PDA

View Full Version : Rule Changes

Spur-Addict
03-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Offensive players cannot lead with the crown of the helmet outside of the tackle box

AND

The Tuck Rule is eliminated

Agree or Disagree?

J.T.
03-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Helmet rule is going to be hard as fuck to officiate. Like replacement refs bad.

I can also see the Tuck Rule getting the ax leading to a new rule a few years down the line where you can't hit the QB at all when he's trying to throw.

Lincoln
03-20-2013, 03:05 PM
This fucks Marshawn.

Trill Clinton
03-20-2013, 04:50 PM
what about the pussy ass db's who lead with the crown of their helmet when making a tackle???

cosign everything eatdapussy said in this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw_l7BaQHfY

Chinook
03-20-2013, 05:24 PM
I like the rule. I'm tired of seeing receivers lower their helmets into defenders knowing that the worst than can happen is a no-call. Running backs and others who are concerned that this rule is going to change the way they run, well ... welcome to the defensive players' mindset of a few years ago. If you're trying to break a tackle by throwing your head into someone like Steven Ridley did, you've been using improper technique this whole time.

Spur-Addict
03-21-2013, 10:25 AM
They have to be able to lower their pad level to some extent. Everything happens so fast as well. But since it's outside the tackle box, it makes it more reasonable to regulate something that to some extent is conciously premeditated. But it certainly hurts the power backs in second level situations, especially when encountering LBs who drop in coverage.

Raven
03-21-2013, 05:22 PM
i kinda like it, it evens the odds a little after defenders got screwed..

Avante
03-22-2013, 04:25 AM
I was a running back and never even considered ramming my head into anyone, it's stupid. Great way to break your fucking neck. Any back thinking he's a ram is an idiot. Yes I know the great Earl Campbell was a battering ram, and now the guy can't even bend over and tie his shoes. I never saw Jim Brown lower his head.

LnGrrrR
03-22-2013, 08:05 AM
I was a running back and never even considered ramming my head into anyone, it's stupid. Great way to break your fucking neck. Any back thinking he's a ram is an idiot. Yes I know the great Earl Campbell was a battering ram, and now the guy can't even bend over and tie his shoes. I never saw Jim Brown lower his head.

In this thread: Avante actually makes a decent point. Will it suck for running backs? Sure. But I'd rather keep them from concussing themselves, even if it means changing the game.

manufan10
03-22-2013, 09:23 AM
For safety reasons, I'm fine with the rule. However, it's going to end up being one of those rules that the refs screw up consistently i.e., roughing the passer, defenseless receiver.