PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: James Harden has the ugliest game..

HarlemHeat37
03-24-2013, 07:47 PM
I've ever seen for a superstar player, tbh..

Durant is close, but Harden is #1..

lefty
03-24-2013, 07:49 PM
No

Kai
03-24-2013, 07:51 PM
To each his own, but at least it's not based on athleticism. He should be going strong for years and years.

Ace
03-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Still much better player than Westbrook, imho.

HarlemHeat37
03-24-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm not saying he isn't a great player..just saying his game is hideous and completely dependent on free throws..

irishock
03-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Westbrook
James
Howard
Wade

all worse

HarlemHeat37
03-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Wade and Lebron are two of the most entertaining players of all-time, stupid comment..

Westbrook and Howard is arguable, probably on the same level..Howard is entertaining to watch on the defensive end, at least..

noob cake
03-24-2013, 08:25 PM
J Bin Harden

jeebus
03-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Westbrook
James
Howard
Wade

all worse
throw in Noah and we got ourselves a starting five of shitbags.

LkrFan
03-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Still much better player than Wade, imho.

Fixed it for you. No need to thank me bruh. :downspin:

KL2
03-24-2013, 08:32 PM
6-16 from the floor, 2 3's, 29 points :lmao

Kai
03-24-2013, 08:33 PM
:lmao suck a dick

The Third Man
03-24-2013, 08:33 PM
http://touchfm.org/wp/wp-content/plugins/rss-poster/cache/9d2da_hazel-e-james-harden-2012-08-21-300x300.jpg

Double-Up
03-24-2013, 08:34 PM
I've ever seen for a superstar player, tbh..

Durant is close, but Harden is #1..

This was a grind it out game for the most part. As long as he's producing I don't give a fuck if his game looks like your wrinkle ass grandma's pussy...a win is a win.

hater
03-24-2013, 08:35 PM
:lmao spursfan hating on a carbon copy of Manu Ginobili

pathetic

djohn2oo8
03-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Just be happy he isn't on OKC and is on the Rockets instead.

thunderup
03-24-2013, 08:38 PM
This was a grind it out game for the most part. As long as he's producing I don't give a fuck if his game looks like your wrinkle ass grandma's pussy...a win is a win.
Haymaker :lmao

noob cake
03-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Just be happy he isn't on OKC and is on the Rockets instead.

A year older Harden would rape the Spurs bench.

hater
03-24-2013, 08:39 PM
all we need now is spursfan come in and talk shit about his beard :lmao homers

Harden is a beast and true fans recognize :tu

Arcadian
03-24-2013, 08:40 PM
He's not a superstar. Just a year ago, he was a 6th man. He had a good year, but he's a 2nd-tier star at best.

GuerillaBlack
03-24-2013, 08:40 PM
Harden's game is fun to watch. Artistic with the bball in his hands. Was ugly today though, but he still shit on the Spurs.

djohn2oo8
03-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Asik did an incredible job tonight btw.

thunderup
Houston is a very enjoyable and entertaining team. Not so sure about the city but their Rockets are certainly entertaining.

LkrFan
CIA Pop strategically tanking games he supposed to tank. Nothing to see here. :downspin:

AussieFanKurt
Was thinking same thing, completely dependent on getting ticky tack calls. Would be a complete crumb without

djohn2oo8
03-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Was thinking same thing, completely dependent on getting ticky tack calls. Would be a complete crumb without

:lol wow

GuerillaBlack

How many other players would be crap if they didn't get points from free throws?

sook
He had a bad game tonight, still won though.

thunderup
03-24-2013, 08:44 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

HarlemHeat37
03-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Harden is a great player, easily top 10, but his game is clearly hideous..

If I was a Rockets fan, I wouldn't care about his game being ugly, as long as it's effective..however, denying that his game is ugly is blatant homerism, tbh:lol..

hater
03-24-2013, 08:46 PM

:rollin spursfans, reaching phoenix sunfan 2005 "spurs are boring" level of retardeness

Latarian Milton
03-24-2013, 09:03 PM
you never watched yao play imho. 7'6 shit looked like a crippled & yellow version of hulk when he played on court

Roxsfan
03-24-2013, 09:43 PM
That game winning shot was sick.

Tuddy
03-24-2013, 09:59 PM
He's a superstar

Clipper Nation
03-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Durant has the ugliest game, simply because it feels like 90% of it is shooting a million free throws every night, tbh..... at least Harden works for his calls, KD gets them for being breathed on or looked at....

ElNono
03-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Durant has the ugliest game, simply because it feels like 90% of it is shooting a million free throws every night, tbh..... at least Harden works for his calls, KD gets them for being breathed on or looked at....

this. At least beard pretends to go to the rack most of the time...

spurraider21
03-24-2013, 10:25 PM
I'm not saying he isn't a great player..just saying his game is hideous and completely dependent on free throws..

tbh if they don't foul him he's getting layups

HarlemHeat37
03-24-2013, 11:43 PM
tbh if they don't foul him he's getting layups

I disagree..he runs into defenders and swings his arms upwards for the majority of his fouls..

Harden's FTAs are rarely drawn by defenders fouling after they are beaten..similar to Durant's FTAs, tbh..

TDMVPDPOY
03-24-2013, 11:56 PM
rocketfans still think they are relevant...

Kai
03-24-2013, 11:57 PM
Harden is an elite pure scorer, even without the freethrows . He is very acurate and can finish at the rim as well as just about anyone. I get that flopping is lame and all, but the fact that the guy can keep getting calls when the rest of his game is faltering makes him that much more valuable. Add the fact that he can rebound and dish, you'd be stupid to say he's not a superstar. I just really hope and pray that when we get our next max player and Harden doesn't have to carry the team as much he can start giving a more consistent effort on defense. I've seen him play good defense, it really is just an apathy issue.

ElNono
03-25-2013, 12:11 AM
Harden is an elite pure scorer, even without the freethrows . He is very acurate and can finish at the rim as well as just about anyone.

Elite pure scorer was 6-16 from the field today. The difference between scoring 14pts and 29pts was the freebies (and he missed two). I'm not complaining, just stating the obvious at least as this one game is concerned. I think Harden is a very talented player, but saying freebies don't matter with this guy is really being in denial. As we all found out a few threads ago, he leads the NBA getting over 30% of his points from the freebie line.

Don't get me wrong, he should get credit for being able to draw them, and make them, but it's an integral part of his game.

noob cake
03-25-2013, 12:16 AM
Elite pure scorer was 6-16 from the field today. The difference between scoring 14pts and 29pts was the freebies (and he missed two). I'm not complaining, just stating the obvious at least as this one game is concerned. I think Harden is a very talented player, but saying freebies don't matter with this guy is really being in denial. As we all found out a few threads ago, he leads the NBA getting over 30% of his points from the freebie line.

Don't get me wrong, he should get credit for being able to draw them, and make them, but it's an integral part of his game.

Harden FT come from drives and late game double bonuses.

He doesn't get them like Durant from rip through and pump fake, jump into defender moves

benstanfield
03-25-2013, 12:24 AM
Harden is averaging almost 5 FTA per game more than Ginobili's career high of 6.0 (which is surprisingly low). Harden and Durant are effectively getting 4-5 extra points added to their per game averages.

Not to mention how beneficial it is to have free shooting practice during the course of every game. They say the best thing for shooters is to get fouled soon after coming into the game so they can get a rhythm going at the line. It definitely doesn't hurt Harden that if he's struggling from the field he can just rack up some freebies. There's a reason guys always block dead ball three point attempts.

ElNono
03-25-2013, 12:27 AM

He doesn't get them like Durant from rip through and pump fake, jump into defender moves

The rip through when he's driving is a signature move of him, tbh... but again, saying freebies are not an integral part of his game is simply not true... as already posted a few weeks ago, 1/3 of his points comes from the freebie line (tops in the NBA).

It's the difference between being a 26ppg scorer and a 17ppg scorer... that's a pretty big difference.

sook
03-25-2013, 12:31 AM
Nono, you can say that about most of the players. Ironically most of the people are complaining about his offense. He had a bad shooting night but everyone has those. As Kai stated, its his defense that is suspect.

benstanfield
03-25-2013, 12:32 AM
Also from a viewers perspective it's absolute horseshit entertainment to just watch some dude get rewarded for putting his head down and throwing the ball towards the hoop. I've always thought that there should generally be fewer free throws in the NBA as it just makes it much easier for shitty reffing to influence the outcome when they can gift superstars bonus points.

It's crazy that Harden and Durant were on the same team at one point. This year they're averaging more FTA's than like 9 teams.

Baynes
03-25-2013, 12:36 AM
Too many butthurt spursfans here.
Harden is a talented motherf*cker.
IMO, top 2 sg in the league

ElNono
03-25-2013, 12:37 AM
Nono, you can say that about most of the players. Ironically most of the people are complaining about his offense. He had a bad shooting night but everyone has those. As Kai stated, its his defense that is suspect.

sook, not hating, but I really can't say that about most players. Only him and Durant are over 30%... Lebron doesn't even crack the 20% and you can't tell me he doesn't drive to the rack.

Gummi Clutch
03-25-2013, 12:39 AM
Too many but hurt spur fans in this thread. Comeon guys, we don't make excuses like the lakers. Harden balled tonight and he did what Manu pretty much did his entire career with us. Its always different when you see things from a different angle.

Venti Quattro
03-25-2013, 12:41 AM
:lmao Thunder

ElNono
03-25-2013, 12:45 AM
Too many but hurt spur fans in this thread. Comeon guys, we don't make excuses like the lakers. Harden balled tonight and he did what Manu pretty much did his entire career with us. Its always different when you see things from a different angle.

I'm not taking anything away from Harden... he's definitely tops SG right now...

But Manu shot 17fts in a game only twice in his entire career...

sook
03-25-2013, 12:47 AM
sook, not hating, but I really can't say that about most players. Only him and Durant are over 30%... Lebron doesn't even crack the 20% and you can't tell me he doesn't drive to the rack.

Not saying I agree with the fouls, that a player can initiate contact in a certain way and draw FTs, but that is the way the NBA is set. Guys do it all the time, Kobe draws the defender like that half the game. I personally don't like it, playing basketball and whatnot that is just giving the offensive player too much leeway but the NBA isn't going to change the fact they consider it a foul.
See this Leanord play at the end? How Harden hesitates a bit to draw him into the vacuum and draws the momentum when shooting? Thats a foul any other time in the game and that is what he normally does. Should they have called it? No. Its the last play of the game and people shouldn't get bailed out like that even though it may help the team win. It was a good no call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OCEZlYLK1nY
That kind of stuff is essentially what he does most of the time.
The other times he beats his man off the dribble and forces the defense to blatantly grab him by the arm or something so he has to get the FTs, a lot of the times he finishes with a 3 pt play. I think he leads the league in those maybe? With the type of fouls in this instance, you can't ever say anything when the defense is put in the position to HAVE to foul, that is a skill and a smart play.

Blatant flop? I saw one of those against Captain Jack and I'm with you guys on that play. Don't think got any FTs out of it though.

ElNono
03-25-2013, 12:50 AM
BTW, this is the thread I was referring to above:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211078

It's funny too, because I thought the leader was going to be Durant hands down... but Harden beats him by a good margin...

sook
03-25-2013, 01:02 AM
^ You have to take their games into context. Lebron gets high % shots , especially with the way him and wade are playing together there is a reason both their FG% are so high. Harden plays on a team with (You know his supporting cast) in order to drive in the lane he has to pick his opportunities really well. If he has a reputation for driving and finishing really well and he is open, he knows the defense would rather foul than let him finish and he takes advantage of that. There is no eleborate system on offense for us where we clear stuff out for him and make it easier. He does the heavy lifting. Out of all the guys you listed he is the one that drives to the basket relentlessly like a madman. Durant? I can see what you mean by that. Its a whistle for any sort of jumper he takes.

TDMVPDPOY
03-25-2013, 01:03 AM
butthurt kents coming down here looking for sympathy and excuses, go back upstairs clowns

ElNono
03-25-2013, 01:08 AM
^ You have to take their games into context. Lebron gets high % shots , especially with the way him and wade are playing together there is a reason both their FG% are so high. Harden plays on a team with (You know his supporting cast) in order to drive in the lane he has to pick his opportunities really well. If he has a reputation for driving and finishing really well and he is open, he knows the defense would rather foul than let him finish and he takes advantage of that. There is no eleborate system on offense for us where we clear stuff out for him and make it easier. He does the heavy lifting. I wasn't sold on harden till just earlier last month because I sort of had a problem with his game. The guy plays smart though and works hard.

As I said earlier, I have much less of a problem with Harden getting the freebies because he does go to the rack a lot. He just gets a phenomenal amount of calls. And people keep bringing up Manu, but Manu even in his prime never averaged over 6 FTA/game.

It's hard to bring this up without looking like you're whining, but whatever. I think you rocketfan know what I'm saying, and I'm not trying to take anything away from Harden.

hater
03-25-2013, 01:17 AM

Too many butthurt spursfans here.
Harden is a talented motherf*cker.
IMO, top 2 sg in the league

truth bombs :tu :tu

but IMO he's #1 SG inthe league

sook
03-25-2013, 01:19 AM
As I said earlier, I have much less of a problem with Harden getting the freebies because he does go to the rack a lot. He just gets a phenomenal amount of calls. And people keep bringing up Manu, but Manu even in his prime never averaged over 6 FTA/game.

It's hard to bring this up without looking like you're whining, but whatever. I think you rocketfan know what I'm saying, and I'm not trying to take anything away from Harden.

no you have a legitimate argument and I have to turn off Bull and Clyde on the rockets broadcast whenever they talk about other players doing it and never acknowledge Harden doing it. Tonight was a lot of FTs, but the way the game was being played and the fact we were at home It wasn't that much of a stretch. On the road and playing vs a team where we shoot a lot more jumpers? yea thats fishy.

hater
03-25-2013, 01:20 AM
btw I didn't see Harden drawing many BS fouls tonight. Nothing that Wade/Kobe don't do on any given night.

spursfan still bitter from WCF asskickin IMO

ElNono
03-25-2013, 01:27 AM
no you have a legitimate argument and I have to turn off Bull and Clyde on the rockets broadcast whenever they talk about other players doing it and never acknowledge Harden doing it. Tonight was a lot of FTs, but the way the game was being played and the fact we were at home It wasn't that much of a stretch. On the road and playing vs a team where we shoot a lot more jumpers? yea thats fishy.

I don't mind the home cooking, I think every team more or less gets their fair share. I'm not even talking about this particular game, tbh... he definitely has the ability of drawing a lot of fouls... I checked historically players averaging what he's averaging this season in FTA, and it's a pretty short list: link (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=per_game&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&qual=&c1stat=fta_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=10.2&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=fta_per_g). He's definitely special talent.

I thought we played well enough to win tonight, and Rockets just beat us.

TrainOfThought5
03-25-2013, 01:52 AM
Harden was 6-16. almost Kobe levels of inefficiency tonight.

the real story is Asiks A+ defense on Timmy. and if i remember correctly some of the posters in this thread were bitching about thwir GM. is he still horrible or have yall stopped bein pussified fans?

jestersmash
03-25-2013, 01:55 AM

The irritating thing is that the refs claimed they would be clamping down on this rip through move by not rewarding free throws anymore (unless the team is in the bonus, of course).

jestersmash
03-25-2013, 02:01 AM
And any spursfan claiming foul (no pun intended) on the overall reffing tonight doesn't have a leg to stand on, tbh.

Motiejunas was call for 3 or 4 B.S. "fouls" on Duncan early on in the game. Duncan had an up and under move where Motiejunas was completely still with his hands straight up, and Duncan was awarded free throws anyway.

The Harden phantom "foul" on Danny Green that resulted in 3 free throws was unwarranted, as was the Harden flop late in game that resulted in 3 free throws for him (these cancel out).

I saw a couple of plays where Parker was fouled on the elbow by that Rockets rookie (I forget his name) that wasn't called, and a handful of blatant flops from Harden, but overall I thought both sides benefited from unwarranted free throws to some extent. Did the Rockets benefit more overall? Probably. But it wasn't as bad as spurfan makes it seem.

I saw some spurfans comparing this game to Spurs/OKC game 6 last year :lmao

ElNono
03-25-2013, 02:04 AM
The irritating thing is that the refs claimed they would be clamping down on this rip through move by not rewarding free throws anymore (unless the team is in the bonus, of course).

I remember that... it was the Durant rule, tbh... it was all lip service

ElNono
03-25-2013, 02:05 AM
FWIW, I think pretty much all spursfan are in agreement it's a relief that dude isn't in OKC anymore...

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2013, 02:07 AM
And any spursfan claiming foul (no pun intended) on the overall reffing tonight doesn't have a leg to stand on, tbh.

Motiejunas was call for 3 or 4 B.S. "fouls" on Duncan early on in the game. Duncan had an up and under move where Motiejunas was completely still with his hands straight up, and Duncan was awarded free throws anyway.

The Harden phantom "foul" on Danny Green that resulted in 3 free throws was unwarranted, as was the Harden flop late in game that resulted in 3 free throws for him (these cancel out).

I saw a couple of plays where Parker was fouled on the elbow by that Rockets rookie (I forget his name) that wasn't called, and a handful of blatant flops from Harden, but overall I thought both sides benefited from unwarranted free throws to some extent. Did the Rockets benefit more overall? Probably. But it wasn't as bad as spurfan makes it seem.

I saw some spurfans comparing this game to Spurs/OKC game 6 last year :lmao

I agree, I didn't blame the refs tonight, I even said it was a fairly officiated game..

I've been saying this shit well before tonight, tbh..I have respect for Harden's production and impact, but his game is ugly and relies on exploiting today's rules .

jestersmash
03-25-2013, 02:35 AM
I agree, I didn't blame the refs tonight, I even said it was a fairly officiated game..

I've been saying this shit well before tonight, tbh..I have respect for Harden's production and impact, but his game is ugly and relies on exploiting today's rules .

Yeah I agree. I was mostly referring to posts made in the game thread upstairs. I know you didn't blame the refs tonight.

FkLA
03-25-2013, 03:17 AM
Harden is the smoothest player in the league tbh. Nigga is a master in the pick and roll and his handles are pretty nasty for a two guard...hes relentless and able to get to the rim almost at will too. Never had an issue with his FTs, he gets most of them because hes on the attack all the time. Its not like he purposely goes under a defenders hand 2-3 times a game tbh.

Trill Clinton
03-25-2013, 08:36 AM
i can tell harden grew up playing with his uncles and older cats, his game is so advanced for being 23. he has that old man street ball game. he reminds me of this guy I used to hoop with named "mad ball". he attacked the basket non stop, always drew contact and every shot attempt was either a foul or a make.

GuerillaBlack
03-25-2013, 08:46 AM
I disagree..he runs into defenders and swings his arms upwards for the majority of his fouls..

Harden's FTAs are rarely drawn by defenders fouling after they are beaten..similar to Durant's FTAs, tbh..

Harden sticks his arms out while he drives and his constantly hacked on his arms by defenders trying to hit the ball.

pikkiwoki
03-25-2013, 08:48 AM

pathetic

Harden is at 10.3 FTA/gm. Manu has never averaged more than 6 FTA/gm.

Harden does a couple things well and milks them. Manu's game is a lot more diverse.

Harden is a great player, easily top 10, but his game is clearly hideous..

If I was a Rockets fan, I wouldn't care about his game being ugly, as long as it's effective..however, denying that his game is ugly is blatant homerism, tbh:lol..

Same for Wade tbh. Never seen a superstar perimeter scorer with a shit jumpshot...until Wade. Also Lebron, until recently. But yeah, fck Wade.

Harden is the smoothest player in the league tbh. Nigga is a master in the pick and roll and his handles are pretty nasty for a two guard...hes relentless and able to get to the rim almost at will too. Never had an issue with his FTs, he gets most of them because hes on the attack all the time. Its not like he purposely goes under a defenders hand 2-3 times a game tbh.

:rollin

pikkiwoki
03-25-2013, 08:57 AM
If it was practical, the league would neuter Harden's rip through moves on his drives just like they neutered the stand still rip through move that Tim/KMart/Durant used to milk.

They would do it because the intent is the same, not to score but to get cheap free throws.

But they can't because it's not as easy to detect on drives. So Harden's backdoor to superstar production is safe...for now. Harden found himself a tax shelter. :lol

chunticakes
03-25-2013, 08:58 AM
i can tell harden grew up playing with his uncles and older cats, his game is so advanced for being 23. he has that old man street ball game. he reminds me of this guy I used to hoop with named "mad ball". he attacked the basket non stop, always drew contact and every shot attempt was either a foul or a make.

lol i know exactly what you mean. lol @ mad ball.

Trill Clinton
03-25-2013, 09:01 AM
lol i know exactly what you mean. lol @ mad ball.

lol

djohn2oo8
03-25-2013, 09:12 AM

Harden does a couple things well and milks them. Manu's game is a lot more diverse.

Same for Wade tbh. Never seen a superstar perimeter scorer with a shit jumpshot...until Wade. Also Lebron, until recently. But yeah, fck Wade.

:rollin

Typical GNSF response :rollin

Brazil
03-25-2013, 11:41 AM
As discussed in that thread http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211078&page=3&p=6425786#post6425786

Harden is fourth in the nba for going to the line but he is also fifth on attempts at the rim. At least he is doing whatever he can to get the calls.

Regarding OP I disagree, he has a pretty game. His passes are spot on, his JS is smooth, he is attacking the rim and overall quite spectacular

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Harden deserves most of his calls, I didn't say otherwise..

Simply pointing out that his game is disgusting, tbh..

Spur-Addict
03-25-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm just tired of guys league wide, jumping into defenders, bumping into guys, or doing that ridiculous swing through arm movement for calls. It's not good for the league. There was a sequence in the second half where Harden came off a PnR and jumped into air thinking a guy was behind him and got the call. Terrible. Aside from that shit, he has a very craft game that I fully respect.

Brazil
03-25-2013, 12:29 PM
Harden deserves most of his calls, I didn't say otherwise..

Simply pointing out that his game is disgusting, tbh..

I still fail to understand what in Harden's game is disgusting according to you

Uriel
03-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Exactly what I was thinking.

Raven
03-25-2013, 12:40 PM
it's getting worse every game, he doesn't seem to be able to make a clean jump shot anymore, i don't know who was saying that but he is completely right, he seems more like a dancer than a bb player tbh.. he's a great player though, not taking anything from him..

baseline bum
03-25-2013, 12:48 PM

pathetic

CROFL

pikkiwoki
03-25-2013, 01:17 PM

Harden's "superstar" iso game :rollin

Double-Up
03-25-2013, 01:24 PM
it's getting worse every game, he doesn't seem to be able to make a clean jump shot anymore, i don't know who was saying that but he is completely right, he seems more like a dancer than a bb player tbh.. he's a great player though, not taking anything from him..

WTF? He's banged up but still ballin, look up the highlights from the 1st part of the season and you'll see a big difference.

jag
03-25-2013, 01:40 PM

If you throw in "Queensbridge" and a reference to a stabbing or shooting, this could easily be a Ron Artest story about his boy "Mad Ball" from the projects.

jestersmash
03-25-2013, 01:49 PM

Manu averaged .44 FTA/FGA (free throw attempts/field goal attempts) in 06-07, and .45 FTA/FGA in 07-08.

Harden is at .58 FTA/FGA this season. He was .59 FTA/FGA last season.

Harden does get to the line more often than Manu did in his prime, but the difference isn't as pronounced as "10.3 FTA/game versus 6 FTA/game" suggests. That's a deceptive stat to look at.

However, one more note. The difference isn't also as little as .58 versus .44 would suggest, because the league average for FTA/FGA in '12-'13 is .281, whereas the league average for FTA/FGA in 07-08, for example, was .318.

Harden has a sizeable FTA/FTA advantage in an era where refs are more conservative with awarding free throws in general.

phxspurfan
03-25-2013, 04:18 PM
lol @ people calling Durant's game ugly. If the game was sped up he'd easily have one of the most smooth, entertaining games ever. It's only the NBA / refs fault for slowing it down and putting him on the line so much. He would beast on almost everybody in an NBA Jam-style game. Just swishing those 35' threes alone looks pretty awesome.

But on topic, Harden's game is actually pretty respectable compared to guys like Griffin (a million spin moves and still puts up a weird fading to the side brick from 8 feet), James (just run through guys), and Howard (no game unless spoon fed). Harden and Westbrick actually have pretty SG games. Both can slice and dice through defenders like butter and take crazy angles which draw contact.

DAF86
03-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Manu 0.2 is a fucking G. Not as good and fun as the original version but still pretty fucking good, imho.

Thread
03-25-2013, 05:52 PM
^& he looks absolutely adorable with that fork sticking out of his fucking back.

tee, hee.

djohn2oo8
03-25-2013, 06:10 PM
But no, after one game you can't say his game is ugly, especially when he doesn't have his normal explosiveness.

Clipper Nation
03-25-2013, 06:11 PM
But on topic, Harden's game is actually pretty respectable compared to guys like Griffin (a million spin moves and still puts up a weird fading to the side brick from 8 feet)
:lol Please..... you don't brick your way to the second best PER among power forwards and the second best TS% among power forwards with 30+ MPG...

I also love how the main criticism of Blake has shifted from having no moves at all to having a million moves :lol

whitemamba
03-25-2013, 06:29 PM
:lol Please..... you don't brick your way to the second best PER among power forwards and the second best TS% among power forwards with 30+ MPG...

I also love how the main criticism of Blake has shifted from having no moves at all to having a million moves :lol

can u pull up stats on where blake shoots and the percentage from each area, from games i have seen it looks like its 60% dunk/layup %30 just being stronger than the other guy in the post.. i.e. mistmatch or blake is simply just stronger, and 10% 10+ foot j's.. enlighten us and show us what his offensive game is all about

in2deep
03-25-2013, 06:30 PM
what a dumb thread.

James Harden played as 2nd or 3rd best player in the Allstar game where there are no fouls. Dude is legit.

GoodOdor
03-25-2013, 07:47 PM
Manu 0.2 is a fucking G. Not as good and fun as the original version but still pretty fucking good, imho.

Once Harden takes his team to the playoffs he has already eclipsed Manu's NBA career, tbh.

hater
03-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Once Harden takes his team to the playoffs he has already eclipsed Manu's NBA career, tbh.

Manu's body never allowed him to maintain such a high level in regular season + playoffs. Harden definitely could have a better career than Manu but he needs to prove it in the playoffs. He choked in the finals.

So far Manu has shone much brighter but Harden is still young and could go to next level and beyond.

GoodOdor
03-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Manu's body never allowed him to maintain such a high level in regular season + playoffs. Harden definitely could have a better career than Manu but he needs to prove it in the playoffs. He choked in the finals.

So far Manu has shone much brighter but Harden is still young and could go to next level and beyond.

Manu has spent his career being the #2/3 guy - Harden has already shown he is a legit number 1 guy, tbh. If you call what Harden did "choking", then what do you call
what Manu did against the thunder? :lol

DAF86
03-25-2013, 08:02 PM

Neat sentence construction.

GoodOdor
03-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Neat sentence construction.

Thanks scrah.

Manu4evah.

hater
03-25-2013, 08:03 PM
don't be dumb. Manu never had opportunity to be #1 in NBA. He did prove he can take his team to gold as #1 option. Prime Manu would have easily matched Harden's feat this year of taking Rockets to playoffs.

Double-Up
03-25-2013, 08:24 PM

:lol

Double-Up
03-25-2013, 08:28 PM

Damn, white bitch got a nice ass in the sig...for the record.

Xsatyr
03-25-2013, 09:00 PM
don't be dumb. Manu never had opportunity to be #1 in NBA. He did prove he can take his team to gold as #1 option. Prime Manu would have easily matched Harden's feat this year of taking Rockets to playoffs.

He also had injury issues which would be magnified if he was a first option.

pikkiwoki
04-18-2013, 12:40 AM
:toast

HarlemHeat37
04-18-2013, 12:49 AM
Yep:lol..

sook
04-18-2013, 12:56 AM
tbh it wasn't just him tonight.

HarlemHeat37
04-18-2013, 01:08 AM
So?..

His game has been hideous for a minute now, tbh..

If he isn't trying to draw fouls, he's holding the ball for 20 seconds, tbh..he has too much talent to play that type of basketball..

sook
04-18-2013, 01:10 AM
So?..

His game has been hideous for a minute now, tbh..

If he isn't trying to draw fouls, he's holding the ball for 20 seconds, tbh..he has too much talent to play that type of basketball..

yup, that has actually just started as a "thing" since AS break and I completely agree with you. He needs to pulled aside with someone with the balls to do so.

pikkiwoki
04-18-2013, 01:13 AM
yup, that has actually just started as a "thing" since AS break and I completely agree with you. He needs to pulled aside with someone with the balls to do so.

Not true, he's been doing that all season. I think there was a stretch mid-season where he didn't do it as much, but yeah, all season he's done this.

sook
04-18-2013, 01:24 AM
Not true, he's been doing that all season. I think there was a stretch mid-season where he didn't do it as much, but yeah, all season he's done this.

of course he is going to do like once or twice a game, most star players do that but since AS break it has become WAY more recurrant. I've watched all 82 games this year and can tell you that as a fact. He was moving way more off the ball earlier.

pikkiwoki
04-18-2013, 01:47 AM
of course he is going to do like once or twice a game, most star players do that but since AS break it has become WAY more recurrant. I've watched all 82 games this year and can tell you that as a fact. He was moving way more off the ball earlier.

I've also watched all 82 games since I live down here. People have been complaining about Harden's iso ball since November.

sook
04-18-2013, 02:05 AM
I've also watched all 82 games since I live down here. People have been complaining about Harden's iso ball since November.

I am not saying he just started to ISO all of a sudden, he has iso'd , everyone does it. He has been doing it at the expense of the flow of the offense way more since around AS break.

sook
04-18-2013, 02:06 AM
the drop in his #s also reflects that. You shoot at a much higher % in the flow of the offense than isoing and letting the defense concentrate on you.