PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Sacre or Howard?

ElNono
03-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Lakeshow will have to make a pretty big commitment this summer if that clown wants to stay. The question: is it worth it?

- He might be hurt now, but is this what Howard will look like from here on out? Back injuries can be unforgiving.
- He has had shoulder issues too. Does he need time to heal or is he breaking down?
- His free throw woes are well documented, and his post game isn't as dominant as other guys that could coast through it, like Shaq. He also doesn't look like he feels he needs to improve that aspect of his game.
- Doesn't know how to work out double-teams, gets ball stripped a lot.
- Doesn't really fit Nas... D'Antoni system. It's a system that relies more on pick & pop bigs that can shoot.
- Above all, he doesn't look to have the urgency and work ethic a winning franchise like the Lakers demand. Team can be down 25 and he'll still be goofing around in the bench.

On the other hand, Lakers could build up Sacre for dimes, keep nurturing Clark who is a better fit for the system, and the Teacher could use the money to go plunder another franchise player from another team (CP3?).

What say you?

Thread
03-26-2013, 06:21 PM
I say let him walk away without comment. Then use that money to choose somebody we want. Don't make a trade for warm bodies. Absolutely not.

The Batman
03-26-2013, 06:23 PM
Lakeshow will have to make a pretty big commitment this summer if that clown wants to stay. The question: is it worth it?

- He might be hurt now, but is this what Howard will look like from here on out? Back injuries can be unforgiving.
- He has had shoulder issues too. Does he need time to heal or is he breaking down?
- His free throw woes are well documented, and his post game isn't as dominant as other guys that could coast through it, like Shaq. He also doesn't look like he feels he needs to improve that aspect of his game.
- Doesn't really fit Nas... D'Antoni system. It's a system that relies more on pick & pop bigs that can shoot.
- Above all, he doesn't look to have the urgency and work ethic a winning franchise like the Lakers demand. Team can be down 25 and he'll still be goofing around in the bench.

On the other hand, Lakers could build up Sacre for dimes, keep nurturing Clark who is a better fit for the system, and the Teacher could use the money to go plunder another franchise player from another team (CP3?).

What say you?

Read from a supposed insider that CP3 is re-signing with the Clips. Also said Eric Bledsoe may end up with Utah in the Summer.

Thread
03-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Read from a supposed insider that CP3 is re-signing with the Clips. Also said Eric Bledsoe may end up with Utah in the Summer.

Bledsoe is waiver wire materiel, and Paul is like Howard=a loser.

ElNono
03-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Raja Bell might be available. Knows the system inside and out.

The Batman
03-26-2013, 06:29 PM
Bledsoe is waiver wire materiel, and Paul is like Howard=a loser.

So who should they spend that money on if Dwight walks?

DAF86
03-26-2013, 06:31 PM
Sign and trade?

baseline bum
03-26-2013, 06:33 PM

No one, since their payroll is at $78 million for 2013-14 if Bible Kemp walks for nothing.

td4mvp2k
03-26-2013, 06:34 PM
Raja Bell might be available. Knows the system inside and out.

Wtf do u give 4 what the flakers do?

ElNono
03-26-2013, 06:36 PM
Wtf do u give 4 what the flakers do?

I like basketball in general, watch a lot of teams besides the Spurs... I think after looking at Dwight in LA uniform this season, this is going to be one of those interesting subplots in the summer...

Thebesteva
03-26-2013, 06:55 PM
If I were the Lakers I would make this trade:

Lakers Trade:

- Pau Gasol
- Metta
- Dwight Howard
- Nash

Lakers Acquire

- Thiago Splitter
- Kawhi Leonard

ElNono
03-26-2013, 07:14 PM
If I were the Lakers I would make this trade:

Lakers Trade:

- Pau Gasol
- Metta
- Dwight Howard
- Nash

Lakers Acquire

- Thiago Splitter
- Kawhi Leonard

You have to match salaries. You can't trade age for salaries.

Thebesteva
03-26-2013, 07:15 PM
You have to match salaries. You can't trade age for salaries.

I'm a Laker fan, I dont know how this shit works. All I say is Do It Mitch! And magic happens and we get superstars for Luke Walton type of players

ElNono
03-26-2013, 07:15 PM
I mean Kawhi is young enough to be one of Nash's ducked children.

ElNono
03-26-2013, 07:17 PM
I'm a Laker fan, I dont know how this shit works. All I say is Do It Mitch! And magic happens and we get superstars for Luke Walton type of players

tbh, I bet Stern regrets cockblocking that CP3 trade...

Thread
03-26-2013, 07:19 PM

I have no idea. I just know I wouldn't spend it on Howard, nor, Paul.

Thebesteva
03-26-2013, 07:19 PM
tbh, I bet Stern regrets cockblocking that CP3 trade...

Why? Because it sank the franchise for the next decade? You and I both know if CP3 was on the Lakers he would be pedestrian like Nash. Kobe can't play alongside guys like CP3 and Nash. He needs guys that are shooters since he can't make his teammates much better.

Thread
03-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Sign and trade?

No. Don't fall for that game. Just let him go away and choose wisely exactly whom you want, not what you must settle for.

ElNono
03-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Why? Because it sank the franchise for the next decade? You and I both know if CP3 was on the Lakers he would be pedestrian like Nash. Kobe can't play alongside guys like CP3 and Nash. He needs guys that are shooters since he can't make his teammates much better.

CP3 fits like a glove there, including the bad acting. Plus, unlike Dwight, he actually looks like he wants to win.

Chinook
03-26-2013, 07:21 PM
... the Teacher could use the money to go plunder another franchise player from another team (CP3?).

I say let him walk away without comment. Then use that money to choose somebody we want. Don't make a trade for warm bodies. Absolutely not.

Sign and trade?

No. The Lakers will not be allowed to take back any player in a sign-and-trade deal (unless they amnesty Gasol). If they let Howard go, they still have no money to spend. Their best at improving their roster is to re-sign Howard and then trade him in December.

EDIT: link:http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q89

ElNono
03-26-2013, 07:21 PM
And Stern hates it because it's $$$ going down the drain for him.

Thread
03-26-2013, 07:22 PM

Exactly. Kobe does not make players better. Better players make Kobe better. That's why Paul, Howard and Nash have failed chronologically.

Thebesteva
03-26-2013, 07:23 PM
Exactly. Kobe does not make players better. Better players make Kobe better. That's why Paul, Howard and Nash have failed chronologically.

Kobe has nothing left to prove. If I was Kobe I would just take pix of my dick and sell it to LG members like Jeffs and CMB.

Thread
03-26-2013, 07:26 PM
Kobe has nothing left to prove. If I was Kobe I would just take pix of my dick and sell it to LG members like Jeffs and CMB.

True. That's why he'll aspire to another ring, but, he'll settle for pursuing Jabbar. He'll just do it "secretly"--like a child, like nobody knows what he's up to. That 5th sealed it for him. The 4th was a means to the end. He'll portend emeritus standing. He won't get it, but, he'll portend nonetheless. The last thing he NEEDED was that 5th. He WANTS Jabbar's records.

NEEDS & WANTS. Man's infinite quest.

Thebesteva
03-26-2013, 07:29 PM
True. That's why he'll aspire to another ring, but, he'll settle for pursuing Jabbar. He'll just do it "secretly"--like a child, like nobody knows what he's up to. That 5th sealed it for him. The 4th was a means to the end. He'll portend emeritus standing. He won't get it, but, he'll portend nonetheless. The last thing he NEEDED was that 5th. He WANTS Jabbar's records.

NEEDS & WANTS. Man's infinite quest.

Speaking of needs Im gonna grab a bacon burger brb

Thread
03-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Speaking of needs Im gonna grab a bacon burger brb

I'm on a diet. I'm having fat free weiners and sauerkraut.

Fuck me.

spurraider21
03-26-2013, 08:01 PM

:lmao the goods

baseline bum
03-26-2013, 08:34 PM
I mean Kawhi is young enough to be one of Nash's ducked children.

Too black to be one of Howard's though.

Latarian Milton
03-26-2013, 08:38 PM
don't think you can use the money to sign someone else when you have a 100+ million payroll tbh. it's gonna help your future financial flexibility but you're gonna wait until kobe runs out of his term before you can sign anyone from free agency imho

whitemamba
03-26-2013, 08:46 PM

What say you?

:lol

im really tempted to bring my old avatar back tbh.

Mugen
03-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Cully was right about Howard since last season tbh.

Thread
03-26-2013, 09:35 PM
^Danka.