3 -- Kobe Bryant
4 -- Dwyane Wade
5 -- Chris Paul
6 Ty Lawson
7 Carmelo Anthony
8 Russell Westbrook
9 Marc Gasol
10 James Harden

No Tony (okay, he's been hurt but so has Kobe...).

But what's more ridiculous? Marc Gasol but no Duncan? Nor is Duncan (or TP) in the "Next Five" at the bottom of the article.

Of the top 3 teams:

Miami has 2 on the list. OKC 2 on the list. Spurs? None.

Okay, just venting.... The media give us no love. But we all knew that...

Richie
03-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Injured players automatically drop out of the list. Same happened to Chris Paul when he got injured.

To be fair Parker was up to 2nd on the list before his injury. Duncan is probably an oversight, but if he has another couple big games this week he will likely be on there next week.

BillMc
03-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Injured players automatically drop out of the list. Same happened to Chris Paul when he got injured.

To be fair Parker was up to 2nd on the list before his injury. Duncan is probably an oversight, but if he has another couple big games this week he will likely be on there next week.

Thanks for clarifying on the injured issue.:toast (THough why is Kobe still there?)

That said, Gasol over Duncan had me seeing red.

mrjap2x
03-22-2013, 08:55 PM
Lol, I read that most of the time and unless its a season ending (Rajon Rondo) they won't drop it or so does the bloggers says. Not sure if I can quote since its the same page everytime but updated.

SanDiegoSpursFan
03-22-2013, 08:57 PM
They had Kobe over Durant and Parker at one point

LarryDavid
03-22-2013, 10:21 PM
:cry:cry:cry:cry No respect from the media :cry:cry:cry:cry

TheGoldStandard
03-22-2013, 10:30 PM
I don't even understand how Russell Westbrook would be considered a value to his team, the guy undermines everything that Durant tries to do and is a detriment to winning.

KaiRMD1
03-22-2013, 10:40 PM
I don't understand how Kobe is even on the list. They give you a chance as MVP if you chuck shots? Then I see Westbrook and realize this list makes no sense. Damien Lillard should be ahead of Westbrook lmao

Obstructed_View
03-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Carmelo's missed more games than Parker has.

D-rob fan
03-23-2013, 01:31 AM
Yeah, I remember when he got injured, the very next rankings commented that they dropped him completely because he was injured. In my opinion, now that parker is back, its only fair to put him back in. I mean Chris Paul and he have missed a similar number of games. Which gets me thinking that some writers will be oblivious to this when talking about who has been the better PG so far this season and put CP3 ahead of TP for the sole reason that TP missed games

Kidd K
03-23-2013, 02:23 AM
The biggest joke about that list is Kobe being so high. Okay sure, they obviously want Kobe on their precious list. . .but #3? Get the fuck out of here with that terrible shit.

Foreboding that Kobe's going to get voted all defensive team again when he hasn't played good D' in 5 years? :\

Anyway, I understand TP wasn't on the list because he was hurt, but now that he's back he should rightfully be back on that list and at least #5 above every other PG imo. Missing a few games shouldn't drop him into oblivion when he's been better than every other PG in the NBA this year.

Josepatches_
03-23-2013, 04:26 AM
The list is garbage but at the end there is only one MVP

therealtruth
03-23-2013, 05:16 AM
The good record w/o TP doesn't help his chances.

therealtruth
03-23-2013, 05:17 AM
Yeah, I remember when he got injured, the very next rankings commented that they dropped him completely because he was injured. In my opinion, now that parker is back, its only fair to put him back in. I mean Chris Paul and he have missed a similar number of games. Which gets me thinking that some writers will be oblivious to this when talking about who has been the better PG so far this season and put CP3 ahead of TP for the sole reason that TP missed games

The Clippers fell apart when Paul was out.

Captivus
03-23-2013, 07:15 AM
Carmelo's missed more games than Parker has.

Carmelo shouldn't be on any list...he is just an NBA player...nothing much, nothing special, very good player but that's it.

ohmwrecker
03-23-2013, 09:25 AM
:lmao Kobe

jestersmash
03-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Of the top 8 seeds in the West and top 8 seeds in the east, only 3 teams have no representatives on the MVP ladder list (including their "next 5") - San Antonio (West rank 1), Chicago (East rank 6), and Milwaukee (East rank 8)

TD 21
03-23-2013, 09:54 PM
It's funny how you've always had to be on an elite team to be an MVP candidate . . . until now. Conveniently, when it's Bryant/a Laker involved, that goes out the window.

Based on the way things have always been done, beyond the likely top three of James, Durant and Paul, the only other players who should be in contention to fill out the five man ballot, are Parker, Duncan and Wade.

AussieFanKurt
03-23-2013, 10:06 PM
who gives a fuck.. media are imbeciles.. tony and tim wouldn't give two shits

Da Spurs
03-23-2013, 10:39 PM
I guess y'all didn't hear. But Lebron already has the award wrapped up so this all a bunch of needless bullshit banter.

CGD
03-23-2013, 11:00 PM
:cry:cry:cry:cry No respect from the media :cry:cry:cry:cry

mystargtr34
03-23-2013, 11:10 PM
1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Parker
4. Paul
5. Harden

tbh.. imagine the Rockets without Harden :lol