PDA

View Full Version : Injury Thread: Manu (hamstring)

Libri
03-29-2013, 07:59 PM
Looks like he injured his hamstring in the first quarter.

Cry Havoc
03-29-2013, 08:00 PM
Yep, was holding his hammy. Could be a quad though.

Libri
03-29-2013, 08:01 PM
:bang

benefactor
03-29-2013, 08:01 PM
I think I'm finally jumping on the "Retire Manu" bandwagon.

:depressed

phxspurfan
03-29-2013, 08:04 PM
here we go again

Mugen
03-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Manu's injuries deserve their own subforum tbh.

phxspurfan
03-29-2013, 08:05 PM
he could benefit from the world's first hamstring transplant

spurtech09
03-29-2013, 08:05 PM
sucks man.....manu gets hurt to much

DesignatedT
03-29-2013, 08:06 PM
I'll give him 2 years 6M total.

spurtech09
03-29-2013, 08:07 PM
do you think spurs are better off without manu or do they need manu to win a championship.....you think KL can take manu role

TrainOfThought5
03-29-2013, 08:08 PM
this is getting ridiculous.

phxspurfan
03-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Spurs don't need Manu like they did in '08. It's partially because he hasn't been right since '08, so they've had to develop and sign other players like Green, Leonard and Neal.

benefactor
03-29-2013, 08:11 PM
do you think spurs are better off without manu or do they need manu to win a championship.....you think KL can take manu role
Yes...Leonard needs to assume the Manu role for the Spurs to win it all.

emanueldavidginobili
03-29-2013, 08:12 PM

They need Manu to win a championship. KL just doesn't have the intangibles, experience and cluch factor in the playoffs that Manu has

emanueldavidginobili
03-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Out for the game tightness in right hamstring..

emanueldavidginobili
03-29-2013, 08:13 PM
He makes one quick burst to the basket and his hamstring cant take it...smh :(

Chris16
03-29-2013, 08:14 PM
They need Manu to win a championship. KL just doesn't have the intangibles, experience and cluch factor in the playoffs that Manu has

You have to start somewhere. You think Manu was always experienced in the playoffs?

loveforthegame
03-29-2013, 08:15 PM
They've gotten used to playing without him. Other guys will step up.

Hopefully he can be healthy for these playoffs.

emanueldavidginobili
03-29-2013, 08:16 PM
You have to start somewhere. You think Manu was always experienced in the playoffs?
Yeah I agree I never said he wouldn't be able to do all that but I don't think he can fill Manu roll in the playoffs this year. We will see come playoff time maybe KL will step it up big time and shine. I hope that's the case

Mugen
03-29-2013, 08:17 PM
Hopefully this forces Pop to play Kawhi heavy minutes tbh.

slick'81
03-29-2013, 08:17 PM
bbbb hes not injury prone

DesignatedT
03-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Hopefully this forces Pop to play Kawhi heavy minutes tbh.

Pretty sure Pop was already planning that and even said that in an interview. He doesn't want to push his knee tendinitis too much before the playoffs start.

Southwest Texas Fan
03-29-2013, 08:20 PM
What :depressed are you serious? Oh man this doesn't come at a good time. I know he hasn't been playing well but without him there is no way we can seriously compete. Damn it :bang

Budkin
03-29-2013, 08:21 PM
God fucking dammit!

Johnny RIngo
03-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Ginobili's next contract shouldn't be anything more than MLE...mainly because he won't even suit up for half the games. Love him as a player but god damn, his durability sucks.

emanueldavidginobili
03-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Now hes going to miss the Heat game and Grizzlies game and might be lucky to play vs the Thunder

TMTTRIO
03-29-2013, 08:28 PM
If Manu was smart he will retire at the end of the season. What else does he need to play for and why play to end your career this way?

Capt Bringdown
03-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Spurs can't depend on Manu even when he's healthy at this stage in his career.
Time to turn the page.

SupremeGuy
03-29-2013, 08:32 PM
this is getting ridiculous.It's been kind of ridiculous all throughout this year, tbh.

timtonymanu
03-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Yeah I love Manu as much as any Spurs fan, but it's time for Kawhi to be given the 3rd option duties.

We can't even rely on Manu to stay healthy anymore so might as well give his role to a player that can stay healthy and has potential to help this team.

SilverSpur
03-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Let Manu rest and give his minutes to Patty Mills. Why did we go through all the trouble to sign him and not play him in close games.

DPG21920
03-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Hopefully this just makes for good commentary on the championship dvd.

Uriel
03-29-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm not too worried. The team's gotten used to playing with him, and the injury likely isn't serious anyway. As long as he's available for the playoffs, I don't see us being negatively affected in a major way.

weeks
03-29-2013, 08:42 PM
if manu's body is breaking down he should try to retire gracefully

freetiago
03-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Ginobili is too stubborn
he has no one but himself to blame for his injuries
he still tries to force everything
especially drives to the basket
hes old and hes broken every bone in his body
he should start playing more like it instead of like its 05

timtonymanu
03-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Let Manu rest and give his minutes to Patty Mills. Why did we go through all the trouble to sign him and not play him in close games.

Patty can't even beat our shitty PG's at the backup PG spot. I sure as hell don't want him taking Manu's spot.

Sean Cagney
03-29-2013, 08:45 PM
So goes the year, Manu fraginobili.

kaji157
03-29-2013, 08:47 PM
This might be good, this might be bad. We won´t know for sure.
If he can train his shooting maybe this pit stop will benefit him.

justinandimcool
03-29-2013, 08:48 PM
it'll suck to be without our 2nd best shooting guard for a few weeks.

Budkin
03-29-2013, 08:49 PM
hope it's just tight... really blows

NASpurs
03-29-2013, 08:51 PM
it'll suck to be without our 2nd best shooting guard for a few weeks.

:lol sneaky

Strategic
03-29-2013, 08:55 PM
TBH I think some of the ST poster's are more dependent on Manu that the Spurs are. I really think that Manu can be the one of the best ten minute a game contributors the league has seen.

Russ
03-29-2013, 08:55 PM
I think I'm finally jumping on the "Retire Manu" bandwagon.

:depressed

Be careful.

Things you say on the Internet never go away.:nope

:lol

benefactor
03-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Trying to see if I still have any magic in the "Tim Duncan is done" well.

wildbill2u
03-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Damn. Another late season injury. If it's a hamstring, there goes his season. It takes too long to rehab a hamstring.

Arcadian
03-29-2013, 09:19 PM
No big deal, really. We probably won't even notice he's gone, because his productivity has been absent even when his body was present.

TMTTRIO
03-29-2013, 09:23 PM
well we didn't want him playing anyway

Brox6
03-29-2013, 10:07 PM
rest..rest...rest..

We need healthy Manu in the PO

Kuestmaster
03-29-2013, 10:09 PM
This is sad. And not being his fault makes it sadder.

ElNono
03-29-2013, 10:10 PM
with Neal seemingly being able to play now, and Tony back from his own injury, it would be a good time for Manu to actually take his time and heal as much as possible before the playoffs... hammy injuries can be annoying...

unforeseen
03-29-2013, 10:10 PM
Manu was not shooting well for a few weeks now. He needs rest anyways.

HI-FI
03-29-2013, 10:11 PM
unreal. this shit is becoming a joke at this point. I remember when some of CoM were arguing he should make as much as Duncan in his next contract. good times, good times.

No big deal, really. We probably won't even notice he's gone, because his productivity has been absent even when his body was present.
this. this whole season has been a case of "one step forward, two steps back" with Manu. He just needs to rest, and really change his game to spot up shooter.

SpursRock20
03-29-2013, 10:12 PM
Actually not too worried about this injury. Since the Spurs gained another game up on the Thunder tonight, we really don't need Manu back for the rest of the season. Let him find his legs in the first round against the Lakers. He'll be well-rested.

DesignatedT
03-29-2013, 10:12 PM
with Neal seemingly being able to play now, and Tony back from his own injury, it would be a good time for Manu to actually take his time and heal as much as possible before the playoffs... hammy injuries can be annoying...

Seems to me that Tony is the one that could use a few days off here and there.

ElNono
03-29-2013, 10:13 PM
Seems to me that Tony is the one that could use a few days off here and there.

IIRC, we're 4 games away from locking the #1 seed. After that, Pop should consider resting everyone until the last couple of games of the season, tbh

pgardn
03-29-2013, 10:17 PM
We need him at the end of games along with Tony in the playoffs.

This was painfully obvious tonight, another dribble penetrator...
Barnes gave Tony a difficult time, we needed another option.

Southwest Texas Fan
03-29-2013, 10:17 PM
I'm not too worried. The team's gotten used to playing with him, and the injury likely isn't serious anyway. As long as he's available for the playoffs, I don't see us being negatively affected in a major way.

How long do those hamstring injures linger for?

milkyway21
03-29-2013, 10:19 PM
just be ready for the playoffs Manu

Spurs Brazil
03-29-2013, 10:20 PM
@danmccarneysaen
Pop says he doesn't think Manu can go on Sunday against Miami with tight right hamstring.

Brunodf
03-29-2013, 10:22 PM
Substantial sanctions in 3, 2, 1...

timvp
03-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Pop on Ginobili playing Sunday: "I don't think he can play."

eDizzle20
03-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Manu's inability to stay healthy for any length of time is extremely concerning. He is a free agent this off-season and is easily an all-time fan favorite for all Spurs fans, myself included. I can't see the Spurs spending much money to re-sign him. I'm not sure of the other shooting guards/small forwards this off-season, but the Spurs will have to take a long, hard look at other options.

John B
03-29-2013, 10:50 PM
Pop will rest him for the playoffs where we need him the most. I think more opportunity for Nando to handle the ball and be more aggressive to the basket.

HI-FI
03-29-2013, 10:51 PM
this will be a good opportunity for Nando. the more burn for him and CoJo the better.

skulls138
03-29-2013, 10:53 PM
Stop retiring Manu! All this talk about Manu slowing down because of age was probably incorrect all this time and he was playing hurt. Guess what? People of all ages get injured.

If you dont know what youre talking about, and you dont, why do it in a negative way?

DesignatedT
03-29-2013, 10:56 PM
IIRC, we're 4 games away from locking the #1 seed. After that, Pop should consider resting everyone until the last couple of games of the season, tbh

I hadn't thought about that yet but that is going to be a major talking point once we get down the stretch here. People have a lot of different opinions on how you handle that situation. tbh shutting them down might cost you a game in the first round but it isn't a bad idea considering the age/health of this team.

John B
03-29-2013, 11:22 PM

It could be costly getting fined by the commish. At that point can they be fined if they rest their players? Maybe faking a "tight harmstring" by the big 3? CIA Pop?

ElNono
03-29-2013, 11:26 PM
It could be costly getting fined by the commish. At that point can they be fined if they rest their players? Maybe faking a "tight harmstring" by the big 3? CIA Pop?

big picture...

Sean Cagney
03-29-2013, 11:30 PM
Stop retiring Manu! All this talk about Manu slowing down because of age was probably incorrect all this time and he was playing hurt. Guess what? People of all ages get injured.

If you dont know what youre talking about, and you dont, why do it in a negative way?
What is he hurt year round now? He is getting old! AGE is slowing him down! He was not hurt all year he is starting to decline! If not he is hurt all the time then. I don't want him to retire but he is fragile now and his game is getting worse as he ages.

Man In Black
03-29-2013, 11:34 PM
Guys, the Clippers were playing really physical D and Manu took knee to the hamstring. Clipps did that all game. With your hamstring, a driven knee in the right spot, could take you out for a day or 2 easy.

timtonymanu
03-29-2013, 11:43 PM
Guys, the Clippers were playing really physical D and Manu took knee to the hamstring. Clipps did that all game. With your hamstring, a driven knee in the right spot, could take you out for a day or 2 easy.

I hope you're right. You know a lot about these kinds of things so I would trust your words over others. But considering it's Manu we're talking about here, I'm still a little worried.

Robz4000
03-30-2013, 12:50 AM
Didn't look as serious to me tbh. He stayed in the game for a bit after it happened. Hopefully he's back for the OKC game.

crc21209
03-30-2013, 02:51 AM
Horrible timing. One of the biggest games of the regular season coming up and he gets hurt right before it. Fail...:td

Bruno
03-30-2013, 03:09 AM
It isn't the same hamstring that the one he injured in January. It's somewhat a good news. Now, let's hope the injury isn't too serious and that he can be back soon. Playoffs start in 3 weeks.

More globally, it's hard not to put all these Manu's injury on his age. Even with Pop only playing him 23mpg, he struggles to stay healthy.

Harry Callahan
03-30-2013, 06:53 AM
For the Spurs to get out of the West, Manu is going to have to have some kind of positive impact along the way because he still has unique talents for our team. I just don't know if he can get out of this funk/rut he is in. The Spurs have upgraded their roster to the point of being able to continue to win a bunch of games with Manu being more of a role player, but there will be a situation or two where he will need to make a play.

BTW, hats off to Tim Duncan totally debunking the Charles Barkley theory of not being able to improve your game in your middle 30s. I continue to be amazed. TP9 is pretty good too!

skulls138
03-30-2013, 07:48 AM
What is he hurt year round now? He is getting old! AGE is slowing him down! He was not hurt all year he is starting to decline! If not he is hurt all the time then. I don't want him to retire but he is fragile now and his game is getting worse as he ages.
You only say that because he's up there in age, you dont know its BECAUSE of age. Alot of the younger players get injured too but have the luxury of people only thinking its an injury. How many times have people said that about Duncan or the Spurs themselves? Lots, and its all been incorrect.

Brazil
03-30-2013, 08:31 AM
It sucks tbh.
i hope he can be back soon, he needs games before the POs to find his groove and to adapt to his tosb status same for pop and the rest of the team.

Russ
03-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Pop on Ginobili playing Sunday: "I don't think he can play."

Ginobili on Pop: "He never could play."

mercos
03-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Not too worried about this injury. Manu has been struggling and could use the time off. Hopefully he comes back focused and healthy for the playoffs.

dunkman
03-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Its one thing missing 20 games, because of some injury, another different missing one or two. This is a no issue, tbh.

dunkman
03-30-2013, 12:12 PM
However, the Spurs big 3 should be Duncan, Parker and Kawhi. While Kawhi can't do everything Manu does, he has all-star potential. And BTW, Splitter is good too.

Sean Cagney
03-30-2013, 01:25 PM
You only say that because he's up there in age, you dont know its BECAUSE of age. Alot of the younger players get injured too but have the luxury of people only thinking its an injury. How many times have people said that about Duncan or the Spurs themselves? Lots, and its all been incorrect.

He said after a dunk he did a few weeks back he felt good! I am sure he has lingering injuries but who doesn't this time of year? Honestly. His shot is way off and his TO's are just boneheaded alot of times, a injury or two would not cause you to lose your mind and throw the ball all over the court.

hater
03-30-2013, 02:08 PM
From his comments semms like even pop is annoyed at d chinadoll

DPG21920
03-30-2013, 02:17 PM
It's kind of funny (not his injury, that really, really sucks, even if it's minor because his mind was already fragile with his play- now he might be losing faith in his body) that if Tiago had Manu's injuries (which he hasn't had nearly as many) people would be ripping him and Pop would be finding ways not to play him.

DeadlyDynasty
03-30-2013, 02:19 PM
This thread should've been stickied back in 2008

jestersmash
03-30-2013, 02:28 PM
From his comments semms like even pop is annoyed at d chinadoll

Yeah. I think Manu was throwing a little hissy fit in one of the videos (~3 weeks ago) where he kept hinting that he's not too happy about Pop limiting his minutes so much after coming back from injury. I think he partly blamed his shooting slump on the fact that he doesn't get enough minutes.

Mind you this was all very subtle, and he'd always finish the thought with "but I know Pop is always very cautious, etc. etc." You could just hear it in his tone that he wasn't too happy about the limited minutes.

Well..this is why he doesn't get 25+ MPG.

Spur|n|Austin
03-30-2013, 02:40 PM
I have a feeling he's getting shut down til the playoffs or right before. Not sure if this is a good thing or bad though, as he will be out of shape and rusty come playoffs. Sadly, we are probably better off without Manu :(

capek
03-30-2013, 02:49 PM

Manu took the knee to his left quad. He pulled his right hammy. The impact of the knee to his left quad changed the angle in which his right leg came down, made him come down a little unbalanced, which apparently put enough of a strain on his left hammy that he pulled it.

skulls138
03-30-2013, 03:01 PM
He said after a dunk he did a few weeks back he felt good! I am sure he has lingering injuries but who doesn't this time of year? Honestly. His shot is way off and his TO's are just boneheaded alot of times, a injury or two would not cause you to lose your mind and throw the ball all over the court.Maybe youre right, maybe youre wrong. Im just saying you dont know its not just him playing injured. Greg Oden has barely played a season yet. Is it because of age?

As for Manu throwing the ball all over the place, thats old news. Hes been known to do boneheaded plays since day one. He has to in order to get to that magical place where he starts making everyone his bitch. I know youre not blaming the bad passing on age, as in senility, are you?

spurs10
03-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Just read Manu is "officially" out for Miami with a right hamstring strain. Thought it was weird they didn't mention Memphis or make any comment about how long he's expected to be out. Surely they would know if he's out for Monday, unless it's not that bad..??? Wishful thinking?

Mel_13
03-30-2013, 03:48 PM
Just read Manu is "officially" out for Miami with a right hamstring strain. Thought it was weird they didn't mention Memphis or make any comment about how long he's expected to be out. Surely they would know if he's out for Monday, unless it's not that bad..??? Wishful thinking?

Or just making sure that they comply with all league rules, including the ones that only exist in Stern's mind.

Strategic
03-30-2013, 03:54 PM
Maybe Manu's primary role will turn into a three point shooter for TP and penetrators to kick the ball to. Be nice to have him for that role in the playoffs. Pressure doesn't bother him.

rmt
03-30-2013, 04:06 PM
This sucks. Not only is he injured a lot but even when healthy, he takes forever to get into rhythm - not a good time so close to the playoffs. So fragile - I hope Spurs only have to pay him $5m/yr if he's gonna miss so much time.

spurs10
03-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Or just making sure that they comply with all league rules, including the ones that only exist in Stern's mind.
Who knows what goes on in there??
:downspin:

DAF86
03-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Is time to start thinking about having Manu play off the ball and creating havoc like in his rookie season, tbh.

CGD
03-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Manus lack of heart is dispicable. Unlike Kobe, he's not a true warrior able to play through devastating injury after devastating injury. Trade him.

Seriously, this blows though. Hope it's not too serious.

Hoops Czar
03-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Manus lack of heart is dispicable. Unlike Kobe, he's not a true warrior able to play through devastating injury after devastating injury. Trade him.

Seriously, this blows though. Hope it's not too serious.

Pop wouldn't let Manu play even if he wanted too. Kobe's just a jackass who has an even bigger jackass for a coach.

spurraider21
03-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Is time to start thinking about having Manu play off the ball and creating havoc like in his rookie season, tbh.

So play Kawhi's role last season?

bigfan
03-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Not good news but no need to panic.

spurs10
03-30-2013, 08:10 PM
Pop wouldn't let Manu play even if he wanted too. Kobe's just a jackass who has an even bigger jackass for a coach.
You are correct on all 3 points!

Sean Cagney
03-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Maybe youre right, maybe youre wrong. Im just saying you dont know its not just him playing injured. Greg Oden has barely played a season yet. Is it because of age?

As for Manu throwing the ball all over the place, thats old news. Hes been known to do boneheaded plays since day one. He has to in order to get to that magical place where he starts making everyone his bitch. I know youre not blaming the bad passing on age, as in senility, are you?
Oden had bad knees before he even got drafted though, later on in the NBA it just continued! Oden does look 50 though so hmmmmmmmmmmmm :lol. Manu has been known to be wreckless, the thing is though he used to make up with it in clutch play and his scoring etc., nowadays he just is all around bad so it's more glaring. Like I said he used to make up for that in other aspects of his game, so he is not making anyone his bitch this year and just causes more harm than good when out there alot of times.

Man In Black
03-31-2013, 12:58 AM
Being young doesn't mean you aren't prone to injury. Case and point, Eric Gordon. Way younger than Manu and has missed a whole lot of games more.
Strain means a week at least for Manu. He's needed more in the playoffs for sure but I would have liked to see him play against Wade and Miami. Going to try to get to AT&T early tomorrow to see if he is at least on the court trying to work the hammy.

spurs10
03-31-2013, 01:18 AM
Being young doesn't mean you aren't prone to injury. Case and point, Eric Gordon. Way younger than Manu and has missed a whole lot of games more.
Strain means a week at least for Manu. He's needed more in the playoffs for sure but I would have liked to see him play against Wade and Miami. Going to try to get to AT&T early tomorrow to see if he is at least on the court trying to work the hammy.
That would be a good sign!
:flag:

superjames1992
03-31-2013, 03:17 PM
CIA Pop at work, tbh. Just trying to get Manu some rest before the Playoffs, per par.

Tbh, this may have just been an excuse so that CIA Pop could rest Ginobili against Miami without getting fined by the Sterninator.