PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Peace Out

Sportcamper
03-27-2013, 10:14 AM
An MRI exam revealed that Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace has a tear in the lateral meniscus in his left knee.

This might mean that D Antoni will have to do something really strange like position Pau Gasol under the basket…:dramaquee

http://www.foxsportswest.com/fox-sports-networks/story/World-Peace-out-with-torn-meniscus-in-le?blockID=884773&feedID=3707

Fabbs
03-27-2013, 10:19 AM
"Sorry bout the injury," World Peace tweeted. "First ever knee injury. Recovery time hopefully is a week and a half."

:rollin Steroids are a wonderful thing.
If that Neaderthal comes back from torn meniscus in a week and a half....:lol

CavsSuperFan
03-27-2013, 10:30 AM
Story goes that he tells D Antoni during the game,
Ron…My knee does not feel right
D Antoni… Well then you should not be out there
Ron… It only hurts behind the knee so I think I am OK

Win or lose the Lakers are always a great source of entertainment…

TDMVPDPOY
03-27-2013, 10:41 AM
no pau, no ron = more shots for kobe

jeebus
03-27-2013, 11:00 AM
He could always pull a Derrick Rose/Eric Gordon and just sit out even though he's been cleared to play for a couple months.

Man In Black
03-27-2013, 12:49 PM
It's up to the "Mustache with Teeth" to figure out how to get that team into the playoffs. Since he doesn't scheme for 2 bigs, that's a huge issue. The injury fairy did them no favors.

Thebesteva
03-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Pau shoot 3's you bitch as nikka - D'antoni

Koolaid_Man
03-27-2013, 04:49 PM
An MRI exam revealed that Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace has a tear in the lateral meniscus in his left knee.

This might mean that D Antoni will have to do something really strange like position Pau Gasol under the basket…:dramaquee

http://www.foxsportswest.com/fox-sports-networks/story/World-Peace-out-with-torn-meniscus-in-le?blockID=884773&feedID=3707

I think now I can finally call it quits..accept defeat and Congrats Lebron on his 2nd title.

It seems the curse of Donald Sterling has transferred to old Jimmy and Chaz...

3 head coaching changes all in a single season - WOW!!!

Dwight, Pau, Nash, Hill, Blake all out for significant stretches....and now recently injured MWP + Jamison to join that list!!!

Jerry Buss dies!!!!

Mitch at the behest of Jimmy and Chaz refused to sign vets that could help...refused to trade Gasol for J-Smooth when he had the chance...refused to re-hire Phil when he had the chance and instead chose to build around a 40yr old PG.

I commend Kobe for carrying the load this season in the face of such adversity

All in all I can take solace in the fact that it's

Kobe 5
Lebron 2

Fuck all yall :toast

LakaFan
03-27-2013, 05:32 PM
I think now I can finally call it quits..accept defeat and Congrats Lebron on his 2nd title.

Dwight, Pau, Nash, Hill, Blake all out for significant stretches....and now recently injured MWP + Jamison to join that list!!!

Jerry Buss dies!!!!

Mitch at the behest of Jimmy and Chaz refused to sign vets that could help...refused to trade Gasol for J-Smooth when he had the chance...refused to re-hire Phil when he had the chance and instead chose to build around a 40yr old PG.

Kobe 5
Lebron 2

Swing thru my nigg!

Thread
03-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Only pussies & assholes play the injury card.

DPG21920
03-27-2013, 06:46 PM
They should throw Ebanks in there, not Meeks. They have enough offense and he has potential to defend laterally quick players.

LittleCriminal
03-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Out six weeks...

Koolaid_Man
03-27-2013, 07:35 PM
Only pussies & assholes play the injury card.

unfortunately I'm a pussy and asshole at this time..might as well call me tit face while you're at it...no harm no foul...I accept it

AaronY
03-29-2013, 09:34 AM
They should throw Ebanks in there, not Meeks. They have enough offense and he has potential to defend laterally quick players.
He has the same problem as a lot of Lakers; they're either all offense or all defense with nothing in between. That team must be a nightmare to coach. To top it all off they don't get along with one another and they commit some of the most amazing turnovers you'll ever see considering their experience level.

DMC
03-29-2013, 10:08 AM

Jerry Buss dies!!!!

Kobe 5
Lebron 2

You're all about carrying a load in the face.

Thread
03-29-2013, 10:47 AM
they commit some of the most amazing turnovers you'll ever see considering their experience level.

That's the bitter truth and it stems from a core value that the team is fractured talent wise and and they know it. The NBA is conducted in split seconds. The Lakers are taking those off and the results are anarchy.

AaronY
03-29-2013, 01:05 PM
That's the bitter truth and it stems from a core value that the team is fractured talent wise and and they know it. The NBA is conducted in split seconds. The Lakers are taking those off and the results are anarchy.
Yeah, they really are an exhilarating team to watch because they are so all over the map. The coach whoever it is will get a lot of the blame but I don't know how multiple veteran hall of famers making retarded turnovers can be put on coaching. The only thing you can say is its the coach's job to keep them focused but its like they have this impatient, going through the motions, lemme just fast forward thru this mindset but these are guys who do know better already. It's like self destructive behavior

Thread
03-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Yeah, they really are an exhilarating team to watch because they are so all over the map. The coach whoever it is will get a lot of the blame but I don't know how multiple veteran hall of famers making retarded turnovers can be put on coaching. The only thing you can say is its the coach's job to keep them focused but its like they have this impatient, going through the motions, lemme just fast forward thru this mindset but these are guys who do know better already. It's like self destructive behavior

Exactly. It's not D'Antoni.

And you're right, they want to "fast forward thru" it/season so they can get onto Cancun and on-line shopping excursions. + Kobe wants to stockpile points, so he's not completely checked out and can portend doing the right thing by hunting points. It's a sham, but, he figures he's entitled. They're are moments when they'll fire up, but, it's fleeting.

If it weren't for that Lottery pick coming here. Like if it was going to say Portland, or, anywhere else save to you, or, Boston I'd be pulling for Dallas. They'll give you a fight. There is mutual blood there in the water. But, "If" is for shit. I got to go on to the end and hope we can squeeze in and deny these fucks here that pick.

Koolaid_Man
03-29-2013, 03:40 PM
You're all about carrying a load in the face.

DMC et al,

Nothing but love fellas...I felt after years of wreck-less abuse I owed it to you fellas to explain my impending absence from the board. In non-traditional spamming Koolaid_man style I'm posting what I feel is my final post in this thread hoping it will eventually get buried in the plethora of (in the words of Tim Duncan) "retarded" opinions. Listen it's been a good ride with you guys and I've enjoyed the banter, bananas, and Spur fan mean spirited and hateful views but it's time for me to move on for now. It's become crystal clear that it's just not Kobe's year and at some point one has to understand when enough is enough. Everything we do now is futile and pointless with half the team injured and / or recovering. If the god particle alters course and gives us a fighting chance I'd be more than happy to reappear. It's pointless for me. Online or in my off-line personal life I'm not used to being in a conceding and deferential position for such an extended period. My ego can't accept it. Just being honest just how I'm wired.

I want to shout out first and foremost to all GNSF (including but not limited to) Midnight_Pulp, DMC, DPG, M<S and all the Hispanic / Mexican Spur and GNMF *aka* the "Almost 0 & Forever crew" who attempted in vein to try to regulate the notorious Kool. There were a lot of pretenders to the emperors throne as well such as BRHornet and basically all of the Cavs turned Heat fan. If I had it my way (outside of Kobe) Durant and WB would rang for the next 3 yrs but I don't think they have the heart to pull it off.

To real Laker Nation fans and to a real nigga like Trill...it's been a hell of a ride. From KillaKobe, Ashy, Lkrfan, WhiteMamba, Deads, Quit Hatin, Milkshakeballa and many others I think we represented well. I know some of you may have disagreed with my [hard hitting iron pipe to the bludgeoned ass] style but "I did it my way".

Cully and Luva will always be legends. :toast

To Kori and LJ - thanks for allowing me the pleasure of regulating your fellow fans with such elegance and grace. I have to say this is one of the best sites around. I appreciate to some degree the freedom of expression you allow. Thanks LJ for allowing me to flirt with Kori for the brief time that I did. That was awesome. I never tried to cuck you bro it was all in good fun. :hat even though if tempted I would probably hit it. ;-) jk...anyway thanks to you both for treating me fair. Contrary to popular belief of my pinking...I feel it was deserved in fact I was surprised you didn't ban me :lol

You now have your board back.

Chat with you later,

Be safe and one Love

PS: yes I'm black and yes I fuck mainly white girls :toast

TE
03-29-2013, 03:45 PM
DMC et al,

Nothing but love fellas...I felt after years of wreck-less abuse I owed it to you fellas to explain my impending absence from the board. In non-traditional spamming Koolaid_man style I'm posting what I feel is my final post in this thread hoping it will eventually get buried in the plethora of (in the words of Tim Duncan) "retarded" opinions. Listen it's been a good ride with you guys and I've enjoyed the banter, bananas, and Spur fan mean spirited and hateful views but it's time for me to move on for now. It's become crystal clear that it's just not Kobe's year and at some point one has to understand when enough is enough. Everything we do now is futile and pointless with half the team injured and / or recovering. If the god particle alters course and gives us a fighting chance I'd be more than happy to reappear. It's pointless for me. Online or in my off-line personal life I'm not used to being in a conceding and deferential position for such an extended period. My ego can't accept it. Just being honest just how I'm wired.

I want to shout out first and foremost to all GNSF (including but not limited to) Midnight_Pulp, DMC, DPG, M<S and all the Hispanic / Mexican Spur and GNMF *aka* the "Almost 0 & Forever crew" who attempted in vein to try to regulate the notorious Kool. There were a lot of pretenders to the emperors throne as well such as BRHornet and basically all of the Cavs turned Heat fan. If I had it my way (outside of Kobe) Durant and WB would rang for the next 3 yrs but I don't think they have the heart to pull it off.

To real Laker Nation fans and to a real nigga like Trill...it's been a hell of a ride. From KillaKobe, Ashy, Lkrfan, WhiteMamba, Deads, Quit Hatin, Milkshakeballa and many others I think we represented well. I know some of you may have disagreed with my [hard hitting iron pipe to the bludgeoned ass] style but "I did it my way".

Cully and Luva will always be legends. :toast

To Kori and LJ - thanks for allowing me the pleasure of regulating your fellow fans with such elegance and grace. I have to say this is one of the best sites around. I appreciate to some degree the freedom of expression you allow. Thanks LJ for allowing me to flirt with Kori for the brief time that I did. That was awesome. I never tried to cuck you bro it was all in good fun. :hat even though if tempted I would probably hit it. ;-) jk...anyway thanks to you both for treating me fair. Contrary to popular belief of my pinking...I feel it was deserved in fact I was surprised you didn't ban me :lol

You now have your board back.

Chat with you later,

Be safe and one Love

PS: yes I'm black and yes I fuck mainly white girls :toast
You'll be back