PDA

View Full Version : Griffin sentenced after violating probation

wildbill2u
07-07-2005, 11:13 AM
I just heard on Houston radio that free agent Eddie Griffin was ordered today to serve his 18 month sentence for violation of the terms of his probation. No details yet.

This former #5 lottery pick of the Houston Rockets has a lot of talent and I had suggested Griffin might be an answer to our SF problem if he'd reformed, but apparently he has no self-control.

mattyc
07-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Nutcase and a wasted talent unfortunately.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Waste of Talent Forum

or

I'd Kick His Ass if I Knew Him Because He's Blowing the Chance That A Lot of Us Would Kill For Forum

picnroll
07-07-2005, 11:17 AM
He got 15 days jail time for being found by police in a nightclub parking lot, not the full sentence.

Sense
07-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Waste of Talent Forum

or

I'd Kick His Ass if I Knew Him Because He's Blowing the Chance That A Lot of Us Would Kill For Forum

You like your bold dont ya?

Kori Ellis
07-07-2005, 11:19 AM
Ex-Rocket gets 15-day jail term
Griffin is found guilty of violating probation terms
By ROMA KHANNA
Houston Chronicle

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/3255778

Former Houston Rocket Eddie Griffin will spend 15 days in jail after a judge found Wednesday that he violated his probation by being in a nightclub parking lot.

Griffin, 23, was sentenced to 18 months' probation after he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of deadly conduct in March 2004. He originally faced a felony charge of aggravated assault after an October 2003 incident in which he was accused of punching and shooting at a woman who found him in bed with another woman at his southwest Houston mansion.

State District Judge Mike Anderson ordered Griffin to attend outpatient treatment for alcohol abuse, pay a $2,000 fine and avoid places of "disreputable character" as part of his probation.

Recently, however, police listed Griffin, who played for the Minnesota Timberwolves last season, as a witness to a crime in the parking lot of the Roxy club, according to his attorneys Rusty Hardin and Derek Hollingsworth.

The criminal case, which had nothing to do with Griffin, was assigned to Anderson, who noticed Griffin's name in the police report, said Hardin, who added that he did not know if Griffin had been inside the Roxy.

The judge called Griffin, now a free agent, into court Wednesday and offered him 15 days in jail or a hearing on whether he had violated his probation.

Griffin was turned over to Harris County sheriff's deputies Wednesday morning and taken to the county jail. After serving 15 days, he will be able to complete his 18 months of probation.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-07-2005, 11:20 AM
You like your bold dont ya?

You don't like using an apostrophe, do you?

wildbill2u
07-07-2005, 11:29 AM
He got 15 days jail time for being found by police in a nightclub parking lot, not the full sentence.

I checked the Chronicle website but they didn't have anything on the details when I posted. 15 days isn't so bad, but the problem is his failure to come to grips with his issues.

He put up some good numbers this year at Milwaukee, and I thought maybe he'd be a steal as a free agent because of his history, hoping he'd put the past behind him. But I'm totally off him as a prospective Spur now. :pctoss

easjer
07-07-2005, 11:40 AM
The Roxy's still open? That used to be the club everyone would dress up for in college. I never went, because I hate clubs, but that's really interesting.

Anyhow. Yeah, he sucks.