PDA

View Full Version : Coming in for Heat Game - pre and post Spurs game bars people tend to congretate to

Rummpd
03-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Coming in from DC area for a San Antonio vacation/real estate hunting trip* and founds some pretty good seats to attend the Spurs/Heat game [and might try to also catch the Clippers game at a good sports bar near or on the River area where will be staying. ] I

Is there a place Spurstalk fans congregate to watch games, particularily key games or meet afterward or before?

xtremesteven33
03-26-2013, 12:17 PM
Not that I know of

Spur|n|Austin
03-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Not that I know of

benefactor
03-26-2013, 12:21 PM
We can go where your wife and I always meet. She'll hook you up with the directions.

Strategic
03-26-2013, 01:05 PM
damn

McGusto55
03-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Fatsos on bandera

McGusto55
03-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Oh on riverwalk...Dicks,pat obriens..hooter in the mall

Strategic
03-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Pretty sure that with the age of some of the more prolific posters on ST, they probably meet at White Rabbit, Gatti's or any arcade.

look_at_g_shred
03-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Pretty sure that with the age of some of the more prolific posters on ST, they probably meet at White Rabbit, Gatti's or any arcade.
Not all shows are just for teeny boppers at the Rabbit. Going to see Parkway Drive April 6th. Big boy stuff. Back to the topic though, I usually go to Buffalo Wild Wings. Beer selection is sub-par, yet it's a great place to catch the game.

ohmwrecker
03-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Does anyone go to Liberty Bar anymore or did that building finally fall over?

Dex
03-26-2013, 03:43 PM
There is this great Mexican place that also has awesome margaritas. I think it is called...Taco Cabana.

Just kidding. Don't go to Taco Cabana for the game. Late night hangover food is permissible.

I. Hustle
03-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Take your wife to Sugar's on 410. It's a sports bar named after Sugar Ray Robinson. It has mostly a boxing theme to it. It's always packed and there are always plenty of women there. You wife will love it!

ThaBigFundamental21
03-26-2013, 04:49 PM
We can go where your wife and I always meet. She'll hook you up with the directions.

Not real cool. I thought it was an unwritten rule among grown men not to bring wives into trash talking. Especially a fellow Spurs fan. Mom's are a different story lol.

ThaBigFundamental21
03-26-2013, 04:50 PM
There is this great Mexican place that also has awesome margaritas. I think it is called...Taco Cabana.

Just kidding. Don't go to Taco Cabana for the game. Late night hangover food is permissible.

+1

ThaBigFundamental21
03-26-2013, 04:50 PM

+1

I. Hustle
03-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Not real cool. I thought it was an unwritten rule among grown men not to bring wives into trash talking. Especially a fellow Spurs fan. Mom's are a different story lol.

Stop posting! I keep staring at your avatar

Man In Black
03-26-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm flying in from the West Coast and will get some Guacamole at Boudro's on RiverWalk and some Texas BBQ( I'm sure Yelp will give me some guidance here) somewhere and of course, a stop at Mi Tierra. If I'm flying in, then I'm watching multiple games live at the ATT.
I'm contemplating a visit to http://www.phxlounge.com/ to check out this lounge that Priest Holmes owns as well as a stop at Tim Duncan's Black Jack Speed Shop.
I'm also watching the Padres play the Rangers at the Alamodome.

Other than that is Go Spurs Go the entire time my wife and I are there.

baseline bum
03-26-2013, 05:14 PM
Cherry Street is the place to be tbh.

TE
03-26-2013, 06:16 PM

Taco Cabana is an embarrassment to Mexican food. It's all about det Taco Palenque.

Spur|n|Austin
03-26-2013, 06:52 PM

Man that hooters in the Rivercenter mall brings back memories.

I'm flying in from the West Coast and will get some Guacamole at Boudro's on RiverWalk and some Texas BBQ( I'm sure Yelp will give me some guidance here) somewhere and of course, a stop at Mi Tierra. If I'm flying in, then I'm watching multiple games live at the ATT.
I'm contemplating a visit to http://www.phxlounge.com/ to check out this lounge that Priest Holmes owns as well as a stop at Tim Duncan's Black Jack Speed Shop.

:tu

benefactor
03-26-2013, 07:39 PM
He's a faggot who went all internet tough guy last season after he looked like a dumbass.

I'll take a fistful of her dark, latino hair and cuck his ass while he watches if he wants it that way. Otherwise her and I will just meet up later per our usual.

ThaBigFundamental21
03-26-2013, 08:41 PM
Stop posting! I keep staring at your avatar

Lol, me 2. That's why I like posting! Ha ha.

MSPaint
03-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Man that hooters in the Rivercenter mall brings back memories.

I know what you mean, I remember, back in high school, going to the Rivercenter IMAX to see a Lewis & Clark movie for my AP history class. Our teacher took all the guys to that Hooters after for lunch.

Rummpd
03-27-2013, 07:10 AM
[ Originally Posted by benefactor

QUOTE=ThaBigFundamental21;6438802]
Not real cool. I thought it was an unwritten rule among grown men not to bring wives into trash talking. Especially a fellow Spurs fan. Mom's are a different story lol.[/QUOTE]

Big Fundamental I agree with the earlier comment nice avatar and tx for the above, as to Mr. Benefactor - nothing unexpected there, in statistical terms, he just regressed to his normal mean, i.e. trash talking from a basement dwelling troll, who obviously is not a "grown man" in many terms with no insights related to the original post...Go Spurs beat the Heat...

I. Hustle
03-27-2013, 08:28 AM

Kick ASS! That sounds like an awesome time.

Drachen
03-27-2013, 08:59 AM
this was a much easier question to answer when the spurs played downtown.

benefactor
03-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Guess I'm just not "man" enough to challenge someone to a fight on the internet. I'll stand aside and let you take care of those tbh.

Man In Black
03-27-2013, 11:47 AM
Thanks peeps. I hope to talk to Kori, she is an old friend from back in her days here in Cali. I knew her before TiMVP found the love of his life. We all share a love for all things Spurs. Back in another place and time, Kori and I got to film a playoff preview in a TV studio. The girl gots skills. That was a good memory.

Anyways, Clippers Spurs on Friday! Padres Rangers on Saturday! Spurs BEAT Heat on Sunday! Yeah Boy!

Rummpd
03-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Guess I'm just not "man" enough to challenge someone to a fight on the internet. I'll stand aside and let you take care of those tbh.

Coming from this poster, call me impressed - to quote the great Harry Callahan*: " a mans got to know his limitations"!

At heart we are all Spurs or at least NBA fans.....

Bottom line I am a Spurs fan who started following them some thirty years or so ago from my days as an Army medic to coming back for 4 more years of training at Ft. Sam in my residencies..and then writing for another NBA team and a web site for pay in another city, but always Spurs were and are #1. San Antonio is a great town and miss a lot of things including the Spurs which I have seen in 10 other arenas and followed from afar including postings in other countries. It will be good to be back!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070355/trivia?tab=qt

hooperflash
03-31-2013, 09:43 PM

Play your online association game son!

Man In Black
03-31-2013, 10:17 PM
Sucky loss, I thought for sure I was going to go, 2-0 for this road trip but alas, bad call and 3 point bucket made it 1-1. Oh well, still had a great time though. Weird to hear so many Heat fans in San Antonio but I guess the 4-letter holds sway over a lot of those peeps.

hooperflash
03-31-2013, 10:23 PM
Sucky loss, I thought for sure I was going to go, 2-0 for this road trip but alas, bad call and 3 point bucket made it 1-1. Oh well, still had a great time though. Weird to hear so many Heat fans in San Antonio but I guess the 4-letter holds sway over a lot of those peeps.

Nothing beats the intensity we had in the Alamodome, tbh.

Juggity
03-31-2013, 10:29 PM
Nothing beats the intensity we had in the Alamodome, tbh.

Winning championships is both the best and worst thing that can happen to a franchise

Russo21
03-31-2013, 11:02 PM
Hey are you gonna sue the Heat for not playing LeBron and Wade at a game you attended? :depressed Surely you're feelings are hurt :( Where's the consistancy Stern you tool.

McGusto55
04-01-2013, 12:53 AM
Play your online association game son!

Shit.. I know been busy..

Rummpd
04-01-2013, 06:22 AM
F*ing J. Crawford - no celebration last PM.