PDA

View Full Version : I Have a Theory about Mr. Ginobili's Struggles

Embedded
03-28-2013, 08:29 AM
I live in New Braunfels, about 30 minutes from San Antonio. For the last several weeks there is some kind of upper respiratory/inner ear infection thing going around, and it lingers for weeks. I had it, and three of my kids have had it. It would explain his lack of balance, and maybe energy flatness of late. Nothing seems to dry it up, it is aggravating. Since he has kids now je is going to be more exposed to these things. Last night the camera showed him on the bench, and it looked like his nose was running and his nostrils were red. If this is the case, let's hope it goes away soon.

silverblackfan
03-28-2013, 09:11 AM
I would like to think it was just Manu feeling under the weather the past few weeks. The Spurs are going to need him playing well to win it all. Being sick makes some sense, as I find it hard to believe he dropped off a cliff in ability since December.

boutons_deux
03-28-2013, 09:23 AM
He's a very delicate creature, a fragile, sensitive basketball artiste, whichbetrays his fierce competitive spirit. :)

Thread
03-28-2013, 09:24 AM
I just hope that fork stickin' out of Manu's back ain't a mirage.

Thread
03-28-2013, 09:24 AM
He's a very delicate creature, a fragile, sensitive basketball artiste, whichbetrays his fierce competitive spirit. :)

Does he give a full body massage on clean linens?

George Gervin's Afro
03-28-2013, 10:23 AM
he's old and can't do the things he once did.. profound analysis

benstanfield
03-28-2013, 11:48 AM
I had that same thing. Felt like I was basically in the beginning stages of flu/strep for a good month.

Thread
03-28-2013, 11:53 AM
^So then, is going to feel better and then play good, or, play good, then feel better?

Pick one, because you ain't gettin' both, motherfuckers.

AFBlue
03-28-2013, 10:02 PM
I have a different theory...

Manu is a rope-a-dopin sumbitch that's trolling the entire league and this board.

You don't just forget how to play basketball one day and start wetting the bed nightly unless it's on purpose...not when you're as good as Manu is. You think he's a step slow because that's what he wants you to think. You think his shot is broken because that's what he wants.

Manu is toying with everyone and when he decides to stop (give it another few games) all these bandwagon-jumping mofos and the rest of the league are gonna look foolish.

spurs10
03-28-2013, 11:22 PM
Manu is playing very aggressively and testing himself nightly. It's not a fluke he made the game winning shot. I've got a feeling he's going to be in a strong rhythm as we head into the playoffs. Obviously, not peaking too early. Playing too hard if anything.

Sean Cagney
03-28-2013, 11:45 PM
he's old and can't do the things he once did.. profound analysis

Thread
03-29-2013, 12:14 AM

Manu is a rope-a-dopin sumbitch

- "Careful."

- "John Coffey" - "The Green Mile"

Gotta watch that rope-a-dope. Clay did it and now he can't even wipe his own ass.

Bruno
03-29-2013, 12:57 AM
Or he could just be old and done.

Thread
03-29-2013, 01:01 AM
^But, can he wipe his own ass?

TheGoldStandard
03-29-2013, 01:51 AM
I can buy him being sick and that causing his energy level to be low and having a couple of mishaps during the game but there is something more to it than just that. Selling that he'll come back with a vengeance but I hope I'm wrong.

racm
03-29-2013, 02:25 AM
He's either truly suffering from old age or coasting like Horry.

ErnestLynch
03-29-2013, 04:53 AM
Manu has always been prone to making bad decisions and mishandling the rock at the most inopportune times. Recall the Dirk foul back in ...06 ? In the past, the good things he's done has always outweighed the bad things he's done. It's just that margin is getting slimmer. He's always been a player who at times did not play 'within himself' but some amazing stuff came out of that. The 'amazing stuff' is just happening less and less and it makes the '@#$@#$$% Manu !!' stuff tougher to take. I"m in the camp that come playoff time, I want to see less of him, particularly late or at crunch time in a close game as I don't want him blowing it trying to relive some glory days. He's not what he used to be. No crime in that.

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-29-2013, 06:47 AM
It's acute Horriitis.

He'll be fine.

Thread
03-29-2013, 06:57 AM
Maybe Duncan passed him his shit bag/tired style.

tee, hee.

mookie2001
03-29-2013, 07:18 AM

Rofl croutons right again

Capt Bringdown
03-29-2013, 07:37 AM
Cue the picayune "advanced stats" take that will claim that Manu is worth a $10 million thank-you contract.

Thread
03-29-2013, 07:45 AM
^You don't need a stat prompt, Capt. You owe himPERIOD

Kidd K
03-29-2013, 07:49 AM
I hope that's all it is, because we can't win if he continues to play like this. It's one thing if he started the season this way and got dope. . .but considering his age, and how he's kind of slowly been getting worse, it doesn't look good.

I hope it really is just an ear infection though. We need Manu to be Manu!

Southwest Texas Fan
03-29-2013, 08:03 AM

Manu is a rope-a-dopin sumbitch that's trolling the entire league and this board.

You don't just forget how to play basketball one day and start wetting the bed nightly unless it's on purpose...not when you're as good as Manu is. You think he's a step slow because that's what he wants you to think. You think his shot is broken because that's what he wants.

Manu is toying with everyone and when he decides to stop (give it another few games) all these bandwagon-jumping mofos and the rest of the league are gonna look foolish.

:tu

Thread
03-29-2013, 08:06 AM
^Like in pro-rasslin' when the wrestler pretends to be hurt (he's really resting) then flips the switch & comes on like billy-be-jiggered. That's what yer sayin', Tex?

Yeah, I can dig it.