PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan: Legend

tmtcsc
03-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Two years ago, after the Memphis playoff series, I was sincerely hoping that Tim would consider retiring. He looked awful against Randolph and I hated to see him abused like he was. Slow to jump, very little lift, all the signs were there. He was done.

It is a complete testimony to how great he is that he has come back and been a friggin stud this year. He's changed his game, improved on defense and done the absolute best with what he has. Its truly remarkable. A guy at his age shouldn't be doing what he's doing. Tim, I'm sorry I ever doubted you and underestimated your injury two years ago.

dbreiden83080
03-29-2013, 10:25 PM
http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/duncan-01.jpg

SpursRock20
03-29-2013, 10:26 PM
Two years ago, after the Memphis playoff series, I was sincerely hoping that Tim would consider retiring. He looked awful against Randolph and I hated to see him abused like he was. Slow to jump, very little lift, all the signs were there. He was done.

It is a complete testimony to how great he is that he has come back and been a friggin stud this year. He's changed his game, improved on defense and done the absolute best with what he has. Its truly remarkable. A guy at his age shouldn't be doing what he's doing. Tim, I'm sorry I ever doubted you and underestimated your injury two years ago.

This. The guy has been playing his ass off since I was 6 years old. I'm now 21 and he just put up 34 points and 11 rebounds against a super-athletic front line who are well over 10 years younger than him. The guy has truly stood the test of time. He makes me proud to be a Spurs fan.

Drewlius
03-29-2013, 10:27 PM
Awesome victory. Timmy winding back the clock in a big way this year.

Kuestmaster
03-29-2013, 10:27 PM
He's absolutely the best. :toast

SpursRock20
03-29-2013, 10:28 PM
As an aside: Has anyone noticed that Tim's arms look more muscular this year? I know he has lost weight but he also seems more toned than he has been in recent memory.

TheGoldStandard
03-29-2013, 10:28 PM
Such a humble individual, great work ethic and always trying to get better even at age 36. He has turned back the clock.

Cane
03-29-2013, 10:31 PM
Greatest player since Jordan retired tbh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imQyY3iYhbw

LarryDavid
HGH and PED's

benefactor
No worries man. I did the same thing at one point.

Being completely honest, it's just not going to bother me that much if the Spurs don't win it all this year or even go to the finals. I'd like to at least make the West finals, but it's whatever. Getting to watch this Tim Duncan has been that much of a pleasure.

HI-FI
03-29-2013, 10:32 PM

this as well. after the Grizzlies series, I really thought it was time to move on. I should apologize to the basketball gods but at the time I thought it was in the best interests of all involved to start rebuilding. but to see Duncan adjust his body, his game and sign a team friendly deal....words don't do it justice. On the gamethreads, whenever Parker or Manu are shooting up shit, I usually make a snarky comment but I don't think I've done that once with TD. I appreciate everything he brings, even if things aren't going well.

(btw nice new sig but the french video screencap was pretty good.)

Brunodf
03-29-2013, 10:32 PM
Not playing with Bonner/Blair/70 yr old Macdyess helps

SpurSpurSpurs
03-29-2013, 10:33 PM
As an aside: Has anyone noticed that Tim's arms look more muscular this year? I know he has lost weight but he also seems more toned than he has been in recent memory.

I notice that as well. Something that makes him stronger and lighter, I guess?

Clipper Nation
I've always been a huge Duncan fan.... even though it was at my team's expense, it was still awesome to see him turn the clock back and deliver the vintage goods, tbh...

Cane

True that. Bonner did surprise the hell out of me with this steal though lol :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb8yCLUlX3k

eDizzle20
03-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Tim Duncan, YOU ARE AMAZING :toast

HarlemHeat37
03-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Only Lebron and Dominos have been clearly better than him this year, tbh..

It's all for nothing if he runs out of has in the playoffs, but regardless, playing at this level at 36 is historic..

Remember, unlike other old niggas like Kobe, Duncan actually has major defensive responsibilities in addition to his offense and rebounding..

Capt Bringdown
03-29-2013, 10:36 PM

Exactly. Dice was an extremely over-rated stiff by the time he wore the Silver and Black.

skulls138
03-29-2013, 10:37 PM
Definitely. With age he should be getting fatter but he looks more fit than ever. Amazing.

DesignatedT
03-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Greatest ever.

Danny.Zhu
03-29-2013, 10:45 PM
Greatest PF.

Texas_Ranger
03-29-2013, 10:48 PM
dam, didn't know SAS loves Tim so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3SnuSwgQ1c

timtonymanu
03-29-2013, 10:49 PM
I definitely doubted Duncan after 2011, but I never stopped being a fan.

His play this year has been such a sight.

tim_duncan_fan
03-29-2013, 10:52 PM
I say this every game this year, but a Spurs fan should never ever tire of saying it:

Thank you, Braced God!

TheChillFactor
03-29-2013, 10:52 PM

ding ding ding

he had no fucking support.

BatManu20
03-29-2013, 11:01 PM
:toast Timmy is a living legend. Don't take his last couple years for granted.

Floyd Pacquiao
03-29-2013, 11:03 PM
My idol tbh I'm truly greatful to watch this man through out his career...enjoy the ride spurfan were watching the goat work

racm
03-29-2013, 11:06 PM
How many 36 year olds can be said to be DPOY candidates again?

Sean Cagney
03-29-2013, 11:07 PM
GOAT, PERIOD.......

DMC
03-29-2013, 11:07 PM

I noticed something causing his shorts to poke out when he was running, like he had a mag light in there or something. He's also got great skin.

Budkin
03-29-2013, 11:13 PM
Watch as much Spurs basketball as you can while we still have Timmy... it's going to hurt like hell when he's gone.

DarrinS
We are incredibly lucky to have him.

capek
Who says you need religion to feel blessed? Timmy this years has just be magnificent. There were dark days a few years back where it seemed like his career was wrapping up, but to get a season like this out of him, at 36 (almost 37 now), it leaves a life long Spurs fan near speechless. That he's able to assert his will on the game like this, after so many season. It's one of the reasons I hate--and often shit on--the negativity when it rears its head on this forum. Just for Timmy's play alone, this season is a gift to Spurs fans. This fact should never be far from our minds as well watch games and congregate on ST. :tu

Brazil
03-29-2013, 11:42 PM
Amazing Tim Duncan
i was at home with some friends and I jumped everywhere on that shot.
mad respect for what Tim is accomplishing this year. He is just wow

Skoobz
03-29-2013, 11:52 PM
An amazing humble human being and GOAT PF all time.

We as Spurs fans are blessed to have him on our side.

Salute you Mr Duncan.

weeks
03-29-2013, 11:59 PM
HGH and PED's

Do you really think a professional athlete would do that, though? Take drugs to make them perform better!??

In all seriousness, it's almost certain most of the Spurs (certainly the vets) have lost their virginity at some point, so that wouldnt explain a sudden shift unless he found a more effective way to dope.

I'm the kind of guy who assumes almost every athlete is doing it, so keep that in mind

TheGoldStandard
03-29-2013, 11:59 PM
Tim is on a mission this year, I really hope everything lines up.

ThePop
03-30-2013, 12:02 AM
wtf are we gonna do when he retires? Having become a fan in 2002, I've never known a spurs team without Duncan.

007nites
03-30-2013, 12:08 AM
wtf are we gonna do when he retires? Having become a fan in 2002, I've never known a spurs team without Duncan.

I don't think he'll retire. Once he gets in his 40's he'll had three point range into his repertoire and then he will be good to go for another 5 years.

TheGoldStandard
03-30-2013, 12:12 AM
Right now there is a kid who's practicing his fundamentals that's 7 feet tall. We'll tank a season and then draft them, rinse and repeat

Mel_13
03-30-2013, 01:38 AM
Timmy D over the past seven games: 25.1 ppg, 13.1 rpg, 3.1 apg, 3.0 bpg, 58.4 FG%.

https://twitter.com/danmccarneysaen

J_Paco
03-30-2013, 01:55 AM
I'm shocked that he's still playing at this high a level, but I knew he wasn't "done" two years ago. The Grizzlies just presented a match-up that Pop and the frontline hadn't prepared for (not giving Splitter more minutes compounded the problem). Duncan has played extremely well against Memphis ever since and has outplayed Marc Gasol on most occasions.

Obstructed_View
03-31-2013, 04:36 AM

Yep, having the best center since David Robinson retired takes a lot of wear and tear off a power forward. That said, Duncan looked better starting out this season than he has in several years.

50Bestspurever
03-31-2013, 05:26 AM
Thank you ping pong gods!! Enjoy the fuck out of this cause it aint happening again to us. Can you imagine if Timmy played in LA or New York. He would have his own ESPN channel. Thank you Timmy, you have truly lifted san antonio on your shoulders year after year.

skulls138
03-31-2013, 09:19 AM
Duncan could easily be a C with his body, I wonder why he chooses to be a PF? Personally I think its another sign of his smarts. Why be an undersized C when you can be an oversized PF?