PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Mike D'antoni just had a Jim Mora nervous breakdown in the post conference

Thebesteva
03-23-2013, 12:21 AM
Anyone watching? Some reporter asked him about title hopes and he responded,

"Championship?!! That's laughable."

:lol Well played Phoenix Suns...internal implosion of Lakers organization completed

Mugen
03-23-2013, 12:24 AM
"If the General doesn't panic, the troops won't panic."

- Shaquille O'Neal

midnightpulp
03-23-2013, 12:24 AM
Anyone watching? Some reporter asked him about title hopes and he responded,

"Championship?!! That's laughable."

:lol Well played Phoenix Suns...internal implosion of Lakers organization completed

Props to him for not being a deluded idiot.

I also think the Lakers should have just shelved Gasol for the rest of the season and playoffs. Like I've been saying all year, he's just a horrible fit, injured or healthy. Now that he's back in the starting lineup, Clark and Jamison's roles are reduced. Not a good thing for a team that needs shooting and athleticism.

HI-FI
03-23-2013, 12:25 AM
I saw it. He was pretty riled up.

according to D12, this is all a carefully staged tanking to match up with the Spurs. so in that ultra retarded context, D'antoni was putting on a Daniel Day Lewis performance.

Reck
03-23-2013, 12:26 AM
LOL pringles sure knows how to motivate owners to toss him on the streets.

Still with such assembled cast of players is hard to not be on his side on this one.

HI-FI
03-23-2013, 12:28 AM
D'Antoni will be the scapegoat of this team, and he certainly deserves blame, but I think Kupchak and Kobe deserve more of it.

Reck
03-23-2013, 12:29 AM

I also think the Lakers should have just shelved Gasol for the rest of the season and playoffs. Like I've been saying all year, he's just a horrible fit, injured or healthy. Now that he's back in the starting lineup, Clark and Jamison's roles are reduced. Not a good thing for a team that needs shooting and athleticism.

You can just tell how digusted pringles is with Gasol. Such deep seated hatred. :lol

I think he would rather play 4 on 5 if it means benching Gasol for life. lol

Mao Zedong
03-23-2013, 12:31 AM
Not Kupchak's fault. I blame Jim Buss and his barman friend that plays as scout for the Lakers (you think it's a joke, but it's not. It's actually true)

Seriously, elder Buss is right now turning on his grave.

Thebesteva
03-23-2013, 12:33 AM
Not Kupchak's fault. I blame Jim Buss and his barman friend that plays as scout for the Lakers (you think it's a joke, but it's not. It's actually true)

Seriously, elder Buss is right now turning on his grave.

This...Mitch did what was neccesary. He got D12 and a PG that somewhat made sense at the time. Jim Buss is one of the most hated men in all of LA...maybe undeservingely, but he is. If Jim Buss wanted to make a name for himself as the Lakers owner he sure has done a great job at it

racm
03-23-2013, 12:34 AM

Tbf, while D'Antoni is a buffoon as a coach, he's a pretty upstanding fellow. As far as he's concerned, Jim Buss is paying him to let the Lakers shoot 3s and let Kobe get his touches in the 4th quarter.

Baseline
03-23-2013, 01:20 AM
Realistically, what can D'Antoni do when Bryant plays like a schizophrenic? He tries to distribute for whatever part of the game he feels like doing it, then shoots every time he touches the ball in the 4th quarter. And he does all this while Nash is on the court. By the way, Nash is a Hall of Fame point guard. Bryant is not efficient at anything. He's a volume shooter, so he's not efficient at scoring, and certainly not distributing with the multitude of turnovers he commits. He's a consistent chucker...I'll give him that much. Howard was what, 9-10 tonight from the field? And Bryant was 8-18, which for him is actually a good night.

Splits
03-23-2013, 01:21 AM
Anyone have a link to this? Heard he was mocking his players for breaking huddle with "championship"

Mel_13
03-23-2013, 01:31 AM
Mike D'Antoni's furious postgame quotes, Part I

Man alive, was the Lakers' head coach pissed off after a pathetic 103-100 to the Wizards!!! Here's just a sample of the rant.

"What happened was we didn't play hard enough. We think we can just figure things out and just point. I mean, Trevor Ariza's got 12 attempts at 3 and he's wide open. That's inexcusable and it's just a matter of lapses or gambling or 'I'm not gonna play hard tonight because we're just gonna outscore them.' That's why we dug ourselves a hole first here, and now we're digging it again... We'll talk about it and we'll try to change it around, but we gotta have some effort out there. Mental effort mostly."

On how much it bothers him that effort is an issue at this point in the season

"A lot. There's no explanation for it. I don't know. I can't explain it, but every time we get up 16, it's like, 'Oh, we're really good and we don't have to play hard.' And we start messing with the game. You start messing with not moving the ball. You start messing with 'I'm just gonna go 1-on-1 every time.' You start messing with the basketball Gods and they get you. That ball will roll around and go in for them and it'll roll around and go out for us, because we're messing with the game.

"And if we don't change that, well, obviously we won't make the playoffs. But even if we do, then we'll get blown out in the playoffs. You can't be a fairly good team without passing the basketball and without understanding what we're doing defensively and honing in and doing it. You can't do it. You can't do it. It's impossible."

On whether he's dealt with this situation before as a coach:

"Well, no. Most of the time, it's just bad teams and they can't do it. This is a good team that just for whatever can't collectively, mentally, get stimulated to do it every time. And I told them in (the locker room), we put our hands in (the huddle), and you've guys have probably seen it, we say 'Championship!" and go out there. And that's laughable. Championship? You gotta be kidding me.

"Until they understand the importance of every possession offensively and defensively, and every time, they gotta come out with some kind of determination to be a good basketball team, then we're just fooling ourselves. And right now, that's what we're doing. We're making sham-mockery of it, or whatever that is."

Mike D'Antoni's furious postgame quotes, Part II

The Lakers coach was not a happy camper after an inexcusable 103-100 loss to the Wizards. I already transcribed a large chunk of the rant (and ICYMI, click here: http://sulia.com/chann...). Here's the remaining bit of what was shown during Time Warner Cable SportsNet's postgame coverage:

On whether this loss will light a fire under the team and cure the complacency issue:

"Yeah, that's a good question. Give me about a million bucks on that question. I don't know. I have no idea. It's happened 85 times so you would think sooner or later they'll get the message. But no, no. Just as soon as we get a little bit, like, a 16-point lead or, "Oh, we're ahead one game of Utah. Now it's a breeze. Everybody says we're in the playoffs. We're one game ahead.' Well, guess what? We're still one game ahead.

"You can't mess with the game as you can't mess with the season as you can't mess with the schedule. You gotta go out and you gotta beat Phoenix. You gotta beat Atlanta. You gotta beat these teams. You gotta come ready to play. We don't all the time. And we might come ready, but by halftime, it might be gone. Or we might come out at halftime and be okay, but then the fourth quarter, it's gone. Somewhere, somebody's gonna have to say, 'Enough's enough and let's play! Every possession!'

"But no, we don't. We don't."

Is this a matter of defense rather than offense?

"No. It's all tied together. It has nothing to do with defense or offense. It has to do with how we approach the game mentally, how we're playing the game, and are we a team or not? Are we gonna play hard on every possession or not? And that's something we're gonna have to learn real quick from now until Monday. Because we go on the road. We've got four games in the row that one's more important than the other. All of them. We've got to win them all. And hopefully, we can change it around. They can surprise me, no doubt about it. Because they have it. They just gotta turn it on."

http://sulia.com/channel/la-lakers/f/f338286f-0a71-4517-ac00-219b8f2642d6/?source=twitter

hater
03-23-2013, 01:34 AM
Season starts next game?

Thebesteva
03-23-2013, 01:42 AM
Anyone have a link to this? Heard he was mocking his players for breaking huddle with "championship"

Waiting for it as well. Keep searching

Mel_13
03-23-2013, 01:51 AM
Audio:

https://soundcloud.com/kambrothers/mike-dantoni-3-22-post

Splits
03-23-2013, 02:05 AM
^thx. He is a true clown. I wouldn't let him coach my middle school team. How this guy has a job in the NBA is beyond comprehension. Is English not his first language? He's got no vocabulary or idea what he's talking about. It's just rambling nonsense.

Mao Zedong
03-23-2013, 02:09 AM
He is trying to lit a fire on the Lakers collective ass. Seems a decent effort.

Thebesteva
03-23-2013, 02:14 AM
I didn't know Lakers were still doing the 1,2, championship! Huddle chant. That's kinda silly. Should be more like 1,2 playoffs!!

Splits
03-23-2013, 02:34 AM
http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2013/03/22/130322Dantonimov-2421971

scanry
03-23-2013, 02:39 AM
I didn't know Lakers were still doing the 1,2, championship! Huddle chant. That's kinda silly. Should be more like 1,2 playoffs!!

Mid going evil on them Lakers. :lol

Thebesteva
03-23-2013, 02:40 AM
http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2013/03/22/130322Dantonimov-2421971

Thanks for posting,

not sure how many of you know but Phil Jackson actually sat down for a few hours and visited the Lakers facility when Mitch wanted to hire him, as did Mike Dunleavy for the Lakers head coaching job. Mike D'antoni simply made a phone call due to the knee surgery he had, he spoke for about 15 minutes about his offense and how it would benefit the Lakers.

He himself said he was absolutely stunned when he was hired. It really shows a huge lack of leadership from Jim Buss to make that decision over a telephone...absolute embarrassment

td4mvp2k
03-23-2013, 02:48 AM
Thanks for posting,

not sure how many of you know but Phil Jackson actually sat down for a few hours and visited the Lakers facility when Mitch wanted to hire him, as did Mike Dunleavy for the Lakers head coaching job. Mike D'antoni simply made a phone call due to the knee surgery he had, he spoke for about 15 minutes about his offense and how it would benefit the Lakers.

He himself said he was absolutely stunned when he was hired. It really shows a huge lack of leadership from Jim Buss to make that decision over a telephone...absolute embarrassmentmike brown got Fd

ElNono
03-23-2013, 02:49 AM
From LG :lol

Ireland: Why do you think the team could not execute your flawless schemes tonight?

D'antoni: oh, I don't know...hahaha...it's a process, but you can go ask them. Now where's my paycheck?

Jacob1983
03-23-2013, 03:12 AM
https://www.rosterdoc.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/playoffs2.jpg

lefty
03-23-2013, 04:03 AM
I still have an autograph of d'Antoni somewhere

True story :lmao

jimbo
03-23-2013, 04:14 AM
Not like it would be much better with Phil tbh.

We gonna act like the Lakers D in 2011 wasn't just as shitty? Kobe still worked outside of the Triangle. Kobe "fuck the triangle" Bryant.

Phil Jackson was no savior, he woulda ruined his legacy if he stayed around tbh.

Thread
03-23-2013, 06:09 AM
& the solace:::By mid-June they'll be 28 others joining us in last place.

Let us proceed...

Seventyniner
03-23-2013, 08:49 AM

More like 1,2,3,4,.500!!

TDMVPDPOY
03-23-2013, 09:33 AM
who here thinks antoni is tankn on purpose to draw the spurs cause of his history beef with the sperms?

djohn2oo8
03-23-2013, 09:41 AM
who here thinks antoni is tankn on purpose to draw the spurs cause of his history beef with the sperms?

They have hardly beat any good teams the entire season. So you think they tanked all season?

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-23-2013, 10:04 AM
1-2-3-championship? Time to start taking bets on who goes NVE on them.