PDA

View Full Version : Too optimist...hard awake

JUUOT
07-07-2005, 08:53 AM
it seems the championship, and the rapid agreement with horry has heat the spursfan. (me included)

However, we start thinking everything is possible and money will flow.
How do you want to have 12 higly competitive guy? how do you share playing time?

Let's take the wings:
Manu and bowen are the uncontested starter taking at least 60mn of the 96 available.
Then Barry finally became a spur in the final and after a year in the system and the pressure going down now that the title is home he should kee his spot in the rotation.
Therefor if you bring back both Brown and Robinson and add a young 3 to learn behind bowen.
You end up with 4 men for 36 mn. Barry Brown and Robinson can not all be on the team. Robinson came only because Brown was hurt. Choices have to be made and will be made.

For the front court.
There is some great trade rumors going on. but the priority should be to extend Nazr so you can trade rsaho without long term problem. or keep them both until you saw what a newcomer can do (scola)

When you are the champions, when your superstar player will be 100% instead of 75%. your energy guy is rested and your 23 years old pair of PG get better and better. your approach has to be precautious. and as would say pop it is all about not screwing it.
There will be no major deal unless future is insured. and most probably it will be small adition that will add a piece to the puzzle.

LJIII would virtually be a new player. nazr and barry are still new and a new big should arrive. So you will have the rate of new blud coming in (one rookie a year)

Now that background is set.
What would you do. Go agressive a la Lakers and keep adding talent and worry about chemistry and playing time later?

or you take the "don t screw up approach? Which 2 do you keep between Barry, brown and Robinson?
do you refuse trade concerning rasho until you signed nazr?
do you wit and see and keep both and talk trade later in the season?

mookie2001
07-07-2005, 08:57 AM
happens every year...

JUUOT
07-07-2005, 09:02 AM
but this one is special. first it is only the third time it follows a title.
Than for the first time 6 of the 7 men that played in finals are under contract for 2 more years and the big three for the 5 years coming.

personnaly, i would keep brown over robinson cause less exensive and can be SG behind when barry gets old (soon)

i do not trade neither rasho nor nazr before having seen them into the season or unless nazr signed a rasho type extension.

i load the other spots with young players and one or 2 veterans

TheTruth
07-07-2005, 09:14 AM
Yeah, but I want an allstar at every position. :smokin

JUUOT
07-07-2005, 09:16 AM
you have bowen who is not all star but Defensive first team.
you have 3 all star tony (soon), manu, tim,
Nazr if he improves could be a all star caliber...

But on the bench can you add talent and make a guy like glenn with three years left in his legs play only few minutes...

TheTruth
07-07-2005, 09:17 AM
i was just joking. i agree with what you are saying.

JUUOT
07-07-2005, 09:21 AM
i know. but THE TRUTH is we might keep the same roster except for maybee Scola...in our 12 men

glenn only to leave