03-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Discuss. :wakeup

Darius McCrary
03-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Was a dumb foul on a jump shooter in 2nd Q

hater
03-24-2013, 07:09 PM
and he can lose it any minute now.

IMO Pop waiting for Neal to heal up and it'll be Neal time again.

Pop
03-24-2013, 07:09 PM
And Bonner won 4th big.

Thanks for the lip service about defense Pop...............

timtonymanu
03-24-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm still not sure. It would be nice for one of the backups (CoJo, Nando, Patty) to actually look like they want it.

Robz4000
03-24-2013, 07:14 PM
As long as Bonner plays only 5 mins in the first half on the playoffs against teams not named the Grizz, it should be ok. If Nando keeps playing well, I'm all for it.

ElNono
03-24-2013, 07:14 PM
I like his D, but I want to see more assists and/or points from him... it's somewhat the same situation as CoJo, tbh

BatManu20
03-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Eh doesn't mean much. Either way. He or Mills will both cost us in the playoffs tbh.

Louae
03-25-2013, 07:32 AM
I don't get it. I feel like he is our fourth best point guard. Honestly, I feel like he is a soft player. Beno soft. I hope not to see him in the playoffs.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
03-25-2013, 10:21 AM
He's way more tenacious on D compared to Beno.

TrainOfThought5
03-25-2013, 10:26 AM
I don't get it. I feel like he is our fourth best point guard. Honestly, I feel like he is a soft player. Beno soft. I hope not to see him in the playoffs.

lets not get carried away... this being De Colo's first year its understandable that he is still adjusting to the physicality and speed of the NBA. with that being said hes STILL puts out more kutzpah than Beno.

Bruno
03-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Nando has exceeded the expectations I had for him. For a rookie, that is a good but not great player and whose hasn't received that consistent minutes, he has had a fine season.

Saying that, I'm not sure it will be enough for him to be a reliable good backup PG for the playoffs. More globally, the whole backup PG situation is a huge mess. Part of the issue is that no players have emerged but Pop with his constant shuffling is also to blame for that mess.

Let's hope the backup PG situation won't hurt Spurs at one point of the playoffs but I'm quite skeptical about that.

Mal
03-25-2013, 02:24 PM
He`s good, and have better future as Spur, as NBA player than his opponents for this job, tbh

hater
03-25-2013, 02:38 PM
yes we forget Nando is a rookie. He obviously is a mental beast to take all the pressures in SPurs system and with Pop in his 1st year. Let's hope Pop doesn't break him. But yeah, rookie having amazing season and mostly due to his mental toughness.

Pop
03-25-2013, 03:10 PM
I see a SG when I look at him. I can't keep up with the quicker guys and playing next to Manu just can't work imo.

What could work tho would be Manu starting and a combination of Green and De Colo that can switch the D thanks to Green's speed.

therealtruth
03-25-2013, 07:45 PM
I see a SG when I look at him. I can't keep up with the quicker guys and playing next to Manu just can't work imo.

What could work tho would be Manu starting and a combination of Green and De Colo that can switch the D thanks to Green's speed.

I think that would be a good combination of the bench and it would let Manu focus on playing of the ball when he starts.

TD 21
03-25-2013, 09:55 PM
I think that would be a good combination of the bench and it would let Manu focus on playing of the ball when he starts.

It wouldn't be, because then the bench would lack firepower even more than they already do. Plus, the ball handling would be even worse.

I agree with Pop's decision to play De Colo virtually exclusively at PG, though. Even though his shooting is coming along, realistically he's never going to be a scorer and obviously he's not going to be a defender, either. If he is going to be a player in this league, it's going to be because of his play making and the best way for him to showcase that is by having him play PG. Also, between Ginobili, Green and Neal (when healthy), they have three clearly superior SG options.