PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the refereeing at home the last few games?

ElNono
03-30-2013, 12:07 AM
I'm making this thread now that the Spurs have actually won the last 6 at home, so there's no complaints about this stuff "only when we lose".

I thought the Spurs have been getting the shorter end of the stick with the whole 'home cooking' business. I think Pop getting ejected a couple games ago and getting a T tonight reflect the sentiment.

Tim is getting very little love from the refs on the offensive end and Tiago has to be one of the less respected bigs in the league, tbh.

Thoughts?

Creation88
03-30-2013, 12:09 AM
i agree there were some bogus mis-calls tonight including when Barnes? pushed Tim to the ground. glad we got the last laugh.

TheGoldStandard
03-30-2013, 12:13 AM
It's been a league wide thing, refs have not been consistent all season long. Preference calls for stars and no calls when there is major contact.

Richie
03-30-2013, 12:15 AM
I thought we got away with one at the end of the game, Paul got hit by Parker on the last shot.

Kidd K
03-30-2013, 12:22 AM
Yeah but they gave the Clippers a free free throw when Parker's fingernail got caught on paul's jersey and caused it to flutter slightly, and reset the shot clock to a full 24 when it should've been 0.6 on the jump since there was no change of possession. Parker also got elbowed in the back of the head and nearly KOed, and knocked down on a screen (the one he didn't flop on), and no call there either. All in the final 3 minutes.

So Parker got away with minimal contact on Paul at the end, but the Clippers got 5 other calls go their way that absolutely shouldn't have.

I agree that the refs have been fucking us over lately. Not going to cry conspiracy and give a theory as to why, but for whatever the case may be, we have been getting the shit end of the stick lately.

Sean Cagney
03-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Yeah but they gave the Clippers a free free throw when Parker's fingernail got caught on paul's jersey and caused it to flutter slightly, and reset the shot clock to a full 24 when it should've been 0.6 on the jump since there was no change of possession. Parker also got elbowed in the back of the head and nearly KOed, and knocked down on a screen (the one he didn't flop on), and no call there either. All in the final 3 minutes.

So Parker got away with minimal contact on Paul at the end, but the Clippers got 5 other calls go their way that absolutely shouldn't have.

I agree that the refs have been fucking us over lately. Not going to cry conspiracy and give a theory as to why, but for whatever the case may be, we have been getting the shit end of the stick lately.
The damn way their stupid announcers acted at the end (I had the online feed with LAC announcers) you would have swore they were jobbed because of one call, but they conviniently missed the others you mentioned! Good call.

Robz4000
03-30-2013, 12:39 AM
Just inconsistent officiating all around. Might be some internal plan by the NBA to help the Thunder get HCA or maybe just to add a bit of a storyline to the upcoming game in OKC next week, but it's been happening to a lot of smaller market teams all year.

pjjrfan
03-30-2013, 11:11 AM
Referring sucks but truth be told the NBA refs are 100 times better than the college refs, man those guys let a lot of shit go by. Still I like that the Spurs with Tim leading the way are beginning to get pissed off and fighting back, if anything these last two games are bringing out some needed toughness to our team.

Hoops Czar
03-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Nobody would be talking about the refs if the Spurs just took care of business each night. Don't allow the refs to control the outcome of games.

Fabbs
03-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Nobody would be talking about the refs if the Spurs just took care of business each night. Don't allow the refs to control the outcome of games.
True, but still an unfair advantage for opponent. Why should Spurs have to overcome refs while the other team gets the help? (Thunder, Kobme etc)

As for the "stars get the calls" i call b.s. Duncan should be considered as big a star as any and he has never gotten the b.j.s that other *stars* have.

DJB
03-30-2013, 11:36 AM
I'm making this thread now that the Spurs have actually won the last 6 at home, so there's no complaints about this stuff "only when we lose".

I thought the Spurs have been getting the shorter end of the stick with the whole 'home cooking' business. I think Pop getting ejected a couple games ago and getting a T tonight reflect the sentiment.

Tim is getting very little love from the refs on the offensive end and Tiago has to be one of the less respected bigs in the league, tbh.

Thoughts?

I actually disagree. I think the calls we got in the Denver game in the 3rd quarter is what helped set the momentum for the turn around.

FromWayDowntown
03-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Get ready -- I think there's a reasonable chance that Joey's got SA/MIA on Sunday. He last worked in Dallas on Thursday night and isn't working tonight. He's in the neighborhood and he's rested.

Mel_13
03-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Last 6 home games:

FTA:
Spurs 22.2
Opp: 17.7

PFs:
Spurs 16.3
Opp: 23.5

Pop
03-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Last 6 home games:

FTA:
Spurs 22.2

PFs:
Spurs 16.3

:lol

I never get these threads/conspiracy theories.

therealtruth
03-30-2013, 09:15 PM
:lol

I never get these threads/conspiracy theories.

The margin needs to be greater.

Spur|n|Austin
03-30-2013, 09:22 PM
Get ready -- I think there's a reasonable chance that Joey's got SA/MIA on Sunday. He last worked in Dallas on Thursday night and isn't working tonight. He's in the neighborhood and he's rested.

Besides the whole Tim vs. Joey debacle years back, I think he's been pretty even sided actually. That's not to say I despise him for his showing of bitchness though.

SayTown
03-30-2013, 09:40 PM
Last 6 home games:

FTA:
Spurs 22.2

PFs:
Spurs 16.3

This is irrelevant and doesn't mean Spurs should be getting more fouls called on them or opponents should be getting less fouls called on them

Mel_13
03-30-2013, 09:56 PM
This is irrelevant and doesn't mean Spurs should be getting more fouls called on them or opponents should be getting less fouls called on them

Actually, they're just simple facts. Feel free to interpret them as you please, but the facts are never irrelevant.

spurtech09
03-30-2013, 10:08 PM

Thoughts?Ive been saying this the last couple of games....the spurs have been getting beat up pretty good and the refs have something to do with it...games have been close and a lot of bs calls......I just hop it doesn't end up traveling into the play offs

FuzzyLumpkins
03-30-2013, 10:23 PM
The Spurs have two post players in a league that actively discourages the practice in rules changes. The refs have simply not called post defense as it's written for the vast majority of the year. Things like: "one arm," "no hands," "you cannot extend your arm and shove during the shot." We see it every single game and I cannot recall that being called once. Between that and teams getting away with grabbing Tony as he gets a screen or just plain riding him every possession, I loathe NBA officiating. Everything is a judgment call and most games I just don't see how the players can know what is and what is not going to be called even from quarter to quarter.

Worst officiating in pro sports.

ElNono
03-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Last 6 home games:

FTA:
Spurs 22.2

PFs:
Spurs 16.3

I'm actually more concerned with the fouls that are NOT called. I'm pretty sure when Pop does get T'ed up, it's for the missed foul calls that are not in that list.

Appreciate the numbers though.

FromWayDowntown
03-31-2013, 08:15 AM
Joe Crawford, Eric Dalen, Jason Phillips

skulls138
03-31-2013, 12:16 PM
The game with the Clippers started out horrendously with the calls but immediately ceased after Pops went ballistic and the crowd was about to tear the refs limb from limb. That makes me nervous because that means theyll use those uncalled fouls later on.

exstatic
03-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Joey Awful reffing tonight. Don't look for improvement in the ATT Center refereeing.

Darius Bieber
03-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Guys, we don't have it THAT bad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmZEbe3Q2ps

Thread
03-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Joey Awful reffing tonight. Don't look for improvement in the ATT Center refereeing.

See, now yer covered in case of loss.

You pussy. You asshole.

exstatic
03-31-2013, 01:36 PM
See, now yer covered in case of loss.

You pussy. You asshole.

You parrot. :lol

spurs10
03-31-2013, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I'm not concerned about any disparity in fta's. As, Mel_13, pointed out we are looking good in that regard. With ElNono though in thinking, it's the no-calls that are glaring. That Clips game had some big ones...CP3 needs someone to change his diaper!