PDA

View Full Version : Rockets or Lakers?..

HarlemHeat37
03-24-2013, 08:32 PM
Who would you rather play in the 1st round, tbh?..

RD2191
03-24-2013, 08:34 PM
both are fagget teams. take care of either in 5

benefactor
Spurs would rape either...but Lakers.

Brazil
Rockets

Brunodf
03-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Lakers

Spurs Brazil
Warriors, I think Rockets will finish 6th

Arc
doesn't matter, tbh. both teams will shoot near 30 FTs a game on us.

timtonymanu
Hopefully we get the Warriors, tbh.

MaNu4Tres
03-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Manu is a much bigger concern in the grand scheme of things. He's been pretty damn bad, tbh. I can't see the Spurs making significant noise in the post season if he doesn't pick it up.

ElNono
Spurs should handle either, tbh... but the Rockets do have the better 3 pt shooters, a legit foul drawing machine in his prime, and Asik can do the better job on TD...

HarlemHeat37
They are actually pretty similar..

1st/3rd in 3s made
Both top 5 in FTAs
Star player SGs that are both top 5 in FTAs
1st/3rd in pace
Both below average defensive teams
Both have great defensive Cs with poor defensive supporting casts

Mugen
Anybody who says they'd rather play the Lakers is retarded tbh.

If you think the officiating in this game was shitty, wait til you see the calls the lakers would get in Stern's last year as commish.

Floyd Pacquiao
03-24-2013, 08:37 PM
good question their both pretty annoying tbh...but i'd rather the spurs play the lakers...LA is older, slower and _ Antoni is their coach. either way I think the spurs beat both in 5 or less

ElNono
03-24-2013, 08:38 PM

If you think the officiating in this game was shitty, wait til you see the calls the lakers would get in Stern's last year as commish.

It doesn't matter, IMO. Kobe might get 50 FTs, and so will Harden... Spurs should still beat either handily, especially with home court advantage

Juggity
03-24-2013, 08:39 PM

The Lakers are a bad enough team that it wouldn't even matter.

Blizzardwizard
03-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Neither, wait we have to play one? I can envision a Kobe or Harden game winner to win game 7 of the series either way, so, yeah.

sook
03-24-2013, 08:40 PM
it shouldn't matter.

spurs1990
03-24-2013, 08:41 PM
I don't think it's close.

We get Houston, not only will the travel turnaround time be virtually non-existent, but the Rockets may truly have the worst home court fan support I've witnessed. I mean how'd we get the entire Baseline Bums in a lower level section in their stadium.

With LA, we would have to contend with what I'm sure the league's preference for a certain team to win. I don't want to see Bryant until the WCF.

Either way, the loss stings unless we just rest players and shoot for the 7th seed against this same team. I don't see it going past 6.

timtonymanu
03-24-2013, 08:42 PM
I would want neither, but between LA and Houston, give me the Lakers.

I think a series with LA would be less tiring for guys like Tim and Manu instead of having to play the fast-paced Rockets. Plus Pop just owns D'Antoni.

benefactor
03-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Neither, wait we have to play one? I can envision a Kobe or Harden game winner to win game 7 of the series either way, so, yeah.
:lol

Robz4000
03-24-2013, 08:44 PM
Spurs with HCA should beat either in 5. Only issue I see going forward is whether Manu gets it together or not.

Mugen
03-24-2013, 08:46 PM
The Spurs would handle Houston easily in 5 tbh. Probably 4 games if Harden isn't getting 15-20fts a game.

The Lakers would probably take 6 games to eliminate and have more playoff proven shooters on their squad.

TD 21
03-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Not to evade the question, but it doesn't really matter if this team starts playing up to their capability again . . . and even if they don't, I'm still not sure it matters, because both would then become a tossup.

MI21
03-24-2013, 08:53 PM
Definitely the Rockets.

Pop
03-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Since Asik looked so good against Tim, I'm not sure tbh.

Russ
03-24-2013, 08:54 PM
The Lakers series would be a physical war. The Spurs would likely win but might be diminshed going forward.

sananspursfan21
03-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Not to evade the question, but it doesn't really matter if this team starts playing up to their capability again . . . and even if they don't, I'm still not sure it matters, because both would then become a tossup.

if the spurs play to the level they were playing earlier in the season, neither team will matter. the rockets played about as well as they really could tonight barring a ridiculously lucky game. spurs played like crap most of the way and were still two points away. so far it's been proven spurs can beat the rockets. we've had what, two meetings against la?

TD 21
03-24-2013, 08:56 PM
if the spurs play to the level they were playing earlier in the season, neither team will matter. the rockets played about as well as they really could tonight barring a ridiculously lucky game. spurs played like crap most of the way and were still two points away. so far it's been proven spurs can beat the rockets. although the lakers suck this year, we have only had one meeting against them so far

That's what I said. Basically, what I meant was, it's all about the Spurs. Even close to their best, they're easily better than either.

And they've had two meetings with the Lakers (they won both).

Sean Cagney
03-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Spurs will meet the Rockets IMO, I see the Spurs with this stretch slipping to #2 and the Rockets will get the 7th IMO unless GS drops a spot to that slot. I see OKC and LAL in round one and the Spurs and Rockets in round one in all honesty.

sananspursfan21
03-24-2013, 08:59 PM
That's what I said. Basically, what I meant was, it's all about the Spurs. Even close to their best, they're easily better than either.

And they've had two meetings with the Lakers (they won both).

indeed, and i forgot about the other meeting. i do agree with some that with the refs favor, la would be a trifle more exhausting per say, but really we match up pretty well against both much better than any other potential first round matchup. some say golden state would be better than either but i think gs is the most athletic of them all and would leave us pretty winded in a 6 game series...ending with spurs winning of course

Blizzardwizard
03-24-2013, 09:00 PM
Wait no, changed my mind, the Rockets, so Matt Bonner can throw a half-court prayer to win the game with 1 second left in game 7, and to see the Rockets announcers run out on the court and smash Bonner in the face with a chair which is then followed by Stephen Jackson landing a pile-driver on Harden off of the announcers desk onto a table, then for Michael Cole to run out onto the court shouting "out of nowhere!"

I can dream, right?

Chris16
03-24-2013, 09:01 PM
The problem won't really be the Spurs getting out of the West, it's having HCA in the Finals. If the Spurs don't have HCA in the Finals I'm almost guaranteeing a loss. Before the last 2 years it was rare (And I mean that, it has literally almost never happened before 2011 and 2012) for a team to win the Finals w/o HCA 2 years in a row. No way in hell it's happening for the 3rd year straight.

Mugen
03-24-2013, 09:02 PM
I've stated before that the 2seed is the favorable position if it means drawing HOU/GS in the first and Denver in the 2nd. That puts OKC against LA and then Mem/Clippers.

i think a Harden-less Thunder can be had this year with or without homecourt tbh.

HarlemHeat37
03-24-2013, 09:05 PM
I've stated before that the 2seed is the favorable position if it means drawing HOU/GS in the first and Denver in the 2nd. That puts OKC against LA and then Mem/Clippers.

i think a Harden-less Thunder can be had this year with or without homecourt tbh.

I'd much rather play Memphis with a banged up Gasol or the Clippers over Denver, tbh..

Spurs need the #1 seed IMO..I realize it didn't help them in previous years, but that home court advantage is always nice to have down the playoff stretch..

Sean Cagney
03-24-2013, 09:08 PM
The problem won't really be the Spurs getting out of the West, it's having HCA in the Finals. If the Spurs don't have HCA in the Finals I'm almost guaranteeing a loss. Before the last 2 years it was rare (And I mean that, it has literally almost never happened before 2011 and 2012) for a team to win the Finals w/o HCA 2 years in a row. No way in hell it's happening for the 3rd year straight.

Don't even begin to think about the Finals or HC in the finals yet, sorry you are way ahead of yourself and yes the Spurs the way they are playing right now is a problem with them getting out of the West. You go round by round, the Spurs had better step it up if they want to think about getting past round two or out of the West.

Captivus
03-24-2013, 09:12 PM
I have a bad feeling and MY worst case scenario is: Lakers, Denver and OKC...
OKC will play Hou-Clip-SAS

Bad bad feeling...

KaiRMD1
03-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Lakers, fuckin' beard still gives me fits.

Mugen
03-24-2013, 09:20 PM
I'd much rather play Memphis with a banged up Gasol or the Clippers over Denver, tbh..

Spurs need the #1 seed IMO..I realize it didn't help them in previous years, but that home court advantage is always nice to have down the playoff stretch..

Still not sold on Denver. Not scared of Memphis or LA either but the Spurs would have arguably the 3 best players of the series in a matchup against the Nuggets.

Of course this all depends on Manu showin' up in the playoffs and not this imposter of the last couple of games. I just feel this team should come out of the West if playing near their best with or without HC. I think it'd be important against Miami but i don't think SA is catching them.

Kidd K
03-24-2013, 09:21 PM
I'd rather play the Lakers, then Grizzlies in 2nd round, then Thunder in WCF, then Heat in the Finals.

We'd have the toughest road, but I'd rather have that than the easiest. How enjoyable would it be to knock off the Lakers, Grizzlies, Thunder, and Heat all in one playoff run for the title? I'm hoping for that playoff setup.

Johnny RIngo
03-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Both are bullshit teams that rely on three balls and officiating for a large portion of their offense. SA should beat either in five games though. If I had to choose, it would be the Lakers. Rockets are younger and faster. Lakers are decrepit on the backcourt and wings. I'd rather play them.

Chris16
03-24-2013, 09:37 PM
Don't even begin to think about the Finals or HC in the finals yet, sorry you are way ahead of yourself and yes the Spurs the way they are playing right now is a problem with them getting out of the West. You go round by round, the Spurs had better step it up if they want to think about getting past round two or out of the West.

If the Spurs don't make the Finals this year there needs to be some major changes with this team, seriously.

ElNono
03-24-2013, 09:43 PM
If the Spurs don't make the Finals this year there needs to be some major changes with this team, seriously.

I can see OKC making it instead of us, tbh... I don't think that's a stretch at all..

Budkin
03-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Lakers of course.

DejuanorwhatDude
03-24-2013, 10:19 PM
Spurs aren't winning a chip this year. Looks like Ginobili decided to finally fall off the athletic cliff midway through the season and without him we're dead in the water. Can't rely on Danny Green, Splitter or KL to make a play down th stretch and TP will be gassed by WCF if it's all on his shoulders. Depending on how thiese next two weeks play out, we might hit a really rough patch and eke out a third seed by the end of the season.

Sean Cagney
03-24-2013, 10:21 PM

I don't think the Spurs will make the finals this year in all honesty! I mean I love this team but they are not playing good right now and I just don't want to build myself up to be let down again! I will stay level headed as a fan now and take whatever comes in the future. I do not think they will make the finals this year, let alone beat the Heat shall they make it there.

hater
03-24-2013, 10:24 PM
if we keep playing like this it doesn't matter. All teams will give us fits

Sean Cagney
03-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Spurs aren't winning a chip this year. Looks like Ginobili decided to finally fall off the athletic cliff midway through the season and without him we're dead in the water. Can't rely on Danny Green, Splitter or KL to make a play down th stretch and TP will be gassed by WCF if it's all on his shoulders. Depending on how thiese next two weeks play out, we might hit a really rough patch and eke out a third seed by the end of the season.
Third seed? That would suck lol, at worst second seed I think but to get the third would be a huge letdown. If they go 0-3 though I guess anything is possible but to go all the way down to the 3rd would be devistating IMO. That would mean Memphis pretty much passes us up or LAC gets hot and passes us, damn. I agree though on not winning the chip, pretty much figured that out years ago that we were not going to again.

Last year was our shot tbh, shortened year and health! Spurs had the HC! OKC had to come to SA and Bosh was out most of the playoffs and the Heat were beatable IMO (I still think they beat us tbh). Spurs were a very hot team as well! They went into the playoffs on FIRE! This year I don't see that. Last year was our shot, most fans should face that or be dissapointed again.
if we keep playing like this it doesn't matter. All teams will give us fits
THIS IS TRUE.

Johnny RIngo
03-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Don't know why people are surprised the team's struggling lately. In 2011, the Spurs gassed out towards the end of the season and played uninspired basketball all the way into the playoffs(the injuries didn't help either). We caught a break last year with the shortened season so we looked strong going into the playoffs and our guys were well rested for the most part.

Unfortunately, I don't think players like Ginobili can handle 82 games seasons anymore. It's become painfully obvious this year.

crc21209
03-24-2013, 11:41 PM
I don't think I can pick. The Playoffs have such an "unknown" factor to them. We don't know who is going to bust out and have a big series, how the refs will handle the teams, etc. Any one of the Rockets, Lakers, and Warriors would be tough. The Rockets and Lakers may be better teams overall, but their home crowds suck ass. While the Warriors on the other hand have a great home crowd and the team seems to feed off that energy alot of the time. The Rockets have Harden who gets calls just like Durant. The Lakers have Kobe, who we know is going to put up 25-30 shots a game and can put up 40 whenever he wants. The Warriors have Curry who already has a 50 point game this year. But, if you held a gun to my head I would go with:

1. Warriors
2. Rockets
3. Lakers

03-24-2013, 11:41 PM
Lakers. Rockets are young, hungry, talented, and have nothing to lose.

TrainOfThought5
03-25-2013, 12:25 AM
I have a bad feeling and MY worst case scenario is: Lakers, Denver and OKC...
OKC will play Hou-Clip-SAS

Bad bad feeling...

TheMACHINE
03-25-2013, 02:20 PM
...and the Lakers want the Spurs too. So lets make it happen. Spurs/Lakers round 1!

silverblk mystix
03-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Lakers (Spurs sweep)

Rockets ( Spurs would win- but it would be a 6 or even a 7 game series)

Lakers please.

spurraider21
03-25-2013, 05:51 PM
Spurs will meet the Rockets IMO, I see the Spurs with this stretch slipping to #2 and the Rockets will get the 7th IMO unless GS drops a spot to that slot. I see OKC and LAL in round one and the Spurs and Rockets in round one in all honesty.

We've still got a 2 game lead on OKC (in the loss column). If we win the one remaining matchup against OKC, its going to be tough to drop to #2

itzsoweezee
03-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Rockets. I want to see James Harden swept out of the playoffs. I hate that guy so much.

Embedded
03-25-2013, 06:15 PM
I'd like to play the Lakers - Dwight Howard is mentally fragile

baseline bum
03-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Houston since Artest owns Manu.

Sean Cagney
03-25-2013, 09:48 PM
We've still got a 2 game lead on OKC (in the loss column). If we win the one remaining matchup against OKC, its going to be tough to drop to #2

Did you see our upcoming schedule? If we lose to OKC and lose to Denver or Miami, they win two games there goes that lead very fast. OKC can drop a few more thats for sure, I wish they would already. Spurs play OKC on the road as well, that game is GOING TO BE TOUGH to win.
Rockets. I want to see James Harden swept out of the playoffs. I hate that guy so much.

That wouldn't be bad would it? I thought the same thing.

DAF86
03-25-2013, 09:59 PM
They would be both about the same in terms of difficulty and I prefer to beat the Lakers than the Rockets so LA, tbh.

BillMc
03-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Good to see the Lakers have come out with a sense of urgency after those embarrassing recent losses.

benefactor
03-25-2013, 10:38 PM
Lakers are fucking awful. Tell me why all of you are afraid again?

KaiRMD1
03-25-2013, 11:01 PM
Houston since Artest owns Manu.

With the way Manu is playing, Royce White on an airplane would own Manu

kobyz
03-26-2013, 07:04 AM
Lakers is more scary, it will not be your typical no 1 vs. no 8, we should advance anyway but that is much more difficult and unrecommended matchup, i think we need to tank to face the Rockets, in playoff it's better to play against unexperienced team and also less travel distance will be good.

100%duncan
03-26-2013, 07:08 AM
Any fucking one tbh.

spurraider21
03-26-2013, 07:09 AM
The Spurs lose by 1 to the Rox and the sky is falling. The Lakers drop 3 straight games to Phoenix, Washington, and Golden State and they're a "scary first round matchup." GTFO with that kind of stuff. the Spurs are the top seed in the West by a 2 game margin and the Lakers wouldn't last more than 5 games

Spur|n|Austin
03-26-2013, 08:01 AM
I'll take the Rockets out of these two, but I'd take the Warriors over both.

boutons_deux
03-26-2013, 09:55 AM
FTL have lost 3 inaro. UT and DAL only 1 L back from FTL.

Budkin
03-26-2013, 10:48 AM
The Lakers starting 5 is inconsistent and their bench is terrible. Over a 7 game series how could you not want to play them?

cd98
03-26-2013, 11:30 AM
If I had my choice, I'd rather have Dallas or Utah take the 8th spot. But even those guys are tough. Let's face it, the western conference playoffs are going to be tough. Lakers have been inconsistant, but they have a ton of talent and you worry about how that talent may gel in a 7 game series. As for Houston, Harden scares the hell out of me. They have dangerous shooters and decent defense. There won't be an easy series this year for the Spurs.

daslicer
03-26-2013, 09:19 PM
With Artest being injured I think the lakers could be easier to win against.

Drachen
03-27-2013, 08:13 AM
Mavericks.

Josepatches_
03-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Lakers suck

I'd pick them before Houston or Dallas. It' not even close.