PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: 2004 vs 2008- which Finals loss hurt more, tbh?

irishock
03-29-2013, 12:00 AM
Honest here.

Thread
03-29-2013, 12:05 AM
'08. Gasol couldn't cut the mustard nor lick the jar and there was no miracle of injury that could deliver us.

Kobe has the responsibility though for not stopping the bleeding when we blew the 23 point lead. That was his most reckless & costly failure [in game.]

I think of that series often. It was two sided loss there. If we win we're up 17-16.

baseline bum
03-29-2013, 12:06 AM
'08. Gasol couldn't cut the mustard nor lick the jar and there was no miracle of injury that could deliver us.

Kobe has the responsibility though for not stopping the bleeding when we blew the 23 point lead. That was his most reckless & costly failure [in game.]

I think of that series often. It was two sided loss there. If we win we're up 17-16.

Only pussies and assholes count Minnesota honkey titles

Thread
03-29-2013, 12:07 AM
Only pussies and assholes

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

JingleJangleJingle
03-29-2013, 12:07 AM
Only pussies and assholes count Minnesota honkey titles

let us proceed.

irishock
03-29-2013, 12:09 AM
Guys keep falling into Guips' traps lol

Thread
03-29-2013, 12:09 AM

lmcontrollinao!!!

Thread
03-29-2013, 12:10 AM

I've been doin' it for over 18 years. They've nary other choice.

tee, hee.

Killakobe81
03-29-2013, 05:46 AM

Kobe has the responsibility though for not stopping the bleeding when we blew the 23 point lead. That was his most reckless & costly failure [in game.

Agreed, Cully loss to the Celts in the Finals have ecven bigger stakes then normal. I still put 1984 as the worst, Magic had similar responsibility and failed but brought home 3 more after

Thread
03-29-2013, 06:03 AM
Agreed, Cully loss to the Celts in the Finals have ecven bigger stakes then normal. I still put 1984 as the worst, Magic had similar responsibility and failed but brought home 3 more after

Yep, '84 is by far the worst. I think of that one more than all the victories and losses combined. The Celtics really stuck it to us there. Media too. There was a feeding frenzy. They were trying to destroy Magic in the Wilt & Jerry West tradition of destruction, in order to head him off at the pass and keep things in order....1. Celtics,,,,everybody else after. But, Magic had other plans and delivered us all from the darkness and we didn't look back for a quarter century until after Game 2 - '10. Then Kobe picked up the baton and beat Pierce to death with it and once again the wall of darkness lifted.

Magic Johnson
Kobe Bryant

Latarian Milton
03-29-2013, 10:06 PM
08' was bitter enough but 04' might be even worse. they had a super team in 04 with the well-vaunted big 4 (similar to what they have this year :lol) and they got real lucky to beat the spurs in the 2nd round. they weren't that great as 00-02 but they were still favorite to beat the pistons who were generally considered the underdogs. pistons hadn't won a championship for more than 10yrs and they had just made a big trade. 04 was maybe more of an upset than 11 imho.

it surely hurts to get blown out in a decisive game 6 and to witness your opponents celebrating their 19th NBA title, but they should've been prepared for that. 08' celts got the big 3 who were all desperate to win it (like the 11' mavs) and it was such high level of ambition rather than anything else that drove the greens to the summit, and the lakers had no bynum in the 08' playoffs. the celts just looked certain to win it that year imho

Trainwreck2100
03-29-2013, 10:20 PM
08' was bitter enough but 04' might be even worse. they had a super team in 04 with the well-vaunted big 4 (similar to what they have this year :lol) and they got real lucky to beat the spurs in the 2nd round. they weren't that great as 00-02 but they were still favorite to beat the pistons who were generally considered the underdogs. pistons hadn't won a championship for more than 10yrs and they had just made a big trade. 04 was maybe more of an upset than 11 imho.

it surely hurts to get blown out in a decisive game 6 and to witness your opponents celebrating their 19th NBA title, but they should've been prepared for that. 08' celts got the big 3 who were all desperate to win it (like the 11' mavs) and it was such high level of ambition rather than anything else that drove the greens to the summit, and the lakers had no bynum in the 08' playoffs. the celts just looked certain to win it that year imho

Luck didn't have shit to do with it, Parker went into full scared turtle mode and Manu wasn't at a level to be a closer. Parker went into scared tutle mode cause shaq and his boys went headhunting