PDA

View Full Version : lol Helotes

Blake
03-23-2013, 09:40 PM
So much for standing ground against Walmart. I saw the shiny new super center today.

Nobody can hold out forever against the Walmart.

Das Texan
03-23-2013, 10:00 PM
fwiw, i think its smaller than the original location and not in the middle of real helotes, I mean this one is on the fringe of Helotes, tbh.

bus driver
03-25-2013, 10:14 AM
the last thing this world needs is another walmart 5 miles from another one.

Blake
03-25-2013, 10:52 AM
fwiw, i think its smaller than the original location and not in the middle of real helotes, I mean this one is on the fringe of Helotes, tbh.

Yeah, it's on the fringe but it's still in Helotes.

Come to think, the store did look smaller than the typical new super centers, but this location is pretty good for them, imo. They'll definitely siphon off a lot of the business that the Super HEB currently has at Bandera/1604.

I almost feel sorry for the Super Target in that area. It was already a super clean ghost town without the Walmart.

ChumpDumper
03-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Sounds like the downsized Wal-Mart that went up at the old Northcross Mall location in Austin. That area was actually underserved by general retail and grocery, so I had no problem with that one. HEB either missed an opportunity or were satisfied with their current locations.

DarrinS
03-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Two schools directly across the street. Going to be some interesting traffic in that area -- and prob a gold mine for Helotes in terms of speeding tickets.

Spur|n|Austin
03-25-2013, 11:30 AM
So much for standing ground against Walmart. I saw the shiny new super center today.

Nobody can hold out forever against the Walmart.

The people of the Crestview Neighborhood here in town tried for months to stop a Wally World, they eventually gave in cause there is now a "nicer" wal-mart there.

Blake
03-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Two schools directly across the street. Going to be some interesting traffic in that area -- and prob a gold mine for Helotes in terms of speeding tickets.

No doubt.

There's already a cop that sits at the Bandera/Hausman light waiting for people to make a U turn just under the sign that says "no u-turn".

that illegal U turn is right at the Walmart.

DarrinS
03-25-2013, 01:38 PM
No doubt.

There's already a cop that sits at the Bandera/Hausman light waiting for people to make a U turn just under the sign that says "no u-turn".

that illegal U turn is right at the Walmart.

They already give out a lot of tickets there on Leslie Rd/Bandera, so I'm sure it will only get worse.