PDA

View Full Version : Manu, Spurs (Except #21) Coasting Right Now

Embedded
03-25-2013, 06:13 PM
We worked our butts off, and had an horrific schedule during the first part of the season. Now we get to coast awhile while teams like Houston and the Lakers scratch and claw for the bottom playoff seeds. Lebron is being Lebron, expending himself too much during the regular season. Mr. Duncan wants to be 100% physical in the playoffs and he's not slowing down. But this season is a mental grind. Do I wish we had won last night against Houston? Sure. But would I prefer to beat Denver Wednesday? Of course. That game has meaning. Like our recent victory at OKC, we stunk it up with games that didn't matter. I get that. I wish we stomped everybody's eyeballs out every night, but it's not like that. This is the same rant I did after we got beaten by Minnesota, I warned you that we were focused on OKC and to expect a win. I think we will beat Denver Wednesday, and I want to stomp the Heat next Sunday, but I worry about the Game in Memphis the next night. I will understand if Coach Popovich doesn't want to give The Heat the full lineup.

spurraider21
03-25-2013, 06:19 PM
playing to the level of our competition right now. I still like our chances because we've shown we can turn it up against the better teams when we need to. Manu is the only legit concern atm but i'm still confident he'll get it turned around. he's going through a cold shooting streak, and when teams aren't respecting his shot, he's having a much tougher time getting to the rim off the pNr since his athleticism has declined. once he starts hitting shots, he'll get to the rim against as defenses are forced to account for his shot

in2deep
03-25-2013, 06:27 PM
it all starts and ends with D and at least we have that

diego
03-25-2013, 06:57 PM
i think also manu is trying to adjust his game and be less physical, and the results are the bad decisions. Everyone always says manu only knows how to play balls out; is it a coincidence that the one or two good plays he has lately are to close out the game? The shooting slump has dragged on for a long time now and its understandable everyone is frustrated, but I dont think he is broken down quite yet. With a little better shooting and a longer leash he'll be back to normal.

Spurs4#5
03-25-2013, 07:19 PM
I think manu is trying not to get hurt by not being physical...he did the same thing last year during the season...once the playoffs come he'll turn up the heat...no since of him going balls to the wall right now when there's no point...let manu find.different ways.to expose people.during the season...if it makes him look bad and he has a lot of turn overs so be it...he will always be able to get to the rim and freethrow line

Embedded
03-25-2013, 08:48 PM
I think manu is trying not to get hurt by not being physical...he did the same thing last year during the season...once the playoffs come he'll turn up the heat...no since of him going balls to the wall right now when there's no point...let manu find.different ways.to expose people.during the season...if it makes him look bad and he has a lot of turn overs so be it...he will always be able to get to the rim and freethrow lineGood point, I didn't think about him trying to avoid injury. He's an extremely conscientious guy, probably kills him when he's injured during the playoffs.

Poolboy5623
03-25-2013, 09:43 PM
Idk...playing good or decent while coasting is a lot different than playing like garbage(& coasting). The spurs are playing like garbage..

Poolboy5623
03-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Manu injuries easily...I really doubt he's "reigning it back" for the playoffs...hes still the same Manu, only he's starting to look his age.. it happens..