PDA

View Full Version : So I'm walking out of the.....

Avante
03-22-2013, 02:59 AM
...supermarket when I notice one of those machines that spits out stickers and sports cards. 50 cents for a card. I just happened to have two quarters....Devin Hester rookie. I felt pretty good about that, that's gotta be 5/6 buck card??? He is without question the best return man ever. Which got me thinking about the great return guys over the years. I have no doubt that if Darrel Green had of returned kicks (other than a few) he'd be the one getting all his records broken by Hester.While at Texas A&I he ran a 10.08 100m, which was among the top times ran that year in the world.

Dante Hall, Brian Mitchell, Gale Sayers, Travis Williams, Mel Gray, Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, Josh Cribbs. Ollie Matson. Eric Metcalf. Jacoby Jones, Trindon Holliday, Desmond Howard, Nolan "Super Gnat" Smith, Buddy Young all deserve mention.

One of the more unusual situations was when Jimmy Brown first came into the league, he was returning kickoffs, a 235 pound fullback returning kicks..??? Back then it wasn't all that to have starters returning kicks, just not 235 pounders. His teammate Bobby Mitchell was also a great return man, Mitchell a Big10 sprint/hurdle champ.

Then there was...

PxRepBi1Hiw

U1Ms_37TWBI

RxW2mL8BbOA

zdJZLeT78cM

Can white dudes return kicks? Well there has never been a great one at the NFL level, but a few good ones like....Tim Dwight, "Jaguar" Jon Arnet, Hugh "The King" McElhenny, then we had....

69sEAEe2yGM