PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Lebron frustrated by hard fouils

Thebesteva
03-28-2013, 01:11 AM
:lol Sons, this is why I can't stand this faggot. Has the entire league in his pocket, wants to be like MJ, but his vagina hurts after a few hard fouls.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9106885/frustrated-lebron-james-questions-chicago-bulls-hard-fouls

“http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/1966.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false
First of all, Kirk Hinrich in the first quarter basically grabbed me with two hands and brought me to the ground. The last one, Taj Gibson was able to collar me around my shoulder and bring me to the ground. Those are not defensive ... those are not basketball plays.

lefty
03-28-2013, 01:15 AM
Meh

Its basically what Kobe says when he yells " heyhaheyhowha " after missing a layup, except that Lebron is more articulate

Jacob1983
03-28-2013, 01:16 AM
What a pussy. He's just biching because Stern didn't have his back tonight. Shut the fuck up, you emo hipster douchebag.

hater
03-28-2013, 01:24 AM
Rg3 doesnt cry about hard tackles. Lebron is a pussy

BatManu20
03-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Lebron's the best player in the world, but stuff like this makes him seem mentally weak.

ElNono
03-28-2013, 01:36 AM
He's right, tbh... neither play was going for the ball or anything other than going at him. But it's not just him. See: Kirby hacking Rubio.

hater
03-28-2013, 01:45 AM
He's right, tbh... neither play was going for the ball or anything other than going at him. But it's not just him. See: Kirby hacking Rubio.

Didnt see capt kirk foul but the taj gibson was nothing more than a hard foul. The refs reviewed it and agreed.

And kobe was going for the ball.

Still smart move by lebron to do this pre playoffs. Although MJ never had to resort to such gay behaviour

HI-FI
03-28-2013, 01:45 AM
Meh

Its basically what Kobe says when he yells " heyhaheyhowha " after missing a layup, except that Lebron is more articulate
that shit is so annoying. every single fucking time..."heyaaaaheyy"....he always cries about no calls, yet when he fouls Rubio , says it doesn't matter, they would've beat Timberwolves anyways.

Lebron has never approached Kobe levels of bitchery.

TE
03-28-2013, 01:50 AM
:lol Sons, this is why I can't stand this faggot. Has the entire league in his pocket, wants to be like MJ, but his vagina hurts after a few hard fouls.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9106885/frustrated-lebron-james-questions-chicago-bulls-hard-fouls
He's crying about that Gibson foul irrc.

Still :lol going the kirby way of crying about fouls. You're better than that Lebron tbh.

ElNono
03-28-2013, 01:53 AM
Didnt see capt kirk foul but the taj gibson was nothing more than a hard foul. The refs reviewed it and agreed.

And kobe was going for the ball.

Still smart move by lebron to do this pre playoffs. Although MJ never had to resort to such gay behaviour

Kirk's play

Dc2wXZgeOb0

Agree about Lebron speaking out now before the playoffs. He just needs to be more subtle, like Kirby. Send a publicist to tell everyone he's playing with a bad shoulder or finger, then he can flail around and pretend players are trying to hit him on purpose where it hurts.

Thebesteva
03-28-2013, 01:53 AM
He's crying about that Gibson foul irrc.

Still :lol going the kirby way of crying about fouls. You're better than that Lebron tbh.

:lol @ You guys picking on Kirby like I'm going to defend him. He bitches on every call like a bitch, what do you expect? The man refuses to take no for an answer...recall 2004

whitemamba
03-28-2013, 01:55 AM
anyone else smell tuna?

TE
03-28-2013, 01:56 AM
:lol @ You guys picking on Kirby like I'm going to defend him. He bitches on every call like a bitch, what do you expect? The man refuses to take no for an answer...recall 2004

:lol you're addressing the kirby references tbh.. You know you want to defend him

TE
03-28-2013, 01:57 AM
anyone else smell tuna?

Menstrual flow? It does happen every 27 days or so.

whitemamba
03-28-2013, 02:00 AM
Menstrual flow? It does happen every 27 days or so.

nice vagina knowledge :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Cry Havoc
03-28-2013, 02:04 AM

Welcome to modern sports, where athletes look for every edge they can get, especially from the officials since the NBA's crew is so easily influenced.

Bitch move? Yes. He should HTFU and play through it. OTOH, if he starts getting more calls as a result, he's making a smart decision by making it an issue.

KaiRMD1
03-28-2013, 02:08 AM
I don't know if it's bitching when the guy has a point but this is what he has to look forward to when the refs stop calling fouls. One of the reasons why it's not good to cradle great players, they become bitches.

HI-FI
03-28-2013, 02:13 AM
I don't know if it's bitching when the guy has a point but this is what he has to look forward to when the refs stop calling fouls. One of the reasons why it's not good to cradle great players, they become bitches.
this. the league, especially Stern, are so scared of seeing niggas rough each other up or have retaliatory plays, so Lebron realizes it will hurt his image and his standing if he did that. So he resorts to politicking the media, which could be considered a bitch move but thats the modern NBA.

Kirby and Phil Jackson always used this tactic, except Kirby still had a way of using his elbows to hit people cuz knew he would get away with it.

hater
03-28-2013, 03:07 AM
Kirk's play

Dc2wXZgeOb0

Agree about Lebron speaking out now before the playoffs. He just needs to be more subtle, like Kirby. Send a publicist to tell everyone he's playing with a bad shoulder or finger, then he can flail around and pretend players are trying to hit him on purpose where it hurts.

that supposed to be a flagrant???? :lol you kiddin right?

damn he's more of a bitch than I thought.

but u right about kobe. he's one smart cat when it comes to using media to control NBA. but Kobe learned from the best, Phil Jackson and LA Lakers fron office.

Thebesteva
03-28-2013, 03:37 AM
WTF is a fouil? OP is retarded tbh

TDMVPDPOY
03-28-2013, 03:53 AM
built like a tank, complains about hard fouls

makes plays, thumps chest like his a hard ****

wtf

LkrFan
03-28-2013, 04:48 AM
Kirk's play

Dc2wXZgeOb0

It looked like a bull in a china shop charge tbh. The impact was so hard that Kirk prolly concussed himself when he hit the back of his head on the court. The league should review that play and suspend LBJ for 10 games. Running over people like det is an unnatural basketball act. :downspin:

LkrFan
03-28-2013, 04:51 AM
And :lmao at him complaining about 6'2" 175lb Kirk fouling him. He wouldn't last 2 games if he played in the '80s. What a pussy. SMDH

whitemamba
03-28-2013, 05:14 AM
And :lmao at him complaining about 6'2" 175lb Kirk fouling him. He wouldn't last 2 games if he played in the '80s. What a pussy. SMDH

this :toast

hater
03-28-2013, 05:21 AM

Cosign

Killakobe81
03-28-2013, 06:00 AM
It did sound soft, he knew it when he said it ...that's why he later said "uhhm I'm not whining" ... when u have to declare u are not doing something ... you probably are. He also said "I don't like that question" when asked why Bulls play them tough and had to ask for time to calculate his thoughts ...don't consider him articulate but compared to some of the others in the NBA ..I guess so. Funny thing is he, Kobe and KG speak better than most of the former college players in the NBA.

I do agree some of it was to get future calls, some of it was reporters "leading him that way" and some of it was bitch-made. He was visibly frustrated as evidenced by thee shoulder charge in to Boozer which was not a basketball play either ... who would "teach" anyone to set screens that way? I dont think he is a pussy he just seems that his menatlity is weak at times. Good thing for him and Heat fans that he is so physically stong (a la Shaq or Wilt) being mentally soft doesnt matter when you are faster/stronger than evryone else.

Not sure many teams are tough enough to match what the Bulls did to the Heat and Lebron despite allof this still had a great game.

Thread
03-28-2013, 06:34 AM
Only pussies & assholes complain about the officiating.

resistanze
03-28-2013, 07:12 AM
Yeah, that Hinrich one wasn't a flagrant. LeBron is gonna try to bulldoze you even when you wrap him up or have position on him. You can't expect Hinrich to just let him go because LeBron is gonna try to score through him.

OKC
03-28-2013, 07:16 AM
What BS. Hinrich grabbing with 2 hands and pulling him to the ground (as Lebron claims)? Are you serious? Yeah he fouled him, but Hinrich was just wrapping him up, pedaling backwards. What a pussy Lebron James is. And Gibson's foul on him was a legit hard foul in which he was making a play on the ball.

DMC
03-28-2013, 07:16 AM
The defender didn't have position for that wrap up, but Lebron was already 13 points back so it didn't really matter. I'd say the foul on Kurt was more important than the fact Lebron wasn't able to score.

DPG21920
03-28-2013, 08:29 AM
No more soft than Kobe whining about coming down on someone's foot.

Chomag
03-28-2013, 08:32 AM
Back in the 80s and 90's Teams like Detroit and New York and most of the whole league for that matter would of had this fool crying himself out of the league. Will this dude ever grow up? I doubt it, not with the way the NBA pampers him.

He has a mind of a 12 year old.

Spur-Addict
03-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Guy forgets he's a 6'9 freight train. Guys try grabbing his arm(s) and it doesn't work. It's certainly treatment that the unstoppable receive, so take it as a complement and move on if you're not badly hurt.

Thread
03-28-2013, 09:00 AM

tee, hee.

Thread
03-28-2013, 09:02 AM
I'd say the foul on Kurt was more important than the fact Lebron wasn't able to score.

That's because you heard the TnT fellows say that first, D.

ha, ha.

jjktkk
03-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Damn, no Heat fan gonna respond to this tradegy of no calls bestowed on Bron Bron? :lol

rjv
03-28-2013, 10:00 AM
wonder how the king would explain his barreling into boozer on that pick - is that defense ?

Phillip
03-28-2013, 10:05 AM
I don't think his issue was so much about the fact that hard fouls happen to him. If you listened to his whole interview, he basically said sometimes it gets a little frustrating, but that it's not really that big of a deal.

It seemed like his bigger issue was that when he does something to defend himself against the excessive physicality, he gets retarded flagrants and crap called on him. That flagrant they called last night was bogus. I can see a technical, but a flagrant? That was trash.

If you are going to say that "by definition, it was a flagrant", then you could say the exact same about what Hinrich and Gibson did, since by definition a flagrant is "unnecessary contact". Was it really necessary to get low and basically do a tackle move on Lebron? Was it really necessary to stick your arm out and rake Lebron across the neck when you had absolutely no chance to make any play on the ball?

Personally, I don't think either of them should have been called flagrants, just that if you believe Lebron's foul was a flagrant, then theirs should have been flagrants too.

JamStone
03-28-2013, 10:36 AM
League is soft. Players today are soft. But I don't think LeBron's comments are a big deal. Players are free to feel and say what they want. But in today's era of media scrutiny, every single thing a player does or says gets criticized and often blown out of proportion. I didn't have a problem with what Kobe said about Dhantay Jones. I don't have a problem with what LeBron said about the Bulls. Of course, I'd prefer all of these players, superstars or scrubs alike, would just shut up and play. But reporters are in their faces before, during, and after every game. There are cameras on them even on off days and at practices. And all of those reporters are just waiting on tippy-toes for that one quote they can twist into a story and make it as controversial as possible. It is what it is.

In many ways, I'd like it more if ESPN and all the media outlets would get out of their faces so much. Don't mic them up during games. Don't have intermission interviews with players and coaches. Don't allow a million reporters in the lockerroom. Just keep it to the local reporters and one or two national guys. Let it be more about the game and just the game. But it seems like the media and plenty of fans want that extra added access into the minds of these players. And then those same fans are quick to bitch about these players. Is LeBron a bitch for his comments? Maybe. But the reality is his comments were not a big deal at all. Let him think what he wants to think. And let him speak his mind. No matter what these players say, someone out there will criticize them for it.

AaronY
03-28-2013, 10:42 AM
this. the league, especially Stern, are so scared of seeing niggas rough each other up or have retaliatory plays, so Lebron realizes it will hurt his image and his standing if he did that. So he resorts to politicking the media, which could be considered a bitch move but thats the modern NBA.

lol Lebron retaliated in this game.

Thread
03-28-2013, 10:46 AM
League is soft. Players today are soft. But I don't think LeBron's comments are a big deal. Players are free to feel and say what they want. But in today's era of media scrutiny, every single thing a player does or says gets criticized and often blown out of proportion. I didn't have a problem with what Kobe said about Dhantay Jones. I don't have a problem with what LeBron said about the Bulls. Of course, I'd prefer all of these players, superstars or scrubs alike, would just shut up and play. But reporters are in their faces before, during, and after every game. There are cameras on them even on off days and at practices. And all of those reporters are just waiting on tippy-toes for that one quote they can twist into a story and make it as controversial as possible. It is what it is.

In many ways, I'd like it more if ESPN and all the media outlets would get out of their faces so much. Don't mic them up during games. Don't have intermission interviews with players and coaches. Don't allow a million reporters in the lockerroom. Just keep it to the local reporters and one or two national guys. Let it be more about the game and just the game. But it seems like the media and plenty of fans want that extra added access into the minds of these players. And then those same fans are quick to bitch about these players. Is LeBron a bitch for his comments? Maybe. But the reality is his comments were not a big deal at all. Let him think what he wants to think. And let him speak his mind. No matter what these players say, someone out there will criticize them for it.

Jammie with some good shit here. There is still remants of greatness in the NBA, in all the major sports, but, it's waning and going away at an alarming rate.

[Symbolism over substance.] Cosell warned us of this danger shortly before his death. He was very accurate.

HarlemHeat37
03-28-2013, 10:52 AM
:lol if you actually listened to the interview, his point is that it's completely unfair that he got called for a flagrant when he gets fouled harder than any player in the NBA outside of Dwight Howard..

Lebron gets less calls than any star perimeter player in the NBA, it's sad..he shoots more in the paint than Durant and Kobe, and just as much as Harden, yet he gets less free throw attempts per game than all 3 of them, tbh..

That wasn't even his complaint, he's angry about the double-standard, which is completely valid..

It's comical that most fans that don't actually watch full games are under the impression that Miami gets favourable calls, when in reality, they wouldn't even make the top 5 this season, tbh..

JamStone
03-28-2013, 11:18 AM
LeBron is a victim of his own greatness and the language of the flagrant foul rule, specifically the word "unnecessary."

When LeBron gets fouled, he's often bigger and stronger or he's more athletic or he's more talented or all three than the guy fouling him and he can make an and-one if they deliver a normal foul. Players cannot foul LeBron the same way they would say a guy like Mario Chalmers. So, you can argue it is "necessary" to deliver harder fouls on LeBron from preventing him from making the basket compared to if the defender just gave a normal foul. It's precisely the same thing Shaq had to deal with.

With LeBron's foul on Boozer last night, was it necessary for LeBron to foul Boozer the way he did? They're basically the same size. You could see it in LeBron's face as he braced himself to deliver his shoulder into Boozer and then extended his arm afterwards. Necessary? I can see how the officials viewed it as unnecessary. Unnecessary foul at the discretion and interpretation of the officials, and you get a flagrant on LeBron. I wouldn't have given LeBron a flagrant. But by the language of the rule, I can see why it was called.

Is it fair to LeBron? No. But the rule and the language is unfair for any bigger and stronger player against any smaller and weaker players. The smaller, weaker player can always deliver a much harder foul on the bigger, stronger player and get away with it compared to vice versa. LeBron has to realize that.

Joyrider
03-28-2013, 11:21 AM
If the NBA called fouls on Lebron the same as everyone else in the league, he would average damn near 20 FTA a game.

TDMVPDPOY
03-28-2013, 11:22 AM
well they are makn sure he earns them ft freebies

hence is stern going to fine the clown for calling out the refs?

Killakobe81
03-28-2013, 11:41 AM
If the NBA called fouls on Lebron the same as everyone else in the league, he would average damn near 20 FTA a game.

Agreed...Shaq would of shot more as well. Some great points in here. I dont have issue with Lebron speaking of the double standard because he is right. Does it sound a bit soft imho ...yes. But I love how my nicca DPG brings Kobe in to this ... we are talking about James here not Bryant. There was already a thread that killed him for bitching about Jones. I like Lebron and have lauded his greatness ...I just dont get why (not just DPG) ANYtime he gets crticized people feel the need to bring up Kobe or PAul or Blake or Dwight or get so defensive. How is that aNY diffrent than Kobe fanbois?

The dude is the most dominant player since Shaq and arguably the best all-around player since MJ ...but he is not perfect or above critcicism. OP called him a puss I say he sounded a bit mentally weak but that is just my opinion.

Oh one more thing I saw James pull one of his best post moves ever. AS Harlem and others have pointed out he has always been effective but I saw good foot-work (though a little off balance) to go with the speed and strength. If this cat can CONSISTENTLY do that along with his improved range ... league is further screwed. Like I said GOAT is still possible though not probable. We shall see...

DPG21920
03-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Killa, that doesn't make any sense my man. That's like you bringing up Blake Griffin in the Wolves thread. Same thing..

Thread
03-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Like I said GOAT is still possible though not probable. We shall see...

& Media wants it so bad, it's uncomfortable to watch & listen to them mewing for it.

DPG21920
03-28-2013, 12:17 PM
Blaming the media? That's worse than blaming refs.

Phillip
03-28-2013, 12:19 PM

I've always said Lebron is the "Shaq" of point guards, and it definitely applies to how they are officiated.

Shaq would occasionally get some unfair offensive fouls and such, which weren't always fair, because he was simply so much bigger and stronger than others. And then other people were allowed to maul him with no fouls.

Killakobe81
03-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Killa, that doesn't make any sense my man. That's like you bringing up Blake Griffin in the Wolves thread. Same thing..

Wait, what? I'm talking about your penchant for bringing up Kobe in non Kobe related conversations. I get you like to troll ... The Blake comment was specific because CN (and others) argued that a call should not of been made ... to allow the player to decide the game. I did not mention Blake per se to mention Griffin but a situation. You throw out Kobe's name often when a criticism is leveled about another player ...

Look it doesnt bother me ... I get you DPG, you my dogg your fueding with Cully notwithstanding ...I just like to call people out on shit. And the folks that throw out Kobe anytime a legit criticism is placed on James is a target of mine. I Recall me saying in a GT that Lebron just took a bad shot ...and folks throwing out well What about Kobe? or pointing out James overall numbers. What does that have to do with anything a bad shot is still a bad shot. ...period. Dude is great one of the best I have seen but he is not without fault and Kobe has nothing to do with him ...there is large age gap and they play so diffrently dont even get why they are often compared ... tough to compare Lebron to anyone tbh ...Shaq is probably closest but he works harder than O'neal both have similar mind-sets though ...

Thread
03-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Blaming the media? That's worse than blaming refs.

lmcontrollinao!!!

snickles
03-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Lebron gets less calls than any star perimeter player in the NBA, it's sad..he shoots more in the paint than Durant and Kobe, and just as much as Harden, yet he gets less free throw attempts per game than all 3 of them, tbh..

That wasn't even his complaint, he's angry about the double-standard, which is completely valid..

so you're saying lebron gets unfair treatment from the refs? how many games in a row did he go without having a foul called on him?

phxspurfan
03-28-2013, 01:04 PM
LeBron ran straight into him. Typical LeBron drive tbh. Dude has no finesse to his game, just tries to run people over. Jordan would've slipped past Hinrich like he wasn't even there.

hater
03-28-2013, 01:30 PM
yeah the Lebron foul on Booz was a technical. not sure why it was called flagrant. it's a weird league we are living in.

ElNono
03-28-2013, 01:40 PM
that supposed to be a flagrant???? :lol you kiddin right?

He didn't say he wanted them to be flagrant fouls. He said they're not basketball plays, and he's right.

JoeTait75
03-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Back in the 80s and 90's Teams like Detroit and New York and most of the whole league for that matter would of had this fool crying himself out of the league. Will this dude ever grow up? I doubt it, not with the way the NBA pampers him.

MJ got coddled by the officials more than LeBron does, tbh.

Phillip
03-28-2013, 01:51 PM

I think you have the mind of a 12 year old, looking at a retarded, emotional reply like this, without you even getting your facts straight.

Thread
03-28-2013, 02:00 PM
I think you have the mind of a 12 year old

That's at least the 2nd reference to a "12 year old" this morning.

tee, hee.

hater
03-28-2013, 02:13 PM
He didn't say he wanted them to be flagrant fouls. He said they're not basketball plays, and he's right.

so now wrapping someone up to prevent a layup is not a basketball play? since when?

lefty20
03-28-2013, 03:08 PM
He needs to understand hard fouls are the only way to make sure he doesn't get an and-1, since he's so big and strong anything less just won't do much good when he's attacking the rim. If he wants the hard fouls to stop all he has to do is quit HGH or whatever else he takes, tbh.

HarlemHeat37
03-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Again, his complaint is that there's a double-standard..

Boozer is one of the strongest players in the NBA..calling a flagrant on Lebron for running into him, yet not calling a flagrant on Taj Gibson for clotheslining Lebron is a terrible double-standard..

Lebron hasn't complained about fouls at any point all season..there's a reason that this is the first time he has mentioned it..

Dwight Howard, for instance, receives even worse treatment, except he has complained several times this season..

hater
03-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Difference is Taj arguably went for the ball. Lebron clearly didn't.

IMO Taj's is just a hard foul and Lebron's is a tech. But I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the 4 refs that reviewed both plays.

ElNono
03-28-2013, 06:54 PM
so now wrapping someone up to prevent a layup is not a basketball play? since when?

Since they instituted rules specifically to outlaw that. Players were being hurt in such plays, and that's why the rule was created. A Flagrant 1 doesn't even need to involve violence at all, just "unnecessary and/or excessive contact".

Now, you could argue the NBA has been sissified since those rules were put into effect, and that's fine. But the rules are there and they're supposed to be followed.

And Harlem is right. The double-standard on these calls are terrible. If Hinrich got hacked the way Lebron or Dwight get hacked, it would be an immediate flagrant 2 and ejection.

Clipper Nation
03-28-2013, 07:07 PM
I didn't have a problem with what Kobe said about Dhantay Jones.

Of course you didn't.... but the fact that Kirby committed an offensive foul on that play means he was whining AND being a hypocrite, tbh....

AussieFanKurt
03-28-2013, 07:12 PM
yeah the Lebron foul on Booz was a technical. not sure why it was called flagrant. it's a weird league we are living in.

A tech foul is any infraction of the rules penalized as a foul which does not involve physical contact during the course of play between opposing players on the court..

It was a flagrant because there was contact... tech fouls can't be called on physical plays

Phillip
03-28-2013, 07:23 PM
A tech foul is any infraction of the rules penalized as a foul which does not involve physical contact during the course of play between opposing players on the court..

It was a flagrant because there was contact... tech fouls can't be called on physical plays

then why do people get technicals for shoving each other, and double techs when they get all locked up when "fighting" for rebounds, when its just a bunch of pushing and dirty tactics?

AussieFanKurt
03-28-2013, 07:52 PM
then why do people get technicals for shoving each other, and double techs when they get all locked up when "fighting" for rebounds, when its just a bunch of pushing and dirty tactics?

just the nba making up rules.. a real tech foul has nothing to do with anything physical

Phillip
03-28-2013, 08:16 PM
just the nba making up rules.. a real tech foul has nothing to do with anything physical

oh okay, so in other words, Lebron's shoulder push didn't necessarily warrant a flagrant, as opposed to a tech.

thanks for telling us what we already know :tu

hater
03-28-2013, 08:31 PM
Since they instituted rules specifically to outlaw that. Players were being hurt in such plays, and that's why the rule was created. A Flagrant 1 doesn't even need to involve violence at all, just "unnecessary and/or excessive contact".

Now, you could argue the NBA has been sissified since those rules were put into effect, and that's fine. But the rules are there and they're supposed to be followed.

And Harlem is right. The double-standard on these calls are terrible. If Hinrich got hacked the way Lebron or Dwight get hacked, it would be an immediate flagrant 2 and ejection.

Got a link to nba outlawing wrapping a player up?

ElNono
03-28-2013, 08:43 PM
Got a link to nba outlawing wrapping a player up?

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/04/18/flagrant.technical/

Specifically:
2. Whether or not the player was making a legitimate basketball play (e.g., whether a player is making a legitimate effort to block a shot; note, however, that a foul committed during a block attempt can still be considered flagrant if other criteria are present such as recklessness and hard contact to the head);

4. The potential for injury resulting from contact (e.g., a blow to the head and a foul committed while a player is in a vulnerable position);

ElNono
03-28-2013, 08:47 PM
All that said, the actual real criteria is anyone's guess... I mean Wade got suspended for this play:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/12/28/wade-penalty-about-more-than-one-game/

DMC
03-28-2013, 08:58 PM
That's because you heard the TnT fellows say that first, D.

ha, ha.

I didn't watch it. Unlike you I don't plagiarize everything I say.

DMC
03-28-2013, 09:00 PM
That's at least the 2nd reference to a "12 year old" this morning.

tee, hee.

The real Dale wouldn't pursue such innuendo as it's gotten him sent to the hurt locker by her.

Latarian Milton
03-28-2013, 09:08 PM
kinda agree with the OP. bron is a great player but he ain't the exact kind of person everyone wants to make friend with. he ain't a whining bitch or something like paul & monkeyball but he's still 2-3 classes below the likes of dirk and duncan in terms of demeanor tbh

JohnnyMax
03-28-2013, 10:52 PM
http://7citieswitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Erik-Spoestra.gif

ezau
03-28-2013, 11:03 PM
And many people still think that James can play in the 80s?

snickles
03-29-2013, 09:31 AM

Specifically:
2. Whether or not the player was making a legitimate basketball play (e.g., whether a player is making a legitimate effort to block a shot; note, however, that a foul committed during a block attempt can still be considered flagrant if other criteria are present such as recklessness and hard contact to the head);

4. The potential for injury resulting from contact (e.g., a blow to the head and a foul committed while a player is in a vulnerable position);

so where's the part outlawing wrapping a player up? i still see it happening almost every game, and nothing in this rule, at least the way i read it, would outlaw it.

in fact, sections 3-6 would seem to support a wrap-up as NOT being flagrant or outlawed.

"3. Whether, on a foul committed with a player's arm or hand, the fouling player wound up and/or followed through after making contact;4. The potential for injury resulting from contact (e.g., a blow to the head and a foul committed while a player is in a vulnerable position);
5. The severity of any injury suffered by the offended player; and
6. The outcome of the contact (e.g., whether it led to an altercation)."

jeebus
03-29-2013, 09:42 AM
http://7citieswitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Erik-Spoestra.gif
The new Doc Rivers of coaching. Shitty before but once the superfriends finally played decent, it's "oh he really was an underrated coach!!!!!!!!!"

Phillip
03-29-2013, 09:46 AM

How couldn't he? Defense blew ass in the 80s. People just think about all the stupid fights and Kurt Rambis getting clotheslined, and suddenly the 80's was "physical". You really think that if the rules were different, Lebron and other players couldn't adjust? Then again, there wouldn't be a whole lot of adjusting. People played soft, lazy defense until they were mad, then would go completely the other way by being dirty to an extreme level, only because there were no ramifications for it.

Why are people like you such narrow-minded dumbasses?

UNCLE-DREW
03-29-2013, 10:10 AM

yes, Don't you think his mindset would have been different if he played in that area ? :lol

And his body, Well everybody know's that he has the biggest human freak body besides maybe shaq in his prime.

JoeTait75
03-29-2013, 10:21 AM

With the faster pace and with guys like Kelly Tripucka trying to guard him LeBron might have averaged a triple-double during the '80s, tbh imho.

hater
03-29-2013, 01:17 PM

Specifically:

thanks.

still committing a fould does not = flagrant. for example, a team has a foul to give in waning seconds and commits a foul. Is that a flagrant? no. Same thing in this case, there was no contact to head, and no "fear" of injury. again, committing a foul on purpose does not = flagrant

what about the hack a shaq, or hack a dwight? are all those flagrant :rolleyes

and just because Lebron claims it, does not mean it's not a basketball play. Fouling someone on purpose has always been and will always be part of basketball

ElNono
03-29-2013, 04:09 PM
so where's the part outlawing wrapping a player up? i still see it happening almost every game, and nothing in this rule, at least the way i read it, would outlaw it.

in fact, sections 3-6 would seem to support a wrap-up as NOT being flagrant or outlawed.

"3. Whether, on a foul committed with a player's arm or hand, the fouling player wound up and/or followed through after making contact;4. The potential for injury resulting from contact (e.g., a blow to the head and a foul committed while a player is in a vulnerable position);
5. The severity of any injury suffered by the offended player; and
6. The outcome of the contact (e.g., whether it led to an altercation)."

thanks.

still committing a fould does not = flagrant. for example, a team has a foul to give in waning seconds and commits a foul. Is that a flagrant? no. Same thing in this case, there was no contact to head, and no "fear" of injury. again, committing a foul on purpose does not = flagrant

what about the hack a shaq, or hack a dwight? are all those flagrant :rolleyes

and just because Lebron claims it, does not mean it's not a basketball play. Fouling someone on purpose has always been and will always be part of basketball

Not going to disagree with all that.

The whole section reeks of 'whatever we feel like'. What is a "legitimate basketball play" anyways?

If Dwight gets a broken finger from a hack-a-dwight, is it a flagrant? 1 or 2?

I'll add that wrapping up a player when he's going up for a shot certainly includes "potential for injury resulting from contact". The reality though is that "potential" is not quantifiable, and it's entirely up to the league office to decide on each case.

hater
03-29-2013, 04:25 PM
how can dwight possibly get a broken finger from a player wrapping him up? wrapping up is probably one of the safest ways to committ a foul tbh

I agree if player is in mid aird then it's dangerous. But Lebron was not.

Trainwreck2100
03-29-2013, 04:38 PM
this just makes it look like those fouls get into his head. Which means we're going to get to see more of this crap in the playoffs

Spur-Addict
03-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Pat Riley On Danny Ainges Comments towards LBJ: "He needs to shut the fuck up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing. I know that because I coached him against him"

Damn, Ainge just got owned big time. :lol

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21970431/pat-riley-on-danny-ainge-he-needs-to-shut-the-f-up

ezau
03-29-2013, 09:48 PM
How couldn't he? Defense blew ass in the 80s. People just think about all the stupid fights and Kurt Rambis getting clotheslined, and suddenly the 80's was "physical". You really think that if the rules were different, Lebron and other players couldn't adjust? Then again, there wouldn't be a whole lot of adjusting. People played soft, lazy defense until they were mad, then would go completely the other way by being dirty to an extreme level, only because there were no ramifications for it.

Why are people like you such narrow-minded dumbasses?

You stupid fag prolly didn't watch a lot of 80s game did you?

Phillip
03-30-2013, 12:17 PM
You stupid fag prolly didn't watch a lot of 80s game did you?

Actually I watched a lot of 80's games. Defense blew ass.