PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Truth bombs. Kobe's legay

apalisoc_9
03-27-2013, 12:50 AM
http://clnsradio.com/2013/03/26/kobe-bryant-exposing-myths-arguments-fallacies-define-his-inflated-greatness/

Tittle:lol

fevertrees
03-27-2013, 12:57 AM
like an article from a diehard Celtics fan is worth a shit in regards to the GOAT behind Jordan!

irishock
03-27-2013, 01:09 AM
like an article from a diehard Celtics fan is worth a shit in regards to the GOAT behind Jordan!

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2vsiuz4.jpg

no photoshop, tbh

Thebesteva
03-27-2013, 01:18 AM
Wow, another Celtics fan article about Kobe being overrated. That's like reading an article from Bill O'reilly on Bill Clinton's legacy

lefty
03-27-2013, 02:46 AM
Still

Truce bombs

Jacob1983
03-27-2013, 03:02 AM
http://i.qkme.me/35w4ve.jpg

Arcadian
03-27-2013, 05:09 AM
Solid article. Will recommend to others.

It's funny how there's a lot of anti-Kobe literature on the web these days (and rightfully so), while on the other hand there is a lot of pro-Duncan literature. At this rate, Tim will be remembered in a much better light by future generations. And again, rightfully so.

Thread
03-27-2013, 08:14 AM
^
Fine, you have that light. I'm stickin' with this:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Let us proceed...

UNCLE-DREW
03-27-2013, 08:18 AM
^
Fine, you have that light. I'm stickin' with this:::

Let us proceed...

some spurs fan should quote you everytime you post with a picture of shaq's shoes and

Finals MVP

TD:3
the ultimate chucker: 2

Thread
03-27-2013, 08:24 AM
some spurs fan should quote you everytime you post with a picture of shaq's shoes and

Finals MVP

TD:3
the ultimate chucker: 2

I don't do dust collector's, prettys, MVPs, MIPs, et al & etc. I do two things:::

1. make the playoffs
2. win the last game you play

Even (1) is nothing more than the means to attain (2). Without 2, 1 renders you to the field of 29.

Ipso facto, "spurs fan" can have that shit. Me? I'm stickin' with:::

Come ta Pappy.

Signed,

- Pappy

ambchang
03-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Well thought out and analysed, backed up by facts.

Certainly better than unconvincing arguments by taking purely team accomplishments as the one and only gauge.

Juggity
03-27-2013, 11:43 AM
I don't do dust collector's, prettys, MVPs, MIPs, et al & etc. I do two things:::

1. make the playoffs
2. win the last game you play

Even (1) is nothing more than the means to attain (2). Without 2, 1 renders you to the field of 29.

Ipso facto, "spurs fan" can have that shit. Me? I'm stickin' with:::

Come ta Pappy.

Signed,

- Pappy

There is an interesting dichotomy in your "Kobe 5, TOSBD 4" refrain — on one hand, you maintain that individual awards such as MVPs, FMVPs do not count. On the other hand, you credit whole titles to individuals as if they were an individual award.

If you had said "Lakers 16, Spurs 4" that would make sense, because it is true; the Lakers franchise as a whole has achieved 16 titles, even if a few are tainted.

If you had said, "Since 1999, Lakers 5, Spurs 4" that would also make sense.

Kobe, however, has not achieved 5 titles individually. Duncan has not achieved 4 individually. At best, both have done the lion's share of work on 2 and 3 titles, respectively. Thus why Kobe has 2 FMVPs and Duncan 3. Given your lack of interest in "dust collectors" — that is to say, individually accolades — it is more than a little confusing for you to credit titles thus as individual awards; especially when FMVPs already does a better job gauging the amount of work each player did in earning his respective team a title.

HarlemHeat37
03-27-2013, 11:45 AM
I agree with the premise, but most of the arguments are pretty shitty, tbh..

Poor article, overall IMO..

Jodelo
03-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Good read!

lefty20
03-27-2013, 11:57 AM
I agree with the premise, but most of the arguments are pretty shitty, tbh..

Poor article, overall IMO..

Idk, most of those arguments seemed legit and backed up with incontrovertible stats.

KaiRMD1
03-27-2013, 01:01 PM
There is an interesting dichotomy in your "Kobe 5, TOSBD 4" refrain — on one hand, you maintain that individual awards such as MVPs, FMVPs do not count. On the other hand, you credit whole titles to individuals as if they were an individual award.

If you had said "Lakers 16, Spurs 4" that would make sense, because it is true; the Lakers franchise as a whole has achieved 16 titles, even if a few are tainted.

Kobe, however, has not achieved 5 titles individually. Duncan has not achieved 4 individually. At best, both have done the lion's share of work on 2 and 3 titles, respectively. Thus why Kobe has 2 FMVPs and Duncan 3. Given your lack of interest in "dust collectors" — that is to say, individually accolades — it is more than a little confusing for you to credit titles thus as individual awards; especially when FMVPs already does a better job gauging the amount of work each player did in earning his respective team a title.

As much as this pretty much sums it up, his reply is gonna be:

Tired old Shitbag Duncan: 4

No matter how much intelligence is thrown at him, he's an idiot with simple replies.

Also, very interesting and truthful article. Kobe fans will ignore it and say things like what have already appeared on this thread.

silverblk mystix
03-27-2013, 04:24 PM
Truth bomb article. It points out the stupidity of Kobe fans in an undeniable manner.

The fact that most people here already had seen all of these sickening media tactics and hated Kobe even more because of it - and pointed it out to kobe fans repeatedly - and the way that kobe fans still refuse to see - confirms this stupidity even more.

Thread
03-27-2013, 05:56 PM

Boiled down:::

Juggity
03-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Boiled down:::

Thread
03-27-2013, 06:17 PM

You ain't talking me out of it, Jugs. If & when the roles are reversed I would die before I tried to talk you out it. Take it like a trooper:::

Juggity
03-27-2013, 06:28 PM
You ain't talking me out of it, Jugs. If & when the roles are reversed I would die before I tried to talk you out it. Take it like a trooper:::

I'm gonna go with:::

Lakers since '99: 5
Spurs since '99: 4

&

TOSB Duncan: 3
Kobe: 2

JingleJangleJingle
03-27-2013, 06:32 PM

the roles were reversed and nobody gave a shit since Shaq was Duncan's main rival.

Thread
03-27-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm gonna go with:::

Lakers since '99: 5
Spurs since '99: 4

&

TOSB Duncan: 3
Kobe: 2

Knock yerself out. I'll stick with:::

Kpbe: 5