PDA

View Full Version : And the villain in the next Captain America movie is ......

lefty
03-26-2013, 01:52 AM
Georges St-Pierre Cast as Villain in Captain America: The Winter Soldier

BY DAMON MARTIN (http://bleacherreport.com/users/1975439-damon-martin)
(FEATURED COLUMNIST) ON MARCH 25, 2013
18,711 reads
57 http://static.bleacherreport.net/images/redesign/common/icon_comment.png (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1581283-georges-st-pierre-cast-as-villain-in-captain-america-winter-soldier#comments)

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1579750-ranking-every-knockout-of-2013-so-far)
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/228/847/hi-res-7151258_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75
Eric Bolte-USA TODAY Sports
Georges St-Pierre has his next assignment, and his opponent is none other than Captain America.
The UFC's defending welterweight champion has signed on to appear in the next installment of the Marvel film franchise surrounding the stars-and-stripes superhero, titled Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
The news of St-Pierre's casting was first reported by Latino Review (http://latino-review.com/2013/03/25/exclusive-georges-st-pierre-play-heavy-captain-america-winter-solider/) and later confirmed by Sportsnet reporter Joe Ferraro.
This won't be St-Pierre's first time in front of the camera, as he has been a part of a couple of straight-to-video films in the past, but his role in Captain America: The Winter Soldier will undoubtedly be his biggest starring gig to date.
In the film set for release in April 2014, St-Pierre will play villain Batroc the Leaper, an infamous mercenary in the Captain America universe.
The character, created by legendary Marvel Comics company head Stan Lee and artist Jack Kirby, first appeared all the way back in 1966.
Almost like the role was created for St-Pierre, Batroc the Leaper is a French martial artist who specializes in savate kickboxing. Although the character has no superpowers,Batroc has taken on Captain America several times. And at one point in history, he changed sides to become a hero, but it was a short-lived transition.
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/000/782/824/Batroc_pompes_h_original_crop_exact.jpg?w=340&h=226&q=85Batroc the Leaper (photo courtesy of Marvel)
The film Captain America: The Winter Soldier is based on the 2005 comic book of the same name written by Ed Brubaker in which the All-American hero is confronted by his former comrade, Bucky Barnes, who has been brainwashed and turned into a Soviet assassin code-named The Winter Soldier.
Captain America: The Winter Soldierwill be released in 2014, but filming is expected to begin in late April or early May, with filming sites primarily located in Cleveland and Los Angeles.
St-Pierre joins an all-star cast, including Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America, Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/The Black Widow and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.
The first film in the franchise, Captain America: The First Avenger, grossed more than $368 million worldwide.
As far as St-Pierre's time away from fighting to film the movie, it's expected that his character will be a secondary villain in the film, but he could be tied up for several weeks with commitments. St-Pierre could also be called back for reshoots, which happen quite often with a film the size of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
St-Pierre was already planning an extended vacation following his last fight against NickDiaz at UFC 158, so with this film now in production, it's not likely he will return until fall 2013 for another fight in the Octagon.

TDMVPDPOY
03-26-2013, 02:03 AM
not a fan of the franchise let alone the movie....

Wild Cobra
03-26-2013, 05:58 AM
And the villain in the next Captain America movie is ......
Could it be president O-Bomb-a-lot?

CubanMustGo
03-26-2013, 07:49 AM

Blake
03-26-2013, 10:29 AM
lol "all star cast"

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-26-2013, 10:59 AM
I wouldn't say it to his face. Or anywhere within earshot. But in keeping with The Club Code of Conduct, Article 8, subsection K:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0829/mma_g_st_pierre_d1_576.jpg

:lol calf tat

At least they aren't putting the guy in a central role like they did with A-Team.

CuckingFunt
03-26-2013, 12:54 PM

No.

AaronY
03-26-2013, 12:59 PM
president O-Bomb-a-lot
Jesus Christ.

You thought that was witty?

Blake
03-26-2013, 03:01 PM

Joke bomb

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-26-2013, 03:12 PM
I'd have gone with Crossdrones.

Reck
03-26-2013, 03:56 PM
not a fan of the franchise let alone the movie....

LOL indeed.

Captain America is the worst comic character to be created imo.

Blake
03-26-2013, 04:21 PM
LOL indeed.

Captain America is the worst comic character to be created imo.

for a movie, you could be right.....but i can easily think of worse

Avante
03-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Why John Jones the Martian Manhunter never caught on? The cat was almost as badass as Superman.

Latarian Milton
03-26-2013, 07:04 PM
iron man might be the only movie of the whole series that deserves a sequel tbh. captain america 1 was shit enough to disuade people from watching any potential sequel to it

TDMVPDPOY
03-27-2013, 12:48 AM
IM1 was fkn shit house, his appearance in avengers was even more shithouse, dude had alot of screen time showing how epic shit superhero he is

Latarian Milton
03-27-2013, 01:08 AM
IM1 was fkn shit house, his appearance in avengers was even more shithouse, dude had alot of screen time showing how epic shit superhero he is
downie's ironman was one of the few shining spots in the avengers and even though i have to agree the Ironman 2 was abit overrated, Iron man 1 was THE SHIT and was the best a movie of this category could ever be tbh. i honestly hope you only said that because you don't like me and that im an ardent admirer of the iron man series.

Reck
03-27-2013, 03:44 AM
downie's ironman was one of the few shining spots in the avengers and even though i have to agree the Ironman 2 was abit overrated, Iron man 1 was THE SHIT and was the best a movie of this category could ever be tbh. i honestly hope you only said that because you don't like me and that im an ardent admirer of the iron man series.

Yeah them movies are definitely good. Good old TVPD just hate American made stuff.

Although I will say that Robert Downie Jr. Queerness throws the movie off balance abit. I would have liked someone more alpha imo tbh.

Thebesteva
03-27-2013, 04:02 AM
I wonder if he can finish a fight in the film

TDMVPDPOY
03-27-2013, 05:37 AM

mistake, was meant to say CA1...

TDMVPDPOY
03-27-2013, 05:38 AM
Yeah them movies are definitely good. Good old TVPD just hate American made stuff.

Although I will say that Robert Downie Jr. Queerness throws the movie off balance abit. I would have liked someone more alpha imo tbh.

the dancing scene had no purpose, just like in spiderman 3 emo dancing

Blake
03-27-2013, 09:58 AM
the dancing scene had no purpose, just like in spiderman 3 emo dancing

Yeah, the party scene in IM2 was ugly.

Jeff Van Gundy
03-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Sad thing is that I know you thought long and hard about this joke and actually thought it was funny

Wild Cobra
03-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Sad thing is that I know you thought long and hard about this joke and actually thought it was funny
What's wrong. Can't stand someone making fun of your fantasy boyfriend?

Jeff Van Gundy
03-27-2013, 03:17 PM
What's wrong. Can't stand someone making fun of your fantasy boyfriend?

0/2 :td

You make lefty's one-liners decent