PDA

View Full Version : Cigar boxes

Avante
03-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Dig the hell out of those old cigar boxes from Cuba. I see them every one in awhile at yardsales, sometimes they know the value, other times it's just a box. Obviously condition is important, it's a shame to see some totally disrespected. Have a dozen or so, keep cards, pens and pencils in them.

While here, I just heard about a tribute to the great Lon Chaney on TMC on Monday. His old silent movies are amazing.

cigar guy
03-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Dig the hell out of those old cigar boxes from Cuba. I see them every one in awhile at yardsales, sometimes they know the value, other times it's just a box. Obviously condition is important, it's a shame to see some totally disrespected. Have a dozen or so, keep cards, pens and pencils in them.

While here, I just heard about a tribute to the great Lon Chaney on TMC on Monday. His old silent movies are amazing.

I got dozens of them boxes.

Avante
03-28-2013, 04:21 PM
I got dozens of them boxes.

Lucky you, where did you find them?

Thread
03-28-2013, 04:48 PM
I found one at an area Goodwill here last Summer for .99 cents.

tee, hee.

Trill Clinton
03-28-2013, 05:55 PM
whenever i go to specs i'll pick up a cigar. i'm still new to the cigar club, though. Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483), can you recommend something i can pair with a glass of hennessey?

AussieFanKurt
03-28-2013, 06:01 PM
whenever i go to specs i'll pick up a cigar. i'm still new to the cigar club, though. Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483), can you recommend something i can pair with a glass of hennessey?

Montecristo 2

Thread
03-28-2013, 06:15 PM
I used to smoke a nice one: "Black Watch by Robert Burns." It was just fine & moderately priced. But, that was 25 years ago. I haven't found it out in southwest.

Trill Clinton
03-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Montecristo 2

will try it this weekend:tu

AussieFanKurt
03-28-2013, 07:03 PM
will try it this weekend:tu

if you prefer smaller cigars like a petit corona go with a bolivar petit corona or h upmann PC

Latarian Milton
03-28-2013, 07:25 PM
cigar boxes are perfect places for adulescents to store secret stuffs such as condoms or shits tbh

Reck
03-28-2013, 07:28 PM
I tried one once, made me sick. lol

AussieFanKurt
03-28-2013, 08:00 PM
I tried one once, made me sick. lol

yeah they are strong, as long as you don't smoke too fast its usually all good but couple times while drunk i've smoked them too fast and vomitted

mingus
03-28-2013, 08:04 PM

If you are new to cigars, go for something in Padron x000 series. I prefer the 5000. Another good one is Hoya de Monterrey Excalibur. If you wanna go milder, try an Arturo Fuente Hemmingway or Perdomo 10th anniversary champagne.

AussieFanKurt
03-28-2013, 08:19 PM
I personally would advise not having anything but Cubans... never had a good cigar that wasn't cuban tbh

mingus
03-28-2013, 10:51 PM
I personally would advise not having anything but Cubans... never had a good cigar that wasn't cuban tbh

I've never had a Cuban, but I want to. However, there are plenty of great noncuban cigars out there, I think most people who smoke would agree.

AussieFanKurt
03-28-2013, 11:17 PM
I've never had a Cuban, but I want to. However, there are plenty of great noncuban cigars out there, I think most people who smoke would agree.

All the cuban smokers I talk to say that there are smokable non cubans but certainly not great and I agree personally.

Avante
03-29-2013, 12:47 AM
I found one at an area Goodwill here last Summer for .99 cents.

tee, hee.

I've paid as little as a quarter and has much as 5 bucks. Usually if the boxes are in a yardsale they aren't a valiable possesion. But once in awhile.....

Avante
03-29-2013, 12:49 AM

I don't smoke, tried it back in my navy days, sucked! I took nose hits when smoking pot, back in the day that is.

mingus
03-29-2013, 01:20 AM
All the cuban smokers I talk to say that there are smokable non cubans but certainly not great and I agree personally.

Thats because Cuban smokers are partial to Cubans. And that's fine, but to put Cubans on a pedestal and act all elitist about them saying you don't advise any other cigars is retarded.

AussieFanKurt
03-29-2013, 01:58 AM
Thats because Cuban smokers are partial to Cubans. And that's fine, but to put Cubans on a pedestal and act all elitist about them saying you don't advise any other cigars is retarded.

you said you've never had a cuban.. i've had a lot of them and i've had a lot of other cigars too. i've had both.. it's not an elitist thing at all, its just simply cubans are a lot better.. i've had some good non cubans but not much better than that. i wouldn't advise completely against non cubans because they are a good start but after that they just don't stack up

AussieFanKurt
03-29-2013, 01:58 AM
I don't smoke, tried it back in my navy days, sucked! I took nose hits when smoking pot, back in the day that is.

since you're an old fuck now is best time to get back into it.. nothing to lose

Avante
03-29-2013, 02:27 AM
since you're an old fuck now is best time to get back into it.. nothing to lose

Not a brain in your fucking head is there prick? Smoking is nasty and expensive, tailor made for a dumb fuck like you.

Save...well so and so smoked...it doesn't matter it's fucking stupid.

AussieFanKurt
03-29-2013, 03:12 AM
Not a brain in your fucking head is there prick? Smoking is nasty and expensive, tailor made for a dumb fuck like you.

Save...well so and so smoked...it doesn't matter it's fucking stupid.

i'm talking about weed or cigars not cigarettes you fucking degenerate

and only occasionally.. not a brain in your head

Avante
03-29-2013, 03:47 AM
i'm talking about weed or cigars not cigarettes you fucking degenerate

and only occasionally.. not a brain in your head

Like talking to a child.

AussieFanKurt
03-29-2013, 03:58 AM
Like talking to a child.

pot... kettle... black

Avante
03-29-2013, 04:01 AM
pot... kettle... black

dumb...ass...kid

mingus
03-29-2013, 03:35 PM
you said you've never had a cuban.. i've had a lot of them and i've had a lot of other cigars too. i've had both.. it's not an elitist thing at all, its just simply cubans are a lot better.. i've had some good non cubans but not much better than that. i wouldn't advise completely against non cubans because they are a good start but after that they just don't stack up

To be specific, you are talking at about actual Cubans,right? Not like Montecristos or any of the other Cubans seed cigars? Just making sure.

AussieFanKurt
03-29-2013, 04:55 PM
To be specific, you are talking at about actual Cubans,right? Not like Montecristos or any of the other Cubans seed cigars? Just making sure.

yeah talking about cuban made cigars - bolivar, HDM, ramon allones etc etc

Avante
03-29-2013, 05:39 PM

Not all my boxes are Cuban. So I'm not talking about just Cuban, he might be.