PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Does Crawford have the worst shot selection in the league?

AussieFanKurt
03-26-2013, 11:33 PM
?

HarlemHeat37
03-26-2013, 11:44 PM
Josh Smith, Byron Mullens, Nick Young, Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings, JR Smith, Michael Beasley, Jordan Crawford, Marcus Thornton, Rudy Gay are on the same level as him, off the top of my head, tbh..

spurraider21
03-26-2013, 11:52 PM
Kobe, Westbrook

Dam Harlem, thats a pretty good list you put up. :tu

Latarian Milton
03-26-2013, 11:55 PM
at least nigga didn't miss the target so horribly like barnes did tbh

TDfan2007
03-27-2013, 12:00 AM
Josh Smith, Byron Mullens, Nick Young, Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings, JR Smith, Michael Beasley, Jordan Crawford, Marcus Thornton, Rudy Gay are on the same level as him, off the top of my head, tbh..

Throw in Kobe, Carmelo, and Westbrook as well, but good list.

lefty
03-27-2013, 08:55 AM
All these players are black

Spur-Addict
03-27-2013, 09:41 AM
All these players are black

It's not their fault they dominate the league. There would be more white guys, yellow guys and other sorts of brown guys out there making bad decisions but they're not even good enough to make bad decisions on the highest level sadly. The prevalence of individualism (IMO) is the result the erosion of fundamentals in the intermediate levels, the lack of long term development at these levels and the marketing of the game.

AaronY
03-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Monta Ellis is shooting 27% on three pointers this year. So he takes 4 a game.

81% of his shots are jumpers... His effective fg% on jumpers is 35.6

AaronY
03-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Basically Ellis should never shoot a jumper again in his entire career. So naturally he makes it rain jumpers

ohmwrecker
03-27-2013, 12:36 PM
That whole team are a bunch of chuckers. They took a shitload of ridiculous jumpers v. Dallas. They made the Mavs shooters look sensible and conscientious.

Killakobe81
03-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Kobe's is bad ... but he makes more than the most of the guys on Harlem's list ...
Plus his mid-range shots (his prime eating area) are good shots. Kobe's problems he takes way too many over double teams or with a hand in his face.

SO yes his shot selection is bad especially when he is hot or cold. When he is hot he takes bad shots and makes them. When he is cold he shoots himself out of it or at least tries. When he plays to the norm his shot selection is nowhere near as bad as Crawfords.

OKC
03-27-2013, 02:26 PM
He takes some eyebrow raising shots, but the thing with him is he seems to be super streaky. When he's on a hot streak though, he's making those absurd looking attempts consistently. If the guy gets 1 or 2 to fall it seems he can throw them up behind his back and they'll go in.

unforeseen
03-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Yes.

hater
03-27-2013, 02:32 PM
you know you in another league if you dribble from backcourt and pull up a shot just ahead of the midcourt line with 18 seconds left in the shot clock like Chimpbrook does

Sean Cagney
03-27-2013, 02:33 PM

Good list, I would like to add one of our own to that list in Gary Neal lol, he doesn't play much now but when he does he can launch up contested long range threes in a heartbeat.

HarlemHeat37
03-27-2013, 03:20 PM
I forgot Alan Anderson..considering his lack of ability, he's probably the most egregious offender in the league, tbh..

AaronY
03-27-2013, 03:53 PM
I forgot Alan Anderson..considering his lack of ability, he's probably the most egregious offender in the league, tbh..
I dunno, I really gotta go with Ellis. If someone told me he was throwing games I wouldn't be the least bit surprised

TheCultOfPersonality
03-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Great list.

Byron Mullens is by far the worst player mentioned. He isn't even a skilled offensive player yet he chucks like there's no tommorrow. Also of all the players you mentioned, Byron Mullens has the worst field goal percentage of all of them and he's the only center mentioned. He's also useless at pretty much everything else. This guy should be player in the NBDL. Not the NBA.

AussieFanKurt
03-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Byron Mullens is by far the worst player mentioned. He isn't even a skilled offensive player yet he chucks like there's no tommorrow. Also of all the players you mentioned, Byron Mullens has the worst field goal percentage of all of them and he's the only center mentioned. He's also useless at pretty much everything else. This guy should be player in the NBDL. Not the NBA.

Cats that desperate for offense they tell him to chuck.. who else gunna do it.. biyombo?

TrainOfThought5
03-27-2013, 05:54 PM
you know you in another league if you dribble from backcourt and pull up a shot just ahead of the midcourt line with 18 seconds left in the shot clock like Chimpbrook does