PDA

View Full Version : Wade or Ginobili

FoxMulder
07-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Iīve heard that those two are the future of the league. Who is better?

Obi wan Ginobili
07-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Wade has more upside...

mookie2001
07-07-2005, 11:37 AM
i refuse to say without a poll
steven a smith would say either

"bottom line is Wade is younger and plays with the big fella"
or
"at the end of the day ginobili has two rings a gold medal and wade has none"
or
"at the end of the day blah blah blah yada blah"
"bottom line is blah blah blah"

usckk
07-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Wade will get more publicity.

weebo
07-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Wade maybe better, but Manu has the rings.

FoxMulder
07-07-2005, 11:39 AM
I agree with that

nkdlunch
07-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Not this shit again!

Wade is better, but Manu will get more rings and be more famous around the world.

Ginobili_20_gold_medalist
07-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Dumb question. Even though they're similar players Wade is better without a doubt. He has more athleticism and is just as fearless at attacking the rim as Ginobili. If he can get a more consistent jumpshot Wade will be unstoppable. I just hope he doesn't start thinking he needs a 3 point shot. T-Mac, Kobe, (and now Lebron) jack up threes like it's going out of style and none of them shoot the 3 ball that good to justify it. Hopefully Wade keeps his efficient style of game...slashing, hitting the midrange jumper, and getting to the foul line.

SpursChampsIII
07-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Wade maybe better, but Manu has the rings.

There it is!

easjer
07-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Wade, but Manu is the winner. Wade can't carry a team, and unfortunately for him, it seems he'll be asked to for quite some time to come.

Kori Ellis
07-07-2005, 11:43 AM
I think people say "Wade and LeBron" are the future of the league - not Wade and Ginobili.

Ginobili is the NOW of the league.

FoxMulder
07-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Good Point Kori

Sense
07-07-2005, 11:45 AM
I think Manu is better because he's unpredictable, thats IMO, Wade is stoppable.

mattyc
07-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Not a fair comparison IMO.

mookie2001
07-07-2005, 11:51 AM
"at the end of the day ginobili has two rings a gold medal and wade has none"

he is an expert

FoxMulder
07-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Manu is a winner but is he better than Wade?
Or is because Manu is in the better team?

ICE3000
07-07-2005, 12:17 PM
This Is Not A Fair Comparison For Wade Imo... Its Not Like Duncan Vs Kg Where Both Players Are The Leaders Of There Respective Teams And Bonafide Superstars... Ginobili Has Been A Pro For Years And Wade Is 2 Years Out Of College... When Its All Said And Done Wade Will Be Better. I Dont Think Manus Rings Count For Him Since He Did Not Lead Us To The Chip... Wades Upside Is Scary... Ginobili Wont Get Better Hell Just Tweak Certain Areas Of His Game

BlueShark#6
07-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Manu is better but the haters in the us-media will talk about wade non-stop even though Manu is a proven winner with 2 rings a gold medal and euro championships...in the world media Manu is the new MJ

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Manu can leap tall buildings in a single bound and rays of sunshine spread from his anus to blanket all of Argentina with a layer of loving warmth.

We get it.

spurschick
07-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Manu can leap tall buildings in a single bound and rays of sunshine spread from his anus to blanket all of Argentina with a layer of loving warmth.

We get it.

Can his anus spread a cold front and some rain here in San Antonio? If so, I will label him a god.

Banks91
07-07-2005, 12:23 PM
looool wtf

ICE3000
07-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Wade, but Manu is the winner. Wade can't carry a team, and unfortunately for him, it seems he'll be asked to for quite some time to come.

C'mon now I think its a little soon to be sayin wade cant carry a team... he did pretty well last year w/o shaq... I doubt Manu could carry a NBA team at this point but fortunatly for him he WONT be asked to for quite some time to come

Joesteds
07-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Wow not a very good question. Wade did it every single game and never seemed to just disappear like Manu did. Both are very good, but Wade is just a complete player and he is young. I had no clue until a week or so ago that Ginobili was already 28. Wade is 22 or 23. Big difference in those 5 or 6 years.

BlueShark#6
07-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Manu carried us pretty damn well in several regular season games and in the post season when TD was out or had crappy games.

ICE3000
07-07-2005, 12:27 PM
I think Manu is better because he's unpredictable, thats IMO, Wade is stoppable.

are u sayin Manu is unstoppable?

FoxMulder
07-07-2005, 12:28 PM
hmmm Wade never disappear? Manu and Wade disappear when they get injured against Detroit but Manu could get recovered.... for game 7

Frenchise player
07-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Manu is a genious, he is a creator and he is clutch. He is the guy I have the more fun to watch.
The only problem is that he can't be on top of his form for all a season and that's what Wade brings.
Wade is a scorrer, you know he will score at least twenty points a night and give five assists that's a stat filler, he is like Vince Carter but younger. I think he will envolve in something better than Carter is but Ginobili is just a diferent kind of basketballer.

tlongII
07-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Wade is a better player, but I would rather have Ginobili taking a last-second shot to win a game.

vanvannen
07-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Wade is clearly the better player.
However, I would rather have Manu on my team, as he seems to find a way to win in every team he's played. I remember Manu saying in an interview he has never won shit until he got to Italy. He never won a championship in Argentina. Not even when he was a kid. I remember him saying he was desperate to win something.

smeagol
07-07-2005, 12:44 PM

We get it.
You are still an idiot. we get it.

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2005, 12:45 PM
...and you're a sensitive little prick. We get it.

Nikos
07-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Wade is better and has more upside of course. But I doubt Wade improves by astronomical amounts. He is already damn good.

Ginobili is Wade-lite. But that is not a knock on Manu, when he is playing his best game he is not too far behind from Wade's best.

ace3g
07-07-2005, 12:49 PM
I Dont Think Manus Rings Count For Him Since He Did Not Lead Us To The Chip.

Ice did you watch the playoffs, if we didnt have manu this season, we wouldn't have gotten to the finals

07-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Wow not a very good question. Wade did it every single game and never seemed to just disappear like Manu did. Both are very good, but Wade is just a complete player and he is young. I had no clue until a week or so ago that Ginobili was already 28. Wade is 22 or 23. Big difference in those 5 or 6 years.

I wouldn't call Wade a complete player yet but he's on his way there. At the beginning of the year Wade could barely hit an open 18 foot jumpshot (similar to Tony Parker) so defenses played him for the drive but in the playoffs I saw glimpses of his jumpshot starting to come around and his shooting form was looking good. If he can do that all season next year he'll be unstoppable and a complete player. His defense is pretty good for a 2nd year player too.

ICE3000
07-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Manu is better but the haters in the us-media will talk about wade non-stop even though Manu is a proven winner with 2 rings a gold medal and euro championships...in the world media Manu is the new MJ

Soooo is it crack or heroin your usin???

vanvannen
07-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Marcus, I understand you are sick of all us argies Manu homers. Let's look at it as if any Spurs fan was at an NBA forum, I'm sure he would say the same about Tim Duncan. I for one don't think Manu is an angel fallen from the sky and would love it if he cut down on those stupid turnovers or made better decisions from time to time. However, it's pretty annoying reading all the crap some of the posters say about Manu because they are just sick of the argentinean love to Manu. (I'm pretty bored myself)
Let's just try all to be less biased on one side and more understanding on the other. This is a basketball forum. Let's talk basketball.

smeagol
07-07-2005, 12:58 PM
...and you're a sensitive little prick. We get it.
Prick?.
Could be . . .

Sensitive?
Well, you've made the "Manu is invincible" crack so many times, somebody had to call you out.

Little?.
Not a chance in Hell.

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm tired of what people are saying about Scola simply because he is Argentinian.

vanvannen
07-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Scola is a good player and he will be useful to this organization.
No, he is not the next TD or KG. No, he cannot grab 20rpg and score 30ppg off the bench. He however will put up decent numbers.
Anyway, I guess we will all have to wait and see, won't we?
All I'm asking is don't hate the player because of the homers. (neither Scola, nor Manu)

By the way, 1,000,000+ posts???? Geee... :wow

WalterBenitez
07-07-2005, 01:09 PM
Wade is a better player, but I would rather have Ginobili taking a last-second shot to win a game.

I do agree, Wade is BETTER, but Manu is HEART; I'd pay a ticket for both, but at the end watching Manu will be exciting and touching :smokin

ducks
07-07-2005, 01:11 PM
if I were to chose I would go with wade because he has more upside and is younger
if it was just for 2 years I would choose manu though

ICE3000
07-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Ice did you watch the playoffs, if we didnt have manu this season, we wouldn't have gotten to the finals

if we didnt have TD we wouldnt made the playoffs.... with that said Manu played his role as a role player he still didnt lead us... TD is the only spur to be on all 3 championship teams this proves we can win without Manu... I love Ginobili bu he CAN be replaced

WalterBenitez
07-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Soooo is it crack or heroin your usin???

Don't be cruel, the sun is hot outside :lmao

but ... Manu is probably the most famous Intl player overseas :angel

ICE3000
07-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Don't be cruel, the sun is hot outside :lmao

but ... Manu is probably the most famous Intl player overseas :angel

apalogies... I didnt think popularity wise... I thought u were sayin Manu was the next coming of MJ or is as good as MJ was

Banks91
07-07-2005, 01:20 PM
we have won 3 rings, manu has been a factor in only 1 of them(2005),

so its given that the spurs could win without him, they dont want to but

can

Banks91
07-07-2005, 01:21 PM
but y are we arguin, this has the potential to turn into another td/manu

thread

beirmeistr
07-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Ginobili is probably the more complete plater right now, but he may be at his peak. Wade is greta right now and has years to improve even more. In the most pressure-packed games, right now, I would rather have Ginobili. Three or four years from now, or sooner, Wade might be even better than Kobe.

beirmeistr
07-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Oop, corrections
player
great ( I must have been typing in Italian)

Spursdaone
07-07-2005, 02:00 PM
I would have to give the edge to Wade but Ginobili is not far off. Ginobili does have the 3 point shot that Wade doesn't so far. Wade has tons of potential and could be a top 5 player if not already. With all the new talent it would be hard to say who has the most upside.

WalterBenitez
07-07-2005, 02:01 PM
apalogies... I didnt think popularity wise... I thought u were sayin Manu was the next coming of MJ or is as good as MJ was

accepted :blah

Sense
07-07-2005, 02:04 PM
are u sayin Manu is unstoppable?

Yep, unless someone injures him... or he just doesn't show up.

FoxMulder
07-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Lets talk about Manu and Wade fellas. Not about TD and Manu. Both Wade and Manu are guards... both creates his own shoot... but Manu is less athletic and is older than Dwayne.

Dwayne is still young but he plays with Shaq, that improves you automatically in the same way than when you play with TD.

Arenīt they the same style? I think manu is more creative and mature. And if he doesnīt score he can help the team in a lot of ways. I donīt know if Wade at this moment can do the same.

1Parker1
07-07-2005, 02:13 PM
I hate Wade. I give him 2 years before he cracks and becomes a Kobe-like adulter who lets attitude and fame get in the way of his talent.

It's not his fault, Shaq has that effect on his teammates :)

FoxMulder
07-07-2005, 02:18 PM
I have the same thoughts. But we must wait and see... I hope not... the kid has great potential

nkdlunch
07-07-2005, 02:29 PM
I hate Wade. I give him 2 years before he cracks and becomes a Kobe-like adulter who lets attitude and fame get in the way of his talent.

why would you hate Wade? he seems like a decent guy.

Buenos Hairys
07-07-2005, 02:32 PM
MY COUNTRYMAN MANU IS BETTER THAN YOU GRINGO AMERICANOS

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20050615/i/r2068164516.jpg

07-07-2005, 02:34 PM
we have won 3 rings, manu has been a factor in only 1 of them(2005),

so its given that the spurs could win without him, they dont want to but

can

The Spurs had different personnel back in '99 and '03. As of now they're not winning a damn thing without Ginobili on the team. And he was a big factor in the '03 title. That's where I mainly took notice of his game. I always thought the Spurs were a soft team and Ginobili was just about the only player that really played with no fear (especially against the Lakers) and it seemed like everytime he came in the game the team suddenly went from lethargic to energized. It was no fluke...he simply made things happen. I was always calling for Popovich to take Stephen Jackson out the game and to put Ginobili in.

Buenos Hairys
07-07-2005, 02:34 PM
MANU HAS MUY BONITA SENORITAS MORE THAN GRINGOS

http://www.supergino.com/images/offcourt/oc55.jpg

07-07-2005, 02:37 PM

I don't see any reason to hate Wade yet. He seems like a humble guy but I must admit in the playoffs I did see glimpses of him thinking he deserved to be treated like a superstar. Sometimes he didn't even get back on defense because he was too busy staring down a ref for not blowing the whistle and a few times he even fouled someone on purpose to stop the play so he could glare at the ref...it was very similar to something Rasheed Wallace would do. He needs to curb that attitude a bit. At least he's not straight up cocky like Kobe was though. Kobe was never humble to begin with.

Athenea
07-07-2005, 02:48 PM
In My Opinion= IMO :)

FoxMulder
07-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Is a wish ...
next year in the Finals

MIAMI Against SA

07-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Is a wish ...
next year in the Finals

MIAMI Against SA

I was hoping to see that this year. If only Wade didn't get injured late in the series.

FoxMulder
07-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Keep the faith my man, keep the faith :)

hendrix
07-07-2005, 03:00 PM
MANU HAS MUY BONITA SENORITAS MORE THAN GRINGOS

This dude's spanish is so awful it makes it clear he's one of the usual trolls.

FoxMulder
07-07-2005, 03:02 PM
la verdad habla un castellano bastante pobre no? o es un chabon haciendose pasar por argentino o es un argentino haciendose el pancho...

nkdlunch
07-07-2005, 03:10 PM
:lol es el boludo de Mouse

MaNuMaNiAc
07-07-2005, 03:10 PM
la verdad habla un castellano bastante pobre no? o es un chabon haciendose pasar por argentino o es un argentino haciendose el pancho...
y si, esas serian las unicas opciones no?

FoxMulder
07-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Again in English I still think Manu is mature player that can do anything in order to win. Wade is still a promise...

Joesteds
07-07-2005, 03:25 PM
For everyone saying that Ginobili is more exciting or more clutch or more fun to watch, well of course you say that because he is your guy. I am a Rockets fan and would say that T-Mac is better in all the above but thats me. However watching Ginobili and Wade both, I don't think I can say Ginobili is more exciting or more fun to watch. If you saw Game 2 of the Eastern Finals when Wade put up 40 and just took over in the 4th with crazy shots, I don't think you can say Ginobili is more fun to watch. I picture Ginobilis great game against Phoenix in the regular season and compare that to Wades performance. The fact that it was against the tough ass Miami D and they knew it was Wades show just does it for me.

kevm2
07-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Wade is better.

FoxMulder
07-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Wade is better.
He is better or he will be better?

1Parker1
07-07-2005, 03:29 PM
why would you hate Wade? he seems like a decent guy.

He's already acting like he thinks he's a superstar or something. He gets the most craziest calls in the NBA I have ever seen---worse than Shaq. Half the time he gets to the line, the call could have/should been an offensive foul.

Media bitches that Manu flops and initiates contact? Wade is even worse.

Miami lost Game 7 in large part due to Wade. I don't care if you have a 60% healthy Shaq. In the 4th quarter of a Game 7 of the WCF, you dump it to the big guy if you have him on your team. Wade def let the his stardom get to his head and he tried to be the savior. He took so many ill-advised shots, etc. In contrast, Manu in the 4th quarter of Game 7 of hte NBA Finals...though he scored 14 some points, he knew dumping it in to TD was the best thing to do--And that is why I think Manu is better, he plays smarter basketball.

I was getting very tired of all the media hype surrounding him in the Finals. Dude had to play Nets and the Wizards....of course he could have averaged 25 and 7 or whatever it was he did.

vanvannen
07-07-2005, 03:30 PM
Buenos Hairys es Mouse. Tiene otros 20 nicks. De hecho creo que hay un thread donde figuran todos.

Horry For 3!
07-07-2005, 03:32 PM
I think people say "Wade and LeBron" are the future of the league - not Wade and Ginobili.

Ginobili is the NOW of the league.
Well said and true.

WalterBenitez
07-07-2005, 03:33 PM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20050615/i/r2068164516.jpg

Sean: Hey Manu you got beautiful legs!

:lmao

Joesteds
07-07-2005, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE=1Parker1] Media bitches that Manu flops and initiates contact? Wade is even worse.

Miami lost Game 7 in large part due to Wade. I don't care if you have a 60% healthy Shaq. In the 4th quarter of a Game 7 of the WCF, you dump it to the big guy if you have him on your team. Wade def let the his stardom get to his head and he tried to be the savior. He took so many ill-advised shots, etc. In contrast, Manu in the 4th quarter of Game 7 of hte NBA Finals...though he scored 14 some points, he knew dumping it in to TD was the best thing to do--And that is why I think Manu is better, he plays smarter basketball. [QUOTE]

Manu does flop, and I am convinced that he grew out his hair to make the flops look more dramatic. More power to him cause if he can get away with it then its fine. However, Game 6 of the Finals I may remind you that it was Manu's inability to spread the ball and dumber play that cost them a chance to win that game. Ultimately then won the title but that downfall in Game 6 was pretty bad and didn't get publicized as much.

FoxMulder
07-07-2005, 03:35 PM
BuenosHayris is Mouse?!

Buenos Hairys
07-07-2005, 03:36 PM
do You Sleep With Your Sister?

FoxMulder
07-07-2005, 03:40 PM
I havenīt got a sister... if you want to speak in spanish we can teach you some words

FoxMulder
07-07-2005, 03:49 PM
do You Sleep With Your Sister?

:drunk :hat :smokin :elephant

TOP-CHERRY
07-07-2005, 04:16 PM
You can't really compare a rookie playing alongside one of the most dominant players in the league to a player who's been here 3 years.

Oh, wait...

Yeah, Wade is good, although we've only seen him play one year alongside Shaq the big guy. At least we know Manu wasn't made great because of Duncan. Wade... hard to say.

Spursdaone
07-07-2005, 04:22 PM
The next question would be asked if Ginobili is better than Kobe. This is so obvious who is better even though Ginobili is a great player. Wade is scary good and by next year will be dominating.

FoxMulder
07-07-2005, 04:30 PM
I guess we will know that only when they play alone in teams without Shaq and TD...
Weīve got a clue about Manu with the Argentinian team...
Wade in 2002 also play well and made some clutch points...

Joesteds
07-07-2005, 04:39 PM
I think everyone has answered their own question with being so indecisive:
Wade is 23
Ginobili is 28

FoxMulder
07-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Without any comparison but Jordan was at his prime at 28 and he still was playing in good level at 34 (even when he was in Wash he could score), improving every year. If Manu does at least 10% of what MJ did then I will be happy...

thekingrobert
07-07-2005, 05:07 PM
its simple manu is great wade is great, manu is tougher plays more thru injury where as the heat hold wade off to heal, manu's left make him a harder cover, also his three point shot makes him a better shooter, wade might be quicker, wade has a lot of upside but lets not forget manu beat a team w/ TD and wade on it so maybe manu is a better leader then wade now all that said gimme manu now and wade in 5 years, i live in miami so ive seen a lot of wade

duncan_21
07-07-2005, 05:14 PM
OK, I'll bite. I think that manu is just as good a driver, a better defender, equal passer, better shooter, and more clutch. Right now manu is the better of the 2 players.

Wades stats: 39mpg 24ppg 5rpg 7apg 47%fg 29%tp
all while attempting 17.1 fgs per game.

Manus stats: 30mpg 16ppg 4apg 4rpg 47%fg 38%tp
all while attempting 10.5 fgs per game.

If manu got the mpg that wade gets his stats would look similar to wades. Right now if I had to take the best guy for next year I take manu hands down. 4 years from now it's a toss up. 6 years from now wade is the clear winner.

thekingrobert
07-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Also lets remember Manu's role with the Spurs if he was on the Heat he would have to do more as Wade has to do that ppl say Duncan had a bad year cause his #s were down but in actuality he didnt have to do as much cause the other guys picked up the slack, another thing is the Spurs team was very deep and pop kept everyone fresh for a grueling playoff run just as he did in Drob's last years. So switch Manu and Wade teams and the numbers would switch also infact just because Manu's shot is better he would score more.

Spursdaone
07-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Wade has become the best player on Miami so it is ridiculous to put Manu ahead of Wade. That is like saying Parker is better than Nash.

thekingrobert
07-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Go look at Wades #s when shaq was out im sure they are lower now look at Manus #s when TD was out they went up, Shaq helps Wade A LOT

duncan_21
07-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Go look at Wades #s when shaq was out im sure they are lower now look at Manus #s when TD was out they went up, Shaq helps Wade A LOT

Nice take.

Brutalis
07-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Um...

WADE, HELLO?

Manu is fucking 28? 29? In his prime and we all know what age does to prime.

Wade is better, The only thing Manu has on Wade is defense.

Brutalis
07-07-2005, 05:30 PM
oops.

thekingrobert
07-07-2005, 05:33 PM
the question isnt who's older or younger its who's better Manu right now is better prime or not

Kori Ellis
07-07-2005, 05:35 PM
If manu got the mpg that wade gets his stats would look similar to wades.

Manu's body couldn't sustain playing 39 mpg -- you should take that into account.

That being said, I'd rather have Manu right now. I'd rather have Wade three years from now.

thekingrobert
07-07-2005, 05:38 PM
why cant Manus body take that?

Brutalis
07-07-2005, 05:43 PM
yeah no kidding. this dude has been balling here and there his whole life. saying he cant do 39mpg is mindless.

spurschick
07-07-2005, 05:44 PM
why cant Manus body take that?

He likes to use it as a battering ram on occasion to get to the basket. He tends to run into a few tanks on the way.

Brutalis
07-07-2005, 05:45 PM
He likes to use it as a battering ram on occasion to get to the basket. He tends to run into a few tanks on the way.
rofl. geez.

anyways.

im sure manu wouldnt be as wreckless knowing he had to do 39 every game...

spurschick
07-07-2005, 05:50 PM
rofl. geez.

anyways.

im sure manu wouldnt be as wreckless knowing he had to do 39 every game...

Perhaps, if he knew that he would have to play almost the entire game with little rest. But he doesn't have to do that, so he plays his game and it usually involves some physical play to the basket. He is who he is and Pop has adjusted to it.

As for Wade, I think he's good now, but he's going to be a monster in an couple of years. But I think he and Manu are like apples and oranges.

violentkitten
07-07-2005, 05:52 PM
thats the one problem with ginobili. if he could break 35 minutes a game a night then i'd believe he was one of the greatest ever

thekingrobert
07-07-2005, 05:55 PM
u guys saying he cant play 39 or "if" he could play 35 thats not his choice its the coaches so what in the hell are u talking about Duncan only played 34 mins are you tellin me he cant play 35+ either?

Kori Ellis
07-07-2005, 05:56 PM
saying he cant do 39mpg is mindless.

I'm not saying he can never play 39 in a game, but I'm saying that it would be difficult for him to do so over an 82 game season. Manu himself said the majority of this season, he was exhausted and getting broken down in 4th quarters and he was only play 30 mpg. That's why the Spurs are having him gain some weight this summer and get on a conditioning program. Hopefully he'll be able to average close to 35 mpg next year.

But I don't really care what he does in the regular season as long as he can bring it in the postseason.

Spursdaone
07-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Ginobili is not strong enough to take that type of beating that he has for 35+ minutes. Wade takes a beating but he is a man. He has to be one of the strongest and fastest guards in league. The combination of the 2 are scary.

07-07-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm not saying he can never play 39 in a game, but I'm saying that it would be difficult for him to do so over an 82 game season. Manu himself said the majority of this season, he was exhausted and getting broken down in 4th quarters and he was only play 30 mpg. That's why the Spurs are having him gain some weight this summer and get on a conditioning program. Hopefully he'll be able to average close to 35 mpg next year.

His fatigue may also have to do with him playing basketball year round for the last 3-4 years. That's no cakewalk. I remember Phil Jackson letting Jordan and Pippen take practices off just because they were drained from playing in the Olympics back in '92.

Kori Ellis
07-07-2005, 06:03 PM
His fatigue may also have to do with him playing basketball year round for the last 3-4 years. That's no cakewalk.

I'm sure that's why it is. That's why I'm expecting to see him average a couple more minutes per game in the upcoming season.

Spursdaone
07-07-2005, 06:33 PM
His body was not built to take punishment. Other examples are Dirk Nowitzki, Peja Stojakovic, Steve Nash, and etc.

thekingrobert
07-07-2005, 06:35 PM
in dallas they held nash out cause they said he couldnt take the minutes but in phoenix he played more and did better and then stepped it up another level in the playoffs explain that

Spursdaone
07-07-2005, 06:38 PM
It is called an inside game. His name is Stoudmire. Nash does a great job in avoiding contact also. Ginobili seems to go at it instead of avoiding.

thekingrobert
07-07-2005, 06:39 PM
makes sense

smeagol
07-07-2005, 06:39 PM
MY COUNTRYMAN MANU IS BETTER THAN YOU GRINGO AMERICANOS
Now that's better, Spark. :lol

ALVAREZ6
07-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Wade might be better, but at the end of the day...

But can he wear a gold medal around his neck with 2 rings around his fingers?

ALVAREZ6
07-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Manu only plays around 30-35 minutes per game because of the intensity that he plays with. That dude gives 100% hustle in every aspect of the game, whether it's offensive rebounding, stealing, etc. He's workin his but off every single second that he's in.

ducks
07-07-2005, 07:23 PM
just because a player plays 110% should not change the fact he can not play 39 minutes a game

mnau is not the only player that plays the way he does

smeagol
07-07-2005, 07:41 PM
just because a player plays 110% should not change the fact he can not play 39 minutes a game
We disagree again. manu giving 110% is way more than almost any other player giving 100% in this league.

mnau is not the only player that plays the way he does
There's not many. Care to give me one that does and plays 39 mpg?

Spursdaone
07-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Wade by surprise.

FoxMulder
07-08-2005, 07:22 AM
Manu only plays around 30-35 minutes per game because of the intensity that he plays with. That dude gives 100% hustle in every aspect of the game, whether it's offensive rebounding, stealing, etc. He's workin his but off every single second that he's in.

Thatīs a quote of Popovich. He told that here in Argentina last week to reporters when they asked Why ginobili didnīt play more minutes...