PDA

View Full Version : Best advice your parents gave you

JudynTX
03-27-2013, 11:43 AM
My mom always told me to go make my own money and never depend on a man. (I guess she never thought I would get married) :lol
She also told me to hide money for a rainy day, in a pair of stockings. I miss her.

Avante
03-27-2013, 12:29 PM
Dad...if I ever hear of you starting fights at school I'll whip your ass.
Me..(gulp)
Dad...but, if I ever hear of you letting anyone push you around I'll kill you.
Me...(gulp)

Mom...women like the little things.

CosmicCowboy
03-27-2013, 02:29 PM
(in high school) You don't have friends you have aquaintances. If you go your whole life and accumulate 5 true friends then consider yourself lucky. Even then, the only people that really give a shit whether you live or die live in this house.

jag
03-27-2013, 02:56 PM
"Wash your hands."

"Don't get someone pregnant until you're married/can afford to support a child."

"Don't get married until you graduate (college)."

lebomb
03-27-2013, 02:59 PM
(Dad) "Never lick a chicks feet or ass, thats gross son"!!

:depressed

I. Hustle
03-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Dad: "You have to work for what you want. You want nice things? Then bust your ass."

mrsmaalox
03-27-2013, 03:14 PM
From mom (don't know if it's the best advice, but definitely the most memorable): "Don't ever spray perfume on your neck, it doesn't taste good" and "Panties must always match the bra!" :lol

From dad: "If you can't pay for that car in 4 years you can't afford that car."

CubanSucks
03-27-2013, 03:14 PM
when I was around 15 I bitched to my parents about having to mow this ridiculously thick yard (I'm talking emptying out the bag every row thick). It took 2-3 hours for an average sized front and back yard but I was paid like $50. My dad chewed me out for how spoiled and bratty I acted when I was done (they were driving by and knew them) and by the time he was done yelling at me I truly understood $/hour

probably not the best advice but it popped into my mind

redzero
03-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Always leave a note!

I. Hustle
03-27-2013, 04:12 PM
When I was about 18 I was in my basement playing guitar hero with some friends. We got the munchies and so I decided to take my parents van to go grab some food. My folks flipped OUT. They started yelling at me and so I stormed off and yelled FFFUUUUCCCKKKKKKK in my yard as loud as I could and got in my friends car and started scratching my face until I started to bleed. When I came back home my dad told me to grow a set of balls and get a life.

Best advice ever. Wait... did that happen to someone else?

Tom,Dick&Harry
03-27-2013, 04:23 PM
When in heat, cover your meat.

blkroadrunners
03-27-2013, 04:28 PM
"God gave you a mind, so use it."

FernandoLamas
03-27-2013, 04:36 PM
It is always better to look good, than to feel good.

AussieFanKurt
03-27-2013, 04:41 PM
use logic, think of the perspectives of others

CosmicCowboy
03-27-2013, 04:48 PM
When I was about 18 I was in my basement playing guitar hero with some friends. We got the munchies and so I decided to take my parents van to go grab some food. My folks flipped OUT. They started yelling at me and so I stormed off and yelled FFFUUUUCCCKKKKKKK in my yard as loud as I could and got in my friends car and started scratching my face until I started to bleed. When I came back home my dad told me to grow a set of balls and get a life.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

sad thing is he was serious and not trolling.

You forgot the part about his girlfriend pinning him so he couldn't scratch his face anymore

Dark Gable
03-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Always be aware of your surroundings.

I. Hustle
03-27-2013, 05:15 PM

You forgot the part about his girlfriend pinning him so he couldn't scratch his face anymore

LOL Yeah. The girl was probably a gorilla in order to keep a "grown man" pinned down like that.

Latarian Milton
03-27-2013, 09:24 PM
best advice doesn't always come from once's parents imho. the best life advice i've ever got was from the well vaunted/syndicated talkshow host tom leykis, he told me as well as all his listeners/callers to NEVER ever consider getting married before the age of 30 and to live a frugal life while studying in college. a friend of mine works full time at a dead-end shitty job making 15k a year which's atrocious, and he always follows his parents' advice to not give up that shit. obviously his parents want to have some grandchildren as soon as possible, even at the expense of their son's future. the grandson or granddaught would be their new love baby and they don't give a SHIT about how much you're suffering, that's why you don't need to always follow your parents' advice especially when you're well into your 20s tbh. sometimes the best advice comes from people who're not at all associated with you in the real life, because only unaffiliated people can give you honest advice from an objective perspective imho.

2pac > Kobe
03-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Don't do acid, stay green

DMC
03-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Never tell anyone where you buried her.

Thread
03-27-2013, 11:44 PM
"Don't ever touch my shotgun again, Dale."

I was home alone on a Saturday nite. I was probably 14. My eldest brother came to visit. He was 21. I got it in mind to take the old man's shotgun out and shoot it. My brother half heartedly tried to talk me out of it, but, I was determined. I stuck it out the side door and pulled the trigger aiming at the houses behind ours (about 200 feet away). The report was extremely loud as there was a brick house directly next to us. Well I was not sated. I extracted the empty casing, reloaded and blasted away again. I then took the two empty shells up the stree and dumped them into the storm drain. Went on with the evening.

Monday afternoon I'm laying in my bed watching my tv when the old man suddenly flashed by my room and on into my parents room. Uh, oh. The old man never moved quick so I knew something was up. He flashed back out with the gun which I put back next to his dresser. Long story short the next door neighbor had ratted me out. I was able to make it out the front door after he whistled the loops and beat me pretty good in the living room with his leather belt. He was driven though. He chased me up the street in broad daylight in front of the entire neighborhood and neighbors who were my customers. I delivered the Cleveland Plain Dealer. He wouldn't quit running. Now he's got to be 50 then but he wouldn't quit, so I finally did the old okey doke and ran around a car where he coulnd't get me. He talked me into going back home with the promise that he wouldn't hit me again. I believed him and scurried on home ahead of him. Well, he wasn't telling the truth and started beating me again with his leather belt. I finally ran out the side door where my second oldest brother finally put a stop to it. My whole body was on fire.

And when I went to collect my route that Friday I had to explain to many customers.

Just thank Christ, I'd aimed low enough that I missed the windows in the house behind us. I had to confess to the owner. I had to dig out the pellets, spackle the holes and help the old man paint the entire back of the house. And pay for the paint.

redzero
03-28-2013, 12:02 AM
"Don't ever touch my shotgun again, Dale."

I was home alone on a Saturday nite. I was probably 14. My eldest brother came to visit. He was 21. I got it in mind to take the old man's shotgun out and shoot it. My brother half heartedly tried to talk me out of it, but, I was determined. I stuck it out the side door and pulled the trigger aiming at the houses behind ours (about 200 feet away). The report was extremely loud as there was a brick house directly next to us. Well I was not sated. I extracted the empty casing, reloaded and blasted away again. I then took the two empty shells up the stree and dumped them into the storm drain. Went on with the evening.

Monday afternoon I'm laying in my bed watching my tv when the old man suddenly flashed by my room and on into my parents room. Uh, oh. The old man never moved quick so I knew something was up. He flashed back out with the gun which I put back next to his dresser. Long story short the next door neighbor had ratted me out. I was able to make it out the front door after he whistled the loops and beat me pretty good in the living room with his leather belt. He was driven though. He chased me up the street in broad daylight in front of the entire neighborhood and neighbors who were my customers. I delivered the Cleveland Plain Dealer. He wouldn't quit running. Now he's got to be 50 then but he wouldn't quit, so I finally did the old okey doke and ran around a car where he coulnd't get me. He talked me into going back home with the promise that he wouldn't hit me again. I believed him and scurried on home ahead of him. Well, he wasn't telling the truth and started beating me again with his leather belt. I finally ran out the side door where my second oldest brother finally put a stop to it. My whole body was on fire.

And when I went to collect my route that Friday I had to explain to many customers.

Just thank Christ, I'd aimed low enough that I missed the windows in the house behind us. I had to confess to the owner. I had to dig out the pellets, spackle the holes and help the old man paint the entire back of the house. And pay for the paint.

I already knew that you were deranged, but I'm still amazed by your actions. Why would you fire at houses?

Thread
03-28-2013, 12:10 AM
I already knew that you were deranged, but I'm still amazed by your actions. Why would you fire at houses?

You got some fuckin' nerve asking me a question.

Go back and fuck your mother some more.

TenBuckTammy
03-28-2013, 09:48 AM
"Why give it away for free?".

JudynTX
03-28-2013, 10:44 AM
"Why give it away for free?".

So your mom was a whore too?

bus driver
03-28-2013, 11:08 AM
pay cash

TenBuckTammy
03-28-2013, 11:51 AM
So your mom was a whore too?

No, but my dad was a pimp.

spursncowboys
03-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Worst advice I ever got was when my grandfather said if I play with myself then it'll turn me gay.

redzero
03-28-2013, 03:00 PM
You got some fuckin' nerve asking me a question.

Go back and fuck your mother some more.

I'm sensing some hostility here, Dale.

I thought we were friends.

Thread
03-28-2013, 03:14 PM
I'm sensing some hostility here, Dale.

I thought we were friends.

Just go back and fuck your mother some more.

marini martini
03-28-2013, 03:58 PM

LOL Yeah. The girl was probably a gorilla in order to keep a "grown man" pinned down like that.

Not to mention Deli Boy pushed his mom on the stairway, and called her a bitch!:wow

My Dad told me if you can't pay for it with cash, then save up 'til you can!:greedy

SourCandy
03-28-2013, 07:59 PM
Dad - when a guy says hi to you he's already thought about having sex with you...ignore the ones that say hi.

Mom - 90% of the people in the world are idiots. ....spend your life looking for the 10%.

ErnestLynch
03-29-2013, 04:59 AM
'I'm rich, you're not'.

Smart Ass
03-29-2013, 03:47 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Blake
03-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Dad - when a guy says hi to you he's already thought about having sex with you...ignore the ones that say hi.

So you're saying you're a virgin.

Relevancy
03-29-2013, 04:35 PM

Mom - 90% of the people in the world are idiots. ....spend your life looking for the 10%.Hi