PDA

View Full Version : Why SA Shouldn't Play Miami on Sunday

DejuanorwhatDude
03-28-2013, 02:02 AM
Giving them playing time/tape against starters in a week where there are four games in five nights doesn't seem like the best idea. If this were a team with younger stars its ludicrous I understand but this team is going to live and die by its legs. Run Memphis out of the gym the next game, Orlando w/ starters should be fine, and you've still got a 50/50 shot against OKC.

If I were Pop, my mindset would be focused on locking up the 2 seed and seeing how this week plays out. If we win Friday, he might want to think about making OKC on Thursday the real game of the week. Winning that game is way more important than some meaningless exhibition against Miami that in the big scheme of things is only 1 game on the schedule. I guess it really boils down to how much Pop wants the 1 seed.

KaiRMD1
03-28-2013, 02:06 AM
Last time Pop sat the guys out of Miami, he had a hefty bill, not sure the office can afford it.

Dizzle
03-28-2013, 02:06 AM
Giving them playing time/tape against starters in a week where there are four games in five nights doesn't seem like the best idea.

This is a pussy move , bruh. I could understand if he wants to REST his superstars, or let them heal their nags... but cuz of gametape? Cmon now. Spurs cant have that kinda weak mentality. Spurs are GLADIATORS. SOLDIERS. A team of Spartans. We could give 2 shits about David Stern, or our opponents having gametape of us. We are more concerned with HEALTH.

Poolboy5623
03-28-2013, 02:31 AM
I wasn't upset the last time pop sat the guys(against Miami)...I'll admit though, I would be if he does this time around. I don't see much of a pt in sitting them out entire games at all, the rest of the way..limit minutes(baynes), but these guys need to get ready for the playoffs..and a home game, against the best in the nba, is a perfect chance to see where they are at. Also, the #1 seed is still available..especially if they win Sunday. If they lose, oh well...still room to improve, with tp just getting back.

Mal
03-28-2013, 03:26 AM
Orlando game is perfect for knee tendonisis.

Obstructed_View
03-28-2013, 04:03 AM
Fuck that shit. The Spurs need a measuring stick.

Thread
03-28-2013, 06:53 AM

Here's one, Obst:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Measure that, motherfucker.

Pop
03-28-2013, 07:00 AM
:lol

benefactor
03-28-2013, 07:02 AM

Doesn't sound like Pop plans on resting anyone.

MVPCues
03-28-2013, 07:43 AM

We understand your anger over either the Lakers limping into the 8th spot this year or completely missing the playoffs. :lmao Any fan would naturally be angry given the amount of money and preferrential treatment thrown at that organization. Also, for those ill equipped in the mental area :loser, projecting that anger onto others is a widely used coping strategy. We recognize that as well.

Old School 44
03-28-2013, 08:03 AM
I could see Pop resting one of the big three if there is some sort of nagging injury (like a sprained finger), but not anything like he did in Miami, especially at home. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Miami "rested" LeBron or Wade, of course they would do it more by the rules. (whatever they are)

sventhedog
03-28-2013, 08:06 AM

dude. you can take final exams while sitting.

slacker77
03-28-2013, 08:30 AM

This stupid ass saying has gotten old.There is a 2 year age difference and neither one has won shit since 2010.

dwayne shintzius
03-28-2013, 08:32 AM
Giving them playing time/tape against starters in a week where there are four games in five nights doesn't seem like the best idea.

Pop and the spurs have been running the same plays for 16 yrs. Game tape doesnt win games; teams alreeady know what we run, its just a matter of executing what we run and not turning the ball over.

rmt
03-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Pop's not going to rest the big 3 in a HOME game. Pity the MEM game is on the back to back - much more important being a division and conference game. Can't rest for the Orlando game - gotta try for the easier wins.

FromWayDowntown
03-28-2013, 08:58 AM
The magic number to lock up a top 2 seed is now 6; if the Spurs beat the Clippers on Friday night, it will fall to 2 (though the Clippers have already clinched a tiebreaker against the Spurs since they will necessarily have a better record against the West if those teams end up tied at season's end).

Oddly, assuming the Spurs don't beat the Thunder in OKC to win the season series and clinch the tiebreaker that way, their only chance to hold the tiebreaker with the Thunder is for the Spurs to lose out against the East and for OKC to win its remaining games against the East; that would ensure that if the teams are tied, they'll have identical records against the East (and, therefore, identical records against the West) and would make the tiebreaker their aggregate records against other West playoff teams. At this point, the Spurs have the lead in that race -- if you include Dallas and Utah in the calculation (since teams that are tied for a playoff spot are included, even if they don't qualify because they lost a tiebreaker), the Spurs are 20-8 against West teams that have made or might make the playoffs and have 6 games remaining against those teams; the Thunder are 20-11 against West teams that have made or might make the playoffs with three games remaining against those teams.

Bruno
03-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Well, it depends on how much you care about the HCA about Miami. The winner of the Sunday game will likely have the tie-breaker so it's a game that damn matter for a potential HCA in the finals.

td4mvp21
03-28-2013, 09:28 AM
You don't rest on the first night of a stretch like this, especially on your homecourt. That's dumb.

Thread
03-28-2013, 09:40 AM
We understand your anger over either the Lakers limping into the 8th spot this year or completely missing the playoffs. :lmao Any fan would naturally be angry given the amount of money and preferrential treatment thrown at that organization. Also, for those ill equipped in the mental area :loser, projecting that anger onto others is a widely used coping strategy. We recognize that as well.

I find my solace in:::

tee, hee.

Thread
03-28-2013, 09:41 AM
You don't rest on the first night of a stretch like this, especially on your homecourt. That's dumb.

& chickenshit. Poop has done it before though.

Thread
03-28-2013, 09:42 AM
This stupid ass saying has gotten old.There is a 2 year age difference and neither one has won shit since 2010.

I'll just bet it has. Tough shit.

100%duncan
03-28-2013, 10:45 AM

This. That fuckin move is overrated as fuck tbh. These guys are professional, they can handle that. Fuck the Orlando game tbh. We will win the game against the Heat.

Thread
03-28-2013, 10:48 AM
^But, Poop coaches from the corner of {fear} now & has since he last rang.

jjktkk
03-28-2013, 10:59 AM
^But, Poop coaches from the corner of {fear} now & has since he last rang.

I'm fixing to FEDEX that pigeon feed for yea cubby.

Obstructed_View
03-28-2013, 05:53 PM

:lol And Kobe's really clutch too.

Obstructed_View
03-28-2013, 05:56 PM

Since Duncan was a role player on none of his title teams, it doesn't mean shit anyway.

HarlemHeat37
03-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Calling it here..Lebron or Wade will sit the game..

spursfaninla
03-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Since Duncan was a role player on none of his title teams, it doesn't mean shit anyway.

To be fair, you can argue Kobe was not the best player on the 2000 championship team, and probably also the 2001 team, but NOT that he was a "role player."

In those years, Kobe was an all-star, a top player in the league playing with the most dominant player in the league in the front court. He was closer to a pippen than a jordan on those teams. A close and important second.

like a wade is second to Lebron 90% of the time (although Wade is probably closer still, and is a former alpha.).

As to the actual topic of the thread, yea right. Absolutely no reason to throw this game, with home court implications both for the wcf and the finals, to "avoid game tape."

SouthTexasRancher
03-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Giving them playing time/tape against starters in a week where there are four games in five nights doesn't seem like the best idea. If this were a team with younger stars its ludicrous I understand but this team is going to live and die by its legs. Run Memphis out of the gym the next game, Orlando w/ starters should be fine, and you've still got a 50/50 shot against OKC.

If I were Pop, my mindset would be focused on locking up the 2 seed and seeing how this week plays out. If we win Friday, he might want to think about making OKC on Thursday the real game of the week. Winning that game is way more important than some meaningless exhibition against Miami that in the big scheme of things is only 1 game on the schedule. I guess it really boils down to how much Pop wants the 1 seed.

Uhhhh, DejuanonwhatDudette, I hate to tell you this but, the Spurs and their fans are not afraid of any team, including the two (2) teams that have you shaking in your rubber thongs, i.e., the Heat & the Lakers. If Pop rests anyone it will be because of some physical problem (sprained ankle, sore knees, hyper-extended finger, etc.) and not because he wants the 2 seed to avoid the Lakers or doesn't want the Heat to know how our guys play. Dudette, every organization in the NBA has scouts who go over every game film they want/need to, so as to see what players like to do on the court. Having said that, we know 'exactly' what Lebron and DWade like to do as we also know what Kobe and DHoward like to do. Ditto for those teams knowing wehat Tony and Timmy like to do. This goes for every player on each team as well as how the coaches coach. You either bring it nightly or you get your ass kicked bigtime in the playoffs.

Try to 'MAN' up and stop fearing your shadow. Become a Dude and let your Dudette ways flutter out the window. :ihit

Bill_Brasky
03-28-2013, 08:41 PM
No way anybody rests since the game is IN SA.

Sean Cagney
03-28-2013, 09:06 PM

Someone ban this clown already with his tired old shit.

BTW why are you going to rest guys when we are only two games ahead of OKC? Yeah thats damn smart go lose a game on purpose.

Seventyniner
03-28-2013, 09:16 PM
No way anybody rests since the game is IN SA.

Pop should send the Big 3 plus Green to Miami.

spurtech09
03-28-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm fixing to FEDEX that pigeon feed for yea cubby.
Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao

TVI
03-28-2013, 09:45 PM

Measure that, motherfucker.Meh, I'd give it 4.5/10. The old hits just don't sound the same.

wut
03-28-2013, 09:46 PM
My prediction: Miami decides to sit THEIR stars. Miami tried to break the streak record, that is done....and they have a HUGE lead the 1st spot, even highly probable for 1st overall. Miami's coach is full of himself and will think sitting Wade and Lebron in San Antonio is payback to Pop/Spurs.

Pop was fined because he didn't even bring his stars to the game...Miami will bring their stars but they won't suit up.

EDIT: HarlemHeat37 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11597) beat me to this prediction, but I'm sticking with it. ;)

Obstructed_View
03-28-2013, 10:31 PM
To be fair, you can argue Kobe was not the best player on the 2000 championship team, and probably also the 2001 team, but NOT that he was a "role player."

In those years, Kobe was an all-star, a top player in the league playing with the most dominant player in the league in the front court. He was closer to a pippen than a jordan on those teams. A close and important second.

like a wade is second to Lebron 90% of the time (although Wade is probably closer still, and is a former alpha.).

As to the actual topic of the thread, yea right. Absolutely no reason to throw this game, with home court implications both for the wcf and the finals, to "avoid game tape."

To be fair, if Duncan is a tired old shitbag, then Kobe was a role player on all of his title teams. A chucker who scores a bunch of points at non-critical times is a role. :toast

Sean Cagney
03-28-2013, 10:46 PM
That would be great, easy win and we need that right now so I would take it. I seriously doubt it though.

cd021
03-28-2013, 11:52 PM

How is the 8 seed looking? we'll toobusy being #1.

cd021
03-28-2013, 11:55 PM
Someone ban this clown already with his tired old shit.

BTW why are you going to rest guys when we are only two games ahead of OKC? Yeah thats damn smart go lose a game on purpose.

+1.

cd021
03-28-2013, 11:57 PM
Pop should send the Big 3 plus Green to Miami.

Just 4 months late. That would be awesome. The Angel of Stern would have a meltdown.

Kidd K
03-29-2013, 07:59 AM
I think it's irrelevant to worry about the Finals now, don't forget 2011. Pop wanted to try and lock up the #1 seed by playing hard against the Suns the last game of the season to try and get HCA over the Bulls should they both get to the Finals, and look what happened. Ginobili, our best player that year imo, breaks his fuckin elbow and screws us into a first round loss.

I think we shouldn't worry about what could potentially happen in the Finals until we get there. No more overlooking teams and rounds. Nothing's guaranteed. If we can beat the Heat now, we should. They're gonna have "tape" on us after game 1 of the Finals should we get there anyway. It's more important to not throw away mid season games so we don't give the Thunder any more light of day at that #1 seed. Having HCA on OKC for an entire series is more important than depriving Miami of a little extra game tape to study for just game 1 of the Finals imo.

03-29-2013, 12:03 PM

why is the end of the regular season the final exam? shouldn't the playoffs be the final exams?

101A
03-29-2013, 12:15 PM
why is the end of the regular season the final exam? shouldn't the playoffs be the final exams?

Nope - Regular Season = School; Playoffs = Job.

benstanfield
03-29-2013, 01:38 PM

Only pussies & assholes use ring counts as an argument.

SupremeGuy
03-29-2013, 02:42 PM

Measure that, motherfucker.Man, you're still spamming that shit? lol Let it go bro, let it go...

It was funny for a while because of all the panties you would ruffle, but now it's lame and getting kind of weird.

Sean Cagney
03-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Man, you're still spamming that shit? lol Let it go bro, let it go...

It was funny for a while because of all the panties you would ruffle, but now it's lame and getting kind of weird.

Dude has no life it appears and just spews the same tired shit all day long, like he is stuck in a thinking rut and posts the same shit daily.

Sean Cagney
03-29-2013, 03:16 PM
I think it's irrelevant to worry about the Finals now, don't forget 2011. Pop wanted to try and lock up the #1 seed by playing hard against the Suns the last game of the season to try and get HCA over the Bulls should they both get to the Finals, and look what happened. Ginobili, our best player that year imo, breaks his fuckin elbow and screws us into a first round loss.

I think we shouldn't worry about what could potentially happen in the Finals until we get there. No more overlooking teams and rounds. Nothing's guaranteed. If we can beat the Heat now, we should. They're gonna have "tape" on us after game 1 of the Finals should we get there anyway. It's more important to not throw away mid season games so we don't give the Thunder any more light of day at that #1 seed. Having HCA on OKC for an entire series is more important than depriving Miami of a little extra game tape to study for just game 1 of the Finals imo.
This is the truth.

Josh810
03-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Dude has no life it appears and just spews the same tired shit all day long, like he is stuck in a thinking rut and posts the same shit daily.

Seriously. I'm hardly on here and those same quotes are all I see everywhere, and spanning over literally hours. You gotta wonder what went wrong in peoples' lives sometimes.

KL2
03-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Manu-Hamstring
TP-Ankle, finger, neck
TD-Just had a huge game and exerted a lot of energy

Okc also just lost.

I say SA should rest their stars after seeing today's game.

Danny.Zhu
03-29-2013, 10:59 PM
Manu-Hamstring
TP-Ankle, finger, neck
TD-Just had a huge game and exerted a lot of energy

Okc also just lost.

I say SA should rest their stars after seeing today's game.

spurraider21
03-29-2013, 11:01 PM
Lets go all out against Miami, Memphis, and okc. Wouldn't mind tanking useless games to scrubs like Orlando or Lakers

HarlemHeat37
03-31-2013, 07:04 PM

Yep, tbh..