PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: sons I hate Griffin, but God almighty the Clippers got screwed tonight

BRHornet45
03-27-2013, 01:35 AM
just saw the highlights and its no surprise the NBA is consistently losing money every year. that should have been a game winning, incredible shot at the end.

in no other professional sport is the outcome of the game controlled by the officiating as much as it is in basketball. unbelievable.

irishock
03-27-2013, 01:37 AM
Makeup call tbh. They gave CP3 a late call for flopping, giving em 2 points

BRHornet45
03-27-2013, 01:38 AM
Makeup call tbh.

and that is exactly my point and what is wrong with this joke of a "professional sports league".

D-Wade
03-27-2013, 01:43 AM
Tough call. I don't think you should call something like that. Great finish by Griffin. That said, Griffin does grab Dirk's jersey a bit. You can see it in the last angle here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TcLFsQDMeo

That said, anything to screw the Fakers over...

chapnis
03-27-2013, 02:01 AM
I don't like Griffin, probably wanted the Mavs to win but hell, that was a screwjob by the refs.

KaiRMD1
03-27-2013, 02:22 AM
I agree, it would have been an AWESOME game winner but oh well, welcome to the NBEA

spurraider21
03-27-2013, 04:02 AM
at least it wasn't a late whistle. it was blown before griffin even touched the ball.

Thread
03-27-2013, 04:03 AM
Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

Jacob1983
03-27-2013, 04:24 AM
in no other professional sport is the outcome of the game controlled by the officiating as much as it is in basketball. unbelievable.

In other news, water is wet.

Mao Zedong
03-27-2013, 04:29 AM
It was a foul. I see no problem.

Thread
03-27-2013, 04:29 AM
^
Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

OKC
03-27-2013, 07:22 AM
You can't grab a fist full of jersey in order to gain an advantage in position. Dirk knew he had a hold of his jersey and sold the foul.

Fabbs
03-27-2013, 07:53 AM
Tough call. I don't think you should call something like that. Great finish by Griffin. That said, Griffin does grab Dirk's jersey a bit. You can see it in the last angle here:
That said, anything to screw the Fakers over...
I've watched it 5Xs and do not see Griffin grabbing Dorks jersey. I'm not saying he does not, but how can you tell from the angle?
Jersey grab or not, watch Dorks right hand and elbow. Definitely he shoves into Griffin.
At best a dual no call.
Bullshit.

:lol Dork plodding around like a drunk Herman Munster.
What of the NBAs *alleged* no flop rule? They gonna review this bullshit?

Killakobe81
03-27-2013, 07:59 AM
LOL it was a legit call ...I probably would not of called it (I used to ref some) but to say you cant see the grab etc. On replay is crazy When I can see it plain as day. If you say ref coukd not, what does it matter if he "anticpated" the foul and got it right?

Sure the NBA seems scripted if you are a crazy conspiratist ...but what is exactly out of place in the NBA? The heat are clearly better than the rest it just took 1.5 seasons longer than expected. Lakers Mavs and Celts are aging ... VDN and D'antoni are shitty coaches and Pop is a great one alllowing the Spurs to over-achieve a bit ...

Fabbs
03-27-2013, 08:13 AM
Are y'all talking about Griffins right hand or left hand when speaking of jersey grab?

If Griffin is grabbing Dorks jersey, this would cause Dork to come into Griffin.
Instead Dork flails the other way.

Repeat, watch Dorks left arm.

Thread
03-27-2013, 08:15 AM
^Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

Sportstudi
03-27-2013, 08:17 AM
It was a close call. However, the refs made more than up for it earlier in the game. Paul's flop + the tech against Mike James, that terrible flop by Odom (against Marion iirc) and that "charge" by Griffin against Carter. I could go on. Thus, the Clips should stop whining. They got enough favorable, undeserved calls during the game.

Clipper Nation
03-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Gotta love the logic here.... when the Clippers flop, they just flop.... when another team flops, it's "payback" for the Clippers flopping in the past :lol

Bottom line is, Dirk flopped the Mavs to a victory and canceled out Blake's game-winner.... at least I can admit my team flops, not sure why Mavfan can't do the same....

The Batman
03-27-2013, 09:38 AM
You can't make that call at the end of the game.

monosylab1k
03-27-2013, 09:56 AM
It was a clear foul by Griffin, which Dirk sold by exaggerating the contact. That, by the definition set by the NBA, is NOT a flop. You can exaggerate contact on legit fouls. Flops are the bullshit CP3 did to Cousins where there is no foul but you try to deceive the refs into thinking there was.

Sportstudi
03-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Gotta love the logic here.... when the Clippers flop, they just flop.... when another team flops, it's "payback" for the Clippers flopping in the past :lol

Bottom line is, Dirk flopped the Mavs to a victory and canceled out Blake's game-winner.... at least I can admit my team flops, not sure why Mavfan can't do the same....

Dirk didn't flop. He may have exaggerated the contact, but Griffin clearly shoved and grabbed him. That's not a flop by the NBA rules (as Mono explained). Don't get me wrong, I don't like flopping and I have absolutely no problem to admit that if one guy of the Mavs flopped in any game. But there is a reason why, sorry to say that, your team is known and labelled as Flop-City". You could see that again in yesterday's game with Paul, Griffin and Odom. And the amount of flops you can find on e.g. youtube from Paul, Griffin etc.. goes through the roof.

Fabbs
03-27-2013, 10:25 AM
It was a clear foul by Griffin, which Dirk sold by exaggerating the contact. That, by the definition set by the NBA, is NOT a flop. You can exaggerate contact on legit fouls. Flops are the bullshit CP3 did to Cousins where there is no foul but you try to deceive the refs into thinking there was.
Bullshit!

The NBA said flopping will be defined as "any physical act that appears to have been intended to cause the referees to call a foul on another player."

"The primary factor in determining whether a player committed a flop is whether his physical reaction to contact with another player is inconsistent with what would reasonably be expected given the force or direction of the contact," the league said.

monosylab1k
03-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Bullshit!

The NBA said flopping will be defined as "any physical act that appears to have been intended to cause the referees to call a foul on another player."

"The primary factor in determining whether a player committed a flop is whether his physical reaction to contact with another player is inconsistent with what would reasonably be expected given the force or direction of the contact," the league said.

The NBA's official video clearly states exaggerating contact on legit fouls is not a punishable offense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I65Lqjh4fo

Fabbs
03-27-2013, 11:01 AM
:rollin yeah listen to the comments after plays 1 and 2.
Now apply to Dorks play.

Clearly states exaggerating contact on legit fouls is a punishable offense.

ambchang
03-27-2013, 11:10 AM
It's OK when Reggie did it. It's OK when Mike did it.

Not sure why it's not OK when Blake did it.

monosylab1k
03-27-2013, 11:23 AM
:rollin yeah listen to the comments after plays 1 and 2.
Now apply to Dorks play.

Clearly states exaggerating contact on legit fouls is a punishable offense.

Over embellishment i.e. throwing your body on the floor and writhing in pain is punishable. Dirk did no such thing. Don't be so obtuse.

monosylab1k
03-27-2013, 11:25 AM
When the NBA does nothing to punish Dirk for this, i expect an apology from Fabbs.

Fabbs
03-27-2013, 11:27 AM
When the NBA does nothing to punish Dirk for this, i expect an apology from Fabbs.
:lol time you could have spent making up another profile.

monosylab1k
03-27-2013, 11:30 AM
:lol time you could have spent making up another profile.

Your apology is duly noted.

Fabbs
03-27-2013, 11:34 AM
throwing your body on the floor and writhing in pain is the only way to receive the embellishment call. My Dorkys flailing around like a drunk Herman Munster is classy and i agree with his flop.

monosylab1k
03-27-2013, 11:41 AM
Your apology is duly noted

Killakobe81
03-27-2013, 12:30 PM

Agree with Mono here. Sure it is splitting hairs I dont like any "acting" but by rule he is right. Dirk did get hit and I dont think Dirk flopped he pulled away and exaggerated a bit. Because Blake grabbed then pushed off Dirk exaggerated his arms to show he whad to "rip himself away" from Blake. Again I dont call that to decide a game ...but cant honestly sit here and say that was not a foul ... a non-call is deciding that game just as well ...i just prefer a "play" and not a call decide a game ...but I cant blame the ref there.

Clipper Nation
03-27-2013, 01:32 PM
You can play semantics all you want, but reverse the players - if it was Blake exaggerating like that and canceling out a Dirk game-winner, everyone would call it a flop by Blake....

Dirk floppedPERIOD

Fabbs
03-27-2013, 03:58 PM
It was a clear foul by Griffin, which Dirk sold by exaggerating the contact.
By NBA definition you just gave Dork a flop.

Que the backpedal welching.

monosylab1k
03-27-2013, 04:02 PM
By NBA definition you just gave Dork a flop.

Que the backpedal welching.

Per the NBA flopping video, exaggeration is allowed within reason. It's the Chris Paul level "throw yourself to the floor" flopping that gets penalized.

NBA still hasn't punished Dirk for flopping. Your apology is duly noted.

Latarian Milton
03-27-2013, 10:17 PM
didn't see no screwed officiating from the game last night. the only benefit mavs received from the refs was that they ejected mike james before he could cost his team another close game tbh

Latarian Milton
03-27-2013, 10:20 PM
dirk was in the right position to intercept the pass and monkeyball shoved him off balance using his claw, it was a legit foul imho