PDA

View Full Version : futbol is the most popular sport in the world and it's also the fastest growing

apalisoc_9
03-23-2013, 03:55 AM
in the world:wow

I don't think soccer was as popular before tbh. Eastern Asian countries weren't even that interested. Japan started their league in 94, and soccer was irrelevant in korea despite the 60's.

India is getting in the act.

In basketball dominant country like the philippines, their shitty soccer national team gets more attention than their other shitty basketball team...

Do you guys think that one day futbol would be number 1 in every country?

I can maybe count with my fingers countries that don't have futbol in their top 2 team sport, so persoanlly, i think this is possible.

lefty
03-23-2013, 03:58 AM
Futbol has always been the most popular sport in the World

And Korea was in the 86 WC

TBH

apalisoc_9
03-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Futbol has always been the most popular sport in the World

And Korea was in the 86 WC

TBH

It is. Korea also got to the quarters in the 60's..My point is that, baseball has pretty much been the number 1 sport and pretty much dominated the attention in both japan and korea.

The point i'm trying to make is that, futbol is inching closer to winning nations that previously dint give a fck damn about soccer. ( Korea, Japan, India, Philippines,) That's a lot of people tbh. I don't get why you think japan and korea are futbol nations, they're not...but the younger generations are into futbol more than baseball...

scott
03-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Don't think soccer can ever become more popular than American Football in the US, but I think it's definitely capable of taking over basketball and baseball (it's already surpassed hockey) in the next 20-30 years.

One reason I think FIFA made a mistake in passing over the US for the world cup in 2022 is that event could have pushed the US further forward towards being a big futbol nation.

symple19
03-26-2013, 08:09 AM
in other news... Water is wet, ice is cold, fire is hot.

more at 11

Relevancy
03-26-2013, 10:32 AM
It is, every time I take a trip to Mexico that's about the only thing you'll see kids playing outside, but I'm sure in many other areas too.

lefty
03-26-2013, 05:56 PM
in other news... Water is wet, ice is cold, fire is hot.

more at 11
:lol