PDA

View Full Version : CoJo vs DeColo

ElNono
03-27-2013, 10:30 PM
So CoJo had his number called today... I thought he did real well (defending Miller is always tough) including hitting a nice 3 to close the 3rd on a nice run by the Spurs. His plus/minus (-10) will look suspect, but when you look how poor the trio of Jackson/Blair/Diaw did, it makes sense.

I thought it was surprising that he went in instead of DeColo. Nando has been getting the minutes lately and it looked he might've gotten a small lead in nailing the backup PG spot.

I think Pop wants to see more scoring from either, if they're going to replace Neal, a score-first guard. What do you guys think? Anybody gets any sense of where Pop is going with all the shuffling?

HarlemHeat37
03-27-2013, 10:32 PM
They are both pretty shitty, tbh..

Joseph is good on D, but he's way too soft on offense..he attacked aggressively during his first 2 or so starts, but has reverted to a soft approach since, tbh..

Lesser of evils, tbh..

jeebus
03-27-2013, 10:36 PM
His plus/minus (-10) will look suspect
plus/minus is pretty much useless since it made Boner looks like MJ every game

spurraider21
03-27-2013, 10:36 PM
I still trust Manu/Neal due to their shot-making ability. I still think Manu can quarterback the offense enough, especially since the second unit also has Boris in there

Mugen
03-27-2013, 10:39 PM
Pop doesn't have a clue on what he's going to do about the backup PG role tbh. My guess is he runs a committee system for the rest of the year.

Boomersgold
03-27-2013, 10:49 PM
Joseph really doesn't have that much chemistry with the backup squad. If you're going to choose either De Colo or Cojo for the backup PG, I'd easily choose De Colo. Joseph's never really been given the opportunity to develop his chemistry with the bench. I mean, he started in TP's absence, and was with the D-League for most of the season so far.

AFBlue
03-27-2013, 10:51 PM
DunNo WhatTa MakUvit tbh

TheGoldStandard
03-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Pop holds a wine tasting before the game whoever identifies the most from 5 cups wins the spot the night of.

Blackjack
03-27-2013, 11:06 PM
To be honest, tbh is tired.

Sincerely,

Z Cavaricci (via Solo-Serve)

DarrinS
03-27-2013, 11:08 PM
I'm more of a DeColo fan, tbh. I think he's a better defender.

TheGoldStandard
03-27-2013, 11:22 PM

Sincerely,

Kudos with the Solo Serve Smack

Floyd Pacquiao
03-27-2013, 11:28 PM
I still trust Manu/Neal due to their shot-making ability. I still think Manu can quarterback the offense enough, especially since the second unit also has Boris in there

But the defense would get raped bro RAPED tbh...

ElNono
03-27-2013, 11:37 PM

Sincerely,

FWIW, I don't think it is, IMO, AFAIK...

mute
03-27-2013, 11:51 PM
CoJo is just a breath of fresh air really. He gets after it on defense and sticks his man. I don't understand how in every game in Parker's absence, he'd score a couple buckets in the first quarter and drop off some nice dimes, then he disappear for the rest of the game and doesn't even play sometimes.

TheGoldStandard
03-27-2013, 11:53 PM
He defers to everyone else since he's the rook.

spurraider21
03-28-2013, 12:04 AM
CoJo is just a breath of fresh air really. He gets after it on defense and sticks his man. I don't understand how in every game in Parker's absence, he'd score a couple buckets in the first quarter and drop off some nice dimes, then he disappear for the rest of the game and doesn't even play sometimes.

I think its just gotta be a matchup thing to decide which pg gets to play. If its a shootout, probably gotta ride Neal but if its a grind-it-out game, probably CoJo or Nando depending on defensive matchups

DesignatedT
03-28-2013, 12:15 AM
Seriously don't know at this point. Really need to use these next 11 games to figure it out.

TD 21
03-28-2013, 12:30 AM
I still maintain that Neal's the guy, but that he'll be on a short leash. I think Pop is just trying to give him as much time to heal (even though he won't become fully healed until the off season) as possible, then he's going to play him the last however many games to get him somewhat back into game shape/rhythm before the playoffs.

Neither Joseph/De Colo can be trusted and even if they could, with Ginobili struggling to score, they clearly need more firepower.

TheGoldStandard
03-28-2013, 12:54 AM
Gary Neal is the last person I want to put trust into. Gary will shoot no matter what but he's a shitty PG.

Hoops Czar
03-28-2013, 01:48 AM
It doesn't matter. Neither will see any meaningful minutes in the postseason which is a good thing. Joseph has a higher ceiling than De colo but he's not ready to make that leap just yet. De colo is basically a shooting guard who can't shoot. His accumulated +/- on the season is abysmal. When he comes into the game, the offense flow just stops.

Blackjack
03-28-2013, 01:52 AM
FWIW, I don't think it is, IMO, AFAIK...

You don't know far enough. :lol

I miss this place. Wish I was able to watch more, offer more.

ElNono
03-28-2013, 01:56 AM
You don't know far enough. :lol

I miss this place. Wish I was able to watch more, offer more.

You are definitely missed... that much I know :toast

Blackjack
03-28-2013, 02:05 AM
You are definitely missed... that much I know :toast

'Preciate it, brother. Gotta make it a priority to start writing again, just gotta get more informed - and find the time to do that.

Drinkin less would help. :lol

Slutter McGee
03-29-2013, 07:06 PM
It doesn't matter. Neither will see any meaningful minutes in the postseason which is a good thing. Joseph has a higher ceiling than De colo but he's not ready to make that leap just yet. De colo is basically a shooting guard who can't shoot. His accumulated +/- on the season is abysmal. When he comes into the game, the offense flow just stops.

I remember the beginning of the season also, but statistics don't agree with you. Nando is shooting .400 from 3 with a .456 shooting percentage. Sure he has been getting to the rim on more of those shots, but thats pretty respectable, especially considering his horrific start.

Say what you will about CoJo, but DeColo can definately run the offense better than Neal.

I am not scared shitless everytime he touches the ball.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

weeks
03-29-2013, 07:25 PM
what happened to patty? just curious