PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Is Wilt Chamberlain better than Jordan Hill, tbh?

King Emmanuel
03-29-2013, 03:14 PM
You know back in the days Wilt set all records and shit but them basketball players were all either small black dudes who couldn't challenge Wilt's shot, or softer white dudes than Pau. Is Wilt really a top 5 center all time or is he just as good as Jordan Hill, if he's playing in today's era?

BatManu20
03-29-2013, 03:20 PM
http://images.wikia.com/random-ness/images/6/6b/Not_Sure_if_Serious_meme.jpg

irishock
03-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Probably

Samuel Eto'o
03-29-2013, 03:32 PM
You know back in the days Wilt set all records and shit but them basketball players were all either small black dudes who couldn't challenge Wilt's shot, or softer white dudes than Pau. Is Wilt really a top 5 center all time or is he just as good as Jordan Hill, if he's playing in today's era?

Awful take, worse thread. Kill yourself.

Arcadian
03-29-2013, 04:03 PM
:lol What the hell? What do you have against Wilt?

Phillip
03-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Wilt = most overrated player ever

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Jonah Hill > Wilt

Arnold Toht
03-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Wilt is overrated but this is troll thread

Thread
03-29-2013, 05:27 PM
I still remember him coming down onto the Forum floor in '80 Vs the Sixers. He was in a bright yellow shirt and shook all current Laker's players hands. The game was on tape delay then and the moment was so underwhelming, but, on reflection quite impressive.

spurraider21
03-29-2013, 05:36 PM
http://youtu.be/EwHP04TWOps?t=19s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF8yJ1J1W7Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qak1eeHqfJ8

tbh

monosylab1k
03-29-2013, 08:21 PM
Wilt would be great even today, but he wouldn't put up those ridiculous numbers. Jordan Hill would be a perennial all-star in the 50's/60's era.

mindcrime
03-29-2013, 08:36 PM
OP the product of one of Wilt's reported 20,000 sexual achievements tbh.

HarlemHeat37
03-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Wilt would be great even today, but he wouldn't put up those ridiculous numbers. Jordan Hill would be a perennial all-star in the 50's/60's era.

Agreed with this..

Wilt would still be a star player, tbh..even if you downgrade his competition, he's still 7 ft 1 and 275 pounds, he was a track star(so he wasn't just using size), and when you see a limited nigga like Dwight Howard being a top 5 player in the NBA in certain years, I imagine Chamberlain could be in the top 10, at the very least, tbh..

With that being said, I couldn't argue that he's the GOAT, his era is too questionable and most fans either weren't alive or too young to accurately analyze the game..

Russell is much more overrated than Wilt, tbh..

dunkman
03-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Kareem hold his own vs past prime Wilt, young Hakeem gave past prime Kareem problems, prime Hakeem hold his own vs young Shaq, Duncan hold his own vs prime Shaq, not sure Howard wad ever as good as Duncan, even well last his prime. Dwight was all-star this year, tbh.

Latarian Milton
03-29-2013, 10:24 PM
jordan hill has to play in a kindergarten league in order to look as great as wilt tbh.

Latarian Milton
03-29-2013, 10:28 PM
and wilt wasn't just the best center to ever play this game, but he was also a well-known don juan. he would've probably been even better than he actually was if he had better self-discipline. no offense to jabbar or hakeem, or shaq but wilt was hands down the greatest center of all time and you never saw anyone dominating the game the same way he did, and he would've been even better w/o abusive sexual activities tbh

King Emmanuel
11-30-2014, 11:03 AM
Agreed with this..

Wilt would still be a star player, tbh..even if you downgrade his competition, he's still 7 ft 1 and 275 pounds, he was a track star(so he wasn't just using size), and when you see a limited nigga like Dwight Howard being a top 5 player in the NBA in certain years, I imagine Chamberlain could be in the top 10, at the very least, tbh..

With that being said, I couldn't argue that he's the GOAT, his era is too questionable and most fans either weren't alive or too young to accurately analyze the game..

Russell is much more overrated than Wilt, tbh..

so 2 years later has your opinion changed im wondering

StrengthAndHonor
11-30-2014, 11:08 AM
Wilt would dominate any era even more so today with advances in science nutrition, training and development programs.

Malik Hairston
11-30-2014, 02:33 PM
so 2 years later has your opinion changed im wondering

That's not me:lol..

Henrik Sedin
11-30-2014, 02:38 PM

He didn't say it was.

Malik Hairston
11-30-2014, 02:42 PM
He didn't say it was.

Damn, nothing gets by you, Frizzy:lol..

Henrik Sedin
11-30-2014, 02:46 PM

Galileo
11-30-2014, 03:05 PM
Wilt and Olajuwon were both better than Jordan.

11-30-2014, 03:16 PM
He didn't say it was.
:lol

FuzzyLumpkins
11-30-2014, 05:43 PM
The modern game is dumbed down hero ball and pnr outside of just a few teams. The young guys coming in and playing are completely untrained.

Utah, Philadelphia, LA, Charlotte, Minny are all godawful teams that top centers like Boogie, Gasol, Dwert, and Brow get to dominate when the matchup. They don't play all that often and the C talent is at best 10 deep in a 30 team league. There are a whole lot of Zellers, Plumlee, or teams starting PF like Jefferson at the pivot.

Chamberlain played in an era of 8-12 teams and very limited free agency. Chamberlain, Russell, Unseld, Lucas, Bellamy, Willis, Thurmond, and Kareem are all HoF big men he was matched up against. He could run, jump, push, and lift at objective measures that surpass all modern players. He was bigger, stronger and more athletic than Dwert. Brow is quicker and Gasol is bigger but that is about it.

If you want to play the nutrition angle then given that extra advantage, Wilt would have been even bigger, faster and stronger in those already superior numbers. No one has dominated like him other than Shaq in the history of the league. Gasol likes to jumpshoot. Dwert is the shining example of what is wrong with NBA player development. He can barely dribble and his footwork is atrocious. Noah and Chandler are offensively inept.

Boogie and Brow don't have elite size and length but they are the closest thing the NBA has right now to dominant big men. Both would struggle to get shots up against Chamberlain and keep him out of the post. Kareem was the only person to give Chamberlain problems and he was 3 inches taller and had longer arms than B&B to go along with a fantastically developed offensive skillset. I think he would ragdoll Cousins much like he did Unseld on the pnr.

spurraider21
11-30-2014, 05:52 PM
pretty sure Brow has elite length

FuzzyLumpkins
11-30-2014, 07:53 PM
pretty sure Brow has elite length

For a 6'10" guy. Chamberlain had elite length for a 7'1" guy.