PDA

View Full Version : Great win by Tim

letmk
03-29-2013, 10:23 PM
But if Tony continues being "shutdown" by longer, stronger defender down the stretch, the Spurs are doomed. As much as we want to get Manu back sooner, that Tony plays like a top 5 player is the #1 factor the Spurs have a fighting chance.

Arcadian
03-29-2013, 10:28 PM
Well, he did have 24 and 8 tonight. Not bad

Brunodf
03-29-2013, 10:30 PM
Tony was bad in the 4th tbh, he stopped the ball movement.
drible drible drible for 20 secs and pass =forced/contested shot

Robz4000
03-29-2013, 10:31 PM
Tbh, he did pretty well the other night with Iggy on him.

letmk
03-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Well, he did have 24 and 8 tonight. Not bad

I know. I'm not saying he plays bad for this game. Say if I did the grading like Timvp, Tony might still get B+ or A- for his overall contribution to THIS win.

However, down the stretch, he didn't even have any good look for himself or the teammates. Even the assist to Tim in the low post is a very lucky one in the crowded paint area. He is our best player and the engine of the team, and if he can't create scoring opportunities, it's impossible to rely solely on this out-of-this-world Tim game after game. Tim will be 37 after all.

benstanfield
03-30-2013, 02:15 AM
:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse :deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse :deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse :deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse :deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse :deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse

J_Paco
03-30-2013, 02:23 AM
:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse :deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse :deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse :deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse :deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse :deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse

x1000

The complainers will never be happy with Tony, not even when he soundly outplays the best player at his position and is playing with various nagging injuries (also got clobbered on the head & neck).

racm
03-30-2013, 05:32 AM
The problem isn't Tony being defended well by a long swingman; it's the other players getting flustered on the offensive end.

Blame Green for bricking his 3s in the WCF. Blame Splitter losing all of his game when he got sent to the line.