PDA

View Full Version : Question, In your opinion has anyone ever been more undeserving of calls than hardon?

Horse
03-25-2013, 07:23 AM
I thought they favored durant but I've never seen anything like this. I can't imagine jordan got any better ref treatment than hardon is getting.

SpurSpurSpurs
03-25-2013, 07:46 AM
If you throw yourself right at a defender whenever you drive to the basket, you'd get those calls you're questioning. I hate him, but he knows how to get those whistles.

Creation88
03-25-2013, 07:50 AM
Dirk got all the calls he wanted before he accomplished anything. he's the only one i can think of besides Harden.

ffadicted
03-25-2013, 07:50 AM
hard on lol

Drom John
03-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Michael Jordan.
It's not even close for whoever's #2.
Paul gets more favortism than Harden.

Captivus
03-25-2013, 10:15 AM
You have to give him the 3 pointer, thats the solution, let him shoot it and see what happens.

KL2
03-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Durant, Kobe, and prime Wade, also prime Dirk. All pretty much tied with him.

"Superstars" get "Superstar" calls (aka phantom calls) and people just accept it, even the announcers, it's pretty ridiculous if you think about it. Without these superstars the Nba would be nothing, so they must protect their players.

I thought market size mattered the most but in reality it's about Superstar vs Superstar, Kobe vs LBJ, Cp3 vs Nash, Griffin vs Howard etc. And the NBA must protect that superstar.

Stern made it quite clear it was about this, because when SA rested their star players he was furious and quickly took action, it was not about the Spurs vs the Heat but Duncan/Manu/Parker vs LBJ/Wade/Bosh.

TrainOfThought5
03-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Michael Jordan.

except Jordan fought through tougher defenses in a tougher league, with tougher rules. FOH

Brazil
03-25-2013, 11:08 AM
I thought they favored durant but I've never seen anything like this. I can't imagine jordan got any better ref treatment than hardon is getting.

not really, Harden is one the player going the most at the rim, he is fourth or fifth doing that. Now Durant has more FTAs than him being 37th at going at the rim so answer is no and it's not even close

Richie
03-25-2013, 11:37 AM
At least Harden gets them going to the rim and there is actually contact. I actually think more of his fouls are legit than someone like Durant. KD gets ridiculous calls on 20 foot jump shots, whereas when Harden is just excellent at drawing contact.

Horse
03-25-2013, 12:22 PM
All of the calls are rediculous and yes he goes toward the basket but that doesnt mean he's being fouled. And my point is he's the least accomplished I've seen get this type of treatment. Especially on a rocket team going no where.

mercos
03-25-2013, 12:25 PM
I don't care for Harden's style. The only reason it is viable is because refs give him the calls a majority of the time. Derrick Rose does the same thing. You shouldn't be able to attack defenders who have superior position, initiate contact, and go to the free throw line. Not sure why the league does this, watching a dude shoot 15+ free throws slows the game down and is not entertaining. Guys should have to develop actual finishing skills like Tony Parker, who is one of the best in the business at finishing in traffic.

RD2191
03-25-2013, 12:27 PM
imagine if that bum was still with OKC? LOL, talk about screwed

spurspokesman
03-25-2013, 12:32 PM
hard on lol

beat me too it

Horse
03-25-2013, 12:43 PM
The thing is he's not in their league atleast not yet.

Rogbok
03-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Truthfully it does not bother me that much. What bothers me is the inconsistency of the calls. Call it the same on both ends and for the entire game and I will be satisfied.

benstanfield
03-25-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm not sure it's that he gets unfair treatment by the refs. I think Hardon's game is just more about drawing fouls than any superstar we've seen before.

Pop
03-25-2013, 02:29 PM
I liked Ben Harden better than Hardon but that's just me.

hater
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Manu Ginobili

Axe Murderer
03-25-2013, 03:41 PM
All of the calls are rediculous and yes he goes toward the basket but that doesnt mean he's being fouled. And my point is he's the least accomplished I've seen get this type of treatment. Especially on a rocket team going no where.

sup Horse?

TheGoldStandard
03-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Harden is where he is because of his OKC run, the OKC trio developed a relationship of going to the line and it's carried over so he'll continue to get the calls unless he runs into Lebron or Wade because they have superior defense and never foul which is another superstar treatment.

benstanfield
03-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Manu Ginobili

What's Manu's career high FTA per game? What is Harden's this year?

ElNono
03-25-2013, 04:45 PM
What's Manu's career high FTA per game? What is Harden's this year?

FYI

Hater is one of the worst posters on ST, tbh, FYI..

hater
03-25-2013, 04:50 PM
ball moves better when manu is running the PG spot anyways...

:lmao

ElNono
03-25-2013, 05:12 PM
hard to predict exact games, but I did predict Spurs were gona go close to 50% without parker

hater
03-25-2013, 05:30 PM
I predicted us going 6-3 in the stretch Chi-Hou without a 100% Parker.

guess what our record ended up being in that stretch :lol

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2013, 05:53 PM
You also spent almost an entire year saying the Heat would never win with Lebron as the #1 option and that they were the most overrated team of all-time..

Then, once you noticed they were going to win and dominate the NBA, you changed your shtick and began picking them to win the title:lol..

I obviously remember this because I'm a Lebron groupie and you and I argued frequently at the time..

I won't bump your posts, tbh, you can go delete them if you want..

hater
03-25-2013, 06:00 PM
You also spent almost an entire year saying the Heat would never win with Lebron as the #1 option and that they were the most overrated team of all-time..

Sure I hated on Lebronze in the past. And was enjoyin his unclutchness and the Heatanic in seasons past. Sure, guilty as charged. But the tune had to change when they signed a top 5 perimeter defender and Horry-Posey like playoff clutchness and one of the best shooters in history and also a playoff clutch legend. Not to mention Lebron might get over the unclutchness factor (we'll see in this playoffs) although he doesn't need to, he has 3 ubber clutch guys to carry him if need be now.

and tbh my hate is not as bad as you, a spursfan hatin on bearded Manu Ginobili v2.0 because his game is not attractive enough :lmao

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2013, 06:03 PM
Sure I hated on Lebronze in the past. And was enjoyin his unclutchness and the Heatanic in seasons past. Sure, guilty as charged. But the tune had to change when they signed a top 5 perimeter defender and Horry-Posey like playoff clutchness and one of the best shooters in history and also a playoff clutch legend. Not to mention Lebron might get over the unclutchness factor (we'll see in this playoffs) although he doesn't need to, he has 3 ubber clutch guys to carry him if need be now.

and tbh my hate is not as bad as you, a spursfan hatin on bearded Manu Ginobili v2.0 because his game is not attractive enough :lmao

Was Lebron the number 1 option last year?..

spurraider21
03-25-2013, 06:06 PM
why are you guys going at hater? its obvious he's just trolling. nobody is actually that moronic with their takes. you're all falling for his bait

hater
03-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Was Lebron the number 1 option last year?..

sure he was.

Is Harden not Manu Ginobili reincarnated?

Obstructed_View
03-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Michael Jordan.

Jordan probably got fouled more than any player not named Wilt or Shaq. If you're going to whine about Jordan, whine about the rules changes that helped his team dominate, not the refs, and not Jordan himself, who spent a lot of time attacking the rim and drawing contact.

Slippy
03-26-2013, 06:59 AM
The call that irks me the most is when harden goes for a shot in mid-air sways his body or flings his legs in the direction of the defender thus creating the contact. Refs have to see through that but it's easier said than done. All it takes is a different angle to think otherwise.

Manu in his heyday would draw contact. Any opening through defense he would find it using change of pace and direction to get to it. Defenders were always a step or adjusment too late in fouling.

Horse
03-26-2013, 12:32 PM
sup Horse?

What's happening

Horse
03-26-2013, 12:36 PM
sure he was.

Is Harden not Manu Ginobili reincarnated?

Manu causes real contact, not phantom contact. He gets beat up. Yeah he's slick and tricky but he takes a beating and earns his fouls.

Gagnrath
03-26-2013, 01:16 PM
I would argue that in Harden we are seeing a lot of what a young Ginobili would have been like with todays touch fouling. In most cases there is some contact with Harden getting a call though how much of it is caused or exaggerated by him is questionable. The NBA rulebook as currently designed is set to give the driving wing player a huge advantage over the defense. Yes Harden to some extent takes advantage of this by driving with the intention of getting fouls over making shots, but you can't expect a player not to take the advantages given them.

hater
03-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Manu causes real contact, not phantom contact.

SpurPadre
03-26-2013, 02:11 PM
I'll switch this up a little and say Shaq was the most undeserving of non-calls than any player I've ever seen. The guy should've been called for 3 seconds every time on offense yet got the benefit of the doubt. I know people love to say he got fouled hard and sometimes they weren't called because of his huge physical presence which somehow made it look like ticky tack fouls the referee would just not call, but it's bullshit. When you get the freedom to live in the paint for the duration of the whole shot clock, you at least have to give the defender somewhat of a fighting chance to keep the fat fuck from getting an easy look at the basket. He got a way with travelling a lot, too. Fuck Shaq, the basketball player but I don't mind Shaq, the TNT guy.

hater
03-26-2013, 02:40 PM
everyone gets away with traveling. To be fair to Shaq, the NBA changed the rules to try to contain shaq and let little midgets rule the court(and soft bigmen like Dirk and Bosh). Eventually NBA opened up all zone defense which made it harder for all bigmen to operate and thus giving birth to this midget gay ass shit NBA we live in now. yes even Duncan got affected, but Shaq was the one who used to take advantage of the paint more than anyone.

benstanfield
03-26-2013, 05:30 PM
why are you guys going at hater? its obvious he's just trolling. nobody is actually that moronic with their takes. you're all falling for his bait

Because any time any Spurs fan complains about flops or guys who get retarded amount of free throws, the knee-jerk moronic group response is "MANU FLOPPED A BUNCH FIVE YEARS AGO HERP HERP HERP HERP" when in actuality Manu's highest FTA/game is a mundane 6.0, and his admitted flops were intensely magnified by his status as a white foreign player.

hater
03-26-2013, 05:39 PM
Step 1 in Laker Homer Anonymous 12 steps: Acknowledge Kobe is a selfish chuker

Step 1 in spurs Homer Anonymous 12 steps: Acknowledge Manu is a flopper

kobyz
03-26-2013, 06:45 PM
Harden is very easy to stop once you learned him, those defenders are stupied and soft minded for letting him to abuse them like that with all the fouls calls and point in the paint he produce.

The Batman
03-26-2013, 06:48 PM
:lol pathetic ass GNSF

Obstructed_View
03-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Step 1 in Laker Homer Anonymous 12 steps: Acknowledge Kobe is a selfish chuker

Step 1 in spurs Homer Anonymous 12 steps: Acknowledge Manu is a flopper

IF flop = selling a call by exaggerating legitimate contact THEN Manu = Flopper.

IF flop = tricking refs into blowing whistle by reacting to nonexistent or minimal contact THEN Robert Horry(Flopper) OR Jacque Vaughn(Flopper) > Manu(Flopper).

The Batman
03-26-2013, 06:54 PM
IF flop = selling a call by exaggerating legitimate contact THEN Manu = Flopper.

IF flop = tricking refs into blowing whistle by reacting to nonexistent or minimal contact THEN Robert Horry(Flopper) OR Jacque Vaughn(Flopper) > Manu(Flopper).

:rollin
fEef1T_lqwA

Obstructed_View
03-26-2013, 07:10 PM
:rollin
fEef1T_lqwA

Fail. Bonzi hit a guy who's 30 pounds lighter in the chin with his shoulder, which the replay clearly shows. That Clyde Drexler thinks it's a bad call isn't a surprise, no matter how obvious the call is.

Manudona
03-26-2013, 08:14 PM
The fault resides on the average american fan who thinks that a star deserves different (better) treatment than a regular player who in turn deserves better treatment than a scrub, so for years they cheer the "stars" and they accept the bullshit calls they get just for they are "stars"... It would be a much better game if a foul is a foul no matter who is involved, a travel is a travel no matter who traveled etc this makes average or good players "stars" (not all, of course). The other thing I usually see arguing is "that the calls were even", what a stupid argument is that one too...

hater
03-26-2013, 08:23 PM
The fault resides on the average american fan who thinks that a star deserves different (better) treatment than a regular player who in turn deserves better treatment than a scrub, so for years they cheer the "stars" and they accept the bullshit calls they get just for they are "stars"... It would be a much better game if a foul is a foul no matter who is involved, a travel is a travel no matter who traveled etc this makes average or good players "stars" (not all, of course). The other thing I usually see arguing is "that the calls were even", what a stupid argument is that one too...

Let me guess. You don't think Messi gets special treatment from FIFA refs?

TheGoldStandard
03-26-2013, 10:56 PM
The thing is most players can ball to be in the NBA if there was no special treatment then we'd have a lot of games where the scores would be 60 to 55 because everything would be a foul. There is contact happening on the court in every possession.

Manudona
03-27-2013, 12:03 AM
Let me guess. You don't think Messi gets special treatment from FIFA refs?

No.

hater
03-27-2013, 01:23 AM
No.

thought so

Another delusional argentine

Manudona
03-27-2013, 02:54 AM
thought so

Another delusional argentine

Well, in this case I am sorry to bring you bad news, but you are the delusional here. If you really think that the stars in football get the same treatment than the stars in the NBA, you are utterly gone.

hater
03-27-2013, 04:37 AM
I really dont see much difference between treatment of durant vs. Messi.

Anyone breathes on messi and its a foul

pgardn
03-27-2013, 07:25 AM
He is a hell of a player.

He does a whole bunch of things exactly like a younger Manu. Seriously watch his effortless bullet passes to the wings off penetration. Absolutely gifted just like Manu. Harden is playing the refs trying to win because he knows exactly where the defender is and how off balance the opponent is, even with no contact and the opposition behind him.

Amazing stuff against us. Clearly a better PG than Westbrook. I love/hate him.

Danny.Zhu
03-27-2013, 07:36 AM
Durant, Kobe, and prime Wade, also prime Dirk. All pretty much tied with him.

Prime Kobe imho. TOSB Kobe doesn't get that much calls these days tbh.

wildbill2u
03-27-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm in Houston this week and listening to sports radio which has some pretty knowledgeable and well-known sportscasters. Some idiot called in and complained that the Rockets almost lost the game because the refs were calling all the fouls for SA. They noted that our Big 3 combined took fewer FTs than Harden.

After demolishing that guy's argument, the guys got into the old argument about the NBA favoring big market teams over small market teams. Surprisingly, they all agreed that there is now and always has been a bias in favor of big market teams like Houston vs. small market teams like SA. They virtually attributed the disparity in FTs to this top down bias which they believe starts with Stern and the TV execs.

Horse
03-27-2013, 12:26 PM

You laugh but even you must admit Manu plays no where near the pussy-ball hardon does.

Horse
03-27-2013, 12:28 PM
I'll switch this up a little and say Shaq was the most undeserving of non-calls than any player I've ever seen. The guy should've been called for 3 seconds every time on offense yet got the benefit of the doubt. I know people love to say he got fouled hard and sometimes they weren't called because of his huge physical presence which somehow made it look like ticky tack fouls the referee would just not call, but it's bullshit. When you get the freedom to live in the paint for the duration of the whole shot clock, you at least have to give the defender somewhat of a fighting chance to keep the fat fuck from getting an easy look at the basket. He got a way with travelling a lot, too. Fuck Shaq, the basketball player but I don't mind Shaq, the TNT guy.

I'm gonna have to agree, that fatfuck got away with murder. And the reason is he was marketable and with jordan toward the end of his career they needed someone the kids would love cause he dunked so much.

Horse
03-27-2013, 12:33 PM

He does a whole bunch of things exactly like a younger Manu. Seriously watch his effortless bullet passes to the wings off penetration. Absolutely gifted just like Manu. Harden is playing the refs trying to win because he knows exactly where the defender is and how off balance the opponent is, even with no contact and the opposition behind him.

He is a hell of a player, but he plays like such a pussy and doesnt have to. It's like he's not even trying to score, just to get fouled.

hater
03-27-2013, 02:12 PM

:tu

Harden/Durant would have been a combo for the ages. I'm not sure of the inner workings on that Harden trade but IMO I'd have let Westbrook leave before I let Harden go.

wildbill2u
03-27-2013, 04:51 PM
The call that irks me the most is when harden goes for a shot in mid-air sways his body or flings his legs in the direction of the defender thus creating the contact. Refs have to see through that but it's easier said than done. All it takes is a different angle to think otherwise..

Reggie Miller began that trick back in the day. He's discussed it before on that NBA-TV show which features a panel of veterans. Great series by the way.

Obstructed_View
03-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Reggie Miller began that trick back in the day. He's discussed it before on that NBA-TV show which features a panel of veterans. Great series by the way.

Difference is, the NBA changed the rules. Kicking out your leg or suddenly changing direction into the defender to draw contact is theoretically not supposed to result in a foul call on the defender.

Fabbs
03-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Undeserving calls?
One area where Kirby is def the GOAT.

howbouthemspurs
03-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Every time Hard On fell down it was a foul! If he fell and you were within breathing distance.... FOUL!