PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: D'Antoni rips Kobe

StrengthAndHonor
03-23-2013, 11:36 AM
(Indirectly)

"This is a good team that just for whatever reason can't collectively mentally get stimulated to [play hard] every time," D'Antoni said. "I told them today, we put our hands in [the huddle], and you guys have probably seen it, we say, 'Championship,' and go out [on the floor]. That's laughable. Championship? You got to be kidding me. Nobody understands the importance of every possession offensively and defensively. Every time they got to come out with some kind of determination to be a good basketball team, and [until] then, we're just, we're fooling ourselves. Right now, that's what we're doing. We're just making a 'sham-mockery' out of it."

The Lakers went to Kobe Bryant down the stretch, but in the final two minutes, Bryant missed four of the five jumpers he took, including an attempt that would have tied the game as time expired.

"I can't explain it, but every time we get up 16 [points], it's like, 'Well, we're really good and we don't have to play hard,' and we start messing with the game,” D’Antoni said. “You start messing with not moving the ball. You start messing with, 'I'm just going to go one-on-one every time.' You start messing with the basketball gods, and they get you.

"That ball will roll around and go in for [the opponent] and it will roll around and go out for us because we're messing with the game. If we don't change that, obviously we won't make the playoffs, but if we do, we'll get blown out in the playoffs. You can't be a fairly good team or even a good team without passing the basketball, without understanding what we're doing defensively and honing in and doing it. You can't do it. You can't do it. It's impossible."

D’Antoni sounded coy about Lakers’ ball movement evaporating.

“I don’t know. That’s a good question,” D’Antoni said. “I wish I knew (laughs). What, you want to throw me a piece of dynamite. I’m not going there.”

“Trevor Ariza got 12 attempts on 3′s and he’s wide open,” D’Antoni said. “That’s inexcusable. It’s just a matter of lapses. gambling or I’m not going to play hard tonight because we’ll just outscore them. That’s why we dug ourselves a hole this year and we’re digging it again.”

Koolaid_Man
03-23-2013, 11:41 AM
(Indirectly)

"This is a good team that just for whatever reason can't collectively mentally get stimulated to [play hard] every time," D'Antoni said. "I told them today, we put our hands in [the huddle], and you guys have probably seen it, we say, 'Championship,' and go out [on the floor]. That's laughable. Championship? You got to be kidding me. Nobody understands the importance of every possession offensively and defensively. Every time they got to come out with some kind of determination to be a good basketball team, and [until] then, we're just, we're fooling ourselves. Right now, that's what we're doing. We're just making a 'sham-mockery' out of it."

The Lakers went to Kobe Bryant down the stretch, but in the final two minutes, Bryant missed four of the five jumpers he took, including an attempt that would have tied the game as time expired.

"I can't explain it, but every time we get up 16 [points], it's like, 'Well, we're really good and we don't have to play hard,' and we start messing with the game,” D’Antoni said. “You start messing with not moving the ball. You start messing with, 'I'm just going to go one-on-one every time.' You start messing with the basketball gods, and they get you.

"That ball will roll around and go in for [the opponent] and it will roll around and go out for us because we're messing with the game. If we don't change that, obviously we won't make the playoffs, but if we do, we'll get blown out in the playoffs. You can't be a fairly good team or even a good team without passing the basketball, without understanding what we're doing defensively and honing in and doing it. You can't do it. You can't do it. It's impossible."

D’Antoni sounded coy about Lakers’ ball movement evaporating.

“I don’t know. That’s a good question,” D’Antoni said. “I wish I knew (laughs). What, you want to throw me a piece of dynamite. I’m not going there.”

“Trevor Ariza got 12 attempts on 3′s and he’s wide open,” D’Antoni said. “That’s inexcusable. It’s just a matter of lapses. gambling or I’m not going to play hard tonight because we’ll just outscore them. That’s why we dug ourselves a hole this year and we’re digging it again.”

we didn't lose because of Kobe we lost because we decided to simply leave Ariza open...we decided to leave a guy open who was hot and had an agenda...all we had to do was defend Ariza on at least 1 of his wide open shots and we win the game...that being said we simply played down to the level of our competition that explains everything

phoenix219
03-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Kobe had the TOs.
Kobe was supposed to stick Ariza.

Mike D designed a play for Nash that was blown off.

Kobe continued to press Nash for the ball.

Kobe took 9 of the last 10 shots.

This is 100% on Kobe.

And for the record, I've been pulling for the Lakers.

Koolaid_Man
03-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Kobe had the TOs.
Kobe was supposed to stick Ariza.

Mike D designed a play for Nash that was blown off.

Kobe continued to press Nash for the ball.

Kobe took 9 of the last 10 shots.

This is 100% on Kobe.

And for the record, I've been pulling for the Lakers.

Ariza was Artest responsibility....but everyone including Kobe should have rotated and forced them to shoot 2's instead of 3's...I'm glad to see Mike D rip the fellas...I still think we'll win the title but every now and then a cold dose of reality is needed...

StrengthAndHonor
03-23-2013, 11:53 AM
we didn't lose because of Kobe we lost because we decided to simply leave Ariza open...we decided to leave a guy open who was hot and had an agenda...all we had to do was defend Ariza on at least 1 of his wide open shots and we win the game...that being said we simply played down to the level of our competition that explains everything

LMAO. Lakers were up what? 15 and they were rolling from the start. Kobe decided to shoot and the Lakers lost. Simple as that. Of the 10 shots in the 4th quarter, 8 were from Kobe, the other two were from MWP.

Dwight, Nash nor Blake never had a chance to shoot.

Kobe's a cancer.

#noCureForballhogs

Koolaid_Man
03-23-2013, 11:53 AM
and the difference between Kobe fucking up and his teammates fucking up is that Kobe can win you a series by himself..no individual teammate of his can do that...so I accept the occasional Kobe fuck up...because once he does it he then goes into a zone and get's amped up..and carries us to another title..in case you bird shit for brains haven't realized Kobe only plays his best when he's criticized severely or written off

phoenix219
03-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Kobe admits he got into a duel with Ariza.... in the 4th, it was Kobe leaving him open, not MWP.

Kobe FTL.

Koolaid_Man
03-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Kobe admits he got into a duel with Ariza.... in the 4th, it was Kobe leaving him open, not MWP.

Kobe FTL.

last I checked Ariza is a SF not a SG...also last I checked Artest is a SF and not a SG...so again Ariza was Artest's man to guard...

phoenix219
03-23-2013, 12:02 PM
cuz Kobe never plays SF, and theres never any switching on defense... lol.

ElNono
03-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Ariza was Artest responsibility...

voS4Wuj_am8

:lmao

djohn2oo8
03-23-2013, 12:51 PM
voS4Wuj_am8

:lol

HI-FI
03-23-2013, 01:22 PM
voS4Wuj_am8

I realize Koolaid is like the Method Actor of trolls, but he still should at least watch the games.

those comments do sound directed at Kobe. it must be strange for D'Antoni, Kobe always respected him growing up, but now he has to coach him, he realizes that Kobe is uncoachable.

phxspurfan
03-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Typical LA-themed performance. Good thing they won't get any kind of home court advantage seed since they play half their games like this.

benstanfield
03-23-2013, 01:51 PM
voS4Wuj_am8

It really surprises me that no coach has the balls to yank Chuck when he goes into HONOR DUEL MODE. He'd be done for the night after 1:07 if Pringles had any control of the team.

KaiRMD1
03-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Honestly, you can't have a talented team yet have one guy do all the work. It's a recipe for disaster as proven by the Lakers disastrous season thus far.

Koolaid_Man
03-23-2013, 02:07 PM
I realize Koolaid is like the Method Actor of trolls, but he still should at least watch the games.

those comments do sound directed at Kobe. it must be strange for D'Antoni, Kobe always respected him growing up, but now he has to coach him, he realizes that Kobe is uncoachable.

all that vid does is prove my point...Kobe has not played in over a week (after coming off a bad ankle) and yet he's expected to guard the best player on the floor (and it was Ariza not Wall) and guard him out of position since Kobe is a SG....therefore it's only fair that if Kobe has to guard Ariza when it's clearly Artest's job then Kobe should be allowed to take all those shots...Artest has no reason to be camped under the basket it's not like the Bullets have a low post presence...

I'm just that good that I can spin anything...and justifiably so...:toast

Koolaid_Man
03-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Hey fellas I want to change the subject...:lol

Who do you think had the biggest dick in NBA history:

Wilt
Shaq
Yao Ming
Kareem
Oden
Russell
Mutombo
Manute Bol

I say Wilt -- > http://www.pocketfives.com/f13/lol-rare-wilt-chamberlain-pics-558889/

Koolaid_Man
03-23-2013, 02:27 PM
^ Wilt had to be packing at least 18-20 inches easy...I'd like to hear from a woman who may have fucked him...

Raven
03-23-2013, 02:34 PM
voS4Wuj_am8

:lmao:lmao:lmao

03-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Ariza was Artest responsibility.....

voS4Wuj_am8

:lol :lol :lol

classic kobefan. too busy sucking kobe's nuts to watch the game.

jimbo
03-23-2013, 03:52 PM
"The game got to a point where we didn't use our strengths, which is our inside players. Pau [Gasol] gets nine shots in the course of a game. Some of it is his own responsibility, but we didn't use that focus that we have in a ballgame... As a result [of not effectively using interior play], we get behind early in the third quarter on some stupid plays. Poor passing, poor transition defense, and then Kobe has to screw up the game and start energizing the team by going one-on-one. That takes the rest of the guys out, and as a consequence that didn't bring us back in, but it did give us a little run. We got the game back a little bit, but we couldn't sustain it. We just went right back and made the same mistakes again."

Sounds like the 2011 Lakers team tbh just switch out the triangle for D'Antoni's offense.

hater
03-23-2013, 04:33 PM
:lmao and kool takes another moneyshot in the forehead :lol

LakerHater
03-23-2013, 05:24 PM
KoMe still makes 1st team D!

spurraider21
03-23-2013, 06:26 PM
voS4Wuj_am8

KoMe still makes 1st team D!
Sadly, you're right :lol

Clipper Nation
03-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Hey fellas I want to change the subject...:lol

Who do you think had the biggest dick in NBA history
:lol Nobody else being a big enough faggot to actually change the subject to this
:lol Kirby
:lol Lakers

Koolaid_Man
03-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Kobe responds to his bad play and Kool is fine with it...

Kobe:"When ur game take a s*i* . Flush it. Get up and move on #mambaism"

DMC
03-23-2013, 11:35 PM

Right, you didn't lose because of Kobe. You lost because the Wizards kicked the shit out of you. Kobe is no more responsible for that than the last guy on the bench was. Mike D is why the Lakers lost. When your coach is too big a pussy to make needed adjustments, that's what you get. When your front office has given Kobe carte blanche to take a huge shit on the team for his own glory attempts, that's what you get. NY did it for a long time.