PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Dream Playoffs Match-ups: (from a Spurstalk perspective)

Killakobe81
03-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Here are mine ...what are yours and why?

1. Spurs vs. Heat: Besides Harlem who wins either way I suppose ... I would enjoy the break up of the San Antonio Heat. Plus we get to see KL's lock down defense on the most dominant single player since Shaq. I put this #1 because some folks falsely think it would be a series
2. LAkers vs. Spurs: The series that will re-establish the Lakers Trinity: (Cully, Luva Kool) or send bandwagon Lakers fans to the hills. Plus the meltdown upstairs would be epic ...if the Lakers can pull a Memphis (this is my real #1)
3. OKC vs. Clips: Thunderup and CLippernation one will meltdown one will be embolden with false hope ...
4. Spurs vs. OKC: The we dont get no love crowd vs. the No we dont get too many freebies fanbase ...
5. Den vs. LAC: A Monkey Ball showdown for the ages ...especially if Karl unleashes Javel McGee Ty vs. Paul, Faried vs. Blake

If we could get any 3 of those 5 we would have a great playoffs and some epic trash talk in the forum ...

DMC
03-21-2013, 10:39 PM
Spurs vs Heat cannot happen in the playoffs, only in the Finals.

Killakobe81
03-21-2013, 10:42 PM

I get that, to me the Finals is the last stage of the playoffs ...but thanks Capt Obvious ...

hater
03-21-2013, 10:44 PM
SpUrS hEaT of course that means spurs reach the ultimate goal of losing to the Heat in the Finals

ElNono
03-21-2013, 10:46 PM
1. Spurs vs Anybody in the East: We made it to the Finals, biotch!
2. OKC vs Spurs: Rematch of last year's WCF... was the beard the difference maker?
3. LAL vs LAC: Just watching CP3 nail the Lakeshow to the tree of woe would be hilarious, especially after Basketball Reasons
4. Rockets vs Memphis: The curiosity of watching polar opposites. All offense vs All defense.

hater
03-21-2013, 10:47 PM
2. OKC vs Spurs: Rematch of last year's WCF... was the beard the difference maker?
3. LAL vs LAC: Just watching CP3 nail the Lakeshow to the tree of woe would be hilarious, especially after Basketball Reasons
4. Rockets vs Memphis: The curiosity of watching polar opposites. All offense vs All defense.

agree with all except #4. we've seen it last year in Clips vs. Grizz. but this time Grizz would probably grind it out.

racm
03-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Grizzlies would need Tony Allen not to foul out to have a chance of stopping the Rockets imho

ElNono
03-21-2013, 10:50 PM
agree with all except #4. we've seen it last year in Clips vs. Grizz. but this time Grizz would probably grind it out.

Well, that was a pretty good series last season, actually. Obviously, no Ru:loly G:loly now, so Memphis probably wins. But I think Houston is actually even more offense-dependent than last season's Clippers. Plus you have Harden who is a foul-drawing machine, which I think would throw a wrench on Memphis defense.

Killakobe81
03-21-2013, 10:52 PM

I get that niccas will talk shit no matter who beats Lakers ...but I was thinking more along the lines which potential series would provide the best trash talk and/or game threads. We only have one reall supposed Clipper fan and honestly I wouldnt mind seeing teh Clippers do well, so it wont get much trash talk out of me ...
To me the best era of this forum was when Pistons/Spurs/Mavs were strong and played series against each other. And of course LAkers vs. Spurs ...
(I only lurked when the Spurs/Pistons were in the Finals but the threads were awesome it was part of what drew me here, that and the Kobe hate)

hater
03-21-2013, 10:53 PM
tbh If lakers make the playoffs All West playoff series will be must sees

but the East will be shit once again

ElNono
03-21-2013, 10:59 PM
I get that niccas will talk shit no matter who beats Lakers ...but I was thinking more along the lines which potential series would provide the best trash talk and/or game threads. We only have one reall supposed Clipper fan and honestly I wouldnt mind seeing teh Clippers do well, so it wont get much trash talk out of me ...
To me the best era of this forum was when Pistons/Spurs/Mavs were strong and played series against each other. And of course LAkers vs. Spurs ...
(I only lurked when the Spurs/Pistons were in the Finals but the threads were awesome it was part of what drew me here, that and the Kobe hate)

I just don't see much upset potential in the 1st round. The top 4 West teams are leaps and bounds better than the bottom 4. Don't know you can talk too much trash when you're beating a retard, tbh.

Killakobe81
03-21-2013, 11:06 PM
I just don't see much upset potential in the 1st round. The top 4 West teams are leaps and bounds better than the bottom 4. Don't know you can talk too much trash when you're beating a retard, tbh.

But then you prove my point why would you say Lakers Clippers if the top 4 teams are so much better? Only reason why I put Lakers/Spurs is because the hard-on your fanbase has for the Lakers and the Kobe obsession ...

But not many saw 1 vs. 8 either of the 3 times (IIRC) it happened. Sure the LAkers and Rockets dont look like much, no doubt. But Harden and Kobe are the type of players that can catch fire ...and Asik and Howard can protect the rim. IF spurs or OKC is missing 3's an upset is POSSIBLE even if unlikely

Fergie The Florists
03-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Just wanna watch good playoff bball. Once the scrub ass teams get curbstomped ( Bucks, Lakers) then the real playoffs begin in the 2nd round.

Jacob1983
03-21-2013, 11:16 PM
I would say I'd like to see the Bucks and Spurs in the Finals or the Bucks and Kings in the Finals. I'm pretty sure a Finals matchup that featured those teams would set the NBA back at least 5 years.

ElNono
03-21-2013, 11:18 PM
But then you prove my point why would you say Lakers Clippers if the top 4 teams are so much better? Only reason why I put Lakers/Spurs is because the hard-on your fanbase has for the Lakers and the Kobe obsession ...

Actually, make that top 5, although I still have my doubts about Denver's playoff potential. I think they're going to be heavily reliant on home court.

I'm saying Lakers vs Clippers because 3,4,5 and 6,7,8 are basically interchangeable right now. You could easily have the Lakers finish 6th and the Clippers 3rd, triggering that matchup. I just think it's no fluke there's a 10 game difference between the 5th and the 6th. There really is that much quality difference, despite some team vs team matchup that might arise. And obviously in the eventuality that it does happen, I'm fairly sure the Clippers would smash that ass.

But I not many saw 1 vs. 8 either of the 3 times it happened. Sure the LAkers and Rockets dont look like much, no doubt. But Harden and Kobe are the type of players that can catch fire ...and Asik and Howard can protect the rim. IF spurs or OKC is missing 3's an upset is POSSIBLE even if unlikely

I don't see it barring some fluke injury. Lakers might have a better shot if Kobe remains injured (just like Memphis that time had Gay injured), but they have no defense to speak of. Also back then Memphis actually tanked, they were a better seed than 8th. That's not happening now. Harden will win the Rockets a game or even two, but it will be highly dependent on who they face.

Killakobe81
03-21-2013, 11:27 PM
Actually, make that top 5, although I still have my doubts about Denver's playoff potential. I think they're going to be heavily reliant on home court.

I'm saying Lakers vs Clippers because 3,4,5 and 6,7,8 are basically interchangeable right now. You could easily have the Lakers finish 6th and the Clippers 3rd, triggering that matchup. I just think it's no fluke there's a 10 game difference between the 5th and the 6th. There really is that much quality difference, despite some team vs team matchup that might arise. And obviously in the eventuality that it does happen, I'm fairly sure the Clippers would smash that ass.

I don't see it barring some fluke injury. Lakers might have a better shot if Kobe remains injured (just like Memphis that time had Gay injured), but they have no defense to speak of. Also back then Memphis actually tanked, they were a better seed than 8th. That's not happening now. Harden will win the Rockets a game or even two, but it will be highly dependent on who they face.

That is pretty stupid. LAkers would have no shot without Kobe. I agree he will need to be a balanced player for them to win and only chuck when he is hot ...
But when people say stupid stuff like that you have to be trolling or know dick about ball ... so I hope you are trolling.

Killakobe81
03-21-2013, 11:29 PM
I also thought Lakers were missing playoffs, El ...now we gonna finish 6th?

jeebus
03-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Oh he's paying for his basketball reasons.

Chinook
03-21-2013, 11:35 PM
I want to see Denver vs OKC in the WCSF. Refs vs altitude. Hopefully it would go seven while the Spurs play a nice five-game series against the Clippers.

ElNono
03-21-2013, 11:39 PM
That is pretty stupid. LAkers would have no shot without Kobe. I agree he will need to be a balanced player for them to win and only chuck when he is hot ...
But when people say stupid stuff like that you have to be trolling or know dick about ball ... so I hope you are trolling.

Well, what do you think?

I'll own up to it when they actually make it (which seems likely now)

That said, there's a huge difference between crawling into the playoffs because 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are garbage vs 'Kirby can get hot, watch out!'

Kirby been 'hot' all season, and that record isn't a fluke. That team has much bigger problems than a player getting 'hot'. If you're telling me Jamison, Meeks, Metta and all those scrubs will get 'hot' at the same time, I have some beach property in Idaho to sell you...

Arcadian
03-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Spurs-Lakers, so we can pound that ass one more time and establish Duncan/Spurs superiority for good and send Kobe into a bitter, painful retirement.

ElNono
03-22-2013, 12:05 AM
tbh, I understand that it's very difficult for Lakerfan to accept their team sucks this year. I also know they have nothing to lose by talking shit until they're basically 0-3 or 1-3 down facing elimination. And I wouldn't put it past some Lakerfan to gain solace in the moral victory of Kirby winning one or two games in the only round they're going to play. But that's just who they are this season.

Killakobe81
03-22-2013, 12:19 AM
tbh, I understand that it's very difficult for Lakerfan to accept their team sucks this year. I also know they have nothing to lose by talking shit until they're basically 0-3 or 1-3 down facing elimination. And I wouldn't put it past some Lakerfan to gain solace in the moral victory of Kirby winning one or two games in the only round they're going to play. But that's just who they are this season.

We are what our record says we are ... still doesnt change the fact I would enjoy a shot at the Spurs. And despite all the false bravado some of you bitches are a just a little bit scared of facing the Lakers. And no we dont need Metta etc to get hot to beat the Spurs. IF Kobe Dwight Nash Pau and JAmison can give us scoring ...that is plenty rest are just role players. Same as Neal, Green etc.

ElNono
03-22-2013, 01:08 AM
We are what our record says we are ... still doesnt change the fact I would enjoy a shot at the Spurs. And despite all the false bravado some of you bitches are a just a little bit scared of facing the Lakers. And no we dont need Metta etc to get hot to beat the Spurs. IF Kobe Dwight Nash Pau and JAmison can give us scoring ...that is plenty rest are just role players. Same as Neal, Green etc.

You sound kinda salty mad, tbh, but I understand... you'll probably have your 'shot' like the past two seasons... but unlike those seasons, this is actually a worse team (IMO anyways). Eventually, reality sinks in.

Offense won't get it done, Killa. You, above all, should know these things. Over a 7 game series, it's all about making the stops when it matters, and you don't have the personnel, the coach or the system to get it done. It's not just the Lakeshow, BTW, Rockets, Dubs, even arguably Denver all have the same problem. It's particularly damning on your team because your coach is a joke when it comes to that, Nash is old and uninterested in that side of the court, Jamison is a scrub, Kobe likes to 'roam', Metta can't move worth a shit and thinks he can shoot, and both Pau and Dwight aren't right. Dwight being a free throw cancer also kills any semblance of offensive momentum. Like I said, it's just who they are this season.

IMO, it's all about recognizing what your ceiling is. Barring any injury that would open the door to any team (and the Spurs certainly have had the injury bug fairly often), the Spurs ceiling is probably the WCF like last season, maybe Finals if Kevin Martin is a bust. But it's going to be a monumental task to get to either and a lot of things will have to go right too.

I look at the top 5 in the West right now, and I can't say with a straight face the Lakers have a shot at any of them (again, if they're all healthy). I would even go further and tell you they have no shot of even being competitive against SA, OKC and probably Memphis. I think Del Negro could make it interesting, but that's as far as I'm gonna go. Denver, as I said, not sold on their playoffs prowess yet, but I think they would win...

Now, you could say "look at this cocky guy" or "troll", but the Lakers had 82 games to show who they are. We didn't arrive here out of thin air. They have improved from bottom feeder to 1st round fodder since the All-Star break. And since the "improvement", they've been handily beaten by the teams that matter (Clippers, OKC, Denver).

Maybe they'll improve in the last 5 weeks by leaps and bounds. They'll definitely be tested by Memphis and the Clippers again early next month. Good luck with that.

Riddler
03-22-2013, 08:34 AM
I think Killakobe is delusional, thinking anyone is scared of a D'antoni coached team :lol

Phillip
03-22-2013, 09:15 AM

1. Spurs vs. Heat: Besides Harlem who wins either way I suppose ... I would enjoy the break up of the San Antonio Heat. Plus we get to see KL's lock down defense on the most dominant single player since Shaq. I put this #1 because some folks falsely think it would be a series

:lol gnsf

tlongII
03-22-2013, 10:18 AM
I would like to see the Blazers overtake the Lakers for the 8th seed on the last day of the regular season.

spurraider21
03-22-2013, 01:35 PM
1) Spurs-Heat. we made it to the finals. Miami is the best team in the league, but screw it. lets throw down :ihit
2) Spurs-Lakers. tired of hearing about how "dangerous" the lakers are and how "nobody wants to play them." first round sweep or 5 games at best
3) Spurs - OKC. revenge. expose westbrick in closing moments without harden to be the savior. Tiago will go full Drago mode on them
4) Lakers - Clippers. living in LA, this would be the talk of town. both Laker and Clipper fans are absolutely dying for this matchup. Clippers want to put the nail in the Lakers coffin and officially surpass them (for now. i know, ringzzzz. but as far as which team is better now). on the flipside, the lakers want to punk little brother and remind them who really runs LA. Plus, I want to see Kemp ride Bible Kemp, errr.... Blake ride Dwight like a Donkey gasol style.
5) Rox - Nuggets. offense vs offense

irishock
03-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Lakers vs Spurs is by far #1. Fans of the losers of the series will disappear until the offseason.

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Oh he's paying for his basketball reasons.

I find that pic in your sig to be so offensive...but I like that....:lol I can only imagine what it would be like for me to own white slaves...that shit would be epic....in all honesty if the roles were reversed and I was a black european who owned white slaves from Africa...I would probably be fucking the shit of their white women...but I just don't think I would have the heart to turn around and kill my interracial babies...I just couldn't see myself doing that...

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2013, 01:48 PM

2. LAkers vs. Spurs: The series that will re-establish the Lakers Trinity: (Cully, Luva Kool) or send bandwagon Lakers fans to the hills. Plus the meltdown upstairs would be epic ...if the Lakers can pull a Memphis (this is my real #1)
3. OKC vs. Clips: Thunderup and CLippernation one will meltdown one will be embolden with false hope ...
4. Spurs vs. OKC: The we dont get no love crowd vs. the No we dont get too many freebies fanbase ...
5. Den vs. LAC: A Monkey Ball showdown for the ages ...especially if Karl unleashes Javel McGee Ty vs. Paul, Faried vs. Blake

If we could get any 3 of those 5 we would have a great playoffs and some epic trash talk in the forum ...

nigga please between me Luva and Cully you got life and bullshit all fucked up regarding a bandwagons....but it is my number 1 dream scenario...I live and die by the sword...so I covet the thought of us getting whatever seed that will allow us to play the Spurs win or lose....the risk is so worth the reward...for I will shoot HOT HOT HOT magma / lava into Spur fan ass once the Lakers win...

For the finals it has to be Lebron...man I will be a good guy for the rest of my life if Kobe in the 8th play-off spot can beat Duncan and then go on to beat Lebron in the finals... I will never live foul again if my wish is granted....I wil call my parents up and tell then to donate all of the money (trust, 401k, pension, investments) they plan to leave me upon their deaths (at least 8-9) million I believe..I will give it all up for this reality....

Latarian Milton
03-22-2013, 08:56 PM
spurs vs OKC ain't gonna happen in the playoffs either, shit will only happen in the conference finals or conference semi-finals imho

ambchang
03-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Would love to see Spurs vs. Lakers in the first round. Because after the series, Duncan to Kobe H2H in the playoffs will be 1-1.

TrainOfThought5
03-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Just wanna watch good playoff bball. Once the scrub ass teams get curbstomped ( Bucks, Lakers) then the real playoffs begin in the 2nd round.

DMC
09-21-2013, 02:51 PM
:lol gnsf

Phillip

spurraider21
09-21-2013, 03:57 PM
nigga please between me Luva and Cully you got life and bullshit all fucked up regarding a bandwagons....but it is my number 1 dream scenario...I live and die by the sword...so I covet the thought of us getting whatever seed that will allow us to play the Spurs win or lose....the risk is so worth the reward...for I will shoot HOT HOT HOT magma / lava into Spur fan ass once the Lakers win...

For the finals it has to be Lebron...man I will be a good guy for the rest of my life if Kobe in the 8th play-off spot can beat Duncan and then go on to beat Lebron in the finals... I will never live foul again if my wish is granted....I wil call my parents up and tell then to donate all of the money (trust, 401k, pension, investments) they plan to leave me upon their deaths (at least 8-9) million I believe..I will give it all up for this reality....
:lmao:rollin:lmao:rollin:lmao

Clipper Nation
09-21-2013, 04:25 PM

The Begging :lol