PDA

View Full Version : So anyone interested in Bioshock Infinite?

baseline bum
03-24-2013, 12:20 AM
Looks pretty awesome in the IGN review, though we know they overrate the hell out of games. Loved the original though.

S6Wr9VOsHYc

CuckingFunt
03-24-2013, 01:30 AM
I'm extremely eager for this one. But I have so little time for gaming currently that I have no idea when I'll finally get around to it.

symple19
03-24-2013, 02:29 AM
Ummm, yeah

Supposed to be tuned properly for PC

Loved the first and enjoyed the second, definitely on my to-do list

Reck
03-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Thought about it but will wait for a pricedrop.

Thinking of getting Injustice instead.

TwAnKiEs
03-24-2013, 09:00 PM
I reserved the premium edition. Loved the first two and the third should not dissapoint :)

ElNono
03-24-2013, 10:08 PM
i'll check it out...installing, tbh... wasn't that big of a fan of the first two...

Flawless
03-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Isn't Bioshock Infinite suppose to be a prequel of the first Bioshock?

CuckingFunt
03-25-2013, 12:54 AM
Isn't Bioshock Infinite suppose to be a prequel of the first Bioshock?

It's not, I don't think. To my knowledge, it takes place in an earlier time period, and has similarities in theme/mechanics, but it isn't connected to the storyline of the first two games.

Trainwreck2100
03-25-2013, 02:11 AM
lol time period

Trainwreck2100
03-25-2013, 02:12 AM
try dimension, hence "infinite"

CuckingFunt
03-25-2013, 03:19 AM
try dimension, hence "infinite"

If I'd wanted to say "dimension" I would have.

I was referring merely to the setting of the game itself: Elizabeth's ability to "tear" or otherwise manipulate time/space aside, the game is ostensibly set in 1912, which is several decades earlier than Bioshock's 1960 setting. I was not referring to the narrative or its implications on time travel and/or multiple dimensions.

ElNono
03-25-2013, 05:17 PM
the first 20 mins or so look pretty awesome, tbh

MannyIsGod
03-25-2013, 05:34 PM
I'm going to buy that bundle with both of hte previous versions as I never played them. If I enjoy them I'll get this one. The reviews seem awesome.

Kai
03-25-2013, 07:19 PM
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/bioshock-infinite/critic-reviews

symple19
03-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Certifiably badass. Do yourself a favor and pick it up.

Meanwhile...Console graphics look awful and I can't imagine playing this with a controller since it limits accessibility to your Vigors.

baseline bum
03-26-2013, 12:34 PM
the first 20 mins or so look pretty awesome, tbh

Are you playing on 360? If so, do you agree with IGN and with symple19 that the graphics and frame rate are bad on it?

ElNono
03-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Are you playing on 360? If so, do you agree with IGN and with symple19 that the graphics and frame rate are bad on it?

I'm playing on a 360 and it looks good to me. No framerate issues here.

Death In June
03-26-2013, 10:07 PM
Bought it on Console and PC. Started out with the console version...doesn't look great from a graphics standpoint, about on par with the original Bioshock. Frame rate chugs in certain spots. Currently downloading it on PC.

symple19
03-27-2013, 09:19 AM
My friend has it for his 360 and he's been complaining. Fwiw, you don't need a super computer to play it on PC. Requirements are modest. Runs fine on my 5 year old rig with a 285 GTX at medium settings. Been playing mostly on my laptop, however, since I get more frames.

TwAnKiEs
03-27-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm playing it right now and I am not having any issues. I notice it will freeze for half a second when the objective is going to change, but that's about it. Great so far.

ElNono
03-28-2013, 12:12 AM
to be fair, I haven't compared to the PC version... I have a windoze box at the office, but the 360 version is working fine for me, so not even gonna bother installing the PC version.

Death In June
03-28-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm typically more prone to play games on consoles over PC, but having played Infinite on both, it is such a different experience on PC. I was really dissapointed with the Xbox version. The hardware just doesn't do the setting justice. The gap is pretty significant, so if you have a way to play it on PC, it is the way to go.

ElNono
03-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Just finished it... wow, what a game... highly recommended.

Reck
03-29-2013, 12:02 AM
Holy shit ElNono how short is this game?

ElNono
03-29-2013, 12:19 AM
Holy shit ElNono how short is this game?

By today's standards it's basically average as far as length... Story is great though, IMO, and there's a bunch of optional stuff to do if you feel like taking your time with it (which I didn't).

symple19
03-29-2013, 02:34 AM
Yeah, its fucking incredible. I'm taking my sweet-ass time, though

What difficulty did you play it on, ElNono?

from what I've read, its about 15 hours

Trainwreck2100
03-29-2013, 02:43 AM
obvious twist was obvious

ElNono
03-29-2013, 09:25 AM
Yeah, its fucking incredible. I'm taking my sweet-ass time, though

What difficulty did you play it on, ElNono?

from what I've read, its about 15 hours

I think it was medium.

symple19
03-29-2013, 09:37 AM
I'm playing it on hard and it's fairly challenging, but I don't think I'm very good at using my Vigors yet. Most people have said it's too easy

ElNono
03-29-2013, 09:42 AM
I'm playing it on hard and it's fairly challenging, but I don't think I'm very good at using my Vigors yet. Most people have said it's too easy

It kind of was. I was mostly trying to move forward, and there wasn't that much resistance. Some battles can be tough though.

Trainwreck2100
03-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Honestly though after beating it using the song "will the circle be unbroken" makes alot of sense

ElNono
03-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Honestly though after beating it using the song "will the circle be unbroken" makes alot of sense

That's what that was? I played it through without audio, so the ending was a bit unexpected :lol

Trainwreck2100
03-29-2013, 11:32 AM
That's what that was? I played it through without audio, so the ending was a bit unexpected :lol

No it's the song that is being sung by the choir when you first arrive and then elizabeth sings it in the bar. But the title of the song mixed with what happens at the end was a nice touch

symple19
03-29-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm not usually a fan of video games being turned into movies, but someone needs to make this happen...Maybe not a specific remake of one of the Bioshock games, but something in the universe would be sick, imo

NASpurs
03-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Will I get lost as far as storyline is concerned if I haven't played Bioshock since the first one?

Trainwreck2100
03-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Will I get lost as far as storyline is concerned if I haven't played Bioshock since the first one?

This game has nothing to do with the first one

NASpurs
03-29-2013, 04:57 PM
This game has nothing to do with the first one

:tu Then I will get it today.

TwAnKiEs
03-30-2013, 01:00 PM
I finished this last night and it mind fucked me for a moment until I thought about it a little. Lol. This is my fav out of the three :)

NASpurs
03-30-2013, 08:42 PM
What an incredible game. I think I'm halfway through it (more or less) and it's been just spectacular. I'm like an hr or two in after getting Elizabeth and speaking of which, the whole sequence of getting her out, wow lol. Even how the game sets you up on your way to ascend to Columbia was just awesome. I'm seriously running out of adjectives to describe this game. :lol I haven't felt this impressed about a game in a long time, much less a FPS.

Even watching the trailer gets me pumped up to continue playing it :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE

Reck
03-31-2013, 02:18 AM
OK niggas you can stop now, I'm getting it.

Enough with the praising. lol

Gonna wait for Injustice though. Will get 'em together.

Death In June
04-01-2013, 05:52 PM
One of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long time

NASpurs
04-02-2013, 10:43 PM
I've been playing on hard and I couldn't imagine playing on a lower difficulty. The game isn't that hard and I'm not the best at FPS.

Oh fuck you George Washington (Patriot), you creep me out. And I thought I was going crazy when I kept hearing "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" as you exit the beach lol. Guess I wasn't hearing things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06z_tIiokKk

LnGrrrR
04-03-2013, 08:46 AM
So, it's much better than Bioshock 2? I'll have to pick it up when it drops to $40 or so.

TwAnKiEs
04-03-2013, 01:04 PM
So, it's much better than Bioshock 2? I'll have to pick it up when it drops to $40 or so.

I would say so. IMO it's worth the $65 now

LnGrrrR
04-03-2013, 01:43 PM
I would say so. IMO it's worth the $65 now

My "current" gaming money is tied up in the Planescape Torment spiritual successor on Kickstarter (Torment: Tides of Numenera). Kicked 35 towards it, even though it won't be out until early 2015. Plus with moving and kids, my time is limited at the moment... gotta finally get my CCNA first, then maybe I'll pick it up.

NASpurs
04-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Just finished it... WOW! :wow

Dat ending.

TwAnKiEs
04-04-2013, 09:16 PM
My "current" gaming money is tied up in the Planescape Torment spiritual successor on Kickstarter (Torment: Tides of Numenera). Kicked 35 towards it, even though it won't be out until early 2015. Plus with moving and kids, my time is limited at the moment... gotta finally get my CCNA first, then maybe I'll pick it up.

:tu:tu I hear you. I was working at the scooter store so needless to say I almost didn't pick it up. Thank God I reserved it when I did, lol!

Chomag
04-05-2013, 02:50 PM
I finished up a couple of nights ago. Oh Dear God was this journey beautiful! I rank this gaming experience up there with the first time I played HL2 and it's episodes. A game like this only comes along ever so often, and I'm just so glad I got a chance to experience it.

Am I the only one here that was sad that the story ended? I wanted it to keep going... its been a long time since I have felt that way about a book, or movie, let alone a video game.

TwAnKiEs
04-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Am I the only one here that was sad that the story ended? I wanted it to keep going... its been a long time since I have felt that way about a book, or movie, let alone a video game.

Trying not to spoil too much, but when you go through all the tears towards the end, I literally felt like I fucked up and was trying to hurry up haha!

Trainwreck2100
04-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Ending sucks in that *spoiler alert* what it means is that the only people that really die are comstock and elizabeth

NASpurs
04-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Ending sucks in that *spoiler alert* what it means is that the only people that really die are comstock and elizabeth

*SPOILER*

But Booker and Anna live on after that scene with the credits right? Just trying to wrap my head around this.

Trainwreck2100
04-05-2013, 10:22 PM
*SPOILER*

But Booker and Anna live on after that scene with the credits right? Just trying to wrap my head around this.

Anna lives but elizabeth will never exist

Jt.ONE
04-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Dat ending

:wow:wow:wow

vander
04-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Oh no, I read some of the spoiler comments, there is no time travel in the game is there?

NASpurs
04-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Oh no, I read some of the spoiler comments, there is no time travel in the game is there?

Sorry about the spoilers and yes to your question, that's all I'll say. :lol

vander
04-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Sorry about the spoilers and yes to your question, that's all I'll say. :lol

damn, I hate time travel, such a gimmicky plot device for hack writers

Trainwreck2100
04-06-2013, 11:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5d0CA_Eapc

heard this for the first time today, stopped and listened to the whole thing.

GoodOdor
04-08-2013, 10:02 AM

There's also a "remake" planned of Ultima Online, apparantly - creator of it already raised over 1mil in the kickstarter.

LnGrrrR
04-08-2013, 10:26 AM
There's also a "remake" planned of Ultima Online, apparantly - creator of it already raised over 1mil in the kickstarter. Yeah, Shadow of the Avatar. I was never really that into the Ultima series, so I passed.

J.T.
04-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Friend of mine bought it on release day and I watched him play for about two hours. Most of that time he spent exploring the fairgrounds so I didn't get spoiled on anything. Picked it up last Friday and beat it on Hard last night/this morning. Holy shit was this a fantastic game. It grades out at a 10/10 before you're even halfway done playing it.

Started 1999 Mode tonight and it's gonna be tough until I get the Hand Cannon back. Also there is a trophy for never using the Dollar Bill machine which makes the masochist in me smile but the trophy hunter in me frown. Can't be any harder than COD: World at War was on Veteran... and if I had to give that game a slogan it would be "Wanna hide? Here's 5 grenades. Wherever you move, we will throw 5 more. Choose wisely."

Trainwreck2100
04-11-2013, 11:43 PM
Friend of mine bought it on release day and I watched him play for about two hours. Most of that time he spent exploring the fairgrounds so I didn't get spoiled on anything. Picked it up last Friday and beat it on Hard last night/this morning. Holy shit was this a fantastic game. It grades out at a 10/10 before you're even halfway done playing it.

Started 1999 Mode tonight and it's gonna be tough until I get the Hand Cannon back. Also there is a trophy for never using the Dollar Bill machine which makes the masochist in me smile but the trophy hunter in me frown. Can't be any harder than COD: World at War was on Veteran... and if I had to give that game a slogan it would be "Wanna hide? Here's 5 grenades. Wherever you move, we will throw 5 more. Choose wisely."

once you get elizabeth its not that hard to be honest just make sure you choose early how you want to tackle siren

J.T.
04-12-2013, 03:16 AM
once you get elizabeth its not that hard to be honest just make sure you choose early how you want to tackle siren

This time I'm applying all Infusions to Health first, then Salts. On my initial playthrough (Hard mode) I spread them around pretty evenly but can already tell I'm gonna fuckin' need max Health and Salts for 1999 Mode. Been whoring out Possession real hard so far.

Also the Winter Shield gear is straight hax and I look forward to getting that back.

J.T.
04-13-2013, 03:11 AM
Trainwreck2100 Yeah, Siren is pretty fucking difficult to take down. Found a nice little barrier glitch for the graveyard fight where her zombie minion dudes won't come near you but she will. But I found that after like two hours of raging out over that fight. Other two fights weren't that hard, gotta upgrade the Charge vigor and spam that at her (grants brief invincibility) then when you're up close use anything super powerful. I was running Shotgun and Hail Fire for the latter two fights.

Trainwreck2100
04-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Trainwreck2100 Yeah, Siren is pretty fucking difficult to take down. Found a nice little barrier glitch for the graveyard fight where her zombie minion dudes won't come near you but she will. But I found that after like two hours of raging out over that fight. Other two fights weren't that hard, gotta upgrade the Charge vigor and spam that at her (grants brief invincibility) then when you're up close use anything super powerful. I was running Shotgun and Hail Fire for the latter two fights.

didn't do that, charge plus brittle bones gear, plus that gear that sets your melee targets on fire, plus the shirt tht shocks you opponent if you get melleed. Fight over in less than two minutes

J.T.
04-13-2013, 11:00 AM
didn't do that, charge plus brittle bones gear, plus that gear that sets your melee targets on fire, plus the shirt tht shocks you opponent if you get melleed. Fight over in less than two minutes

Yeah, spamming Charge at her was a game changer. I just beat 1999 Mode... all trophies unlocked... boss status. This game is easily Top 5 all time in my book. Final fight on the airship, the first set of Patriots that launched in glitched out at the back of the ship and didn't even move. Probably would still be playing if that didn't happen.

Trainwreck2100
04-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Yeah, spamming Charge at her was a game changer. I just beat 1999 Mode... all trophies unlocked... boss status. This game is easily Top 5 all time in my book. Final fight on the airship, the first set of Patriots that launched in glitched out at the back of the ship and didn't even move. Probably would still be playing if that didn't happen.

beat that final fight on the second try, lost the first time only because I had no idea they actually went after the core. Posession + full salt + possesion for less= game over. Bought possession for less when you get shock jockey and that's the only time you can get it that early in the game. The only hard part for me was the 2 handyman fights you have to do, and once i figured out you only had to run around shooting them it was fairly simple

J.T.
04-13-2013, 11:17 AM
I didn't have max salt, but had like 8/10. On my 1999 playthough I went for full health first and then alternated between shield and salt for the rest of the infusions. Maybe that's where I fucked up. I found 1999 Mode more challenging than I anticipated, usually when I see people on game forums complaining about shit being hard I just think that's an impatient person who's trying to run and gun too much but it was a tad tougher than I thought it would be.

Dunno how you did that last part in two attempts though. Ridiculous. You got my respect for sure.

Fernando TD21
04-28-2013, 11:35 PM
I only got to play this game last friday. Great game, great story and great ending. Now I'll try the hard mode.

J.T.
05-11-2013, 02:10 AM
I bought the Ultimate Rapture Collection after playing this and just 100%'d the first two games. BioShock was good. The 2nd one wasn't bad, but the analogy I used was it's like going to a new restaurant and ordering your favorite dish. The cook does a bad ass job and you really enjoy it, so you decide to go back the next day... only the cook working that day didn't go to culinary school so it wasn't as good. You still got a plate of some of your favorite food but it sure was better yesterday.

imo fwiw tbh Infinite was like over nine thousand times better

Suspect
05-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Great game, beat it last week.

Trainwreck2100
05-11-2013, 10:59 AM
I bought the Ultimate Rapture Collection after playing this and just 100%'d the first two games. BioShock was good. The 2nd one wasn't bad, but the analogy I used was it's like going to a new restaurant and ordering your favorite dish. The cook does a bad ass job and you really enjoy it, so you decide to go back the next day... only the cook working that day didn't go to culinary school so it wasn't as good. You still got a plate of some of your favorite food but it sure was better yesterday.

imo fwiw tbh Infinite was like over nine thousand times better

How'd you get the online trophies?

J.T.
05-11-2013, 12:50 PM
How'd you get the online trophies?

Found some people on PS3Trophies.org to boost with me.

J.T.
05-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Playing it again on Medium because I bought the season pass the other day just to save some dough on the DLC. Pretty dope getting 5 infusions at the beginning of the game, and the gold skins on the pistol & machine gun.

redzero
06-15-2013, 09:55 PM
I liked it more than the first Bioshock. It's a damn shame I didn't start using the shotgun until late in the game, because shotgun + Return to Sender + Rising Bloodlust + Overkill + Bullet Boon = Super Happy Fun Time.

J.T.
07-31-2013, 10:40 PM
fpgvZay10jE

Upcoming story DLC trailer. Horde mode add-on DLC is already out but it's not anything too amazing. This on the other hand...fuck yes.

DJ Mbenga
08-01-2013, 09:33 PM
for the last boos fight return to sender was pretty much my savior. put up a bunch of return to sender around the core, then take my time fighting the enemy.
those ghosts were a nightmare to deal wtih