PDA

View Full Version : Do Climatic Change Tipping Points exist?

InRareForm
03-26-2013, 12:06 AM
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=do-global-tipping-points-exist

dominoes....

Wild Cobra
03-26-2013, 02:25 AM
Haven't read it yet, but just by the title, I will say only to some degree.

Over our known temperature history, the earth has settled to a maximum global temperature about 2C higher than our current temperature average, and if I recall correctly, about 10C colder at the bottom range.

The alarmists speak of a "tipping point" that will far exceed this two degrees warmer. I disagree.

Now I will go to the link.

Wild Cobra
03-26-2013, 02:30 AM
Nothing new to see here. They mention CO2, but not solar or soot. Soot has the greatest effect of the northern ice cap, yet no mention of it.

I give the article a zero for credibility.

boutons_deux
03-26-2013, 05:31 AM

takes one to know one.

the huge increase in atmospheric CO2 and soot are man-made.

Wild Cobra
03-26-2013, 05:55 AM
takes one to know one.

the huge increase in atmospheric CO2 and soot are man-made.
There are three primary factors to climate change when referring to global temperature.

Solar
Soot
CO2

When someone with an article only addresses one factor, then why listen?

RandomGuy
03-26-2013, 12:38 PM

IRONY ALERT!!!

So the article, which sums up current research was wrong when it summed up the mentioned papers? Were the papers really about unicorns, moderate republicans, or other mythological creatures?

RandomGuy
03-26-2013, 12:45 PM
There are three primary factors to climate change when referring to global temperature.

Solar
Soot
CO2

When someone with an article only addresses one factor, then why listen?

Becasuse the main theme/idea of the article was not "what is the most exhaustive listing of the causes of climate change?"

You do this all the time.

When you dont' like something someone says, then you nitpick until you find something you think is an omission or an error, then use that as an ad hominem against the main idea that is actualy being expressed.

Logical fallacy 101.