PDA

View Full Version : Vinny Bleeds Silver and Black

John B
03-29-2013, 10:25 PM
With Parker down, the game tied and only 31 secs left, Vinny called time-out, instead of taking advantage of a 5 on 4 situation, and maybe getting fouled to take the lead. Way to go #15

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/webkit-fake-url://51DEFB29-F2D7-4AB8-8C69-D25E8A94A229/imgres.jpg

Spurs Brazil
03-29-2013, 10:27 PM
:lol

Arc
03-29-2013, 10:28 PM
missed call by the refs. parker should've shot a free throw tbh

SpurSpurSpurs
03-29-2013, 10:34 PM
missed call by the refs. parker should've shot a free throw tbh

Refs were cooking since 1st qtr. Not surprised about the no call.

John B
03-29-2013, 10:40 PM
I meant to put a picture of Vinny in Spurs jersey but didn't work. Still very new here :(

Darius Bieber
03-29-2013, 10:41 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/836/167/278933_display_image.jpg?1302032674

I got your back.

unforeseen
03-29-2013, 10:43 PM
Vinny the Black strikes again.

Chris
03-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Thread title made me chortle

John B
03-29-2013, 10:57 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/836/167/278933_display_image.jpg?1302032674

I got your back.

Clipper Nation
03-29-2013, 11:03 PM
:lol

Obstructed_View
03-30-2013, 02:45 AM
Same shit he did when he was running point tbh.

crc21209
03-30-2013, 02:50 AM
It's not that Vinny loves the Spurs, that's just Vinny being Vinny as a head coach tbh...:lol

scanry
03-30-2013, 02:55 AM

I got your back.

Vinny looks the same even today with that silly hairdo. :lol The Clippers would've clinched the West by now if they had a coach like Phil or Pop riding those monkey ballers.

If i'm Sterling, i'd throw the $$ at Doc Rivers in the off-season.

Splits
03-30-2013, 02:59 AM
Memphis will beat the Clips in the 1st round and VDN will be fired. Book it. And it will be a blessing for the better team in LA, cause he is not a good coach.

Sean Cagney
03-30-2013, 03:03 AM
Vinny looks the same even today with that silly hairdo. :lol The Clippers would've clinched the West by now if they had a coach like Phil or Pop riding those monkey ballers.

If i'm Sterling, i'd throw the $$ at Doc Rivers in the off-season.I HOPE TO GOD they do not get Doc Rivers in the offseason!!!!!!!!

baseline bum
03-30-2013, 03:03 AM
What a retard. Game tied, 31 seconds left, other team's best player down and not getting up and he calls timeout instead of trying to go 2 for 1 with either a layup or a foul likely. I would have loved to see the fit Chris Paul threw in the locker room after that.

silverblackfan
03-30-2013, 03:29 AM

Never thought about it, but to think of Pop coaching that very deep and talented team is scary. Surprised that Phil has not taken the position, TBH. Possible ring and the legacy goes on in L.A.

Clipper Nation
03-30-2013, 10:01 AM
Doc Rivers is just Vinny running Thibodeau's plays, tbh....

KL2
03-30-2013, 10:14 AM
I had flashbacks of that retarded "Pass it on" commercial, the one with that black kid and coach in that high school bball game, it's always playing.

TrainOfThought5
03-30-2013, 10:38 AM
I HOPE TO GOD they do not get Doc Rivers in the offseason!!!!!!!!

that would be a pretty bad scenario for us. our greatest advantage over LAC and OKC is coaching, tbh.

SenorSpur
03-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Vinny Del Negro is and will always be the Spurs I hated the most. After the Spurs scapegoated and jettisoned Rod Strickland, Del Negro was promoted by Bob Bass as the PG replacement for Strickland. THat experiment didn't last long, which is why the Spurs immediately had to go out and sign Avery Johnson again and again.

Despite being a very good shooter, meaning he was a SG - not a PG as Bob Bass and John Lucas tried to promote. The problem was that Del Negro was passive and mentally weak. He was the type of player who could score 27 pts against the Clippers in a meaningless regular season game, but when you needed contribution from him against a top-tier opponent, he would shrivel like a banana. In the epic '95 playoff series versus Houston, everyone knows big Dave received the bulk of the criticism for not slowing down Olajuwon. However, few people remember that Dave went toe-to-toe with Olajuwon in both points and rebounds. And outside of Sean Elliott and an occasional appearance by Rodman (who was mentally vacationing somewhere else), the Spurs got very little contribution from any of the other roles players - especially Del Negro. He totally disappeared the entire series. It's not a stretch to label him an early version of Matt Bonner. A player who camped out by the 3-pt line, could hit open shots - expect in the playoffs, and one who consistently wilted under intense defensive pressure by the opposition. They even have the same physical and mental limitations.

pjjrfan
03-30-2013, 10:46 AM
It's payback Pop did the same thing for Larry Brown's team not sure if it was Philly or Detroit, during a regular season game. I thought it was classy back then but also I felt it was more due to the bloodlines that connect Pop and Brown, I think I saw the same thing here.

pjjrfan
03-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Can't disagree with Vinny being a no show in big games, but Vinny had a lot more game than Bonner, he had a awesome midrange game, was a decent ballhandler, not a point guard quality guy but he could handle those chores up to a point, had great basketball smarts. But come playoff time he wouldn't shoot the ball and really looked like he was afraid to take any shot, which I remember caused me to get pissed off time and time again.

bigfan
03-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Lots of VDN hate here but I always liked the guy myself. He wasnt an all-time Spurs great but he was pretty good and seemed to be a good guy. Im glad things are working out for him in LA.

Spur|n|Austin
03-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Lots of VDN hate here but I always liked the guy myself. He wasnt an all-time Spurs great but he was pretty good and seemed to be a good guy. Im glad things are working out for him in LA.

I was a big fan on VDN as a kid, not sure why. I think I just liked his name :lol

Gagnrath
03-30-2013, 12:37 PM
I don't see Doc Rivers taking the LA job even if VDN looses it. He likes Boston and he is fairly secure there with a ring. Also Sterling throwing money at someone? You mean other than up in the air to himself after swimming in his hidden vault on the low rent side of town? Sterling sees a penny Sterling grabs it like Gollum with the ring.

John B
03-30-2013, 01:18 PM
It's payback Pop did the same thing for Larry Brown's team not sure if it was Philly or Detroit, during a regular season game. I thought it was classy back then but also I felt it was more due to the bloodlines that connect Pop and Brown, I think I saw the same thing here.
I also agree it's a class act, but could cost him a championship. But Pop has four and he's a very classy guy. I seem to remember Doc Rivers did something similar.

Clipper Nation
03-30-2013, 01:27 PM
I don't see Doc Rivers taking the LA job even if VDN looses it. He likes Boston and he is fairly secure there with a ring. Also Sterling throwing money at someone? You mean other than up in the air to himself after swimming in his hidden vault on the low rent side of town? Sterling sees a penny Sterling grabs it like Gollum with the ring.
If CP3 asks for a high-priced coach, Sterling will spend the money, tbh.... CP3 literally has final say in just about everything....

Gagnrath
03-30-2013, 01:55 PM
If CP3 asks for a high-priced coach, Sterling will spend the money, tbh.... CP3 literally has final say in just about everything....

Don't think so, sterling has profited penny pinching the clippers for decades, he's been semi-free spending the last 2 or 3 seasons because it has been profitable for him since the lakers have been down and he can be the LA franchise for a bit, but sterling will hold true to himself when given the chance,