nets in the Finals.
5. No. Malone could not beat Jordan. Plain and simple.

KaiRMD1
03-20-2013, 02:11 AM
1. In the '11 Finals, Terry doesn't drop 19 points in the first half of game 6 vs Miami. Dirk is 1-11 and only DeShawn Stevenson has shown up offensively. Does Miami win the title? Tough one to call but I'm gonna lean toward a no.

2. In the '10 WCF, Artest doesn't hit the game winner and the Suns win game 5 in OT, going home with a 3-2 lead. Does Phoenix win the series? I always wondered about this since it happened but Phoenix wouldn't have won that series. Lakers would've came back one way or another. Also, Suns have been known to choke

3. In the 2004 WCSF- 0.4 doesn't happen. Do the Spurs repeat as NBA champions? As much as .4 hurt us, Detroit's juggernaut roster would've hurt us and probably would've beaten us, probably not as easy as the lakers did but they would have beaten us for sure so no.

4. Stern dies before 2002, do the Kings win the title? Hell yeah

5. In the 1998 Finals game 6, Malone doesn't bend over to Jordan in the final minute, do the Jazz win the title? Nah, it's just a no, simple as that.

whitemamba
03-20-2013, 02:16 AM

Big IF

No; the Suns are genetically programmed to choke

No. The Pistons would have won

Yes. Lol Nets

No; he would bend over in game 7

this

Robz4000
03-20-2013, 02:20 AM
1. More than likely, yes
2. :lol no
3. Would've made Finals, but lose to Detroit in 6.
4. Yes, definitely
5. Fuck no, MJ was the GOAT while Malone was a choke artist. Chicago in 7.

mercos
03-20-2013, 02:56 AM
No. 2011 was the Mavericks year. They had some good comebacks throughout the run and could have done it again if need be.

No. Lakers were clearly superior in 2010. I was surprised Phoenix got the wins they did.

Yes. Spurs faced Pistons in 2005 and beat them. It was virtually the same teams as 04. I think Spurs would have played even better in 04 going into the Finals heavily favored as defending champs.

Probably.

No. I frequently get the two series they played against each other mixed up, but I believe Chicago performed much better against the Jazz in 1998 than they did in 1997. I think they were up 3-1 at one point, and crushed them in one of the games. Utah was not beating Chicago.

KaiRMD1
03-20-2013, 03:07 AM
How about this for a what if: if Garnett wasn't injured in 09, would Celtics repeat as champs? Not trying to open the floodgates for other suggestions to what ifs but that one is pretty big, no?

baseline bum
03-20-2013, 03:45 AM
NO. Dallas was doing such a good job keeping James out of the lane that I'd still give them the edge on the road in game 7

NO. The Lakers were way more talented

NOT SURE - Spurs/Pistons would have been a coin-flip in 04

EASILY - Kings over Nets in 5

YES - Pippen was playing at about 5% and that Bulls team was old and vulnerable. That three Stockton hit with 41 seconds left in game 6 should have won them the title, but LOL Malone getting stripped and falling over while posting on the block with 15 seconds left and a one point lead

Honest answers please....

baseline bum
03-20-2013, 03:49 AM
How about this for a what if: if Garnett wasn't injured in 09, would Celtics repeat as champs? Not trying to open the floodgates for other suggestions to what ifs but that one is pretty big, no?

No doubt. The 2009 Lakers team was one of the weakest title teams in the modern era while the Celtics were one of the strongest. LA could barely handle Houston minus its two best players and a shitty Nuggets team that couldn't inbound the ball, so I don't see them beating the 09 Celtics.

KaiRMD1
03-20-2013, 04:00 AM
Yeah, I think the entire 09 playoffs was filled with what ifs

Thread
03-20-2013, 08:52 AM
Fuckin' Artest puttin' that thing back....then snatching the life right out of Pierce.

CWEBB turning his fucking back on Horry & wandering back up that lane. Jesus H. Christ, the sound of that fucking horn as Horry's shot is coming in. My God.

Lincoln
03-20-2013, 09:14 AM
Fuckin' Artest puttin' that thing back....then snatching the life right out of Pierce.

CWEBB turning his fucking back on Horry & wandering back up that lane. Jesus H. Christ, the sound of that fucking horn as Horry's shot is coming in. My God.

Shut up faggot

Clipper Nation
03-20-2013, 09:40 AM
1. Yes... the Kang finally snaps out of his slump and delivers a ring to South Beach, tbh....

2. Maybe.... the Suns have a long history of choking, but they were playing with house money that year, so they would have had a chance....

3. Yes... 0.4 was bullshit anyway...

4. Depends on Stern's replacement - if they're as crooked as Stern, the WCF that year would still have been rigged for the Lakers....

5. No.... the refs weren't going to allow MJ to be beat, as evident by his uncalled push-off, Eisley's three that got waved off for no reason, and Ron Harper's jumper that was counted despite the shot clock violation....

Venti Quattro
03-20-2013, 09:53 AM
2. No. The Lakers would have won the series. They had HCA and the Super Mario Suns did not play defense.

Alvin Gentry coached the 2009-10 Suns...

ambchang
03-20-2013, 10:36 AM
No, the Mavs already have the Heat’s game figured out, and they have the personnel to match up with the Heat. BTW, the reason Terry dropped 19 and Jose Barea went off is because the Heat was intent of making life miserable for Nowitzki

Lakers win, Suns weren’t good enough, especially in the paint.

No, the Spurs will still have to win one more game vs. the Lakers, and the Lakers already have the Spurs figured out. While the Spurs were almost flawless defensively, they had huge issues offensively on the perimeter. Collapse the paint, and they are done. Even if by some miracle the Spurs got past the Lakers in that series, they will not go past the Pistons. And to an earlier poster who said 05 Spurs = 04 Spurs and 05 Pistons = 04 Pistons, you are wrong. The 04 Pistons were deeper, had more weapons, and the 05 Spurs had a Ginobili in God mode, an improved parker, and better Nazr.

No, another commissioner will also prefer the Lakers, it just makes business sense. And letting gambling brothers win a championship will be bad for league image. If the league was perfectly impartial, then yes, the Kings would have won it all that year.

No, Malone will choke in game 7 anyways.

Thread
03-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I think the entire 09 playoffs was filled with what ifs

Bend over. I'll fill ya with fucking what if.

KaiRMD1
03-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Bend over. I'll fill ya with fucking what if.

No thank you, I am not gay

Latarian Milton
03-21-2013, 09:16 AM
JET carried his team to the W in 2011 and managed to rescue his team from what could've turned out to be a replica of the 06' finals. lincoln nigga also had a great game that night but i don't think that would've been enough to win them the game. JET was man of the match in game 6 and that was one of the most brilliant performances by a single player in the history of NBA finals tbh

Thread
03-21-2013, 09:43 AM
No thank you, I am not gay

ha-rumpf!